PDA

View Full Version : YHRD haplotypes

dp
08-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Has anyone added a haplotype to YHRD? Are they only interested in bulk submissions?
Does any of the testing companies have a direct submittal methodology in place.
The YRHD instructions seem overly complicated to me. I browsed through the thread lists but didn't find anyone talking about adding their haplotype to YHRD.
I was able to submit a .FASTA file of my mtDNA directly to GENBANK, with only some slight alterations from the FTDNA provided .FASTA file header, and answering some basic questions as to my identity, testing company, etc. Couldn't YHRD do something similar.
Thanks,
dp :-)

Stellaritic
08-09-2014, 04:23 PM
YHRD is built by direct submissions of population data from individual laboratories. Upon receipt of a submission, the YHRD staff examines the originality of the data and assigns an accession number to the population sample and performs quality assurance checks. The submissions are then released to the public database, where the entries are retrievable by Search for haplotypes, populations, contributors or accession numbers. All population data published in forensic journals as FSI:Genetics or International Journal of Legal Medicine are required to be validated by the YHRD custodians and are subsequently included in the YHRD
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_Chromosome_Haplotype_Reference_Database