PDA

View Full Version : post your geno 2.0 neanderthal and denisovan results.

giovanni carli
11-14-2014, 10:52 AM
me: 1,8% neanderthal and 2,4 denisovan%

Mehrdad
11-14-2014, 03:35 PM
me: 1,8% neanderthal and 2,4 denisovan%

I would have assumed there's more Neanderthal in Europeans and Denisovan's in Asians.

btw - anyone has the Neanderthal/Denisovan results for Mal'ta boy?

seferhabahir
11-14-2014, 05:33 PM
1.6% Neanderthal and 1.2% Denisovan (me)

1.3% Neanderthal and 1.3% Denisovan (a cousin)

2.7% Neanderthal and 3.0% Denisovan (another cousin)

0.9% Neanderthal and 0.0% Denisovan (yet another cousin)

3.1% Neanderthal and 4.9% Denisovan (yet another cousin's wife, who is British/German, mtDNA T2b4)

Why so much variability? Any real meaning here or just bad quality control?

What are the typical ranges?

dp
11-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Readers of this thread may be interested in http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?3094-Neanderthal-Denisovan-Haplogroups
and this block of posts in another thread: http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?3026-MDLP-ancient-roots-!-!/page22
-dp

Lazaridis 2014:
Table S6.1. Estimates of Neanderthal ancestry for ancient samples
Estimate Std. Err. from a Block Jackknife
AG2 1.7% 0.5%
MA1 1.6% 0.3%
LaBrana 2.2% 0.3%
Loschbour 2.1% 0.3%
Motala1 2.2% 0.5%
Motala2 1.8% 0.6%
Motala3 1.9% 0.4%
Motala4 1.2% 0.7%
Motala6 2.1% 1.1%
Motala9 0.8% 1.8%
Motala12 1.9% 0.3%
Motala_merge 2.0% 0.3%
Skoglund_hunter 3.8% 1.0%
Skoglund_farmer 3.8% 1.8%
Stuttgart 1.8% 0.3%

dp
11-14-2014, 05:46 PM
1.6% Neanderthal and 1.2% Denisovan (me)

1.3% Neanderthal and 1.3% Denisovan (a cousin)

2.7% Neanderthal and 3.0% Denisovan (another cousin)

0.9% Neanderthal and 0.0% Denisovan (yet another cousin)

3.1% Neanderthal and 4.9% Denisovan (yet another cousin's wife, who is British/German, mtDNA T2b4)

Why so much variability? Any real meaning here or just bad quality control?

What are the typical ranges?

For average Neanderthal admixture per country please see: http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?3026-MDLP-ancient-roots-!-!&p=49880&viewfull=1#post49880
dp :-)

redifflal
11-14-2014, 06:46 PM
2.4% Neanderthal
3.6% Denisovan

BuffGeniusGuy
11-15-2014, 01:20 AM
0.6% Neanderthal and 1.0% Denisovan

Dr_McNinja
11-15-2014, 02:43 AM
2.2% Neanderthal, 3.8% Denisovan

Calamus
11-15-2014, 09:26 AM
2,2% Neanderthal, 4,1% Denisovan

CelticGerman
11-15-2014, 10:19 AM
GENO
Me: 1.7% Neanderthal, 1.2% Denisovan

23andMe
Me (North German): 2.5% Neanderthal
My wife (French): 2.6% Neanderthal
Our four children 2.9%, 3.0%, 2.7%, 3.2% Neanderthal. Maybe the higher Neanderthal percentages of our children indicate partly different Neanderthal segments in Germany and France (?)

Goldschlager
11-15-2014, 12:29 PM
1.5 % and 0%. NO idea what the significance is.

PaulaM.
11-24-2014, 02:05 AM
2.6 % Neanderthal
4.4 % Denisovan

Caspian
12-05-2014, 10:19 PM
1.2% Neanderthal
0% Denisovan

I'm a true human. :)

http://makeameme.org/media/created/proud-face.jpg

r_r_abril
12-05-2014, 10:27 PM
2,2% Neanderthal
4,2% Denisovan

Wulf Warrior
12-05-2014, 10:58 PM
1.4% Neanderthal
1.3% Deinsovan

Biloo
12-06-2014, 02:03 AM
2.6% Neanderthal
1.9% Denisovan

Salkin
12-13-2014, 01:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ui5HZlc.png

A wee bit surprising. I thought it was mostly Melanesians and some SE Asians who had significant Denisovan.

23andMe says 3.0% Neanderthal.

rms2
12-13-2014, 03:04 PM
I don't have Geno 2.0 results, but my dad does. Here is his Neanderthal/Denisovan thingy:

dp
12-15-2014, 04:01 PM
23andme for my aunt:
"This lab estimates your genome-wide percentage of Neanderthal ancestry
Got Neanderthal DNA?
An estimated 2.6% of your DNA is from Neanderthals."

[I don't know if they test for Denisovan separately or it's included in the 2.6% -dp]

JohnOBrien
12-29-2014, 11:30 PM
2.6% Neanderthal
3.1% Denisovan

randwulf
01-26-2015, 03:48 AM
2.7% Neanderthal and 2.2% Denisovan

chelseamalmo
03-07-2015, 09:07 PM
My Results: Neanderthal- 2.6% Denisovan 3.1%

wombatofthenorth
03-29-2015, 10:45 PM
My mom's Geno 2.0:
2.1% Neanderthal, 3.0% Denisovan
(current avgs they list as 2.1% and 2.1%)

(curious side info, perhaps relating to other ancient signals???:
(Latvian heritage; thought to perhaps be considerably deep on grandfather's lines back (although the family trees is barely known at all on this side, not past his parents, but there was always talk for some reason of deep and long pure Latvian roots on his side); Latvian going back to nearly the late 1600s on one side of my grandmother's although the last name on that side doesn't sound pure Latvian but just and "s" added to surname almost surely leading back to Swedish, German or Dutch roots; probably quickly back to Germany on the other side of my grandmother; other than for the one trace way back the rest isn't really known past my great grandparents))

k1a4a1 haplotype mitochondrial DNA

The bizarre:
Very bizarre is that the autosomal Geno 2.0 test gave my mom 2% Oceania (the rest of the percentages match closest to their Dutch population sample (which might perhaps be similar to what one from Latvia would be too?) Dutch is: 53% Northern European/30%Mediterranean/16%Southwest Asian; hers is: 51% Northern European/29%Mediterranean/17%Southwest Asian/2%Oceanian)!

