PDA

View Full Version : Genealogy Section

dp
03-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Could Geographic DNA projects be given space under the Genealogy Section? with perhaps corresponding project admins as local moderators for the respective geographic thread.
Yours,
dp :-)

Scarlet Ibis
04-02-2015, 02:55 AM
Could Geographic DNA projects be given space under the Genealogy Section? with perhaps corresponding project admins as local moderators for the respective geographic thread.
Yours,

Alright forgive my ignorance here, but I googled, and still wasn't sure. :P Which projects are you thinking of?

dp
04-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Alright forgive my ignorance here, but I googled, and still wasn't sure. :P Which projects are you thinking of?

with FamilyFinder and similar autosomal matching programs, people's matches can tend to originate in clusters by geographic areas. say a particular department, province, state, or smaller governmental unit such as county, parish, shire or whatnot. Such forums could allow genealogical discussion based on geography instead of surname.

Scarlet Ibis
04-06-2015, 02:41 AM
with FamilyFinder and similar autosomal matching programs, people's matches can tend to originate in clusters by geographic areas. say a particular department, province, state, or smaller governmental unit such as county, parish, shire or whatnot. Such forums could allow genealogical discussion based on geography instead of surname.

We will look into this, thanks for the suggestion!