PDA

View Full Version : New developments in L448>YP355

ocleirigh
02-28-2015, 04:53 PM
Thanks to a lot of Big Y tests in the last few months there is now much more definition in the structure of the YP355 subclade. A lot of new SNPs have been discovered and some of the lines have SNPs taking them right into the historical era. Here is a tree diagram that shows the new SNPs and subclades (and please note the date estimates shown are very approximate). We hope to keep updating this as new information comes through, and would welcome any comments or thoughts.
The surnames shown relate to the R1a project (https://www.familytreedna.com/public/R1a/default.aspx?section=yresults) where more details can be seen (go to p.5 of the results pages).

IrishNorse
03-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Thanks Ocleirigh,

I am on the YP355 line and the project assumes me to be on the YP1120 line, I intend to take the Y-prime elite test at some point down the road in hopes it will bring about a matching result in the historical record. There are about 20 individuals that I've had contact with over the past three years that don't belong to the R1a project who would likely be on the YP1120 line as well, but who simply don't understand the potential of getting a Big Y or Y-prime test. I'm hoping that I can encourage some folks to join the group, especially since many of them are in the 70+ age group. I like the diagram alot.

merlin3588
03-10-2015, 06:47 PM
IrishNorse - You are certainly encouraged to have your group members join the R1a Project. We started this YP355 research initially based on the STR results and have expanded greatly with the Big Y results. Your group may help fill in some gaps as we have just recently noted more detail in the YP1120 line.

ÁNLEIFR
03-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Thank you very much for this chart!!!

ocleirigh
03-28-2015, 01:17 PM
Thanks all for the interest in this. Here is an updated version of the YP355 tree with additional information learned in the last month. The tree shows the main blocks of newly discovered and named SNPs, but a lot has been discovered too about private SNPs in the YP355 testers. The second image posted here is a SNP discovery tree for YP355 - with thanks to all the YP355 NGS test takers who have shared their results to help build this.

Several private SNPs have already been found to be shared through NGS tests like Big Y, and then named and transferred to the main tree. Most of the discovery so far has been in the YP984 and YP1120 branches, so this discovery tree is offered as a resource to everyone in the YP355*, YP609*, YP1100 and other branches of the big YP618 subclade. New NGS tests are likely to identify some of these private variants as new SNPs for these branches, and this will help us to spot them as they are found, and then add the new branches to the main tree. The variants marked in red are less certain or reliable than the others (due to low number of reads or being in a position on the Y chromosome that is difficult to test).

YP355 tree - 4188

YP355 SNP discovery tree - 4189

YP355 named SNP index - 4190

IrishNorse
03-28-2015, 02:05 PM
Ocleirigh,

I am kit # 309012 under YP355 and assumed under YP1120. I have requested a test thru Yseq for YP1120 & YP1426 since I think I'm closer to Boulton then Henderson.

I have been trying to determine a location for this subclade. Based on other kits that I share on STRs it seems to be NW England or Wales or Devon areas. I suspect that these could be norsegaels since all the kits border the Irish Sea(none are from the west coast of Ireland nor the east coast of England or Scotland.

Do you know if we had a few matches on the YP1426 would that place the time frame in the Viking era 900 to 1000AD?

ocleirigh
03-28-2015, 02:24 PM
Hello IrishNorse
I tried to message you earlier, but seems I have not posted enough times yet ... so thanks for your question. Your tests at YSEQ will be very useful, and if they split the YP1426 etc. block that will be an interesting result. I agree you look near to Boulton and McPherson in our tree so you should share some of their snps. We also are not sure of which level to put YP1427 (YFull think it may belong one level higher with YP1120).

I think you are right about an Irish Sea association with YP355 in the Isles. Many of the Irish YP984 look as if they are also connected with the area from the river Foyle down to Tyrone and Cavan. I would suspect that even YP1426 is older than the Viking raids period, maybe 1500 years as a ballpark guess. YFull are estimating ages of new snps on their tree, but they don't have enough results for this one yet, but I notice they estimate the age of the YP1120 block at at least 1,950 years. It could be that you might share even more of either Boulton or McPherson snps, if your line split from them later.

