PDA

View Full Version : English/Autosomal

Barellalee
03-20-2015, 07:22 PM
I thought this info may be of use or consideration. I'm not totally sure what it means, but I have ideas of the implications. I'd said before I was half English, and on 23andMe, this is rounding out as about 11% British/Irish, 13% French/German, and the rest, Broadly Northern European. My Y-DNA is the Haplogroup I2a3a, which arrived in Britain from the Germanic region in the Dark Ages. I had questioned on here about if the French/German Scores on 23andMe were perhaps signaling Germanic heritage, and the British/Irish Scores, signaling native Britonic ancestry. Anyway, a specific system is being widely discussed on 23andMe, where the individual Autosomal Chromosomes are run through GEDmatch Calculations, combining both archaeological and modern DNA Samples. My Raw Data was run through these Calculations, and to give some examples of the Results, terrifically, the huge French/German (23andMe) Arm on my Chromosome # 1 had a closest Reference to an archaeological Sample, that of Hinxton 2 (Anglo-Saxon). Another huge Arm of Chr. # 1 is Scored as Italian (23andMe), and has a closest Reference of modern Tuscan. I am of 1/4 ancestry from Tuscany, on my other Parental side. On top of this, a lot of my 11% British/Irish (23andMe) Score, is located on my Chromosome # 7. For this, my closest Reference is modern Irish. To me,
I think this is further evidence, at least in my case, that the French/German is revealing "Saxon", whilst the British/Irish is showing "Briton".

Kopfjäger
03-20-2015, 08:30 PM
I thought this info may be of use or consideration. I'm not totally sure what it means, but I have ideas of the implications. I'd said before I was half English, and on 23andMe, this is rounding out as about 11% British/Irish, 13% French/German, and the rest, Broadly Northern European. My Y-DNA is the Haplogroup I2a3a, which arrived in Britain from the Germanic region in the Dark Ages. I had questioned on here about if the French/German Scores on 23andMe were perhaps signaling Germanic heritage, and the British/Irish Scores, signaling native Britonic ancestry. Anyway, a specific system is being widely discussed on 23andMe, where the individual Autosomal Chromosomes are run through GEDmatch Calculations, combining both archaeological and modern DNA Samples. My Raw Data was run through these Calculations, and to give some examples of the Results, terrifically, the huge French/German (23andMe) Arm on my Chromosome # 1 had a closest Reference to an archaeological Sample, that of Hinxton 2 (Anglo-Saxon). Another huge Arm of Chr. # 1 is Scored as Italian (23andMe), and has a closest Reference of modern Tuscan. I am of 1/4 ancestry from Tuscany, on my other Parental side. On top of this, a lot of my 11% British/Irish (23andMe) Score, is located on my Chromosome # 7. For this, my closest Reference is modern Irish. To me,
I think this is further evidence, at least in my case, that the French/German is revealing "Saxon", whilst the British/Irish is showing "Briton".

Hey, Mate. You and I have very similar backgrounds being both (mostly) English and Italian. When I run my 23andMe through GEDmatch and various admixture programs, I usually get a score that matches the French/South Dutch. Of course, this is because I sit half-way between my father (North German/North Dutch/English) and my mother (North Italian/Tuscan). Keep in mind that my mother's paternal lineage is German, while her maternal lineage is Neapolitan/Southern Italian, which explains her pull toward North Italian.

In that respect, it makes sense that you're pulling towards Tuscany, as my mother does, since you are a mix of Northern and Southern European. We have the best both worlds, rosy cheeks and hair like Sylvester Stallone.

ADW_1981
03-20-2015, 08:34 PM
In that respect, it makes sense that you're pulling towards Tuscany, as my mother does, since you are a mix of Northern and Southern European. We have the best both worlds, rosy cheeks and hair like Sylvester Stallone.

Well it does seem you're descended from Rambo....

Kopfjäger
03-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Well it does seem you're descended from Rambo....

LOL, I know, right? My Rambo line actually comes from Gothenburg, Sweden, the surname being a derivative of Ramberget, a mountain in Hisingen, and "-bo", a Swedish suffix for home or area I believe.

My ancestor wasn't as cool as the M16-wielding, Green Beret... but he was a LABORER! :\

idbtao
03-28-2015, 08:10 AM
When I run my 23andMe through GEDmatch and various admixture programs, I usually get a score that matches the French/South Dutch. Of course, this is because I sit half-way between my father (North German/North Dutch/English) and my mother (North Italian/Tuscan). Keep in mind that my mother's paternal lineage is German, while her maternal lineage is Neapolitan/Southern Italian, which explains her pull toward North Italian.????