PDA

View Full Version : Matching haplotypes still available for YHRD ?

delegz
03-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Before YHRD was re-vamped last year, I was able to enter allele values for particular STR markers that I was interested in, such as 11/13.2 at DYS385a/b, in order to obtain a list of all the full haplotypes in its database that included those specific values for the markers I'd indicated. With the newer version of YHRD, I can't figure out how to do this anymore. Instead, I'm now able to get only the number of haplotypes in the database that happen to have 11/13.2 at DYS385, information with which I can do nothing.

Would appreciate any guidance on how to obtain those full matching haplotypes again. Thanks.

delegz
03-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Before YHRD was re-vamped last year, I was able to enter allele values for particular STR markers that I was interested in, such as 11/13.2 at DYS385a/b, in order to obtain a list of all the full haplotypes in its database that included those specific values for the markers I'd indicated. With the newer version of YHRD, I can't figure out how to do this anymore. Instead, I'm now able to get only the number of haplotypes in the database that happen to have 11/13.2 at DYS385, information with which I can do nothing.

Would appreciate any guidance on how to obtain those full matching haplotypes again. Thanks.

I emailed the YHRD directly about this, and was told in reply by someone there that the former version of the YHRD was meant for reference/quality-measurement purposes, and that the tables of haplotypes no longer existed because YHRD has "focused more on frequencies than giving the proof of them."

After noting that the aim of the YHRD was the assessment of Y-STR evidence in forensic context as well as providing a resource for population genetics, the response expressed bafflement as to how anyone might reasonably benefit by being able to obtain full haplotypes based on particular uncommon alleles at a certain locus.

I replied, despite the news that the tables of haplotypes were now history, by trying to explain why they were so useful to anyone seeking data on very (actually very very) small and scattered sub-clades or potential sub-clades, such as those whose members have DYS385=11/13.2 and are derived for Z142 but ancestral so far for any known SNPs downstream. Haven't heard back so far, but then don't expect to.

vettor
03-11-2015, 05:34 PM
I emailed the YHRD directly about this, and was told in reply by someone there that the former version of the YHRD was meant for reference/quality-measurement purposes, and that the tables of haplotypes no longer existed because YHRD has "focused more on frequencies than giving the proof of them."

After noting that the aim of the YHRD was the assessment of Y-STR evidence in forensic context as well as providing a resource for population genetics, the response expressed bafflement as to how anyone might reasonably benefit by being able to obtain full haplotypes based on particular uncommon alleles at a certain locus.

I replied, despite the news that the tables of haplotypes were now history, by trying to explain why they were so useful to anyone seeking data on very (actually very very) small and scattered sub-clades or potential sub-clades, such as those with DYS385=11/13.2 who are derived for Z142 but ancestral so far for any known SNPs downstream. Haven't heard back so far, but then don't expect to.

it is fully working now, but they have made it more harder for acceptance of samples ( all 5 out of 5 from same person has to pass the test before it is accepted), it is more private ( they once told you the origin of the sample, not anymore )

anyway, I found the site interesting........it uses the latest M.van Oven ydna Tree.

below is the LT-P326 ...........a marker which only the K1 group have, that is , only L and T branches before they split apart

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m153/vicpret/yhrd%20lt-p326_zpsaufpbqaq.jpg (http://s103.photobucket.com/user/vicpret/media/yhrd%20lt-p326_zpsaufpbqaq.jpg.html)

or people that have already split into L or T and where the samples where found