PDA

View Full Version : Raising Big Y Funds for a Q1b Kadom Tatar Descendant

Táltos
05-12-2015, 03:10 AM
I hope no one minds me putting this in here, but I thought it was the appropriate section. Some members of the Haplogroup Q DNA Project are looking to fund a Big Y test for a descendant of the Kadom Tatars. Only one of the Q1b Tatars has done single SNP testing (that I can see from looking at the project's results), to show that he is positive for Q-L68. Unfortunately the project's results can only be viewed by members. An update in the future on the results I'm sure can be given if the funds are successfully raised.

From the Gurianov et al. paper about Q-Y1150/L68 page 96.

https://www.academia.edu/11738905/Clarification_of_Y-DNA_Haplogroup_Q1b_Phylogenetic_Structure_Based_on _Y-Chromosome_Full_Sequencing

...this subclade was found among a number of populations from Central Asia (the Tajiks, Pashtuns, and Haza-ra)as well as among descendants of Tatar princes (mirzas) from Kadom. According to the data we have, a Pashtun from Pakistan and one of Tatar princes’ descendants tested do not belong to subclade Q-Y1144; it means that, according to the findings of SNP testing, they have L68+, Y1178+, and Y1144-. Further clarification of the Q-Y1150 subclade structure requires a more extensive study with regard to newly identified SNPs of the respective representatives, or else we will need new data on their Y-chromosome full sequencing.

To read more on the Q1b Tatars of the Golden Horde see page 11. http://rjgg.molgen.org/index.php/RJGGRE/article/view/136/156

$181 is still needed to fund the test. If anyone is interested in helping it would be great no matter how much. Could be $25, $10, $5, even a $1 would be good if enough people donated. Donations can be made at this link. https://www.familytreedna.com/group-general-fund-contribution.aspx?g=Q-YDNA Kit number:182773 Thanks for your support!

Táltos
05-12-2015, 11:38 AM
Just to give an update. I saw in myGroups of the Q Project that a member generously donated $100 as of this morning! $81 is still needed, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Táltos
05-14-2015, 10:18 PM
Very happy to see that the funds have been raised! There was also an anonymous donor. I'm not sure if they donated because of this thread. If they did a very big thank you to that person!

paulgill
06-22-2015, 01:00 AM
Very happy to see that the funds have been raised! There was also an anonymous donor. I'm not sure if they donated because of this thread. If they did a very big thank you to that person!

There appear to be large number of Jatts of Q1 haplogroup, they generally go by the surname Malik.

Afshar
06-24-2015, 10:07 AM
There appear to be large number of Jatts of Q1 haplogroup, they generally go by the surname Malik.
In the Q project there is also a Malik from India with Q-M25. Interesting, is it likely that there can be a Mughal connection?

paulgill
06-24-2015, 02:32 PM
In the Q project there is also a Malik from India with Q-M25. Interesting, is it likely that there can be a Mughal connection?

Much earlier, not a Mugal connection at all, I think. Mughals have their own community and their numbers are much lower. Title might have come from Mughals etc. but not the Q-M25.

Afshar
06-24-2015, 03:10 PM
Much earlier, not a Mugal connection at all, I think. Mughals have their own community and their numbers are much lower. Title might have come from Mughals etc. but not the Q-M25.
I also have a Chaudry and a Memon match at12 markers from india that are likely q-m25. Hard to find some connection between them.

paulgill
06-24-2015, 04:16 PM
I also have a Chaudry and a Memon match at12 markers from india that are likely q-m25. Hard to find some connection between them.

Yes, but 12 markers don't tell much. I hope some of these people go for Y-Elite, Big Y or WGS, and then we will have a better idea.