PDA

View Full Version : Barnacles 23andme result thread

The Barnacle
05-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Ordered my kit!

surbakhunWeesste
05-23-2015, 03:26 AM
And we wait for the most infamous results.

BalkanKiwi
05-23-2015, 06:30 AM
23andMe are pretty quick with their processing times (I found anyway).

The Barnacle
05-23-2015, 09:22 AM
And we wait for the most infamous results.

Hahaha why infamous lol?

The Barnacle
05-23-2015, 09:22 AM
23andMe are pretty quick with their processing times (I found anyway).

Do they post your y dna and mtdna first or autosomal results?

BalkanKiwi
05-23-2015, 09:36 AM
Do they post your y dna and mtdna first or autosomal results?

From memory Y DNA and mtDNA were both first. The raw data is available before the autosomal results.

The Barnacle
05-30-2015, 08:03 PM
Quick update: my kit arrived in the afternoon. Going to send it back tomorrow hopefully :)

The Barnacle
06-10-2015, 11:24 AM
So I just got notified saying my sample just arrived at the distribution centre in Netherlands. Right, so it took 9 business days for my sample arrive in Netherlands?:\

Kaido
06-10-2015, 01:21 PM
So I just got notified saying my sample just arrived at the distribution centre in Netherlands. Right, so it took 9 business days for my sample arrive in Netherlands?:\

Yeah that seems abit off, I think mine took 3 days to reach the Netherlands, then 3 days after to reach the US.

MonkeyDLuffy
06-10-2015, 02:40 PM
For my result they took almost month because they were failing to extract the DNA. I got the ancestry composition, ydna and mtdna first. Health reports took time.

The Barnacle
06-10-2015, 04:49 PM
Yeah that seems abit off, I think mine took 3 days to reach the Netherlands, then 3 days after to reach the US.

Oh my lord their actually pissing me off now. Why are they taking so damn long!?

MonkeyDLuffy
06-10-2015, 05:16 PM
I was lucky, the kit was in my mail box next day.

Magnetic
06-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Oh my lord their actually pissing me off now. Why are they taking so damn long!?

*they're :D

The Barnacle
06-10-2015, 05:53 PM
I was lucky, the kit was in my mail box next day.

Okay your rubbing it in now lol. It's because I live in the uk, but still Adam got his find really quick. This is kinda annoying .

The Barnacle
06-10-2015, 05:54 PM
*they're :D

*im sorry mr. Kurd :)

The Barnacle
06-13-2015, 11:57 AM
How do I contact 23andme? There's no email address on their website.

BalkanKiwi
06-13-2015, 10:34 PM
https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sapporo
06-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Did you ever get in contact with them? I got my results within 2-3 weeks of mailing my sample but I also live in California. Their headquarters is in Mountain View, CA and I believe their processing lab is in Los Angeles, CA.

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Did you ever get in contact with them? I got my results within 2-3 weeks of mailing my sample but I also live in California. Their headquarters is in Mountain View, CA and I believe their processing lab is in Los Angeles, CA.

Yep I did, I emailed them. They emailed me back telling me info i already knew. My sample has arrived in Burlington, North Carolina however. They're taking forever!!

Sapporo
06-15-2015, 08:24 PM
Yep I did, I emailed them. They emailed me back telling me info i already knew. My sample has arrived in Burlington, North Carolina however. They're taking forever!!

What time and day did it arrive? Is it shipping via Fedex or UPS? My guess is that it will take another 4-5 business days to arrive in Los Angeles. From there, you will see you results in 1.5-2.5 weeks at the earliest. So, roughly, another 3 weeks or so before you get your raw data to play around on Gedmatch as well as haplogrups. Admixture profile/comparison takes longer.

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 08:34 PM
What time and day did it arrive? Is it shipping via Fedex or UPS? My guess is that it will take another 4-5 business days to arrive in Los Angeles. From there, you will see you results in 1.5-2.5 weeks at the earliest. So, roughly, another 3 weeks or so before you get your raw data to play around on Gedmatch as well as haplogrups. Admixture profile/comparison takes longer.

It's FedEx, it arrived the US today or yesterday I think. I'm really interested to see my haplogroups as we'll. what do you think my ancestry composition will turn out ?( Harappa)?

Sapporo
06-15-2015, 09:03 PM
It's FedEx, it arrived the US today or yesterday I think. I'm really interested to see my haplogroups as we'll. what do you think my ancestry composition will turn out ?( Harappa)?

Ancestry composition and DIY Harappaworld... Honestly, I don't know as all I know is you are Afghan. I don't really know your ancestry (Pashtun tribe, Tajik/province, other ancestry, etc.) and what provinces all of your ancestry derives from. Even then, it would be just a superficial guess.

What is your paternal ancestry? That would be fun to guess for your haplogroups at least. Mt-dna could probably be anything.

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Ancestry composition and DIY Harappaworld... Honestly, I don't know as all I know is you are Afghan. I don't really know your ancestry (Pashtun tribe, Tajik/province, other ancestry, etc.) and what provinces all of your ancestry derives from. Even then, it would be just a superficial guess.

What is your paternal ancestry? That would be fun to guess for your haplogroups at least. Mt-dna could probably be anything.

My father is half laghmani( his father called himself a Tajik so who knows) and half kandahari popalzai( my grandmother was a Persian speaking Shia so highly Likley a pashtunified Qizilbash).

My mother is mainly from Kabul( my grandmother is a proper Persian native from Kabul), my grandad is half yusufzai pashtun from Kabul and half fermuli Tajik ( according to Zahra they originally came from nishapur, Iran).

I'm guessing my ydna will be either R1a, L or Q. What do you think?

jesus
06-15-2015, 09:18 PM

Let make take a wild guess about his Y-DNA: R1a1a :biggrin1:

J2, G2, L and Q are possible as well.

surbakhunWeesste
06-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Let make take a wild guess about his Y-DNA: R1a1a :biggrin1:

J2, G2, L and Q are possible as well.

RESPECT, his mtdna is likely to be U as well or M (As if) :cheer2:

His father is a Yousefzai, so I will go with R1a1a or Q.

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 09:26 PM

I think mtdna is more varied among afghans. Given my maternal line is hardcore Tajik I'm guessing U, H , M or J

surbakhunWeesste
06-15-2015, 09:30 PM
It will be pretty interesting to guess his results and then analyze later.

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 09:46 PM
It will be pretty interesting to guess his results and then analyze later.

Guess then :p

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 10:35 PM

His father is a Yousefzai, so I will go with R1a1a or Q.

No my mothers paternal grandmother was yusufzai

Sapporo
06-15-2015, 10:42 PM
My father is half laghmani( his father called himself a Tajik so who knows) and half kandahari popalzai( my grandmother was a Persian speaking Shia so highly Likley a pashtunified Qizilbash).

My mother is mainly from Kabul( my grandmother is a proper Persian native from Kabul), my grandad is half yusufzai pashtun from Kabul and half fermuli Tajik ( according to Zahra they originally came from nishapur, Iran).

I'm guessing my ydna will be either R1a, L or Q. What do you think?

Yeah, I could guess 20 times and probably get it wrong.

Your ancestry seems to be a complex mix of Pashtun and Tajik. My guess is you will score similar results to HRP0410 who is 50% Ghilzai Nasari Pashtun and 50% Panjsheri Tajik and HRP409 who is 1/2 Safi Pashtun and 1/2 Kabuli Tajik but if you gave me more accurate (but still rough) estimates of your percentage of each ancestry, I could probably give you a better guesstimate. Something like 60% Tajik and 40% Pashtun or something like that.

Y-DNA I would guess R1a1a, J2 or L1c.

Rough Guess....

For HAP:

Baloch: 33-35%
Caucasian: 21-22%
South Indian: 16-17%
NE Euro: 11%

East Eurasian: 6-8%

Mediterranean: 1-2%
SW Asian: 4-5%

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 10:44 PM

Your ancestry seems to be a complex mix of Pashtun and Tajik. My guess is you will score similar results to HRP0410 who is 50% Ghilzai Nasari Pashtun and 50% Panjsheri Tajik and HRP409 who is 1/2 Safi Pashtun and 1/2 Kabuli Tajik but if you gave me more accurate (but still rough) estimates of your percentage of each ancestry, I could probably give you a better guesstimate. Something like 60% Tajik and 40% Pashtun or something like that.

How would my nishapuri and Qizilbash ancestry show?

Could you pm me their kit numbers please?

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 10:50 PM

Rough Guess....

For HAP:

Baloch: 33-35%
Caucasian: 21-22%
South Indian: 16-17%
NE Euro: 11%

East Eurasian: 6-8%

Mediterranean: 1-2%
SW Asian: 4-5%

That's pretty much identical to most afghsn results looool

I would be dissapointed if I get that I'll be honest. I want mine be interesting and exciting

Sapporo
06-15-2015, 10:50 PM
How would my nishapuri and Qizilbash ancestry show?