Not sure if the 2% component is supposed to imply some pretty wild tale where about 6 generations back a sailor on one of the early European explorations to say Tahiti (I could be wrong, but I believe that New Guineans had less favorable thoughts to outsiders at first and thus less likely early mixing???? whereas supposedly Tahitians were quite open??? so I mention Tahiti instead of New Guinea or other islands) married a pure Tahitian and then they both returned, or at the least, one of their children returned to Europe??

That sounds both pretty darn cool and also a bit hard to believe since in this case it would have had to have happened so early on and with a very quick return back to Europe. It might be a bit easier to believe if it could have occurred more recently (but that would seem to conflict with likely family history or % Oceanian).

I mean I believe something like that did happen a very, very few times early on, but only a very, very, very few times, basically to the vanishing point.

Napolean did invade the Baltic area and such I believe and I also believe some of his mean stayed behind and some of his soldiers might have been on South Pacific expeditions. The Dutch did hit up the New Guinea area very early on and one last name on the family tree could be Dutch (or German or Swedish). The English hit up Tahiti early on.

I don't know the whole thing sounds both really cool and maybe far-fetched.

Anyway that is all I could come up with at first, as wild as it sounded, a few days ago when I heard the results.

But I guess there is another other option:
Perhaps the Geno 2.0 signals they test for Oceania might not actually have ended up all being strictly what they thought. Perhaps not all signals they look for are ones that came up only after their isolation, but instead a few markers they use for Oceania might actually be markers for some very ancient component that got mixed away and lost for the most part but well retained in Oceania and, for one odd reason or another, also got also retained in certain Baltic/Finnish/(and other?) sub-populations where there was some very long and extremely insular line going way back?

Does anyone have any up to date thoughts? Is the latter theory considered likely now or something along it's lines?

Also I spotted on one of those ancient human tests using one of the public domain testing admix tools where they also also tested tons of others from many countries that it seemed like people of heritage from a decent number of countries actually registered a bit of Oceania using whatever components they used to signify Oceania. Other than for Malaysians and near Malaysians (and Oceanians themselves) it seemed like most of the components were likely super small maybe .5% and less, although it was hard to tell since no hard #s just pixel graphs, some looked like they could be 1%, not sure any looked like 1.5-2%, but it was really hard to tell, maybe?

I also have found one person of Swedish/Finnish heritage who also got a mysterious 2% Oceanian component.

Too bad we can't get results from grandparents, if the results popped up to 4-6% for one then I'd think that would imply the explorer theory! If it stayed 2% at most then I guess it would hint more at something along the latter explanations offered?)

Cynicalltheway
07-09-2015, 06:01 AM
2.9% Neanderthal and 4.5% Denisovan.

dp
07-09-2015, 04:22 PM
2.9% Neanderthal and 4.5% Denisovan.
Isn't your Denisovan component large. Do you have any Far-Eastern admixture?
dp :-)

Cynicalltheway
07-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Yes, it is a bit high for someone who has (as far as I know) ancestry from NW sub-continent. I only know about the last 100 years or so, and no such evidence of far-eastern admixture.

Some (unconfirmed) talk about migration from Central Asia, but not sure if it is that high as a result of that. Even though I do get a match with a Kazakh and Tajik on my Y-STR on FTDNA. Even going by this theory, doubt any of that original autosomal is still intact for a highish value. My guess is, it was picked up from somewhere within North/Northwest South Asia. All this is based on assuming geno is reporting Denisovan % correctly.

Dr_McNinja
07-10-2015, 03:18 AM
I had 3.8% Denisovan and I'm Punjabi. Oceanian-type (which I'm assuming is linked to what Geno 2.0 is registering as 'Denisovan') admixture is raised in Himalayan/pahari areas. Are you from Kashmir/Jammu, or northwest Punjab? You could have some ancestry from there. Lots of my family trace ancestry to Hoshiarpur for example, which is on the northeastern border of Punjab, and our autosomal results come out looking more similar to Punjabi Brahmins (who have mixed more with Brahmins from further north).

This spreadsheet kind of shows what I mean:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuXBmvmgdkfVdFMtRHVlZDBuQ3lMcjhxMDE4V3JoY lE#gid=62

Whatever Geno 2.0 is registering as 'Denisovan' should show up here as Oceanian probably (because it's based on Papuans).

In Geno 2.0's autosomal breakdown it would appear as Southeast Asian where I had a few % higher than other Punjabi Jatts:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuXBmvmgdkfVdFMtRHVlZDBuQ3lMcjhxMDE4V3JoY lE#gid=11

I don't know why but Geno 2.0's Oceanian category is worthless. I am HRP0349 in those sheets, btw.

In FTDNA Family Finder my father's 3% Northeast Asian + 41% South Asian translated into 38% South Asian and 5% Southeast Asian for me, presumably due to the same ambiguous Oceanian-type admixture mucking things up.

Cynicalltheway
07-10-2015, 04:10 AM
I agree. It makes sense about the oceanian type causing the elevated Denisovan. I am showing 3% on Geno 2.0 and 5% southeast Asian on family finder. The benefit with family finder was of the extra SNP raw data Compared to 23andme v4. Though the autosomal populations for Geno 2.0 and family finder are useless when it comes to correctly identifying the complex admixed south Asian populations.

My grand parents (maternal and paternal not related) moved from ferozpur and Amritsar to Lahore at partition time. All elders, including my parents, who would know, are unfortunately long gone, and it's been an uphill task to come up with a definite answer of any migration prior to that, though it seems pretty plausible looking at the autosomal data- specially my ANE k7 results. Genetic reverse engineering is what I am banking on now.

Btw, I am PJL in your ANE k7 sheet. I believe my autosomal has already been discussed in one of your threads. Was amusing reading through it, though I have a few concerns how my family's private kits, including two kits of minors were accessed without my consent. Perhaps an admin can help me in cleaning that up for privacy's sake.

Cynicalltheway
07-10-2015, 04:32 AM
In terms of finding the origin of my oceanian component, My closest match on gedmatch is kit# F25100. Autosomally seems like he is from Kashmir.

Dr_McNinja
07-10-2015, 06:05 AM
I don't think it's possible to access private kits on Gedmatch. Yours was found by other users whose 'One To Many' results you showed up on. It could be that your other kits weren't private initially and also showed up on results? You were dubbed 'PJL' because of your results being similar to individuals from the actual PJL dataset by HGDP. It's possible these all represent a local group with northern links (you have high East Eurasian/Oceanian as I do, for instance, it could be I have partial ancestry from the same group). I'm not sure why I have you labeled as 'Mughal' though, do you have a Mughal surname/origin? I do have a bunch of Mughal surnames (or people claiming descent from North Indian Mughal/Muslims) on my 23andMe DNA Relatives list.