IrishNorse
03-28-2015, 02:49 PM
OK thanks.

Boulton doesn't see to have very many SNP below YP1426. I am assuming as a general rule of thumb of 150 years/mutation for the SNP. That would only take him up to 1200AD give or take. Are the rest of his results just suspected to be private SNPs or is it just a case of not enough test results to determine that?

Is Boulton suspected to be 15-17 on the STR - DYF395S1?

I don't know if the Big Y tested for this but I'm the only one so far that I know of that tested positive for the SNP -F1529 in the R1a group (test was via NAT. Geo 2.0). I assume that would be further up the tree than L448, but if that is the case then I would think that Boulton or Henderson would test positive for that as well.

ocleirigh
03-28-2015, 03:30 PM
There is a third YP1426 we know of who has not joined our group, at least yet, also with 12 snps downstream of YP1426. So average across the three, 12/12/6 = av. 10 good quality variants downstream from YP1426, and say allow 140 years per snp on the Big Y stretch of the Y chr > 1400 years (or between 1300-1550 years bp). It might be interesting to hear from the R1a project team on their latest thinking about snp mutation rates, since YFull published their paper on it, and whether this is still a fair assumption.

F1529 (9383960 T>C) is tested in Big Y, and none of the R1a testers who have joined the group at YFull is positive for this. It is likely to be a private call for yourself, assuming it was a good call on Geno 2.0. It appears in haplogroup N - see http://tinyurl.com/qdeolh3 - but that doesn't mean it is not a good call for you. I don't know whether Boulton has the 15-17 value, but if he will analyse his BAM file at YFull this will show in the STR analysis (and might also discover some more private SNPs, since 6 is lower than the others in that subclade).

Michał
03-28-2015, 07:56 PM
It might be interesting to hear from the R1a project team on their latest thinking about snp mutation rates, since YFull published their paper on it, and whether this is still a fair assumption.

If using the YFull mutation rate, we would need to assume that the ages of all subclades in question are a bit younger than previously calculated (by about 15%), though I am not fully convinced that the mutation rate is indeed about 0.82 x 10^-9, and not slightly lower, for example within the 0.8-0.7 range, which is still within their margin of error. The huge advantage of the estimates provided by the YFull team is that they know the exact regions covered by the test, and thus their calculations should be very precise in this respect.

Agamemnon
03-29-2015, 02:28 PM
According to YFull, L448's TMRCA is around 3200 yBP... Any thoughts about this? Is it even accurate? As far as I can tell, YFull's calculations seem to be reliable, at least judging from other haplogroups (such as E-M34 and J1).

Michał
03-29-2015, 05:25 PM
According to YFull, L448's TMRCA is around 3200 yBP... Any thoughts about this? Is it even accurate? As far as I can tell, YFull's calculations seem to be reliable, at least judging from other haplogroups (such as E-M34 and J1).
All STR-based estimates for L448 I've seen so far suggested that clade L448 expanded about 2500-3000 years ago (or more specifically about 2600-2800 years ago), and my preliminary BigY-based calculations were rather consistent with those earlier estimates, so it seems that this new TMRCA for L448 (as calculated by YFull) is an overestimate, although it should be noted that their margin of error is very large in this particular case (2300-4300 years). Let's wait and check whether this will change after they refine their estimates (as they have already done for some other subclades).

IrishNorse
05-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Well I received my results today from Y SEQ and I am positive for YP1120 & YPp1426. I've advised the R1a team thru Michal.

ocleirigh
05-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Good to hear this. So it clearly places you with the two other YP1426 guys. Did you test any other markers and get negatives, or just those two?

IrishNorse
05-15-2015, 09:01 PM
Well it places me with kit 249077 but it may not with 338188, I'll have to wait for the admins to lot at it.

ocleirigh
05-15-2015, 10:06 PM
They're both YP1426, and there is at least one more not in the R1a project.

