PDA

View Full Version : Salkin's Chromo2 Results



Salkin
12-20-2014, 03:01 AM
3247

A humble farmer. Not at all as cool as the Viking graphic. :)

"So far it has only been seen in British men, but it is too early to tell whether it is truly confined to the British Isles."

I believe I have their answer.

3248

Not much to say about the mtDNA result. My mtDNA has pretty much been exhausted given my mtFullSequence at FTDNA. Of course it's still interesting I'm in such a rare haplogroup.

I know these nicknames BritainsDNA assigns aren't to be taken literally.

3249

I guess that's pretty much where I expected to plot.

3250

The blue-eye test seems to rely on one SNP (for which I am GG), but the result makes more sense in my case than others including HIrisPlex, given my childhood blue and adulthood greenish-grey.

3251

Red hair carrier is news to me. Promethease found a red hair carrier variant in my mother, but not in me. Interesting to know.

Solothurn
12-20-2014, 03:24 AM
My 23andMe result for eye colour is also GG: In Europeans, 72% chance of blue eyes; 27% chance of green eyes; 1% chance of brown eyes.

Gedmatch expanded on this and gave me:

AG at: rs4778138 - Adds melanin. Adds yellow, amber, or brown. Some darkening. Contributes to brown.
CC at: rs4778241 - Low Melanin. Basis for Gray, Blue, Green, or Yellow Eyes if no other pigmentation is present.
TT at: rs1129038 - Penetrance modifier. Blue.
CC at: rs17762363 - Adds Yellow.
GG at: rs12906280 - Gray ring around outer edge
GT at: rs1470608 - Medium melanin on Anterior Epithelium. Gives dark eyes.
TT at: rs11636232 - Increased density of anterior stroma. Blocks melanin. Blocks blue. Gives lighter colors.
AG at: rs7174027 - Adds Yellow.
CC at: rs11638069 - Adds Yellow.
GG at: rs16891982 - Starburst (Collarette)
TT at: rs1667394 - Starburst (Collarette)
CC at: rs12203592 - No pigmented Collarette.
CC at: rs4779685 - Flecks (Nevi).
TT at: rs35405 - Inhibit weak amber gradient
GT at: rs1448485 - Inhibits weak amber gradient.

Prediction

3252

Actual

3253

Not too far out I suppose, with more SNPs determining our exact eye colour.



3247

A humble farmer. Not at all as cool as the Viking graphic. :)

"So far it has only been seen in British men, but it is too early to tell whether it is truly confined to the British Isles."

I believe I have their answer.

3248

Not much to say about the mtDNA result. My mtDNA has pretty much been exhausted given my mtFullSequence at FTDNA. Of course it's still interesting I'm in such a rare haplogroup.

I know these nicknames BritainsDNA assigns aren't to be taken literally.

3249

I guess that's pretty much where I expected to plot.

3250

The blue-eye test seems to rely on one SNP (for which I am GG), but the result makes more sense in my case than others including HIrisPlex, given my childhood blue and adulthood greenish-grey.

3251

Red hair carrier is news to me. Promethease found a red hair carrier variant in my mother, but not in me. Interesting to know.

rms2
12-20-2014, 03:31 AM
. . .

3251

Red hair carrier is news to me. Promethease found a red hair carrier variant in my mother, but not in me. Interesting to know.

Cool. I am a red hair carrier, too, but my variant is Arg160Tryp, which I understand is common in the Isles, especially Ireland. My dad carries it, too.

I have often wondered which red hair variants prevail in different places. I wonder if yours is the one prevalent in Scandinavia.

rms2
12-20-2014, 04:01 AM
My 23andMe result for eye colour is also GG: In Europeans, 72% chance of blue eyes; 27% chance of green eyes; 1% chance of brown eyes.

Gedmatch expanded on this and gave me:

AG at: rs4778138 - Adds melanin. Adds yellow, amber, or brown. Some darkening. Contributes to brown.
CC at: rs4778241 - Low Melanin. Basis for Gray, Blue, Green, or Yellow Eyes if no other pigmentation is present.
TT at: rs1129038 - Penetrance modifier. Blue.
CC at: rs17762363 - Adds Yellow.
GG at: rs12906280 - Gray ring around outer edge
GT at: rs1470608 - Medium melanin on Anterior Epithelium. Gives dark eyes.
TT at: rs11636232 - Increased density of anterior stroma. Blocks melanin. Blocks blue. Gives lighter colors.
AG at: rs7174027 - Adds Yellow.
CC at: rs11638069 - Adds Yellow.
GG at: rs16891982 - Starburst (Collarette)
TT at: rs1667394 - Starburst (Collarette)
CC at: rs12203592 - No pigmented Collarette.
CC at: rs4779685 - Flecks (Nevi).
TT at: rs35405 - Inhibit weak amber gradient
GT at: rs1448485 - Inhibits weak amber gradient.

Prediction

3252

Actual

3253

Not too far out I suppose, with more SNPs determining our exact eye colour.

Here's what I got from Gedmatch on eye color:

GG at: rs7174027 - Blocks some melanin. Often gives light colored eyes.
CC at: rs4778241 - Low Melanin. Basis for Gray, Blue, Green, or Yellow Eyes if no other pigmentation is present.
CC at: rs9782955 - Blocks some melanin. Often gives light colored eyes.
AA at: rs1105879 - Weak Amber Gradient
TT at: rs1129038 - Penetrance modifier. Blue.
AG at: rs10467971 - Penetrance Modifier - Blue
GT at: rs7713279 - Inhibit weak amber gradient
GG at: rs12906280 - Gray ring around outer edge
CC at: rs3947367 - Penetrance modifier. Blue
CC at: rs4779685 - Flecks (Nevi).
TT at: rs35405 - Inhibit weak amber gradient

And here's the prediction photo (I don't have a photo of my actual eye or eyes, but the prediction photo is pretty close):

3255

Salkin
12-20-2014, 06:04 PM
And here's the prediction photo (I don't have a photo of my actual eye or eyes, but the prediction photo is pretty close):

3255

My prediction is pretty much the same as yours. Actual eye colour now in adulthood: 3257