If you don't mind me asking, are you Shi'ite or do you have any Shi'a ancestors? In another thread I came upon the results of some Afghan Qizilbash users and compared to other Afghans in their area, they had higher Mediterranean affinity but also raised Southeast/East Asian. Then I remembered seeing the same thing in many Pakistani Shi'a, who often had low Gedrosian/Baloch, but higher Caucasian/West Asian (depending on the calculator) and also higher East Asian/Southeast Asian/South Indian (and they often knew about foreign ancestry beforehand). Your Harappa results are interesting contrasted with a distant cousin of mine from my parents' village (Gedmatch M563648).

If you donate to Gedmatch (not sure if it's available without it), a 'Lazarus' tool is made available which you can use to sort of reconstruct ancestor genomes from descendants. You can also use phasing to try and get missing parents' admixture based on the other parent and a child.

And that kit you posted is interesting. In their top results is, it appears, an administrator of YFull (Vadim Urasin... or someone with the same name) and Zack Ajmal, the administrator of the now dead Harappa project.

MonkeyDLuffy
07-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Can you post your scores on Harrapa calculator cynicalltheway? :)

Cynicalltheway
07-10-2015, 09:37 PM
[email protected] I might have changed the kits temporarily to “research” for comparison purposes, but doubt I made them public. Anyhow, that information was not intended to go public and will work things out with the admins. Did not intend to sound rude, but online privacy is important to me, hope you will understand.
I did see the PJL data, they do seem extreme outliers for general Punjabi population. Having lived there for 20 odd years of my adult life, I have a bit of understanding of the diversity there. will be off topic, perhaps more on that later.

To get a better understanding of my autosomal, I had requested Zack to do chromo-painting, but apparently, he was either too busy or had lost interest by the time I asked him. Perhaps that is what is needed to get better understanding of the oceanian and east eurasian. I Zack's official run, I did score 3% siberian.

I am not Mughal or Shia. I have mixed parents, one being from Bhattis, and the other from the Arabic surname Punjabis. Though the latter’s family has been living in Punjab for as long as I can tell, suspect they may have recent admixture from Punjab’s periphery, i.e. Rajasthan/Haryana/East Punjab, which would explain the slightly high ASE.

In my 23andme DNA relatives, most of my matches are Muslims, like Arains, Awans and Sheikhs, including a few muslims from UP. Punjabi Mehta, Khatri and a sole Popalzai.
That is why I really don’t think relying on autosomal data, within the context of urban Punjabi muslims, where endogamy/clan exogamy is not exercised as much as the rural areas, is going to be an easy task to pin down populations.
Based on this, I am more interested in the Y-STR genetic distance comparisons. Much better approach if one wants to get beyond the last few generations. The problem is, there are only 3 people other than myself with my Y-DNA. Even ysearch gives me no results. I get one match, surname "Issar" with my Y-DNA12 STRs on ftdna.

Thank you for mentioning Lazarus etc. I do have access to tier 1 utilities. Just need to find relevant family samples.

If anyone here wants to take a shot at my Y-STRs, let me know.

Cynicalltheway
07-10-2015, 10:05 PM
MonkeyDLuffy, Don't want to make this thread more off-topic than it is. Will send it to you in PM.

Sapporo
07-10-2015, 10:22 PM
I am not Mughal or Shia. I have mixed parents, one being from Bhattis, and the other from the Arabic surname Punjabis. Though the latter’s family has been living in Punjab for as long as I can tell, suspect they may have recent admixture from Punjab’s periphery, i.e. Rajasthan/Haryana/East Punjab, which would explain the slightly high ASE.

East Punjabis (i.e. Indian Punjabis) are not any higher ASE shifted than their West Punjabi/Pahari counterparts. At least from the samples we have so far. Neither are the Haryanvi or Rajasthani Jatt samples we've seen. I think there is something else at play, which is the case for some Pahari samples we've seen.

See Dr McNinja's spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuXBmvmgdkfVdFMtRHVlZDBuQ3lMcjhxMDE4V3JoY lE&usp=drive_web#gid=22

Cynicalltheway
07-10-2015, 10:33 PM
[email protected] agree. Jatts, even Rajasthani ones, if I remember correctly, have less ASE than the Punjabi ones. However, there is a cline for other groups. As for pahari sample, noticed Rajput Minhas had somewhat similar ANE K7 to me, though our Harappa results were different.
I am also becoming skeptical of the oceanian and Denisovan correlation the more I think about it. Suspect it's overlapped ASE that Geno 2.0 has separated out of SW Asia component. Not all people with high oceanian score high Denisovan.

BTW, great to see you after so long :)

Sapporo
07-10-2015, 10:58 PM
[email protected] agree. Jatts, even Rajasthani ones, if I remember correctly, have less ASE than the Punjabi ones. However, there is a cline for other groups. As for pahari sample, noticed Rajput Minhas had somewhat similar ANE K7 to me, though our Harappa results were different.
I am also becoming skeptical of the oceanian and Denisovan correlation the more I think about it. Suspect it's overlapped ASE that Geno 2.0 has separated out of SW Asia component. Not all people with high oceanian score high Denisovan.

BTW, great to see you after so long :)

Less South Indian, yes, but not necessarily less ASE/ASI. There are 3 Haryanvi Jatts on there and other than 1, the other two score similar ASE to the Punjabi Jatts. The 1 scoring less, compensates by scoring higher East Eurasian.

Also, Harappa South Indian and ASE on ANE K7 or West Eurasia K8 will differ as the South Indian component is volatile. Someone might score slightly higher South Indian on HAP but actually be slightly less ASI than someone scoring 1-2% less South Indian than them. Perfect example are the HGDP Pakistani Pashtuns on Zack's old onge runs.

Great to see you here as well. Btw, why is your sex listed as female?

Cynicalltheway
07-10-2015, 11:30 PM
I guess volatile is a good word for it. To add to it, There was a reduction of 5% SI component in my official runs using my v4 data compared to Geno 2.0. He had to do numbers twice because of my two kits. Generally, one doesn't expect that much deviation.

Anyhow, I am not tech savvy enough to change the concern you raised. Not sure how it got set to female in the first place. Hard to find a female these days with a Y chromosome though.