ADW_1981
05-16-2015, 03:35 AM

I suspect L448 is the surviving derivative of R1a Corded Ware in Scandinavia. Where as a group like L664 could be from Anglo Saxons or even Celtic people.

IrishNorse
05-16-2015, 11:12 AM
Sorry what I meant was that there may be 3 subclades under YP1426 - McPherson, Boulton, & henderson; rather then lumped into one.

Michał
05-16-2015, 12:09 PM
Sorry what I meant was that there may be 3 subclades under YP1426 - McPherson, Boulton, & henderson; rather then lumped into one.
Henderson seems to be negative for YP1426, so he rather represents another (yet unknown) subclade under YP1120.

As for the potential phylogenetic structure under YP1426, it seems that there are at least two separate sublineages within this subclade, with the major one likely including the BigY-tested Boulton and the entire STR-defined cluster that is currently named YP1120-A1 (or even a significant portion of its slightly broader "parental" cluster YP1120-A) that will probably be soon renamed to YP1426-A. The other "known" sublineage of YP1426 (let's call it, provisionally, YP1426-B ) includes at least the BigY-tested McPherson, and maybe those members of YP1120-A* who show DYS391=10 and DYS576>17 (as opposed to DYS391=11 and DYS576<17, a combination that is characteristic for the above-mentioned hypothetical sublineage YP1426-A).

ocleirigh
05-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Michal thank you for the update. I take it these are STR-based subclades, which looks very reasonable - though I notice all the YP1426 Big Y results have independent SNP chains coming off from YP1426. The known [11, <17] kits don't seem to share any SNPs below YP1426 - unless the new Tolchard Big Y shares any SNPs with the Boulton one, which looks possible as their 37-STRs are fairly close.

Michał
05-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Michal thank you for the update. I take it these are STR-based subclades, which looks very reasonable - though I notice all the YP1426 Big Y results have independent SNP chains coming off from YP1426. The known [11, <17] kits don't seem to share any SNPs below YP1426 - unless the new Tolchard Big Y shares any SNPs with the Boulton one, which looks possible as their 37-STRs are fairly close.
You are right that Tolchard and Boulton don’t share any novel variants under YP1426 (at least when the novel variants reported by FTDNA are considered), so the above STR-based prediction has not been confirmed by Big Y, although there is still a chance that such “uniting SNP mutation” will be found when their BAM files are analyzed, for example at YFull. On the other hand, if Tolchard is indeed negative for YP1461, an SNP shared by Boulton and McPherson (though not reported for McPherson at FTDNA), this will definitely make my provisional STR-based classification useless .

Michał
05-16-2015, 04:33 PM
I have just checked that the fourth BigY-tested member of YP1426 (#351870 from the Swedish project) is positive for YP1461, which makes this SNP much more likely to be equivalent to YP1426. Importantly, since #351870 shows both DYS391=11 and DYS576=16, while lacking the characteristic DYS510=18 result in the 68-111 panel (similarly to Henderson who is negative for both YP1426 and YP461 and was analyzed at YFull for many extra STRs), this clearly suggests that any predictions based solely on DYS391=11 and DYS756=16 are not very reliable when assigning these STR haplotypes to any potential subclade under YP1426. In other words, each of the four BigY-tested members of clade YP1426 seems to represent an independent subclade, and it will be very difficult to predict such SNP-defined subclade based on STRs only.

IrishNorse
05-16-2015, 05:31 PM
Well that is interesting.

However I assume that means that you will need several other Big-Y testers to determine any subclades under YP1426 -correct?

ocleirigh
05-16-2015, 06:01 PM
I think it would be helpful. Although these are not cheap tests, they seem to be high value in the information they are delivering. It's the second time in YP355 that a series of Big Y tests have shown a series of separate subclades coming off a higher SNP block as we have had 3 tests for Cummings-Bennett branching separately off a block of 6 SNPs equal to YP983. We thought either the block might be split or two or three of these testers would share some SNPs, as they have some signature STR markers in common. But with 8 BY tests already under the YP984 block we are starting to see more structure in the branch, and we aim to keep sourcing more tests. But we need to find a way to build in STRs too, at least hypothetically until we get the SNP results that can prove or disprove the STR branches.