Could you pm me their kit numbers please?

If that is some type of Eastern Iranian ancestry from Khorasan, then higher Caucasian and Turkic components because of Qizilbash?

Also, I don't have their Gedmatch kit numbers. Only know their HAP (Zack's run) scores. Perhaps, Sein does?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l87nGSIYTP-h7m-VKjB-BZcuEoWdz765nU4f_krOdd4/edit#gid=1

Sapporo
06-15-2015, 10:53 PM
That's pretty much identical to most afghsn results looool

I would be dissapointed if I get that I'll be honest. I want mine be interesting and exciting

Maybe the Nishapuri and Qizilbash ancestry will elevate the Caucasian to 25-26% and increase East Eurasian to 8-9% while lowering South Indian and Baloch to 13-14% and 31%?

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 10:57 PM
If that is some type of Eastern Iranian ancestry from Khorasan, then higher Caucasian and Turkic components because of Qizilbash?

No Qizilbash that arrived in Kandahar were frol azerbaijan and northwest Iran. I doubt there'll be any East Eurasian with them. Nishapuri ancestry obviously is from northeast Iran. About the kabuli Tajik issue, many kabulis are not even from Kabul. My grandmother came from the city, Kabul was a complex city. It was Home to Persians, Pashtuns, Arabs, Armenians, Kurds, Indians and Jews. Honestly I really don't know why Tajiks so far score more East Eurasian than Turkmens. I mean I swear to god I don't understand . Turkmens look partially monogoloid and most true Tajiks look persian .

I should also add they came from Eastern Anatolia as we'll .

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 10:58 PM
Maybe the Nishapuri and Qizilbash ancestry will elevate the Caucasian to 25-26% and increase East Eurasian to 8-9% while lowering South Indian and Baloch to 13-14% and 31%?

Interesting. Is this on Zacks run or DIY? If it's Zacks run then i think your spot on.

Sapporo
06-15-2015, 11:05 PM
No Qizilbash that arrived in Kandahar were frol azerbaijan and northwest Iran. I doubt there'll be any East Eurasian with them. Nishapuri ancestry obviously is from northeast Iran. About the kabuli Tajik issue, many kabulis are not even from Kabul. My grandmother came from the city, Kabul was a complex city. It was Home to Persians, Pashtuns, Arabs, Armenians, Kurds, Indians and Jews. Honestly I really don't know why Tajiks so far score more East Eurasian than Turkmens. I mean I swear to god I don't understand . Turkmens look partially monogoloid and most true Tajiks look persian .

If that is the case, maybe slightly elevated Caucasian score closer to 25% and slightly lower Baloch and South Indian. Afghan Turkmen score very high East Eurasian. It is probably Turkmen from Turkmenistan or Iran that score less.

http://www.harappadna.org/2014/01/afghan-dataset/

Tajiks are heterogeneous so no surprise they very quite a bit. Sometimes phenotype does not correlate well with phenotype. I share with an Afghan girl on 23andMe via Sein finding her and she is like a complex mix of Uzbek, Tajik, etc. Sein knows more than myself and she scores 64.9% South Asian, 22.4% Middle Eastern, 6.8% East Asian, 2.1% European on 23andMe but is very East shifted of myself on 23andMe's global plot. She looks Persian to me if I saw her walking on the street but she scores 12-15%+ East Eurasian on HAP. Don't remember exactly. Her surname is Ghazizadeh. On 23andMe, she states her father is from Kabul and her mother is mixed (and that her mother's father is from Kunduz).

Sapporo
06-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Interesting. Is this on Zacks run or DIY? If it's Zacks run then i think your spot on.

It is Zack's run. On DIY HarappaWorld, lower Caucasian by 1-2%, increase Baloch to maybe 33% and increase South Indian to maybe 15%. Also, lower East Asian to 5-6%.

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 11:14 PM
If that is the case, maybe slightly elevated Caucasian score closer to 25% and slightly lower Baloch and South Indian. Afghan Turkmen score very higher East Eurasian. It is probably Turkmen from Turkmenistan or Iran that score less.

http://www.harappadna.org/2014/01/afghan-dataset/

Tajiks are heterogeneous so no surprise they very quite a bit. Sometimes phenotype does not correlate well with phenotype. I share with an Afghan girl on 23andMe via Sein finding her and she is like a complex mix of Uzbek, Tajik, etc. Sein knows more than myself and she scores 64.9% South Asian, 22.4% Middle Eastern, 6.8% East Asian, 2.1% European on 23andMe but is very East shifted of myself on 23andMe's global plot. She looks Persian to me if I saw her walking on the street but she scores 12%+ East Eurasian on HAP. Her surname is Ghazizadeh.
Yea janeygak, the picture I've seen from her profile I would automatically know she's hazara shaklaq( menacing pseudo looking Uzbeki or hazara looking). I defintley agree, being basically means know Persian and non pashtun. I mean a Uzbek or hazara can call themself Tajik. My grandmothers family look very Persian to me, fully caucasiod. And no Turkmens frol Turkmenistan look Atleast 25% monogoloid. Even afghsn Turkmens score 26% Caucasian and 25% baloch. They score 7% SW Asian and similar Med. I still don't understand how Persian tajikd are more EE than actual Central Asians. It's really bugging me.

The Barnacle
06-15-2015, 11:15 PM
It is Zack's run. On DIY HarappaWorld, lower Caucasian by 1-2%, increase Baloch to maybe 33% and increase South Indian to maybe 15%. Also, lower East Asian to 5-6%.

I thought the DIY increases Caucasian?

Sapporo
06-15-2015, 11:40 PM
I thought the DIY increases Caucasian?

Perhaps it does for certain individuals but I scored higher Caucasian on Zack's run by like 0.8%. I also scored 3% lower Baloch.

Sapporo
06-15-2015, 11:44 PM
Yea janeygak, the picture I've seen from her profile I would automatically know she's hazara shaklaq( menacing pseudo looking Uzbeki or hazara looking). I defintley agree, being basically means know Persian and non pashtun. I mean a Uzbek or hazara can call themself Tajik. My grandmothers family look very Persian to me, fully caucasiod. And no Turkmens frol Turkmenistan look Atleast 25% monogoloid. Even afghsn Turkmens score 26% Caucasian and 25% baloch. They score 7% SW Asian and similar Med. I still don't understand how Persian tajikd are more EE than actual Central Asians. It's really bugging me.

Well, I haven't met any Turkmen from Turkmenistan but the Turkmen samples from Yunusbayev (same team who got the Tajikistan Tajik samples) score much less East Eurasian.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l87nGSIYTP-h7m-VKjB-BZcuEoWdz765nU4f_krOdd4/edit#gid=0

Only 16-17%, which is minimally higher than the Tajikistan Tajik who score 15%.

The Barnacle
06-16-2015, 12:11 AM
Well, I haven't met any Turkmen from Turkmenistan but the Turkmen samples from Yunusbayev (same team who got the Tajikistan Tajik samples) score much less East Eurasian.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l87nGSIYTP-h7m-VKjB-BZcuEoWdz765nU4f_krOdd4/edit#gid=0

Then I wonder why does the afghan Tajik from Kabul on Dr Mcninjas spreadsheet score so much higher than both groups, considering it's not even on Zacks run. The kabuli Tajik must have hazara ancestry, that's the only logical explanation. The individual scores around 27% EE on the DIY. Zacks run would almost be double, I mean anyone with a brain would see somethings not right.

Sapporo
06-16-2015, 12:38 AM
Then I wonder why does the afghan Tajik from Kabul on Dr Mcninjas spreadsheet score so much higher than both groups, considering it's not even on Zacks run. The kabuli Tajik must have hazara ancestry, that's the only logical explanation. The individual scores around 27% EE on the DIY. Zacks run would almost be double, I mean anyone with a brain would see somethings not right.

Like I stated, Tajiks are heterogeneous. The Yunusbayev Tajiks samples are definitely different from the Di Cristofaro Afghan Tadjik samples from Baghlan/Kunduz. Rukha is half Panjsheri Tajik and has very little East Eurasian. Pamiri Tajiks have very little East Eurasian too but they are isolated and a bit distinct to be fair. Someone who is Tajik could have very little East Eurasian admixture and no more than Pashtuns but or they could also be very mixed. There is likely extensive regional/provincial and individual variation.