Dr_McNinja
07-11-2015, 03:55 AM
I did see the PJL data, they do seem extreme outliers for general Punjabi population.I'm not so sure, Punjab is one of the most diverse regions in the subcontinent. We're seeing a lot of homogeneity in certain very specific groups (Punjabi Jatt Sikhs, or Haryana Hindu Jats, or Punjabi Muslim Arain from a specific area etc) but as soon as you even depart from one of those a little, like my family, results start to vary drastically. And these groups are still only a portion of the overall Punjabi population. There are tons of Punjabis of "Pathan" or Gujarati roots in the overseas Muslim Punjabi communities I've interacted with in North America. It's only when you go back to our individual villages where you begin to see some more homogeneity. And the only reason I even know those folks are of different roots is because they're recent enough to remember or they've retained their original surnames. People with generic Arabic/Muslim surnames could potentially have come from anywhere. Most family's memory rarely extends beyond 2 or 3 generations.

suspect they may have recent admixture from Punjab’s periphery, i.e. Rajasthan/Haryana/East Punjab, which would explain the slightly high ASE.

In my 23andme DNA relatives, most of my matches are Muslims, like Arains, Awans and Sheikhs, including a few muslims from UP. Punjabi Mehta, Khatri and a sole Popalzai.Probably the UP Muslims. That'd be enough to explain most of the variance. Do they have any pattern in their surnames? I noticed Mughal surnames among my matches (Mirza, Baig, etc).

That is why I really don’t think relying on autosomal data, within the context of urban Punjabi muslims, where endogamy/clan exogamy is not exercised as much as the rural areas, is going to be an easy task to pin down populations. Yeah at best it can give you a rough estimate of "I have 25% ancestry from west Punjab, possibly 50% from north india, and 25% from Kashmir/Jammu/HP" as one combination among a number of such possible combinations, but because it's changed drastically with every generation autosomal admixture tests can't tell you specifics. The Lazarus/Phasing features of Gedmatch are worth a shot if you can get your parents/grandparents DNA.

Based on this, I am more interested in the Y-STR genetic distance comparisons. Much better approach if one wants to get beyond the last few generations. The problem is, there are only 3 people other than myself with my Y-DNA. Even ysearch gives me no results. I get one match, surname "Issar" with my Y-DNA12 STRs on ftdna.
If anyone here wants to take a shot at my Y-STRs, let me know.
Check out YFull's tree:

http://www.yfull.com/tree/R-M479/

Getting a next generation sequencing test like Big Y or Full Genomes is really the best option. I got one from FGC and it revealed that my line split from other South Asian J2b2 over 5000 years ago. My STRs are markedly different even from the next closest branch. Because of R2's long history in India, I think you may get the best results from that option.

It will also involve waiting for others to eventually get tested and join the tree, but if you get placed on a unique branch, it costs $1 to add a SNP to YSEQ and then other R2 users would only need to spend $17 (or $34, forgot if they raised prices again) per SNP. You could also request YSEQ add those SNPs from the tree now and start testing those individually if you don't want to go for the full cost of a ngs Y chromosome test.

Dr_McNinja
07-11-2015, 03:57 AM
I guess volatile is a good word for it. To add to it, There was a reduction of 5% SI component in my official runs using my v4 data compared to Geno 2.0. He had to do numbers twice because of my two kits. Generally, one doesn't expect that much deviation.

Anyhow, I am not tech savvy enough to change the concern you raised. Not sure how it got set to female in the first place. Hard to find a female these days with a Y chromosome though.

I had the same thing with Geno 2.0. My S-Indian and European were markedly higher. The number of SNPs is too little for it to be of any use.

Dr_McNinja
07-11-2015, 04:02 AM
Also your S-Indian is definitely getting boosted by your high Oceanian admixture. Your ASE is 18.72 which should roughly correspond to twice that in S-Indian (~37%), a pattern that is observed in most individuals except outliers like ourselves, but it's several percent higher. Likewise I have 16.9% (16.7% in K8) and my S-Indian is 37% instead of 33-34%. In Zack's run I'm at 35% and in my own runs using Harappa zombies in admixture I was getting 35% though, I think the 37% in DIYHarappa on Gedmatch and in R is just the calculator effect of not being an authentic admixture run.

It's something archaic because you have high East African relative to your ENF, also like me. That kind of archaic admixture (East African and Oceanian/East-Eurasian from K7/K8) is high in Harappa S-Indian so it boosts it, even when your ASE is low. But we know these other components also peak in the far north, unlike ASE which is generally a linear gradient spread to the southeast.

My cousin in the spreadsheets had low K7 East Eurasian, higher ENF, and slightly higher ASE (also 18% range) and his results are well different from yours and mine. 36% S-Indian, 38% Baloch. The other cousin I found in Gedmatch (mentioned earlier) had 35% S-Indian, 39% Baloch. The slightest shift screws with the S-Indian component. My family is very inbred so this person can't be that much different from me in admixture, we overlap a lot in shared cM on Gedmatch. Paradoxically he has high Oceanian in other calculators, but not K7.

We won't know what this is until ancient DNA from the Himalayas/Hindu Kush is sequenced I think.

Cynicalltheway
07-13-2015, 12:05 AM
I'm not so sure, Punjab is one of the most diverse regions in the subcontinent. We're seeing a lot of homogeneity in certain very specific groups (Punjabi Jatt Sikhs, or Haryana Hindu Jats, or Punjabi Muslim Arain from a specific area etc) but as soon as you even depart from one of those a little, like my family, results start to vary drastically.

I agree about your comment on Punjab’s diversity and the challenge of encompassing the whole range of population hasn’t been tested yet, but I was predominantly referring to the samples with ~55% SI, as this apparently seems hint towards a certain minority tribal group.
I communicated with one of my 23&me DNA relative, who only knew their parents moved from India and settled in Hyderabad, Sindh; Other than that they did know about ethnic origins and stuff. Perhaps individuals who are born in the West really don’t know or have little interest. Even I can only go back 3 generations, though, I’ve only seen two.

People with generic Arabic/Muslim surnames could potentially have come from anywhere. Most family's memory rarely extends beyond 2 or 3 generations.