This might be a good time to post the latest version of the draft tree for YP355, taking account of the Big Y tests that have come in since March - about 5 new results, and bringing with them more definition in the YP983 and YP1120 branches. This is using Michal's suggested STR branching in YP1426 as it looks a good hypothesis, though I guess the position of the Swedish project member may be more in question.

ocleirigh
05-16-2015, 06:22 PM
One more thing on the subject of YP1426 and its equivalent level SNPs, there was a question over which level YP1427 should be placed in, with YP1426-YP1461, or a level higher with YP1120. It was found in 3 YP1426 tests but was a no call in the Henderson test. The Henderson tester has now tested positive for YP1427 too at YSEQ, so this is at the equivalent level to YP1120 (and YFull were right to place it there).

Michał
05-16-2015, 07:26 PM
though I guess the position of the Swedish project member may be more in question.

Agreed (especially when taking into account the DYS510 results). It seems perfectly possible that DYS576=16(<17) has been a relatively early innovation, so the MRCA of all YP146 members could have shown both DYS391=11 and DYS576=16. In such case, McPherson would represent a sublineage with a "back mutation" at DYS576 and an innovation at DYS391.

Apart from Henderson (currently YP1120-B ) and the McArthur lineage (currently YP1120-C), the paragroup YP1120(xYP1426) may also include some short (hence less secure) haplotypes from category YP1120-A* (like #67824 and #331973).

Thank you for your excellent draft tree for YP355!

IrishNorse
05-16-2015, 08:43 PM
Well let me ask you both a uninformed question. And given that one of you is an administration in the FTDNA I understand if you would want to refrain from comment.

The Big Y doesn't seem in this case to be able to provide much in the way of his DNA tree development (I understand that there isn't any claim that it can). However the 12 or so individuals that I know whom I'm trying to get tested would balk at testing for something that may only move the ball up to perhaps the 400AD to 700AD period. It's nice to know, but not useful for genealogy. It appears to me that perhaps the Big Y can come thru with groups who have clan/surname connections/commonality( Tucker, Orr, Cummings etc.), but for a group like YP1426 which doesn't share any apparent geography or surname in common, I don't see much promise in the test.

I basically want to be able to move my time line up to 1400 AD, when written records of the common individual exist in the UK. I would guess that would be the objective of most of the testers. I'm unsure if the current technology will be able to provide it.

Given that the Y-Elite 2.0 is $750 would that extra 20% or so coverage be a better investment long term than a Big Y?

Michał
05-17-2015, 02:41 PM
The Big Y doesn't seem in this case to be able to provide much in the way of his DNA tree development (I understand that there isn't any claim that it can). However the 12 or so individuals that I know whom I'm trying to get tested would balk at testing for something that may only move the ball up to perhaps the 400AD to 700AD period. It's nice to know, but not useful for genealogy. It appears to me that perhaps the Big Y can come thru with groups who have clan/surname connections/commonality( Tucker, Orr, Cummings etc.), but for a group like YP1426 which doesn't share any apparent geography or surname in common, I don't see much promise in the test.

I basically want to be able to move my time line up to 1400 AD, when written records of the common individual exist in the UK. I would guess that would be the objective of most of the testers. I'm unsure if the current technology will be able to provide it.
I can assure you that the current technology (which includes both NGS-based products that are currently available for commercial testing) is already able to easily distinguish between lineages separated about 400-700 AD (or 1300-1600 years ago) and those separated as recently as 1400 AD (ie. 600 years ago), or even much later (let's say only 200-400 years ago). We can securely assume that each "private" SNP revealed by your future Big Y test will correspond to about 100-150 years, which means that once you get your average number of about 10 SNPs downstream of YP1426, these mutations will include both some relatively early SNPs (ie. those arisen either before or just after the Norse Viking migration started) and some relatively recent SNPs (ie. those arisen within the last couple of centuries only). In other words, it is not the technology that is the major limiting factor in this case (although you are right that the total Y chromosomal coverage of a given test is indeed correlated with its potential "resolution" level), but rather the absence of sufficiently closely related and, importantly, NGS-tested lineages available for analysis. Thus, only by testing yourself (either with Big Y or Y Elite) and encouraging potential distant relatives to test themselves, you will get a chance to find any lineage sharing a common paternal ancestor within the last 600 years.