As for the Kabuli Tajik, I've seen his photo as well. He doesn't look very East Eurasian influenced imo. At least not much. Also, I doubt Zack's run would double it. That really only applies to percentages that are much smaller like in the 2-5% range. Not when someone is already 27% East Eurasian. It's not going to make him 54% East Eurasian suddenly.

pegasus
06-16-2015, 01:49 AM

In Uzbekistan , the opposite is more common, lot of Tajiks say they are Uzbek.
There is one Afghan Uzbek (#56) , whose results show he is clearly an Uzbekified Tajik.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x8pm8sVcHqceiNFJMO082kxaBF5ePr4__bAK05VQRFw/edit?pli=1#gid=2145681294

The Barnacle
06-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Like I stated, Tajiks are heterogeneous. The Yunusbayev Tajiks samples are definitely different from the Di Cristofaro Afghan Tadjik samples from Baghlan/Kunduz. Rukha is half Panjsheri Tajik and has very little East Eurasian. Pamiri Tajiks have very little East Eurasian too but they are isolated and a bit distinct to be fair. Someone who is Tajik could have very little East Eurasian admixture and no more than Pashtuns but or they could also be very mixed. There is likely extensive regional/provincial and individual variation.

As for the Kabuli Tajik, I've seen his photo as well. He doesn't look very East Eurasian influenced imo. At least not much. Also, I doubt Zack's run would double it. That really only applies to percentages that are much smaller like in the 2-5% range. Not when someone is already 27% East Eurasian. It's not going to make him 54% East Eurasian suddenly.

Could you tell me his username on 23andme please? Or a name? It would make sense if he's got East Eurasian influence since even being half hazara half Tajik would result in Someone looking predominantly Caucasian. How do I know this? My mothers cousins are a quarter hazara and all of them look typical Tajiks. Their mother is half hazara and really does not look it.

The Barnacle
06-16-2015, 01:41 PM

Your typical afghan Tajiks

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2itly5v.jpg

http://joshuaproject.net/assets/media/profiles/photos/p14372.jpg

https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/17/3b03f3de74ab42ba8e67cf227573e428/300x300.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Chris+Cole+Sonia+Nassery+Cole+New+York+Times+UR8Yc R3nDFFl.jpg

http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/1027185/600full-mezhgan-hussainy.jpg

Current and previous Turkmen presidents, both from South Turkmenistan bordering Iran

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurbanguly_Berdimuhamedow

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saparmurat_Niyazov

http://www.eurasianet.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/galleria_fullscreen/Turkmen%20Young%20People.jpg

Tajikstani Tajiks

http://i1.wp.com/www.thelovelyplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Tajik_woman_traditional_dress.jpg?resize=359%2C541

This video sums up Tajiks phenotypes, it's a really nice song Lool

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IiARfQnVrI8

Sapporo
06-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Could you tell me his username on 23andme please? Or a name? It would make sense if he's got East Eurasian influence since even being half hazara half Tajik would result in Someone looking predominantly Caucasian. How do I know this? My mothers cousins are a quarter hazara and all of them look typical Tajiks. Their mother is half hazara and really does not look it.

He is HRP0385 I believe.

Baloch: 23%
Caucasian: 18%
South Indian: 12%
NE Euro: 9%

NE Asian: 12.5%
Siberian: 10.72%
SE Asian: 2.6%
Beringian: 2.1%
American: 1.45%
Papuan: 1.4%

Mediterranean: 1.3%
SW Asian: 6%

If you exclude Papuan, he scores 29.37% East Eurasian roughly. So, East Eurasian only went up 3% or so.

Not sure if he is half Hazara though. HRP0396 is Afghan Hazara and scores:

Baloch: 18%
Caucasian: 13%
NE Euro: 8%
South Indian: 7%

NE Asian: 25%
Siberian: 15%
Beringian: 3%
SE Asian: 2%
American: 1%
Papuan: 1%

Mediterranean: 3.7%
SW Asian: 1.8%

So roughly, 50% West Eurasian and 50% East Eurasian.

As for pictures, I don't think individual pictures really prove anything. It is likely that the Turkmen samples from Turkmenistan are from a more West Asian shifted sample of the population. There are probably Turkmen from Turkmenistan who score similar East Eurasian percentages to the Di Cristofaro Afghan Turkmen samples.

The Barnacle
06-16-2015, 05:43 PM
He is HRP0385 I believe.

Baloch: 23%
Caucasian: 18%
South Indian: 12%
NE Euro: 9%

NE Asian: 12.5%
Siberian: 10.72%
SE Asian: 2.6%
Beringian: 2.1%
American: 1.45%
Papuan: 1.4%

Mediterranean: 1.3%
SW Asian: 6%

If you exclude Papuan, he scores 29.37% East Eurasian roughly. So, East Eurasian only went up 3% or so.

Not sure if he is half Hazara though. HRP0396 is Afghan Hazara and scores:

Baloch: 18%
Caucasian: 13%
NE Euro: 8%
South Indian: 7%

NE Asian: 25%
Siberian: 15%
Beringian: 3%
SE Asian: 2%
American: 1%
Papuan: 1%

Mediterranean: 3.7%
SW Asian: 1.8%

So roughly, 50% West Eurasian and 50% East Eurasian.

As for pictures, I don't think individual pictures really prove anything. It is likely that the Turkmen samples from Turkmenistan are from a more West Asian shifted sample of the population. There are probably Turkmen from Turkmenistan who score similar East Eurasian percentages to the Di Cristofaro Afghan Turkmen samples.

I know his HAP ID I was Asking for his 23andme name? It's highly Likley he's got hazara ancestry, there's no other explanation given he's from a cosmopolitan city like Kabul. The thing about Kabul is it's not like most rural provinces, it's a massive city.

About the Turkmens, nope, that's what most Turkmens look like, obviously some are more Iranian or Tajik looking and some extremely Kazakh looking but like I said, Turkmens hsvd East eurasuan features, certainly more than tajikistabj Tajiks from the video and afghan Tajiks. Tbh like I've said, Tajik provinces and regions hsvdnt been tested like, panjsher, parwan, Charikor, Herat, balkh, badakhshan, kapisa, parts of laghman. Kabul used to be a very good indication of Tajik terroritiry, but In recent times you can find every ethnic group in there. Most afghsn Americans are from the Persian community from Kabul. Not all obviously .

Sapporo
06-16-2015, 06:03 PM
I know his HAP ID I was Asking for his 23andme name? It's highly Likley he's got hazara ancestry, there's no other explanation given he's from a cosmopolitan city like Kabul. The thing about Kabul is it's not like most rural provinces, it's a massive city.

I can pm you his surname. I wouldn't make assumptions about someone's ancestry without asking them first. Tajik is not a homogeneous identity like that of Pashtuns. It's not surprising they very significantly in terms of autosomal DNA.

About the Turkmens, nope, that's what most Turkmens look like, obviously some are more Iranian or Tajik looking and some extremely Kazakh looking but like I said, Turkmens hsvd East eurasuan features, certainly more than tajikistabj Tajiks from the video and afghan Tajiks. Tbh like I've said, Tajik provinces and regions hsvdnt been tested like, panjsher, parwan, Charikor, Herat, balkh, badakhshan, kapisa, parts of laghman. Kabul used to be a very good indication of Tajik terroritiry, but In recent times you can find every ethnic group in there. Most afghsn Americans are from the Persian community from Kabul. Not all obviously .

I don't know honestly. I'm not going to make assumptions about the entire population of a diverse Central Asian country like Turkmenistan. Also, the Di Cristofaro Afghan Tajiks are from Kunduz and Baghlan I believe. Isn't Baghlan a majority Tajik province? Although, I would definitely like to see Tajik samples from Panjsher and Herat. As for Afghan Americans, the only ones I am even remotely familiar are the ones in the Fremont, CA community. The Afghan Pashtun professor at my university implied they were majority Pashtun but I honestly don't remember. Khaled Hosseini attended my alma mater and has spoken at quite a few university events. I'd be very curious to see how his Gedmatch results would look.

The Barnacle
06-16-2015, 06:26 PM
I can pm you his surname. I wouldn't make assumptions about someone's ancestry without asking them first. Tajik is not a homogeneous identity like that of Pashtuns. It's not surprising they very significantly in terms of autosomal DNA.

I don't know honestly. I'm not going to make assumptions about the entire population of a diverse Central Asian country like Turkmenistan. Also, the Di Cristofaro Afghan Tajiks are from Kunduz and Baghlan I believe. Isn't Baghlan a majority Tajik province? Although, I would definitely like to see Tajik samples from Panjsher and Herat. As for Afghan Americans, the only ones I am even remotely familiar are the ones in the Fremont, CA community. The Afghan Pashtun professor at my university implied they were majority Pashtun but I honestly don't remember. Khaled Hosseini attended my alma mater and has spoken at quite a few university events. I'd be very curious to see how his Gedmatch results would look.

Khalid hosseini is from Herat, his mother is mohammadzai pashtun and his father I think is Tajik. Keep in mind many afghsn Americans hsvd Persianised Pashtuns, mostly durranis.