Yes, that’s a tricky question to answer. Here are my 2 cents. Originally, the ones with these names were actual Arabs from Sindh, that moved north to Multan and onwards, but the major population came from Central Asia, as these groups were already muslims and had acquired Arabic names, as a result of marriage into arabs or as a result of elevating their social status. When these persio/monglo/Turkic/Pashtun groups arrived in the sub-continent they identified themselves separately from indigenous muslims . Some, in my opinion, were upper castes and land owning coverts. Others examples we see in UP/Bihar of low caste converts, but generally their Arabic surnames were dedicated and easily identifiable from self-identified Syeds/Hashemites. Slightly different naming rules applied from locations to location. As far as I can see, Punjab/Kashmir, predominantly followed the same conversion and naming surname rules.

Probably the UP Muslims. That'd be enough to explain most of the variance. Do they have any pattern in their surnames? I noticed Mughal surnames among my matches (Mirza, Baig, etc).

I really can’t say with certainty and I don’t see a specific pattern in surames, most don’t even use surnames. Mughals marrying Rajputs may have been a political necessity in the past, but now it could just be a random probability scenario than anything else.
I spent some time with Gedmatch on one to many matches and this is what I see.

Individual Total cM Largest cM Gen Population
1 27.8 9.9 4.6 Kashmiri Pandit
2 15.4 9.4 5.6 Pashtun
3 6.5 6.5 7.6 Kashmiri Pandit
4 6.5 6.5 7.6 UP Muslim
5 8.6 8.6 6.8 UP Muslim
6 6.1 6.1 7.6 Karnataka Brahmin

All individuals are muslims, expect #5, who has a Nepali Brahmin Surname. Do these matches hint at a pattern. To me, seems like I have Muslim relatives and most likely from the Kashmir/UP area. Alternatively, the Kashmiri/UP ones were related, so either of the two could be related to me, with one Pashtun exception.

Because of R2's long history in India, I think you may get the best results from that option.

R2 has a history in Sub-continent, perhaps even origin North Pakistan/Central Asia. But the Indian R2 sub-clades are predominantly M124 and L295. Though there have been some report of R-M479 found in north Pakistan, I have seen some papers mention it in Pashtuns and central Asia. Predominantly my haplogroup looks more like a Bactrian one. Having said that, my closest match on FTDNA is a Kashmiri, with our common ancestor going back ~1000 years. Unclear if that individual’s family is indigenous to Kashmir or are part of the Muslim migrants that settled in Kashmir and later moved to Punjab. More samples with the same haplogroup will probably help in determining the frequency.

I got one from FGC and it revealed that my line split from other South Asian J2b2 over 5000 years ago

Thank you for highlighting this. A couple of other people have recommended this, but the problem without adequate matches will still not resolve my concerns. Though one will get a lot more information as you rightly said.

everest59
07-13-2015, 01:05 AM
Looks like the 1000genomes dataset that I just acquired has > 150 PJL samples. I will post them to the link below as I run them through the Harappa calculator:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yroLfxb7NvkZ63tMJcRm-4yNH8PcXtzhJWm1Hpfr5-8/edit?usp=sharing

For some reason, Haak chose more of the high ASI types.

Also will be breaking down both Telegu and Bangladeshi samples. This will take some time though.

Sapporo
07-13-2015, 02:35 AM
Looks like the 1000genomes dataset that I just acquired has > 150 PJL samples. I will post them to the link below as I run them through the Harappa calculator:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yroLfxb7NvkZ63tMJcRm-4yNH8PcXtzhJWm1Hpfr5-8/edit?usp=sharing

Also will be breaking down both Telegu and Bangladeshi samples. This will take some time though.

Thank you! Look forward to seeing them. Some of the samples are already seemingly similar to the Pakistani Punjabi Muslims Jatts (HG02494/HG02495) and Pakistani Punjabi Arain samples (HG02597). Some even show some similarity to Dr_McNinja and his family.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l87nGSIYTP-h7m-VKjB-BZcuEoWdz765nU4f_krOdd4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Dr_McNinja
07-13-2015, 03:36 AM
Thank you! Look forward to seeing them. Some of the samples are already seemingly similar to the Pakistani Punjabi Muslims Jatts (HG02494/HG02495) and Pakistani Punjabi Arain samples (HG02597). Some even show some similarity to Dr_McNinja and his family.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l87nGSIYTP-h7m-VKjB-BZcuEoWdz765nU4f_krOdd4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Yeah, HG02492. Although they had NE-Asian instead of Siberian and random 1.58% West African, but otherwise very similar. HG02490 is kind of similar to my relatives. HG01593 has 4+% Med which is interesting (along with 45% Baloch).

paulgill
07-13-2015, 09:17 AM
Yeah, HG02492. Although they had NE-Asian instead of Siberian and random 1.58% West African, but otherwise very similar. HG02490 is kind of similar to my relatives. HG01593 has 4+% Med which is interesting (along with 45% Baloch).

Error...........

parasar
07-13-2015, 02:31 PM

Yes, that’s a tricky question to answer. Here are my 2 cents. Originally, the ones with these names were actual Arabs from Sindh, that moved north to Multan and onwards, but the major population came from Central Asia, as these groups were already muslims and had acquired Arabic names, as a result of marriage into arabs or as a result of elevating their social status. When these persio/monglo/Turkic/Pashtun groups arrived in the sub-continent they identified themselves separately from indigenous muslims . Some, in my opinion, were upper castes and land owning coverts. Others examples we see in UP/Bihar of low caste converts, but generally their Arabic surnames were dedicated and easily identifiable from self-identified Syeds/Hashemites. Slightly different naming rules applied from locations to location. As far as I can see, Punjab/Kashmir, predominantly followed the same conversion and naming surname rules.

I have my doubts on any major influx in the Turko-Mongol period from central Asia. Any influx had to have been in the pre-historic period (Sintashta, Andronovo?) when the population composition of central Asia was different. In the Turko-Mongol period central Asia was quite east Asiatic and we are not seeing much beyond a trace of east Asiatic influence (eg. EDAR, Y-C3, R1b-M73) in the NW of the subcontinent.

There is far more east Asiatic influence seen in the north eastern parts of the subcontinent, some pre-historic, some very recent.

Varun R
07-13-2015, 02:43 PM
The 55% SI PJL was not seen as an outlier?

parasar
07-13-2015, 03:37 PM
The 55% SI PJL was not seen as an outlier?

There are a number of samples in the ~50+-5% range.

I'll post all those PJL samples right here, along with their ID's.

HG02687
55.45% S-Indian
31.86% Baloch
1.16% Caucasian
6.12% NE-Euro
2.66% SE-Asian
0.43% Siberian
0.03% NE-Asian
0.90% Papuan
0.02% American
0.04% Beringian
0.00% Mediterranean
1.18% SW-Asian
0.00% San
0.15% E-African
0.00% Pygmy
0.00% W-African

The individual above is very South Indian for a Punjabi. Weird.