Importantly, even if you consider it very unlikely that you share a relatively (or "sufficiently") recent common paternal ancestor with any current member of our R1a project, this doesn't make your NGS test not useful. This is because once you are finally tested with NGS (and your results are placed in an appropriate database, for example at FTDNA and/or at YFull), you can then patiently wait until any new close match appears either among the FTDNA and FGC customers or among some future research samples tested as a part of a scientific project.

Anyway, I consider ordering individual SNPs one by one to be an extremely cost-ineffective approach when compared with any NGS-based test, and this seems to be true for all haplogroups/clades, but especially for those moderately young clades that are composed of mutiple subclades of about the same age (which seems to be the case for YP1426 and its multiple descending sublineages), as in such case the STR results are much less useful when trying to select some crucial SNPs that are worth testing.

Given that the Y-Elite 2.0 is $750 would that extra 20% or so coverage be a better investment long term than a Big Y?
It is hard to answer this question without knowing some details about the exact parameters of Y Elite 2.0. Let's wait until the first Y Elite 2.0 results are analyzed at YFull and compared with both Y Elite 1.0 and Big Y.

Personally, I consider the higher "resolution" of Y Elite to be a very important factor (hence I've ordered Y Elite for myself), but we should also remember about some important advantages of Big Y, and this includes both the much lower price (especially when using the discount coupons) and the ability to use the BigY Matches function (which allows to identify matches who are not members of any FTDNA project), even though this function does not work perfectly yet and certainly needs to be improved.

IrishNorse
05-17-2015, 08:15 PM
In other words, it is not the technology that is the major limiting factor in this case..., but rather the absence of sufficiently closely related and, importantly, NGS-tested lineages available for analysis.

Thank you Michal, that's what I needed to hear.

michaelcooley
08-25-2015, 05:49 AM
This would not be news to some of you, but a new subclade for YP609 was discovered in May: YP4248. So far, it involves only the surnames Cooley and Hackett, whose EKA is suspected to be around 1250 CE. My Big Y has just come in and is also positive for YP4248. This has resulted in a new subclade block consisting of three or four SNPs terminating about 1740 and yet to be named.

I hope I'm not getting ahead of things here, but I've created single SNP tests for both YP609 and YP4248 at yseq, each at $17.50. The SNPs for the YP4248 level are listed on the yfull tree.

I'm not a technical guru but would like to do what I can to find additional testers for YP4248. It seems feasible it was founded in the Britain Isles.

-Michael Cooley, co-admin, Cooley DNA Project.

ocleirigh
08-26-2015, 08:18 PM
Following Michael's above post, this is a good time to post updated trees for the YP355 subclade. There has been a busy summer of activity and there are now 30 Big Y tests for YP355+ individuals, and some real structure is starting to emerge in both the YP618+ and YP609+(YP618-) major branches. There are several new sub-branches identified by test results this summer, many of which lead to possible MRCAs in the 1700s. Some of these have been researched by testers who share the same surnames, but a couple of the new branches have emerged unexpectedly through the Big Y test results.

First here is the latest drop tree diagram showing the named and shared SNPs in the subclade:

Here is the fuller SNP Discovery Tree, showing all Big Y tested branches (plus a couple of others) in full, including all private SNPs. Blank columns indicate a tester who has not yet agreed to take part, and in this case private SNPs and identifiers are not shown. Following it is the SNP Index listing all the named SNPs with good or fair calls in the discovery tree.
There is some colour coding of the SNP names in this latest version: maroon indicates a good SNP call, and red one that is questionable but still looks as if it is consistent within the branch. Green SNPs are good/fair calls but not in the combBED area used by YFull for dating branches. Blue ones are good calls which have been confirmed by Sanger testing, eg at YSEQ or FTDNA.

