PDA

View Full Version : Placing ancient Anatolia for AuDna

vettor
01-12-2015, 02:07 AM
I thought I would ask the question - Is ancient Anatolia noted as European or Middle East for AuDna purposes.

I get conflicting percentages in regards to this geographical placing of Anatolia.

Example - with 23andme, Interpretome and BMC , I am noted between 99 to 100% european.
With the old Ftdna system which was replaced by MyOrigins I was 100% European.

The new MyOrigins now state 78% european and 22% anatolian, zero Middle East.

I have been asking other forums and the best answer is - Pre turkic migration into Anatolia circa 600AD , Anatolia was noted as European.

I am still confused on what Anatolia falls into, for AuDna for Ancient times and for modern times

parasar
01-12-2015, 02:13 AM
I thought I would ask the question - Is ancient Anatolia noted as European or Middle East for AuDna purposes.

I get conflicting percentages in regards to this geographical placing of Anatolia.

Example - with 23andme, Interpretome and BMC , I am noted between 99 to 100% european.
With the old Ftdna system which was replaced by MyOrigins I was 100% European.

The new MyOrigins now state 78% european and 22% anatolian, zero Middle East.

I have been asking other forums and the best answer is - Pre turkic migration into Anatolia circa 600AD , Anatolia was noted as European.

I am still confused on what Anatolia falls into, for AuDna for Ancient times and for modern times

I tend to always include W. Anatolia in Europe because most Asiatics - Persians, Aramaics, Indians - designated W. Anatolians as foreigners - Yona or Greeks. Anatolia though has seen a lot of eastern influence in the historical period.