HG02491 ( I still don't think he is similar to the Punjabi samples we are accustomed to here)
39.74% S-Indian
38.68% Baloch
7.75% Caucasian
7.39% NE-Euro
0.06% SE-Asian
0.00% Siberian
1.09% NE-Asian
1.19% Papuan
0.00% American
2.44% Beringian
1.42% Mediterranean
0.24% SW-Asian

HG02783
55.03% S-Indian
30.82% Baloch
2.73% Caucasian
5.22% NE-Euro
3.58% SE-Asian
0.57% Siberian
0.36% NE-Asian
0.48% Papuan
0.03% American
0.00% Beringian
1.17% Mediterranean
0.00% SW-Asian
0.00% San
0.00% E-African
0.00% Pygmy
0.00% W-African

HG02688

53.65% S-Indian
28.78% Baloch
6.50% Caucasian
4.48% NE-Euro
1.28% SE-Asian
0.86% Siberian
2.57% NE-Asian
0.04% Papuan
0.00% American
0.14% Beringian
1.70% Mediterranean
0.00% SW-Asian
0.00% San
0.00% E-African
0.00% Pygmy
0.00% W-African

HG02724:
55.90% S-Indian
30.18% Baloch
0.90% Caucasian
4.99% NE-Euro
3.75% SE-Asian
1.59% Siberian
0.01% NE-Asian
0.00% Papuan
0.00% American
0.04% Beringian
0.10% Mediterranean
2.53% SW-Asian
0.00% San
0.00% E-African
0.00% Pygmy
0.00% W-African

HG02790
54.33% S-Indian
30.58% Baloch
0.38% Caucasian
4.60% NE-Euro
3.36% SE-Asian
0.00% Siberian
0.00% NE-Asian
1.68% Papuan
2.29% American
0.00% Beringian
2.72% Mediterranean
0.03% SW-Asian
0.00% San
0.00% E-African
0.00% Pygmy
0.00% W-African

HG02601
47.38% S-Indian
33.05% Baloch
5.67% Caucasian
5.17% NE-Euro
0.77% SE-Asian
0.10% Siberian
0.04% NE-Asian
1.89% Papuan
0.72% American
0.52% Beringian
4.33% Mediterranean
0.12% SW-Asian
0.24% San
0.00% E-African
0.00% Pygmy
0.00% W-African

HG02600
46.44% S-Indian
35.44% Baloch
5.13% Caucasian
5.36% NE-Euro
0.70% SE-Asian
1.57% Siberian
1.08% NE-Asian
1.21% Papuan
0.92% American
0.04% Beringian
2.00% Mediterranean
0.13% SW-Asian
0.00% San
0.00% E-African
0.00% Pygmy
0.00% W-African

evon
07-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Which is the best way to calculate Neanderthal and Denisovian % using FTDNA or 23andme files these days?

Cynicalltheway
07-13-2015, 06:36 PM
[email protected] is one of the most diverse regions in the subcontinent

The following paper compares Pakistani Punjabi's Y-STR haplotype diversity. Cannot say with certainty about the accuracy, but at least something to work with as a starter.

http://i58.tinypic.com/205bog0.jpg

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1872497313002512#

The results demonstrate that Punjabi population of Pakistan formed a close cluster with the Sarswat Brahmin population of Indian Punjab (p =0.2266 and Rst = 0.003). Apart from this, all the other populations, including the Balmiki population which was reported from the Indian Punjab as well as Sarswat Brahmin population of Kashmir, showed significant difference from the Punjabi population of this study.

BalkanKiwi
07-16-2015, 08:52 AM
I get no Oceanian or Southeast Asian in my autosomal results however the Denisovan might be an alternative result for my minor Maori/Oceanian ancestry.

http://i.imgur.com/2Cwwi8s.png

tamilgangster
07-17-2015, 06:43 AM
One thing im noticing highest denisovan levels are among NE europeans and among NW south asian highest in pathan samples. These populations are all high in EHG/ANE and denisova cave was in siberia implying there was a denisovan population in that region. Its likely that the ANE/EHG populations had mixed heavily with denisovans.

tamilgangster
07-17-2015, 06:47 AM

Are these sample all pakistani Punjabis

tamilgangster
07-17-2015, 06:53 AM
There are a number of samples in the ~50+-5% range.

THese sample could easily be dalits, or nomadic groups, these results are fairly typical for chamars. THis is not surprising due to the fact that lower castes and tribals would have been easier to convert. Dalits account for 30% of indian punjabs population and 22% of rajasthans population.

Asimakidis
12-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Geno 2.0

Me: 2,4 Neanderthal. 0,1 Denisovan (2,6 Neanderthal on 23andme)
Maternal uncle: 3,6 Neanderthal. 3,9 Denisovan.

Hartmann
05-28-2016, 09:39 PM
I am Danish, with 88 % Scandinavian ancestry according to ftDNA.
According to the Genographic Project 2.0, I am:

1.6 % Neanderthal.
2.0 % Denisovan.

Beside the 88 % Scandinavian origins, I am 10 % Southern European (which is Iberian according to 23andMe), and the rest is Irish and European Jewish.

According to my paper research, I am almost all Danish. A couple of Norwegian family branches not too far back in time. A few German branches some generations back, and couple of probably Jewish branches some generations back - and finally a noble branch that leads to a Spanish noble line from the 1600-1700-years.

vettor
07-22-2016, 09:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ui5HZlc.png

A wee bit surprising. I thought it was mostly Melanesians and some SE Asians who had significant Denisovan.

23andMe says 3.0% Neanderthal.

I plot close to yourself

1.5% Neanderthal
3.3% Denisovan

I wonder if there is any worthwhile data in this if we start plotting members?

Bonacci
12-06-2016, 01:25 PM
How much Denisovan would Melanesians get if full Europeans can score 4%?

kingjohn
01-23-2017, 01:20 PM
i wanted to know the real % of neaderthal ancestery
so i asked an expert from university of lipezig
and he answered

dear dr. Kay Prüfer,
> first i want to say kudos for all your work
> continue your great work :)
> now i read this paper :

> http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v505/n7481/full/nature12886.html
>
> i have a question and i will really appreciate if you could answer me:
> 1} are all non-Africans carry 1.5% neanderthal admixture?{ if i understand the
> paper the neanderthal admixture is closer to the Caucasus neanderthal}
> even populations like Lebanese, Jordanian, Syrian ?
> and if they do carry much lower % what is the real % of there neanderthal
> ancestry ?
>
>
> with kind regards
> adam

his answere about lebanon ,syria , jordan area and there neaderthal % from the paper 1.5%-2.1% that they figure out for non africans

Dear Adam,

In general all out of African populations look very much alike. East
Asians have notably a bit more Neandertal ancestry. The populations in the
region you ask for are at the lower end of the distribution, but very
close to other estimates for Europeans.