New test results of YP355+ persons are coming in at the rate of 2-3 per month, and more testers will flesh out this picture. If anyone placed in the R1a project under YP355 or L448* is thinking of taking this test, it would help to increase the definition in the tree even further, so this is a good time to consider the Big Y if you are in these groups. There are other YP609- branches with so far little definition, and probably new sibling subclades to YP609 and YP1120 to discover.

IrishNorse
08-27-2015, 02:35 AM
Wow that's is an explosion in the chart.

Interesting that the expansion is so marked around the 1250 AD, post Norman invasion and after the end of the Viking invasion but prior to the black death. It would be exciting to be able to link history with the various expansions in SNPs.

IrishNorse
09-27-2015, 03:34 PM
I noticed a new match on the Full Y Tree from Sweden for YP1426 . Is this the first Scandinavian match for this SNP? I was thinking perhaps that YP1426 was a marker in the UK only, but perhaps its not? ID: YF04100SWE [SE-E]new

ocleirigh
09-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Yes, one of the YP1426 Big Y testers is Swedish, one is English and one is Scottish so far - plus yourself. They're all on my trees posted above. And I have more news about YP1426 (next post).
This means YP1426 is likely to have originated in Scandinavia and spread to the Isles later.

ocleirigh
09-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Here is some further news about YP1426 and YP1461, which make a block under YP355>YP1120. It appears that we can split this block as we have the first tester who is YP1426+ and YP1461-. This is kit 188683 who was YP1426+ in his Big Y but no call for YP1461. Checking in his BAM file shows that he has 14C, so is negative for YP1461 (mutation C>T).

This redraws the tree of this branch, and in an interesting way as all the members who had the STR DYS576 lower than 17 were thought to be grouped closely, with the McPherson kit 338188 (DYS576=18) further away – there was a discussion about this STR earlier in this thread. But the McPherson descendant is also YP1461+ so this find also splits the DYS576<17 STR group. This questions whether this STR (on its own) can predict branch membership.

YP1461 is now the terminal SNP for the three testers who have it to date, and is a little younger than YP1426. There is another variant 22443041 A>T in this block associated with YP1461, which falls in the DYZ19 repetitive zone of the Y and is therefore deemed unreliable or difficult to test. 188683 is also negative for this one, so it seems to be tracking YP1461 quite reliably so far.

YP1461 is now available to test individually at YSEQ for anyone who might have this as their terminal SNP.

These diagrams show the old and new structure of YP1120 with this change.

IrishNorse
10-14-2015, 05:53 PM
I received my test results back from Y SEQ and I am negative for SNP -YP1461 ChrY 16592334 16592334 C-

So now Tolchard and myself are split from YP1426.

ocleirigh
10-14-2015, 06:26 PM
This is a very interesting result, and confirms that YP1461 is a subclade of YP1426. It also redraws the group in an unexpected way - as posted above. So now the results for you and Tolchard (DYS576<17) are split from Boulton and 351870 (also DYS576<17) by McPherson (DYS576=18), so it does not look as if this is STR is a good predictor for a group.
Here is the redrawn tree for YP1120 taking account of the latest test in this group:

ocleirigh
10-17-2015, 10:58 PM
For anyone who has been tracking the updates on YP355 here, we now have a new blog page and web site for YP355 where the update trees will be uploaded. They'll be updated every time a new test comes in, and there is also a map project embedded there to show where the earliest known ancestors of the YP355 testers lived in early modern times. The new site is at
https://yp355.wordpress.com/
Everyone welcome to drop by, follow it if you want to know when new posts are up, and to post up your own posts on YP355 connected research if you like.

