PDA

View Full Version : Shark yum yums

MikeWhalen
04-28-2015, 12:03 PM
or, 'just how stupid can we be and still survive.'

apparently, a pro shark documentary crew thought it was a good idea getting into a small inflatable dinghy and then go into heavy white shark territory to manually attach a camera to one of its dorsal fins
...apparently to make the point that humans should not mess with sharks...a bit ironic since that's exactly what they were doing, imho

....in any case, things got pretty hairy for them and they beat a fast retreat when they figured out they were basically just shark treats teasing the monsters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3056316/I-don-t-think-brilliant-f-g-idea-Watch-terrifying-moment-HUGE-great-white-shark-attacks-film-crew-standing-tiny-dingy-boat.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Mike

notice I resisted the temptation to use the line "we are going to need a bigger boat"?
great movie btw

GTC
04-28-2015, 12:34 PM
A Darwin Award beckons. Those people can re-apply, and probably will.

tamilgangster
05-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Imagine people started domesticating sharks and riding them in the sea like horses, forming a seperate naval regiment which could be used to sabotage submarines and aircraft carriers

J Man
05-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Imagine people started domesticating sharks and riding them in the sea like horses, forming a seperate naval regiment which could be used to sabotage submarines and aircraft carriers

Keep dreaming lol.

MikeWhalen
01-18-2019, 08:15 PM
well, this thread was the closest I could find to a .....

SHARK THREAD

anyway :)

I thought this was an interesting article about the monster great white....I love the first pic of the shark with the female diver...very surreal and beautiful, but bat shit crazy!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6602153/Largest-great-white-shark-Deep-Blue-spotted-Hawaii.html

Mike

rms2
01-18-2019, 11:32 PM
Nutzoid.

This is why I prefer Lake Anna not far from my house for swimming: fresh water, no sharks.

Ebizur
01-19-2019, 09:08 AM
Salmon sharks (Lamna ditropis) are delicious. Their flesh is like tender meat in texture, and it does not have any fishy smell or flavor. It is great fried like chicken. :beerchug: They are also homeothermic and eat a lot of salmon and herring.

Yummy!

C J Wyatt III
01-19-2019, 05:41 PM
Nutzoid.

This is why I prefer Lake Anna not far from my house for swimming: fresh water, no sharks.

Be careful. Bull sharks have been known to swim hundreds of miles up freshwater rivers.

MikeWhalen
01-19-2019, 08:59 PM
ha, its true about that freshwater river thing, but let the bastards get all the way up the St. Lawrence Seaway to bite my Lake Superior swimmin ass
:)
if mr bull can manage that, he deserves the shark version of Irish vishiswash (or howeverdafuc you spell that)

Mike

rms2
01-19-2019, 09:21 PM
Be careful. Bull sharks have been known to swim hundreds of miles up freshwater rivers.

We do have these little fish in Lake Anna that like to nibble at your feet. I think they actually like eating the dead skin. They really like crusty old-timers like me. If I fell asleep in the water, they might eventually strip all the flesh off me.

Fortunately, they really are small.

spruithean
01-21-2019, 09:29 PM
well, this thread was the closest I could find to a .....

SHARK THREAD

anyway :)

I thought this was an interesting article about the monster great white....I love the first pic of the shark with the female diver...very surreal and beautiful, but bat shit crazy!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6602153/Largest-great-white-shark-Deep-Blue-spotted-Hawaii.html

Mike

That's insane! That is a gigantic shark.

Eh, the only critters in the water where I prefer to swim that could really do some damage to me are the snapping turtles.