The Barnacle
06-17-2015, 09:12 AM
Sample recieved at the lab Atlast

The Barnacle
06-17-2015, 11:40 AM
Just on a side note, This is a Perfect example of a Tajik family of which some members are East asunder influenced. Notice how the father, daughter and son look typical afghan Caucasian, father looks white tbh, and the mother who calls herself a Tajik( clearly not fully). They come from Kabul and the girl is a famous model from England. The woman and children would score high East eurasuan undoubtedly.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qlb975.jpg

Something to dwell on. I know plenty of "Tajiks " who look like the lady, their kids will look fully or almost fully Caucasian. The father( looks almost like rukhas dad) is a Persian native from Kabul, like my grandmother and grandad. I would be suprised if he would score such high East eurasuan.

J Man
06-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Blistering Barnacles!

surbakhunWeesste
06-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Blistering Barnacles!

Ten Thousand Thundering typhoons ^^

The Barnacle
06-21-2015, 12:56 AM
Quick summary

23/05/15- ordered sample
30/05/15- kit arrives
31/05/15- kit mailed to lab via distribution centre in holland
17/06/15- kit recieved at lab
20/06/15- sample getting analysed
?
?

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 10:10 AM
My initial results are in! It just took 6 days haha, I'm off to work now but when I'm back I'll upload my raw data to GEDmatch.

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 10:20 AM
im R1a1a! and U2c!

im also 3% neanderthal, surely thats the highest? LOL

Sapporo
06-26-2015, 06:02 PM
http://www.geni.com/projects/U2c-mtDNA/24318

U2c is fairly interesting. It is most common in South Asia but is also found in low frequencies in Central and West Asia.

http://evolutsioon.ut.ee/publications/Metspalu2004.pdf

Haplogroup U2 has been found in the remains of a 30,000-year-old hunter-gatherer from the Kostyonki, Voronezh Oblast in Central-South European Russia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8435317.stm

R1a1a is pretty standard in South and South Central Asia. Also, obviously found in West Asia and Eastern Europe at significant rates. What's more important regarding R1a1a is your subclade, which 23andMe does not show.

surbakhunWeesste
06-26-2015, 06:10 PM
im R1a1a! and U2c!

:beerchug:

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 06:23 PM
http://www.geni.com/projects/U2c-mtDNA/24318

U2c is fairly interesting. It is most common in South Asia but is also found in low frequency in Central and West Asia.

http://evolutsioon.ut.ee/publications/Metspalu2004.pdf

Haplogroup U2 has been found in the remains of a 30,000-year-old hunter-gatherer from the Kostyonki, Voronezh Oblast in Central-South European Russia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8435317.stm

R1a1a is pretty standard in South and South Central Asia. Also, obviously found in West Asia and Eastern Europe at significant rates. What's more important regarding R1a1a is your subclade, which 23andMe does not show.

i agree, U2c seems to be fairly uncommon among all populations however. 23andme calculated that my paternal line is most likley from europe/near east in the past few hundred years, and central asia for my maternal line. im on the GEDmatch page, and it im still on the first chromosome. i left my laptop on and went out but came back to nil..??

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 06:25 PM
:beerchug:

whats your neanderthal percentage? R1a1a buddies LOL

jesus
06-26-2015, 06:39 PM
i agree, U2c seems to be fairly uncommon among all populations however. 23andme calculated that my paternal line is most likley from europe/near east in the past few hundred years, and central asia for my maternal line. im on the GEDmatch page, and it im still on the first chromosome. i left my laptop on and went out but came back to nil..??

Go back to the main page and see if they assigned you a kit number or not ?

surbakhunWeesste
06-26-2015, 06:45 PM
whats your neanderthal percentage? R1a1a buddies LOL

2.7 I think. Hurry run your data on gedmatch.

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 06:45 PM
Go back to the main page and see if they assigned you a kit number or not ?
nah its alright its working now. can i see my admixture results as soon as i upload my results or wait a few days?

surbakhunWeesste
06-26-2015, 06:48 PM
nah its alright its working now. can i see my admixture results as soon as i upload my results or wait a few days?

it will show you right away. My requests : MDLPK23 and Harrappa, also check for relatives on gedmatch.

jesus
06-26-2015, 06:51 PM

It should work as soon as you upload it.

Click on admixture (heritage), then select any project/calculator you want, after that enter your kit number.

Sapporo
06-26-2015, 06:52 PM

I believe 23andMe states that for all R1a1a users. U2 itself is fairly common as an mt-DNA in South and South Central Asia. The U2c line in particular seems to be less common. I share with two U2c's on 23andMe. One is Punjabi and the other is some type of Balochi/Sindhi mix.

Coldmountains
06-26-2015, 06:53 PM
im R1a1a! and U2c!

Congratulation:) And nice too have another Afghan R1a buddy here.

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 10:59 PM
finally the wait is over! im going to analyse my results in a bit/

k13 results

# Population Percent
1 West_Asian 39.46
2 South_Asian 27.22
3 East_Med 14.1
4 Baltic 6.81
5 North_Atlantic 6.69
6 Amerindian 2.28
7 Siberian 1.68
8 Sub-Saharan 0.53
9 Red_Sea 0.24

ANE K7
ANE 27.80%
ASE 11.51%
WHG-UHG 6.01%
East_Eurasian 2.91%
West_African 0.98%
East_African 0.92%
ENF 49.88%

EUtest
# Population Percent
1 SOUTH_ASIAN 33.08
2 WEST_ASIAN 27.53
3 EAST_MED 17.68
4 EAST_EURO 12.96
5 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 5.17
6 SIBERIAN 2.36
7 SOUTH_BALTIC 1.41
8 WEST_AFRICAN 0.53
9 EAST_ASIAN 0.28

EUTEST V2 k15
# Population Percent
1 South_Asian 32.19
2 West_Asian 30.94
3 East_Med 14.83
4 Eastern_Euro 10.34
5 North_Sea 7.62
6 Amerindian 2.05
7 Siberian 1.08
8 Baltic 0.57
9 Sub-Saharan 0.38

Harappa world

# Population Percent
1 Baloch 34.92
2 Caucasian 22.96
3 South Indian 18.12
4 NE-Euro 10.72
5 SW-Asian 4.62
6 Mediterranean 3.06
7 Beringian 1.85
8 NE-Asian 1.53
9 American 0.94
10 Siberian 0.77
11 Papuan 0.31
12 San 0.12

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 11:04 PM
i think its safe to say my grandmother was a qizilbash, given my high east med score in most calculators compared to my elevated south asian and lietrally no east eurasian. as for my 18% south indian, im pretty sure it has to do something with my laghmani side. i told zahra that laghman is home to pashayis( who would score similar results to kalash and nuristanis). especially our village which was home to these groups. im actually suprised i score such low east eurasian in virtually most calculators.

Arbogan
06-26-2015, 11:07 PM
Interesting results, could you post your k12b dodecad results?

Sein
06-26-2015, 11:09 PM
finally the wait is over! im going to analyse my results in a bit/

k13 results

# Population Percent
1 West_Asian 39.46
2 South_Asian 27.22
3 East_Med 14.1
4 Baltic 6.81
5 North_Atlantic 6.69
6 Amerindian 2.28
7 Siberian 1.68
8 Sub-Saharan 0.53
9 Red_Sea 0.24

ANE K7
ANE 27.80%
ASE 11.51%
WHG-UHG 6.01%
East_Eurasian 2.91%
West_African 0.98%
East_African 0.92%
ENF 49.88%

EUtest
# Population Percent
1 SOUTH_ASIAN 33.08
2 WEST_ASIAN 27.53
3 EAST_MED 17.68
4 EAST_EURO 12.96
5 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 5.17
6 SIBERIAN 2.36
7 SOUTH_BALTIC 1.41
8 WEST_AFRICAN 0.53
9 EAST_ASIAN 0.28

EUTEST V2 k15
# Population Percent
1 South_Asian 32.19
2 West_Asian 30.94
3 East_Med 14.83
4 Eastern_Euro 10.34
5 North_Sea 7.62
6 Amerindian 2.05
7 Siberian 1.08
8 Baltic 0.57
9 Sub-Saharan 0.38

Harappa world

# Population Percent
1 Baloch 34.92
2 Caucasian 22.96
3 South Indian 18.12
4 NE-Euro 10.72
5 SW-Asian 4.62
6 Mediterranean 3.06
7 Beringian 1.85
8 NE-Asian 1.53
9 American 0.94
10 Siberian 0.77
11 Papuan 0.31
12 San 0.12

Great stuff bro.

Your results are quite close to my own, and to other Pashtuns!

Also, for what it's worth, your HarappaWorld results are quite closer to myself and eastern Pashtuns, rather than to Durrani and southwestern Ghilji.

When you get the necessary funds, you should invest in testing both of your parents.

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 11:12 PM
Great stuff bro.

Also, for what it's worth, your HarappaWorld results are quite closer to myself and eastern Pashtuns, rather than to Durrani and southwestern Ghilji.

