PDA

View Full Version : Directed Segment Comparisons

dp
03-14-2015, 03:58 PM
I am starting a new thread as a spin off of the Segment Matching Thread. During the course of comparing people that I have tested among my own family to those that other users have provided, I have found a segment (41-56Mb) on Chromosome 8 that seems to be very prevalent. As an initial step to investigate this further I asked those participants that had kits to which triangulation seemed to have been found, if I could compare their kits to each other. One request has not been answered so I have blanked out their results.

Chromosome 8 Targeted Matching
41Mb-46 Mb
http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4042&d=1426348743
Colors: dark blue=no match, tan=match but not on Chr 8, yellow=match on Chr 8 but not on target segment.
Type: Boldface=parent-child triangulation; Red color=perhaps an overlapping segment to the target segment.
Whether this is one segment or multiple adjoining/overlapping segments I cannot tell. But if it is one segment (not centromeric or fastIBD), and stands up to triangulation, then it may be possible that this represents ancient common ancestry.
dp :-)
Notes: One may notice that in the segment thread, of the matches that I allowed segments to be considered triangulated, I included the case that both my mother and my uncle matched the kit in question. They are known cousins. Upon looking at the chart one can see that they match on this particular segment.
Triangulation of non-parent child relationships were not indicated on the above chart.
Some results were carried over from the earlier thread, and may be revised.

dp
03-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Chromosome 8 Targeted Matching - revision
41Mb-46 Mb
http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4101&d=1426883066
Colors: dark blue=no match, tan=match but not on Chr 8, yellow=match on Chr 8 but not on target segment.
Type: Boldface=parent-child triangulation; Red color=perhaps an overlapping segment to the target segment.
This segment includes the Chromosome 8 Centromere, at 45.6 Mb. Thus this is NOT a suitable segment for networking.
Thanks to all participants but I will not be updating this further.
dp :-(