Cheers,
Kay.

evon
01-23-2017, 02:11 PM

1.6 % Neanderthal.
2.0 % Denisovan.

Beside the 88 % Scandinavian origins, I am 10 % Southern European (which is Iberian according to 23andMe), and the rest is Irish and European Jewish.

According to my paper research, I am almost all Danish. A couple of Norwegian family branches not too far back in time. A few German branches some generations back, and couple of probably Jewish branches some generations back - and finally a noble branch that leads to a Spanish noble line from the 1600-1700-years.

I am Norwegian and have the same 10% Southern European via FTDNA, I wonder are you on Gedmatch.com? Would be interesting to see if we get the same southern European DNA signature using Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15. I always assumed the Southern European % was a very old DNA signature, related to neolithic peoples that moved north along the Atlantic.. I have no known Iberian connections in my family tree, but there could be something on my fathers side as that part of my family tree has a lot of holes..

My EUtest V2 K15:
1 North_Sea 39.55
2 Atlantic 27.43
3 Baltic 12.32
4 Eastern_Euro 10.27
5 West_Med 8.39
6 Southeast_Asian 1.23
7 West_Asian 0.34
8 Oceanian 0.29
9 Sub-Saharan 0.15
10 South_Asian 0.03

1 North_Dutch 4.22
2 Norwegian 4.77
3 West_Norwegian 4.78
4 Danish 4.88
5 West_Scottish 5.09
6 Orcadian 5.29
7 Irish 5.6
8 Southeast_English 6.05
9 Swedish 6.34
10 Southwest_English 6.52
11 North_German 7.76
12 North_Swedish 9.39
13 West_German 10.24
14 South_Dutch 10.51
15 East_German 14.33
16 French 14.65
17 Southwest_Finnish 15.26
18 Finnish 18.3
19 Hungarian 19.01
20 Austrian 19.32

Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

# Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
1 88% West_Norwegian + 12% French_Basque @ 2.42
2 86.8% West_Norwegian + 13.2% Southwest_French @ 3
3 61.2% West_Norwegian + 38.8% Southwest_English @ 3.09
4 88% West_Norwegian + 12% Spanish_Aragon @ 3.17
5 59.1% West_Norwegian + 40.9% Southeast_English @ 3.19
6 87.2% West_Norwegian + 12.8% Spanish_Cantabria @ 3.22
7 56.6% West_Norwegian + 43.4% Irish @ 3.26
8 52.8% West_Norwegian + 47.2% West_Scottish @ 3.3
9 53% Norwegian + 47% West_Scottish @ 3.34
10 90% Norwegian + 10% French_Basque @ 3.37
11 88.5% West_Norwegian + 11.5% Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha @ 3.39
12 88.5% West_Norwegian + 11.5% Spanish_Valencia @ 3.39
13 57.2% Norwegian + 42.8% Irish @ 3.45
14 62.8% Norwegian + 37.2% Southwest_English @ 3.48
15 60.4% Norwegian + 39.6% Southeast_English @ 3.51
16 87.1% West_Norwegian + 12.9% Spanish_Cataluna @ 3.54
17 87.7% West_Norwegian + 12.3% Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon @ 3.54
18 89.7% West_Norwegian + 10.3% Spanish_Andalucia @ 3.54
19 55.2% Norwegian + 44.8% Orcadian @ 3.56
20 59.1% North_Dutch + 40.9% West_Norwegian @ 3.64

wombatofthenorth
01-23-2017, 11:44 PM
i wanted to know the real % of neaderthal ancestery
so i asked an expert from university of lipezig
and he answered

dear dr. Kay Prüfer,
> first i want to say kudos for all your work
> continue your great work :)
> now i read this paper :

> http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v505/n7481/full/nature12886.html
>
> i have a question and i will really appreciate if you could answer me:
> 1} are all non-Africans carry 1.5% neanderthal admixture?{ if i understand the
> paper the neanderthal admixture is closer to the Caucasus neanderthal}
> even populations like Lebanese, Jordanian, Syrian ?
> and if they do carry much lower % what is the real % of there neanderthal
> ancestry ?
>
>
> with kind regards
> adam

his answere about lebanon ,syria , jordan area and there neaderthal % from the paper 1.5%-2.1% that they figure out for non africans

Dear Adam,

In general all out of African populations look very much alike. East
Asians have notably a bit more Neandertal ancestry. The populations in the
region you ask for are at the lower end of the distribution, but very
close to other estimates for Europeans.

Cheers,
Kay.

This does seem to be what Geno 2.0 NG is showing for Neanderthal. Most Europeans getting like 1.0-1.3, some Asians getting more and Africans getting much less and those in the Middle East and North Africa getting maybe 0.7-1.0. Haven't seen a ton of results though.

wombatofthenorth
01-23-2017, 11:46 PM

1.6 % Neanderthal.
2.0 % Denisovan.

Interesting, those were pretty low scores for the Geno 2.0 test (Geno 2.0 NG is different thought).

kingjohn
03-05-2017, 06:45 PM
This does seem to be what Geno 2.0 NG is showing for Neanderthal. Most Europeans getting like 1.0-1.3, some Asians getting more and Africans getting much less and those in the Middle East and North Africa getting maybe 0.7-1.0. Haven't seen a ton of results though.

do you know how many neaderthal candidate markers they used ?
and you say they have update i don't see anything about it ?
regards
Adam

wombatofthenorth
03-06-2017, 07:55 AM
do you know how many neaderthal candidate markers they used ?
and you say they have update i don't see anything about it ?
regards
Adam

I don't know.
And I'm pretty sure the Geno 2.0 NG page mentions the updated Neanderthal compared to Geno 2.0.

kingjohn
05-30-2017, 05:57 PM
i ask geno2 team about the 0% neaderthal
they told me that it was a mistake in the lab
in my case
they will keep me updated with the real neaderthal %
i knew it

kingjohn
06-01-2017, 10:14 PM
now it looks logic
so my ancestors had some fun with this creature
how despered they were .... 16496
so my results are lower than europeans but in line
with levantines since i know 2 lebanese who score 0.9% neaderthal

Solothurn
06-02-2017, 02:26 AM
Neanderthal 2.5%
Denisovan 2.0%

rhiannon
06-03-2017, 06:48 AM
1.5% Neanderthal

Salento
06-05-2017, 03:00 AM
1.4 Neanderthal

wombatofthenorth
06-16-2017, 10:06 PM
1.5% Neanderthal

pretty high amount (for Geno 2.0 NG, although I'm not sure if the new Helix version avg is different than the non-Helix version)

sktibo
06-29-2017, 07:34 AM
Only 1.1% Neanderthal, which is incredibly strange because when 23andme did Neanderthal percentages, I was around 3.3% and for a time had more Neanderthal than any of my matches. I have 303 Neanderthal variants and apparently this is more than 85% of customers according to 23andme
So one of these is wrong...