When you get the necessary funds, you should invest in testing both of your parents.

im not that suprised, given only quarter of my ancestry is from the south that being my shia grandmother. the rest of my ancestry is pretty much east and kabul which is still east. also my great grandmother was a yusufzai pashtun from kabul. haha their not interested in these things man but ill try deffo

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 11:15 PM
Great stuff bro.

im interested by my k7 results. ive looked at all the pashtuns including durranis and the two laghmanis, i score just slightly higher ASE than rukha who scores 15% south indian on harappa and 10% ASE on k7, and more ENF than all the durranis! is my south indian more kalash related? it would make perfect sense dont you think?

DMXX
06-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Congrats on your results!

Quite an interesting coincidence here; I've been informed one recent GEDmatch user (kit no. M080070, since taken down) had the following results (calculators shown accordingly). The Harappaworld one is remarkably similar to what you've shared here, bar a few discrepancies.

HarappaWorld
# Population Percent
1 Baloch 34.92
2 S-Indian 22.2
3 Caucasian 20.96
4 NE-Euro 10.72
5 SW-Asian 3.62
6 Mediterranean 2.06
7 Beringian 1.85
8 NE-Asian 1.53
9 American 0.94
10 Siberian 0.77
11 Papuan 0.31
12 San 0.12

MDLP K23b
1 South_Central_Asian 34.37
2 South_Indian 24.46
3 Caucasian 20.74
4 European_Hunters_Gatherers 6.32
5 Ancestral_Altaic 3.96
6 Near_East 1.99
7 Paleo_Siberian 1.78
8 European_Early_Farmers 1.52
9 Amerindian 1.34

Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing a screencap of your GEDmatch MDLP K23b results? It's easier to get a "feel" for the component distributions with a pie chart (or at least that's the case with me, more a pie than a numbers guy).

[Edit]: Any subclade breakdown for U2c? Have you run it through James Lick's calculator yet?

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 11:19 PM
Interesting results, could you post your k12b dodecad results?
pretty much identical to my harappa results just higher east asian
# Population Percent
1 Gedrosia 35.48
2 Caucasus 22.13
3 South Asian 18.54
4 North_European 13.32
5 Southwest_Asian 4.12
6 Atlantic_Med 2.9
7 East Asian 2.53
8 Siberian 1.45
9 Northwest_African 0.37
10 Sub_Saharan 0.15

Sapporo
06-26-2015, 11:23 PM
im not that suprised, given only quarter of my ancestry is from the south that being my shia grandmother. the rest of my ancestry is pretty much east and kabul which is still east. also my great grandmother was a yusufzai pashtun from kabul. haha their not interested in these things man but ill try deffo

Your HarappaWorld results are very similar to HRP409 who is 1/2 Safi Pashtun and 1/2 Kabuli Tajik. Granted, their results are on Zack's run but they score a little lower Baloch and Caucasian and 4% higher East Eurasian and slightly higher NE Euro. They lack the 3% Med score though.

Sein
06-26-2015, 11:24 PM
im interested by my k7 results. ive looked at all the pashtuns including durranis and the two laghmanis, i score just slightly higher ASE than rukha who scores 15% south indian on harappa and 10% ASE on k7, and more ENF than all the durranis! is my south indian more kalash related? it would make perfect sense dont you think?

The ASE component in K7 is quite complicated, as it's very high across West Eurasia, so it isn't really ASI. Northeastern Caucasians are around 5%-6% ASE in that calculator, and many Europeans even had around 2%!

Basically, it's best to concentrate on the unsupervised runs, they tell you which Pashtuns you share more recent drift with. From that angle, the Durrani-southern Ghilji block is quite distinct from yourself, while you genetically fit in the eastern Afghanistan-FATA block. Three HGDP Pashtun samples will be identical to you, when tested in the same conditions, and the rest are still fairly close (not including the three Punjabi-like samples).

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 11:26 PM
Congrats on your results!

Quite an interesting coincidence here; I've been informed one recent GEDmatch user (kit no. M080070, since taken down) had the following results (calculators shown accordingly). The Harappaworld one is remarkably similar to what you've shared here, bar a few discrepancies.

HarappaWorld
# Population Percent
1 Baloch 34.92
2 S-Indian 22.2
3 Caucasian 20.96
4 NE-Euro 10.72
5 SW-Asian 3.62
6 Mediterranean 2.06
7 Beringian 1.85
8 NE-Asian 1.53
9 American 0.94
10 Siberian 0.77
11 Papuan 0.31
12 San 0.12

MDLP K23b
2 South_Indian 24.46
3 Caucasian 20.74
4 European_Hunters_Gatherers 6.32
5 Ancestral_Altaic 3.96
6 Near_East 1.99
7 Paleo_Siberian 1.78
8 European_Early_Farmers 1.52
9 Amerindian 1.34

Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing a screencap of your GEDmatch MDLP K23b results?

yeah weird, that seemed to happen to the other afghan individial who was qizilbash as well. didnt they have a faulty in their database?
i cant screen shot as im on my laptop but here it is
# Population Percent
2 South_Indian 21.46
3 Caucasian 21.05
4 European_Hunters_Gatherers 7.42
5 Ancestral_Altaic 3.96
6 Near_East 2.82
7 Paleo_Siberian 1.78
8 European_Early_Farmers 1.89
9 Amerindian 1.34
10 Tungus-Altaic 0.65

i also ran my data a couple of times, and stopped it becauase it was taking too long. i re uploaded my data from 23andme a couple of times

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 11:30 PM
Your HarappaWorld results are very similar to HRP409 who is 1/2 Safi Pashtun and 1/2 Kabuli Tajik. Granted, their results are on Zack's run but they score a little lower Baloch and Caucasian and 4% higher East Eurasian and slightly higher NE Euro. They lack the 3% Med score though.

i think most eastern pashtuns lack the high east med i kinda score, could that be my qizilbash ancestry? it seems i fit the eastern pashtun range just near eastern shifted.

Sapporo
06-26-2015, 11:33 PM
i think most eastern pashtuns lack the high east med i kinda score, could that be my qizilbash ancestry? it seems i fit the eastern pashtun range just near eastern shifted.

It very well may be. However, you seem to fit well within the variation of Eastern Pashtuns. Just slightly Near Eastern shifted as you noted. Overall, you are much more Pashtun like than Tajik like though. It's not even close either. Perhaps, we need more Afghan Tajik samples but that is the case based on current sampling. You should most your MDLPK23, HarappaWorld and Eurogenes K13/ K15 V2 oracles and mixed modes.

Please also post your Dodecad V3 results. I am also very much interested in your MDLP World and MDLP World 22 too! They are two of my favorite calculators.

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 11:35 PM
It very well may be. However, you seem to fit within the variation of Eastern Pashtuns. Just slightly Near Eastern shifted as you noted. Overall, you are much more Pashtun like than Tajik like though.

yeah now that seems suprising, given im technically more tajik than pashtun! im still convinced my laghmani side plays a part in this. my grandad was also half yusufzai so who knows

DMXX
06-26-2015, 11:37 PM
yeah weird, that seemed to happen to the other afghan individial who was qizilbash as well. didnt they have a faulty in their database?

Probable on the face of it, I'd say. GEDmatch has unfortunately had a spate of uploading issues (some recent kits were actually removed from their database accidentally).

Do let us know if you need assistance interpreting the data. Given the commonality of your Y-DNA, I'm more interested in your mtDNA. In case you hadn't seen my most recent edit, Lick's tool (http://dna.jameslick.com/mthap/) is exceptionally good for deeper mtDNA analyses with 23andMe data (instructions here (http://dna.jameslick.com/mthap/23andMe.html)).

Sapporo
06-26-2015, 11:38 PM
yeah now that seems suprising, given im technically more tajik than pashtun! im still convinced my laghmani side plays a part in this. my grandad was also half yusufzai so who knows

I'm just guessing here but it's possible your Tajik side is Pashtun-like to begin with? At least compared to the Yunusbayev and Di Cristofaro Tajik samples? Perhaps it is more Panjsheri like? It's all just conjecture though as we need a diverse sampling of Afghan Tajiks from Panjsher, Herat and Kabul.

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 11:38 PM
Probable on the face of it, I'd say. GEDmatch has unfortunately had a spate of uploading issues (some recent kits were actually removed from their database accidentally).

Do let us know if you need assistance interpreting the data. Given the commonality of your Y-DNA, I'm more interested in your mtDNA. In case you hadn't seen my most recent edit, Lick's tool (http://dna.jameslick.com/mthap/) is exceptionally good for deeper mtDNA analyses with 23andMe data (instructions here (http://dna.jameslick.com/mthap/23andMe.html)).

thanks man!

