PDA

View Full Version : time to Nuke Guyana! Holy Ick Batman

MikeWhalen
10-19-2014, 08:22 PM
I cant remember if this nightmare ever got posted, but I thought it worthwhile for others to see

but don't dream about it tonight...

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/goliath-encounter-puppy-sized-spider-surprises-scientist-rainforest-125720953.html

Mike

Táltos
10-19-2014, 08:26 PM
OH COME ON NOW!!! You will not earn a thanks or receive any reputation from me for that one!

And now that I've just gotten over my initial revulsion of the picture to read the article. You have got to be kidding me!

When Naskrecki approached the imposing creature in the rainforest, it would rub its hind legs against its abdomen. At first, the scientist thought the behavior was "cute," he said, but then he realized the spider was sending out a cloud of hairs with microscopic barbs on them. When these hairs get in the eyes or other mucous membranes, they are "extremely painful and itchy," and can stay there for days, he said.

First of all there can never be anything good to come from or cute from a puppy sized spider doing a dance with it's hind legs on it's abdomen! :behindsofa:

George Chandler
10-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Ok the best part is when the hairs on the legs rub together it sounds like Velcro tearing apart. LOL What an adorable little creature!

Joe B
10-19-2014, 10:46 PM
I cant remember if this nightmare ever got posted, but I thought it worthwhile for others to see

but don't dream about it tonight...

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/goliath-encounter-puppy-sized-spider-surprises-scientist-rainforest-125720953.html

Mike
Before nuking an entire country, shouldn't we find out what they taste like first? The mean the spiders, not the people.

rms2
10-19-2014, 11:03 PM
That is one more reason to stay clear of anyplace too near the Equator.

Táltos
10-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Ok the best part is when the hairs on the legs rub together it sounds like Velcro tearing apart. LOL What an adorable little creature!
Yeah I didn't know if I thought this was more gruesome than the kooky dance. The cloud of hairs with the microscopic barbs really did it for me.

Joe B all I can say to that is :puke:

MikeWhalen
10-19-2014, 11:31 PM
Joe, after careful consideration, I feel pretty comfortable with the Nuke option...its the only way to make sure we get them all
:)

Taltos-I was pretty sure I was not going to get alot of strokes for posting this one, but I figured that if I had to suffer with that pic in my mind forever, then others should too

rms2-that seems like a pretty good rule of thumb, aside from the devillish heat, way too many creepy crawlies thrive around there

George---your weird

Mike

ps-how bout them 'Boys and my Pack?
good day for football!

George Chandler
10-20-2014, 12:54 AM
Joe, after careful consideration, I feel pretty comfortable with the Nuke option...its the only way to make sure we get them all

Taltos-I was pretty sure I was not going to get alot of strokes for posting this one, but I figured that if I had to suffer with that pic in my mind forever, then others should too

rms2-that seems like a pretty good rule of thumb, aside from the devillish heat, way too many creepy crawlies thrive around there

George---your weird

Mike

ps-how bout them 'Boys and my Pack?
good day for football!

LMAO! Can't you see yourself having one as a pet? Curling up to you at night to stay warm, attacking and eating the neighbour dog? Think of all the fun you could have at Halloween answer the door with that thing on your shoulder making Velcro sounds as it walks down your arm!

AJL
10-20-2014, 03:38 AM
Mike:

I'm torn. You present compelling evidence for nukes, but some of the best food I have ever had is from a Guyanese roti shop. That said, I don't think it had much spider in it. But if one were to want to eat these, you can find a recipe here:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Deep-Fried-Tarantula-Spider-51184810

Táltos
10-20-2014, 04:10 AM
Mike:

I'm torn. You present compelling evidence for nukes, but some of the best food I have ever had is from a Guyanese roti shop. That said, I don't think it had much spider in it. But if one were to want to eat these, you can find a recipe here:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Deep-Fried-Tarantula-Spider-51184810
Oh Dear Lord. I don't know if this is supposed to be Spider Fries or what!? Maybe you can get this at a drive thru in Guyana?

EDIT-Oh wait, it's a dead spider. That's a good thing!

apophis99942
01-01-2015, 03:50 AM
Cooking a country doesn't sound like a good idea.