SCNorse
10-19-2015, 02:36 AM
Very interesting information.

With R1a Project on FTDNA I am currently assumed to be L448>YP355>YP1120.
I have just ordered up YP1120 to confirm and will keep you posted.

I have also signed up to follow YP355 blog site. :-)

ocleirigh
10-24-2015, 01:09 AM
There have been some developments with the YSEQ Z284 Panel, which has been updated with a lot more YP355 downstream SNPs included. It now looks good value for YP355 predicted testers. See here for more information https://yp355.wordpress.com/

IrishNorse
11-02-2015, 01:56 AM
So SC does it look like you are positive for YP1426?

SCNorse
11-05-2015, 03:54 AM
I probably am, but in the absence of test results.....

Hopefully not too long to wait.

ocleirigh
12-14-2015, 12:07 AM
For those interested in following the growth of the YP355 clade, I have just posted a report on the YP355 blog about a significant new single SNP test result. This redefines the position of the R1a Cochrane lineage in the tree as they had been predicted as YP618, but in fact they are more closely related to the Cooleys (YP609>YP4248 and YP618-). This also confirms certain rare (in L448) signature STR values shared by the Cochranes and Cooleys are a sign of their closer relationship. These are DYS385=11-13, DYS459=9-9, DYS442=13. Interestingly, the Morgan group in R1a-L448 (currently YP609-E) also share the last two of these values, and it looks worth their while to try a YP4248 test too. More details at https://yp355.wordpress.com/2015/12/13/new-snp-test-result-r1a-cochranes-share-yp4248-with-cooley-and-hackett/ and comments are welcome.

SCNorse
12-15-2015, 08:37 PM
Here are my results:

CTS4475 ChrY 15665155 15665155 C-
F516 ChrY 18941356 18941356 G-
FGC12298 ChrY 18941394 18941394 C-
Y12397 ChrY 18941205 18941205 T-
Y12462 ChrY 18941394 18941394 C-
Y17030 ChrY 18941233 18941233 C-
YP1120 ChrY 15665070 15665070 A+
YP1426 ChrY 18941355 18941355 T+
Z33889 ChrY 18941265 18941265 A-
Z82 ChrY 15665191 15665191 G-

IrishNorse
12-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Excellent welcome to the group

ocleirigh
12-15-2015, 11:37 PM
Here are my results:

YP1120 ChrY 15665070 15665070 A+
YP1426 ChrY 18941355 18941355 T+

Congratulations - and now showing on the YP355 tree https://yp355.wordpress.com/yp355-full-branching-tree-with-private-snps/

SCNorse
12-16-2015, 02:06 AM
Excellent welcome to the group

Thanks cousin.

Kelso
07-22-2016, 05:13 AM
Hello Ocleirigh,

Do you know which diagramming software is used to produce your YP355 trees? I have been looking for a template that I can update as new SNP data comes in in our project. The SNP structures are very clear.

Thanks, Tim, Donnachaidh DNA Project

ocleirigh
09-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Hi Kelso
It's all low tech... I do them manually in Powerpoint (the line tree) or Excel (the full tree with private SNPs) and then take PNG snips to post on the blog. It's easy to extend them one by one as new results come in, and as you say this lets me keep control over how the structures are presented. I wouldn't start from scratch to do a whole tree this way though, and I'd be interested too in what tree drawing packages are out there. I have not seen one yet that would let me do what I do with these.

For anyone following the growth of YP355, the first updated version since summer of the line tree is on https://yp355.wordpress.com/yp355-tree-shared-snps/ and the full SNP tree with private SNPs will be updated in a few days once two very new results linked to the YP4874 Orr line have been processed.

Ochkas
02-17-2020, 07:53 PM
Hello.
One of the participants in my project (kit 721843 Ochkas from Ukraine) received the result yDNA-37. With a 82% probability, it belongs to the YP1120 branch. His close match on 37 markers is kit 216379 Shepard (Seputic) from Croatia, which with a 73% probability is also YP1120.
Looks like some Vikings went far south)