The Barnacle
06-26-2015, 11:41 PM
I'm just guessing here but it's possible your Tajik side is Pashtun-like to begin with? At least compared to the Yunusbayev and Dr Cristofaro Tajik samples?

true, but my grandmother is from kabul and a tajik. however, my grandad is half fermuli tajik( ive read sources etc and they are from urghun in pakitika which confirms what my grandad said about his fathers origin), fermulis seem to be persians who speak a shahnameh form of persian language and their origins is similar to the ghiljis.

surbakhunWeesste
06-26-2015, 11:41 PM
# Population Percent
2 South_Indian 21.46
3 Caucasian 21.05
5 Ancestral_Altaic 3.96
6 Near_East 2.82
7 Paleo_Siberian 1.78
9 Amerindian 1.34
10 Tungus-Altaic 0.65

i also ran my data a couple of times, and stopped it becauase it was taking too long. i re uploaded my data from 23andme a couple of times

where are the population for MDLPK23 ? Did you take screen shots? You should do that for next time if that happens again.

The Barnacle
06-27-2015, 12:25 AM

it says U2c1 most for my best mtdna match

Kaido
06-27-2015, 12:27 AM
it says U2c1 most for my best mtdna match

Same as Amarkhel, he's also from Kabul I think.

The Barnacle
06-27-2015, 12:44 AM
heres my JTEST. inetersting, i score some ashkenazi!

# Population Percent
1 SOUTH_ASIAN 33.1
2 WEST_ASIAN 30.2
3 EAST_MED 15.72
4 EAST_EURO 12.72
5 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 4.89
6 SIBERIAN 2.36
7 ASHKENAZI 2.32
8 SOUTH_BALTIC 1.26
9 WEST_AFRICAN 0.49
10 EAST_ASIAN 0.26

jeanL
06-27-2015, 01:57 AM
im R1a1a! and U2c!

Congrats man! I am also 3% Neanderthal, we are caveman brothers!!:P

parasar
06-27-2015, 03:27 AM
http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_by_group/u2c_genbank_sequences.htm

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Most-of-the-extant-mtDNA-boundaries-in-South-and-Southwest-Asia-were-likely-shaped-during-the-1471-2156-5-26-2.jpg

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/images/nature14558-st5.jpg

Dr_McNinja
06-28-2015, 12:04 AM
I have on my spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xm5xp5Qxk8N8kSortwFU5Qr-KWCGNKsYgdT5Mnv8kDc/edit#gid=0), a Baloch, Punjabi, and North India Mughal U2c individuals. There are two U2c1 Pashtun, one is Adam from this forum, the other is an Amarkhel (HRP0326 on Harappa).

Getting R1a is troublesome because it usually entails follow up tests on FTDNA or YSEQ :) I'd go with whichever is cheaper and test Z2124 first, then L657 if it's negative.

Dr_McNinja
06-28-2015, 12:24 AM
Your ENF in ANE K7 is high and pulls you west with the other Afghan Pashtun and Tajiks. It suggests your Tajik admixture was similar to other Afghan Pashtun and probably had high ENF too.

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 01:26 AM
Your ENF in ANE K7 is high and pulls you west with the other Afghan Pashtun and Tajiks. It suggests your Tajik admixture was similar to other Afghan Pashtun and probably had high ENF too.

Yeah I compared my results to other afghans, I've even got higher ENF than HRP0370. What suprises me is my lack of East Eurasian, maybe some of it got absorbed in my South Asian? I mean, looking at my GEDmatch results, most afghans hsvd lower South Asian than me, however they have more than double of the East Asian conponents.

MonkeyDLuffy
06-28-2015, 02:37 AM
R1a1a pride. B)

Kurd
06-28-2015, 05:41 AM
heres my JTEST. inetersting, i score some ashkenazi!

# Population Percent
1 SOUTH_ASIAN 33.1
2 WEST_ASIAN 30.2
3 EAST_MED 15.72
4 EAST_EURO 12.72
6 SIBERIAN 2.36
7 ASHKENAZI 2.32
8 SOUTH_BALTIC 1.26
9 WEST_AFRICAN 0.49
10 EAST_ASIAN 0.26

Interesting that you got Ashkenazi. I just wanted to let you know that something is off with your Jtest. Your percentages add up to 103.32%. I checked mine and a friend's to make sure and they were 100%. I have attached mine so you can check.

http://i.imgur.com/xxjHLvM.jpg

kenji.aryan
06-28-2015, 08:28 AM
Interesting that you got Ashkenazi. I just wanted to let you know that something is off with your Jtest. Your percentages add up to 103.32%. I checked mine and a friend's to make sure and they were 100%. I have attached mine so you can check.

I hope he is not manipulating his results.

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 09:50 AM

Wait it actually does, what's wrong with GEDmatch nowadays it's been bugging a couple days now. Should i run my data again?

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 09:53 AM

Yeah something is defintley off I added up my numbers and it's not right, I'm going to have run my data again on GEDmatch.

Could it be my Siberian? I usually get below 0 for my East Asian, is it possible?

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 10:42 AM
I ran my data again, got a bit different result for my Jtest, it adds up to 100% however now! My East need we've down, so did my Siberian and Ashkenazi, I'll check my other results later as well to see if it changed.

1 SOUTH_ASIAN 33.1
2 WEST_ASIAN 30.2
3 EAST_MED 15.49
4 EAST_EURO 12.72
6 ASHKENAZI 2.14
7 SIBERIAN 1.08
8 SOUTH_BALTIC 0.25
9 WEST_AFRICAN 0.10
10 EAST_ASIAN 0.03

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Heres my K15 when I ran my data again, it's unchanged, seems it was the Jtest that was inflating my percentages for some reason

EUTEST V2 k15
# Population Percent
1 South_Asian 32.19
2 West_Asian 30.94
3 East_Med 14.83
4 Eastern_Euro 10.34
5 North_Sea 7.62
6 Amerindian 2.05
7 Siberian 1.08
8 Baltic 0.57
9 Sub-Saharan 0.38

Arslan
06-28-2015, 11:38 AM

Is there also a tool for Y-DNA you know of?

DMXX
06-28-2015, 12:35 PM
I usually get below 0 for my East Asian, is it possible?

This is impossible and I question your claims here; no calculator has ever produced a "negative" result for anyone at any point in time. In my several years of using GEDmatch and DIYDodecad or viewing other member's results, not once have I seen anything like that. The "stock" calculator Dienekes designed in R (which nearly all of the subsequent ones run off) is calibrated to be within the 0-100% range.

At this point, I kindly request a screenshot of your GEDmatch results. Some things aren't adding up here (e.g. on top of this "negative percentage" thing, I've re-ran my own results using these calculators just now and compared with previously posted results and they aren't changing at all, but yours apparently are).

Is there also a tool for Y-DNA you know of?

Based on Y-SNP's, not that I'm aware of. For Y-STRs, however, we're spoiled for choice. I've always favoured Urasin's Y-Predictor. The others aren't as good at discriminating between less frequent haplogroups/subclades.

MonkeyDLuffy
06-28-2015, 12:56 PM
Your ASE is 11.51% on ANE k7, how come your SI is that low on harrapa calculator? From my calculations it should be around 22-23% looking at your ASE as South Indian component on harrapa is half west eurasian.

I agree with DMXX, can you post the screenshot of results?

ZephyrousMandaru
06-28-2015, 01:02 PM
# Population Percent
2 South_Indian 21.46
3 Caucasian 21.05
5 Ancestral_Altaic 3.96
6 Near_East 2.82
7 Paleo_Siberian 1.78
9 Amerindian 1.34
10 Tungus-Altaic 0.65

I just calculated the totality of your ADMIXTURE Proportions, they added up to 96.74%. Which tells me that either your raw data didn't upload correctly to GED Match or some other strange error occurred while it was processing. I strongly recommend you upload your raw data, because something is seriously wrong here.

Kurd
06-28-2015, 01:16 PM
I just calculated the totality of your ADMIXTURE Proportions, they added up to 96.74%. Which tells me that either your raw data didn't upload correctly to GED Match or some other strange error occurred while it was processing. I strongly recommend you upload your raw data, because something is seriously wrong here.

It is not the upload, because if it were then he would be getting an error message during the upload. It can't be missing markers either, because the admixture program is designed to total the components to 100% . Must be something else that I am not aware of that is wrong.

everest59
06-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Perhaps you can post your kit#, if you don't mind. Or, why don't you send your genetic data to someone trustworthy like Kurd?

Dr_McNinja
06-28-2015, 04:45 PM
Your ASE is 11.51% on ANE k7, how come your SI is that low on harrapa calculator? From my calculations it should be around 22-23% looking at your ASE as South Indian component on harrapa is half west eurasian.

I agree with DMXX, can you post the screenshot of results?That doesn't always correlate. Sometimes it can be more or less than double. For HRP0370/HRP0286 it's less than double (9.1-9.5% K7 ASE and ~15% HAP S-Indian).

Here's a probably Pashtun or Tajik (or Pashtun-Tajik mix) user on gedmatch who has 11.70% ASE: M026581 and their HAP S-Indian is 15.66%. This user also has 27.26% ANE so is quite similar to the numbers Barnacle posted, except they have 10% WHG and 47% ENF.