Amerijoe
06-29-2017, 04:21 PM
Only 1.1% Neanderthal, which is incredibly strange because when 23andme did Neanderthal percentages, I was around 3.3% and for a time had more Neanderthal than any of my matches. I have 303 Neanderthal variants and apparently this is more than 85% of customers according to 23andme

I wouldn't pay to much mind about the results, because if you wait long enough, they will change. 23andMe had me at 3.2% Neanderthal before changing to member comparative percentages which I had started out at 70%, 69% two weeks ago, and now 68%, (290 variants). In enough time it should be fully drain from my DNA. I'll miss my club. I even pitched the handle for a better grip.

Back to serious matters, my original guesstimate at the non helix version of geno was about 3.1%, which has since been demoted to 1.2% Neanderthal with their recent update. Don't feel any different! :)

sktibo
06-29-2017, 04:32 PM
I wouldn't pay to much mind about the results, because if you wait long enough, they will change. 23andMe had me at 3.2% Neanderthal before changing to member comparative percentages which I had started out at 70%, 69% two weeks ago, and now 68%, (290 variants). In enough time it should be fully drain from my DNA. I'll miss my club. I even pitched the handle for a better grip.

Back to serious matters, my original guesstimate at the non helix version of geno was about 3.1%, which has since been demoted to 1.2% Neanderthal with their recent update. Don't feel any different! :)

so we're in the same boat then. 290-303 variants demoted to 1.1-1.2% on Geno. You and I must be similar Neanderthal wise, whatever percentage we really are

Amerijoe
06-29-2017, 05:12 PM
so we're in the same boat then. 290-303 variants demoted to 1.1-1.2% on Geno. You and I must be similar Neanderthal wise, whatever percentage we really are

sktibo, we're all related. The further back in time we go the more related we get and in reverse we are all just separated by time. Even though I may never know my dad, reading and conversing at this site, provides me with connections to who I am. There is no doubt I am an 'Island Boy' which was doubted by many except me, but confirmed time again with the help of members, who may not be aware of all their assistance. To each and everyone of you, I give my profound thanks.:thumb:

vettor
06-29-2017, 05:58 PM

Most likely because 23andme combine Neanderthal and denisovan together ..............like for me

23andme states for me = 3.1 Neanderthal

Natgeno states for me = 1.0 Neanderthal and 2.1 Denisovan ............1.0 + 2.1 = 3.1

sktibo
06-29-2017, 07:16 PM
Most likely because 23andme combine Neanderthal and denisovan together ..............like for me

23andme states for me = 3.1 Neanderthal

Natgeno states for me = 1.0 Neanderthal and 2.1 Denisovan ............1.0 + 2.1 = 3.1

I'm zero denisovian

valanius
06-29-2017, 07:50 PM
1.1 Neanderthal and 0 Denisovan.

Celt_??
06-29-2017, 08:07 PM
Neanderthal – 1.3%

jonathanmcg1990
06-30-2017, 02:37 PM

I don't know how to post the results I am 100% Great Britain and Ireland which I didn't need a DNA test to tell me that. It's telling me what famous people I am related and not explaining themselves.

Amerijoe
07-01-2017, 08:15 PM

sktibo, here are my matches at Gedmatch for Atai, N. Siberia, F999902, largest segment 1.4cM, total segments 17.7 cM. Denisova, Siberia, F99903, largest segment 2.5cM, total segments 13.7cM. Set a low minimum threshold of 50 snps and a minimum segment cM of 1. Used 23andMe for matching. There is some variance in results depending on testing company used.

It may not be a scientific approach, but it should show a proportional comparison between us which may help confirm or refute the your tested results. I would assume in increase in your cM count if 23andMe is correct and a decrease if Natgeno is correct vs. my results.

wombatofthenorth
07-08-2017, 05:54 AM

23 overestimates for sure

sktibo
07-11-2017, 01:28 AM
sktibo, here are my matches at Gedmatch for Atai, N. Siberia, F999902, largest segment 1.4cM, total segments 17.7 cM. Denisova, Siberia, F99903, largest segment 2.5cM, total segments 13.7cM. Set a low minimum threshold of 50 snps and a minimum segment cM of 1. Used 23andMe for matching. There is some variance in results depending on testing company used.

It may not be a scientific approach, but it should show a proportional comparison between us which may help confirm or refute the your tested results. I would assume in increase in your cM count if 23andMe is correct and a decrease if Natgeno is correct vs. my results.

Altai, N. Siberia (F999902) 2.7cM Largest segment, total, 7.8cM.
Denisova, Siberia (F999903) 2.4cM Largest Segment, total, 8.7cM

Overall yours is higher but my Altai has a longer segment match, regardless, this indicates Geno 2.0 would be the winner if I understand your methodology correctly?

Amerijoe
07-11-2017, 03:20 AM
Altai, N. Siberia (F999902) 2.7cM Largest segment, total, 7.8cM.
Denisova, Siberia (F999903) 2.4cM Largest Segment, total, 8.7cM

Overall yours is higher but my Altai has a longer segment match, regardless, this indicates Geno 2.0 would be the winner if I understand your methodology correctly?

Go to Wegenes. My Neanderthal is 3.726%, 'no grunting', my aunt is 3.915%, puts her at the 98.84% level. Since they are all using the Altai reference, Why such a disparity in results? :\ Joe

Paula Marie
01-04-2018, 02:00 AM
I have 2.6 percent Neanderthal and 4.4 percent denisovan. I was disappointed to see that Genographic project thru Helix does not do that Denisovan anymore. Just had my son tested for a gift and with Helix he can not upload his results to family tree dna either.