PDA

View Full Version : YSEQ-Price reduction

Táltos
02-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Received this email from YSEQ today.

Dramatic Price Cut!

YSEQ has lowered the price for single SNP tests by 50%!

Every YSNP only $17.50 NOW!

YSEQ has reached a new milestone with 10,000 single Y-SNPs in the catalog.
We thought that this is now the time to change the world of SNP testing and cut prices in half so that you are able to ramp up your number of participants that will be tested for your private SNP!

With more than 10,000 SNPs in the catalog (verified and ready for testing) YSEQ is now
THE BIGGEST PROVIDER OF INDIVIDUAL Y-SNP TESTING IN THE WORLD!

Compare by yourself:

Number of individual SNPs in the catalog (Feb 24, 2015):
YSEQ: 10254
Competitor F.: less than 7200

Time for delivery of results:
YSEQ: "We deliver more than 95% of our results within 5 weeks after the sample arrives back in the laboratory."
Competitor F: "The average time from our receiving your kit at our office until we post your results to your account is: Y-DNA: 6 to 8 weeks" (cited from their FAQ)

By the way, for private SNP testing it doesn't matter how big the database of the testing provider is, because you can easily compare a few hundred individuals in a spreadsheet by yourself when you focus just on your specific haplogroup. Ever tried to google for a SNP name? I always find what I need, so I don't really need another closed database...

Let the Spring Festival of SNPs begin!

https://www.yseq.net

Best regards,

Astrid

Táltos
02-24-2015, 04:35 PM
Well seeing as FTDNA has not returned my brother's SNP result this past weekend, I know were I am ordering next! What is going on with FTDNA anyway? Two other SNPs that I've ordered in the past came in exactly a month. However I was just reading somewhere else that that someone has been waiting on a single SNP since Aug. 2014! Now that is really bad.

Anyway this price is better than the FTDNA 15for15 (SNP wise), which is going to end soon anyway.

Táltos
02-24-2015, 04:44 PM
LOL, I now see this was started just a few minutes before mine! http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?3880-YSEQ-has-lowered-the-price-for-single-SNP-tests-by-50-!

Can one of the moderators delete my first post and merge the second one with the other thread. Thanks.

Kwheaton
04-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Just thought I would post my recent YSEQ experience
New FGC PANEL
Ordered 3/19
Kit received at lab 3/25
First Results 4/8 .....2 weeks from receipt
Next results 4/12 ...2.5 weeks from receipt
4 SNP results pending

Could not be happier. Thanks Thomas and Astrid! :beerchug:

Afshar
04-26-2015, 08:16 AM
I also noticed the difference, its half the price! Which it should be, 39$ is far too much.
I am also considering doing a bunch snps there, but wonder if its possible to add the results to your ftdna account?