(Edit: FWIW, this user is L3/L1c-M357 paternal and J1b1b1 maternal)

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 06:52 PM
This is impossible and I question your claims here; no calculator has ever produced a "negative" result for anyone at any point in time. In my several years of using GEDmatch and DIYDodecad or viewing other member's results, not once have I seen anything like that. The "stock" calculator Dienekes designed in R (which nearly all of the subsequent ones run off) is calibrated to be within the 0-100% range.

At this point, I kindly request a screenshot of your GEDmatch results. Some things aren't adding up here (e.g. on top of this "negative percentage" thing, I've re-ran my own results using these calculators just now and compared with previously posted results and they aren't changing at all, but yours apparently are).

Based on Y-SNP's, not that I'm aware of. For Y-STRs, however, we're spoiled for choice. I've always favoured Urasin's Y-Predictor. The others aren't as good at discriminating between less frequent haplogroups/subclades.

That was a typo man! I meant below 1 lol it was an honest mistake

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 06:55 PM

Oh no I just didn't include the other percentages below 1 for my k23, I upload it but it's still bugging bro. At times it Doesbt even let me login, it says error and a code

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 06:56 PM

I can't as I'm using my laptop now, I really don't know , and tbh I just checked, HRP02821 is 20% South Indian and 13. Something ASE on K7. So how is that wrong?

Rukha is 10. Something % on K7 and he's got 15.6 % SI on Harappa.

I thought it's 60% Western Eurasian. And 40% ASI?

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 07:02 PM
That doesn't always correlate. Sometimes it can be more or less than double. For HRP0370/HRP0286 it's less than double (9.1-9.5% K7 ASE and ~15% HAP S-Indian).

Here's a probably Pashtun or Tajik (or Pashtun-Tajik mix) user on gedmatch who has 11.70% ASE: M026581 and their HAP S-Indian is 15.66%. This user also has 27.26% ANE so is quite similar to the numbers Barnacle posted, except they have 10% WHG and 47% ENF.

Im suprised my ENF is so high given my ancestry is mainly from the East. Thank you for the explanation!

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 07:11 PM
That doesn't always correlate. Sometimes it can be more or less than double. For HRP0370/HRP0286 it's less than double (9.1-9.5% K7 ASE and ~15% HAP S-Indian).

Oh and the guy M026581 is a kandahari btw however he doesn't know which tribe etc

pegasus
06-28-2015, 07:17 PM

The Baloch component has some hidden ASE.
Velvet who is a full Laghmani, has 22% SI and was approx 14% ASE.

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 07:24 PM
The Baloch component has some hidden ASE.
Velvet who is a full Laghmani, has 22% SI and was approx 14% ASE.

It could be the other way round as we'll tbh, maybe the ASE has some hidden baloch? He was 13.85% I believe.

VelvetNono
06-28-2015, 07:35 PM
Pretty interesting results. I can't believe we're distant cousins. Lol. I expected your Euro ancestry to be higher (based on your pictures) but it's almost the same as mine (except mine is a bit higher in most charts).

pegasus
06-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Baloch is a blend of ANE, ENF and some ASE. ASE is a much older ancestral component than Baloch. So Baloch cannot be hidden in ASE.

Yes 13.85% was the score, I approximated it to 14%.

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Pretty interesting results. I can't believe we're distant cousins. Lol. I expected your Euro ancestry to be higher (based on your pictures) but it's almost the same as mine (except mine is a bit higher in most charts).

we must be cousins man! your number 1 on my list, the afghan guy results i posted is also there, so is HRP0281, HRP0286 and and seins kandahari friend. phenotype doesnt correlate with genotype, however i score high east med rather than east euro or northern euro. i also think my east eurasian when into my south asian.

pegasus
06-28-2015, 07:46 PM

You finally posted lol

The Barnacle
06-28-2015, 07:48 PM
You finally posted lol

i got him to post ahaahhahahah

surbakhunWeesste
06-28-2015, 07:49 PM
You should Post your 23 and me results as well. Probably screen shots just to be on the safe side.

VelvetNono
06-28-2015, 07:51 PM
You finally posted lol

Yeah, Lol. I finally decided to post after quite some time. The reason why I was reluctant to post was because some people here were arguing over my ancestry. I didn't want to get into any of that controversy. I'll post my results in this site (and hopefully it will get added to the database) along with some new charts. I'm also going to take the AncestryDNA test as well. I'm waiting for my sample to arrive soon.

surbakhunWeesste
06-28-2015, 07:55 PM
Yeah, Lol. I finally decided to post after quite some time. The reason why I was reluctant to post was because some people here were arguing over my ancestry. I didn't want to get into any of that controversy. I'll post my results in this site (and hopefully it will get added to the database) along with some new charts. I'm also going to take the AncestryDNA test as well. I'm waiting for my sample to arrive soon.

Yup, you you are special, hum watan-e-aziz + some Sub Continental ancestry.

Dr_McNinja
06-29-2015, 01:47 AM
Oh and the guy M026581 is a kandahari btw however he doesn't know which tribe etc
Interesting. I wonder if that represents part of a small WHG peak in that part of Afghanistan because 10% is up there.

There's another kit that recently appeared (looks to be a relative of Adam) which has 10% WHG and 12.81% ASE (and over 4% East Eurasian). M942770. I think that must be part Tajik though? In order to bring that WHG up to 10, if their one parent was similar to Adam, the other would have had like 13-15% WHG.

Arslan
06-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Could you please post screenshots of your 23andMe results (e.g. ancestry composition) and the results of the Dodecad K12b test with pie chart. Also the Oracle please.

Kaido
06-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Interesting. I wonder if that represents part of a small WHG peak in that part of Afghanistan because 10% is up there.

There's another kit that recently appeared (looks to be a relative of Adam) which has 10% WHG and 12.81% ASE (and over 4% East Eurasian). M942770. I think that must be part Tajik though? In order to bring that WHG up to 10, if their one parent was similar to Adam, the other would have had like 13-15% WHG.

Yep, M924770 is my cousin.

Rukha
07-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Could you post some of your oracle results? It would be nice to compare them to the other Afghan users on here.

One would expect your Harappa South Indian score to be higher based on your South Asian score on 23andme. The two seem to be connected from my observations (and Sein's). Velvet and AdamYZ score in the 70s as well and they get 22% and 25% SI respectively on Harappa.

The Barnacle
07-01-2015, 10:33 PM
Could you post some of your oracle results? It would be nice to compare them to the other Afghan users on here.

One would expect your Harappa South Indian score to be higher based on your South Asian score on 23andme. The two seem to be connected from my observations (and Sein's). Velvet and AdamYZ score in the 70s as well and they get 22% and 25% SI respectively on Harappa.
your spot on, but in my case i dont think the AC is accurate. on the harappa i get a bit above 18%( i think 18.43?) and on other calculators i get 4-5% lower south asian than Velvet. the south asian reference includes afghans right? im guessing my most of my ancesral breakdown went into south asian, compared to harappa or eurogenes.

Arslan
07-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Why don't you just post these things, screenshots and Oracles, instead of evading the questions all the time?

The Barnacle
07-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Why don't you just post these things, screenshots and Oracles, instead of evading the questions all the time?

i cant because im on the laptop! i just posted my country of ancestry on the 23andme thread, its unfortunate you dont believe me.

The Barnacle
07-01-2015, 11:38 PM
my k13 oracle

Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

# Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
1 70.1% Pathan + 29.9% Kumyk @ 3.27
2 70.4% Pathan + 29.6% Lezgin @ 3.66
3 80.1% Afghan_Pashtun + 19.9% Kurdish @ 3.7
4 73.7% Pathan + 26.3% Iranian @ 4.07
5 69.7% Sindhi + 30.3% Tabassaran @ 4.07
6 83.9% Pathan + 16.1% Armenian @ 4.08
7 70.8% Sindhi + 29.2% Chechen @ 4.15
8 71.5% Sindhi + 28.5% Adygei @ 4.18
9 81% Pathan + 19% Azeri @ 4.24
10 60.1% Kurdish + 39.9% Sindhi @ 4.29
11 82.8% Pathan + 17.2% Georgian @ 4.31
12 70.1% Pathan + 29.9% Kurdish @ 4.31
13 83.2% Pathan + 16.8% Abhkasian @ 4.35
14 56.9% Lezgin + 43.1% Velamas @ 4.41
15 69.5% Sindhi + 30.5% Azeri @ 4.44
16 84.8% Pathan + 15.2% Georgian_Jewish @ 4.48
17 71.8% Pathan + 28.2% Kabardin @ 4.53
18 85.4% Afghan_Pashtun + 14.6% Assyrian @ 4.58
19 72.2% Pathan + 27.8% Balkar @ 4.6
20 72.4% Pathan + 27.6% North_Ossetian @ 4.63

never really understood these oracles

Dr_McNinja
07-02-2015, 12:23 AM

'Afghan Pashtun' (who should just change his 23andMe name to 'Sein's Friend') has ~63-64% South Asian on 23andMe and 17.x% in Harappa (and 11.75% ASE on K7). Sein has ~84% on 23andMe and 21.6% on Harappa and ~13.6% ASE on K7, so there's some variance.

