PDA

View Full Version : Vance/Whalen group 2 Big Y results

MikeWhalen
10-30-2014, 06:26 PM
YAY!
I got my big Y test results back today, and have sent the file to MikeW for his and others analysis!! (sorry for the new thread but I could not find the old thread that this stuff was posted in for love or money)
I took a quick look at it but there is so much info, I got lost quickly and have no clue what it means

We still have one Vance (my NPE family from the mid 1700's in Ireland) big Y test outstanding, and when it is done, the experts should be able to 'triangulate' the 3 and squeeze out some extra info

Mike Walsh advised the Vances to pick mine for testing, I think because I am some sort of outlier from them, our super close matching not withstanding, and that increases the chances for good info to get churned out.
It was a break for me as I could not afford getting the test right now, but the Vances did some fund raising and helped with the majority of the cost

Potentially more excitingly is the fact that 'our' Vance/Whalen group 2 group is evidently a very early branch/break off from the L513 SNP and several of the experts have hopes our results will help fill in some good info on this key marker itself

Anyway, my inner geek is very pleased and waiting like a kid on Christmas morning!
Crunch them numbers boys (and girls)

Mike

Táltos
10-30-2014, 07:58 PM
YAY!
I got my big Y test results back today, and have sent the file to MikeW for his and others analysis!! (sorry for the new thread but I could not find the old thread that this stuff was posted in for love or money)
I took a quick look at it but there is so much info, I got lost quickly and have no clue what it means

We still have one Vance (my NPE family from the mid 1700's in Ireland) big Y test outstanding, and when it is done, the experts should be able to 'triangulate' the 3 and squeeze out some extra info

Mike Walsh advised the Vances to pick mine for testing, I think because I am some sort of outlier from them, our super close matching not withstanding, and that increases the chances for good info to get churned out.
It was a break for me as I could not afford getting the test right now, but the Vances did some fund raising and helped with the majority of the cost

Potentially more excitingly is the fact that 'our' Vance/Whalen group 2 group is evidently a very early branch/break off from the L513 SNP and several of the experts have hopes our results will help fill in some good info on this key marker itself

Anyway, my inner geek is very pleased and waiting like a kid on Christmas morning!
Crunch them numbers boys (and girls)

Mike
Congrats Mike! A good day all around for us in our searches. Hopefully you are not on pins and needles too long awaiting the analysis!

MJost
10-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Happy to see you getting BigY data. This info will now really layout your NPE connections. I hope it still isn't a bad thing as it was once when you first uncovered it.

MJost

MikeWhalen
10-30-2014, 08:31 PM
naw Mark, hard to remember that far back, but it was probably more frustration at getting new questions posed with the NPE instead of answering old ones-I think I always had the understanding that the facts are the facts and I will go where they lead me

The 'Vance' twist has been pretty fun all in all...there are several active Vances involved in the game and that makes it more fun too!

none of us 'Irish' Vance/Whalens can get very far back in Ireland, paper and pen wise, although I suspect they will be my best hope simply cause there are so many more of them tested to some degree
-although I live in continual hope that one of 'my' damn Whalen cousins will get tested some day and at least fill out and confirm/deny a few of the old stories or theories floating around about our more recent roots (in Canada)

and there is a posiblility that our big Y research will actually help sort out parts of the larger L513 story, and that is a blast as well

Mike

ps-your fluxis plot was a big help to me and I still thank you for bothering to do it for me!