There's another Afghan who's ~65% on 23andMe and 20.88% on Harappa and ~11.8% on K7. This person has a lot of East Eurasian though (over 11% on K7), so that's probably boosting the HAP S-Indian a little bit (and their HAP Baloch is low, in the 32% range).

Barnacle, can you post your Harappa Oracle?

surbakhunWeesste
07-02-2015, 12:40 AM
my k13 oracle

That's weird on the set how it's an odd man out. Bachem, your results are really interesting. Post more oracles please.

jesus
07-02-2015, 12:45 AM
my k13 oracle

Can you post your 4-ancestor oracle ?

Rukha
07-02-2015, 12:56 AM
'Afghan Pashtun' (who should just change his 23andMe name to 'Sein's Friend') has ~63-64% South Asian on 23andMe and 17.x% in Harappa (and 11.75% ASE on K7). Sein has ~84% on 23andMe and 21.6% on Harappa and ~13.6% ASE on K7, so there's some variance.

There's another Afghan who's ~65% on 23andMe and 20.88% on Harappa and ~11.8% on K7. This person has a lot of East Eurasian though (over 11% on K7), so that's probably boosting the HAP S-Indian a little bit (and their HAP Baloch is low, in the 32% range).

Barnacle, can you post your Harappa Oracle?

I think the correlation only applies to those tested with the V4 chip. Sein is sharing with more Pashtuns on 23andme so perhaps he can chime in on this. I believe he told me those who score in the 60-65% range on the V4 chip usually get 17-20% SI on Harappa. I'm sharing with an Afghan who's 61.7% South Asian and 17% South Indian on Harappa.

I don't think anyone who's in the 70-75% range on the V4 chip has scored less than 20% SI on Harappa up to this point. Perhaps Barnacle is a unique exception.

Sein
07-02-2015, 01:04 AM
I think the correlation only applies to those tested with the V4 chip. Sein is sharing with more Pashtuns on 23andme so perhaps he can chime in on this. I believe he told me those who score in the 60-65% range on the V4 chip usually get 17-20% SI on Harappa. I'm sharing with an Afghan who's 61.7% South Asian and 17% South Indian on Harappa.

I don't think anyone who's in the 70-75% range on the V4 chip has scored less than 20% SI on Harappa up to this point. Perhaps Barnacle is a unique exception.

Based on my shares, Afghans/Pashtuns with 70%-75% South Asian on AC never score less than 20% SI on "HAP World". My AC is weird (I'm 84% South Asian), because my results are phased, using my mother's data, and my mother is much more South Asian-shifted than myself. Before I had myself phased with my mom's kit, I was 75% South Asian on AC, so pretty close to Barnacle.

The Barnacle
07-02-2015, 01:05 AM
That's weird on the set how it's an odd man out. Bachem, your results are really interesting. Post more oracles please.

I just did my sahour I'll do it tmwr after work. I Checked the metspalu Pashtuns East med and they get 7%, i score 14%?( I always get confused). My other oracles are similar, some vary but most are usually afghan pashtun 85-90% + a near eastern population or pathan+ Caucasus depending on the calculator.

Sapporo
07-02-2015, 05:47 AM
i cant because im on the laptop! i just posted my country of ancestry on the 23andme thread, its unfortunate you dont believe me.

Not on the laptop you mean? Otherwise, anyone can take screenshots on a laptop. Don't need a desktop.

Anyways, do you mind posting your MDLP World and MDLP K22 + their oracles? Thank you in advance. :)

Dr_McNinja
07-02-2015, 07:09 AM
If Windows laptop:

To take a screenshot: Hit the 'Print Screen' button. If you're on a laptop, you might need to press and hold the Function button while doing so since Print Screen may be on a key serving dual use. That would be the case if Print Screen is in blue lettering while the other text is in white (indicating you have to press Function, sometimes abbreviated as 'Fn', to use the blue lettered function).

Then open MS Paint (just type 'Paint' into the search bar in Windows' Start Menu). Then hit CTRL+V or click 'Paste'. The screenshot should show up in there. Then just save it (preferably to .PNG format).

You can upload the file to imgur.com, it's a free image sharing service.

Sapporo
07-02-2015, 07:45 AM
If you are using Mac OSx on a macbook, to take a screenshot,

Take a screenshot of your whole screen
Press Command (⌘)-Shift-3.
Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.

Take a screenshot of part of your screen
Press Command (⌘)-Shift-4. You'll see that your cursor changes to a crosshair pointer.
Move the crosshair pointer to where you want to start the screenshot.
Drag to select an area. To adjust the area, hold Shift, Option, or the Space bar while you drag.

pegasus
07-03-2015, 03:13 AM

Unique being the operative word. Maybe its possible :)

surbakhunWeesste
07-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Barnacle you should re-run your results and perhaps ask someone else to run your data. If you do not wanna send raw data you can always provide your kit number once you upload your data on gedmatch.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 02:46 PM
Barnacle you should re-run your results and perhaps ask someone else to run your data. If you do not wanna send raw data you can always provide your kit number once you upload your data on gedmatch.

surbakhunWeesste
07-03-2015, 02:56 PM
I can run it for you. It happens, Machine is man made. Zip the file and send it to my email. I can take screenshots for you and send it back to you.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Yes, I can run it for you. It happens, Machine is man made. Zip the file and send it to my email. I can take screenshots for you and send it back to you.

Okay thanks :)

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 03:12 PM
while thats happening here are my k8, k7 and k27 results
mine

----------------------------
FINAL ADMIXTURE PROPORTIONS:
----------------------------

1.63% Amerindian
2.07% Siberian
12.80% Euro_HG
3.34% Oceanian
0.68% Sub-Saharan
7.26% Southeast_Asian
23.47% LBK
48.74% South-Central_Asian

CPU time = 22.09 sec

K7
1.07% Sub-Saharan
5.32% Oceanian
4.35% Amerindian
22.73% Euro_HG
5.59% Siberian
6.91% Southeast_Asian
54.03% Near_Eastern

0.08% Nilotic-Omotic
21.90% Ancestral-South-Indi
9.27% North-European-Balti
2.25% Uralic
0.68% Australo-Melanesian
0.17% East-Siberean
0.00% Ancestral-Yayoi
13.46% Caucasian-Near-Easte
2.46% Tibeto-Burman
0.00% Austronesian
0.66% Central-African-Pygm
0.18% Central-African-Hunt
0.00% Nilo-Saharian
0.33% North-African
31.64% Gedrosia-Caucasian
0.24% Cushitic
0.00% Congo-Pygmean
0.69% Bushmen
0.01% South-Meso-Amerindia
2.54% South-West-European
1.12% North-Amerindian
3.33% Arabic
1.84% North-Circumpolar
7.13% Kalash
0.00% Papuan-Australian
0.00% Baltic-Finnic
0.00% Bantu

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 04:54 PM

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Thanks to zahra here my official results! she ran my data a couple of times to ensure it was legit on her laptop, my results have changed a little but not by much. my 23andme results makes sense now.

ANE K7

http://i57.tinypic.com/o5ukas.png

Dodecad k12b

http://i62.tinypic.com/2crauqg.png

EU test
http://i60.tinypic.com/2la5zxe.png

Harappa

http://i60.tinypic.com/68huuo.jpg

Eurogenes K13
http://i62.tinypic.com/2ms0a3b.png

Eurogenes V2 K15
http://i62.tinypic.com/v2wa35.png

MDLP 22

http://i59.tinypic.com/hv9wu1.png

MDLP WORLD
http://i59.tinypic.com/2en422e.png

MDLP K23B

http://i59.tinypic.com/nx4yts.png

Sein
07-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Thanks to zahra here my official results! she ran my data a couple of times to ensure it was legit on her laptop, my results have changed a little but not by much. my 23andme results makes sense now.

ANE K7

Dodecad k12b

EU test

Harappa

Eurogenes K13

Eurogenes V2 K15

MDLP 22

MDLP WORLD

MDLP K23B

Okay bro, based on these results, you are basically identical to the HGDP Pashtuns, and fit right in among Pakistani Pashtuns + Afghan Pashtuns from eastern Afghanistan (Laghman, Kunar, Nangarhar, etc). This was also the case with the previous results you posted, but you were on "edge" of variation for eastern Afghanistan + FATA/KPK (which I assumed was due to your substantial, if not predominant, Tajik heritage). Not anymore though.

My HarappaWorld results for comparison:

Baloch=36.41%
S-Indian=21.61%
Caucasian=18.67%
NE-Euro=11.51%
SW-Asian=4.08%
Siberian=2.06%
Beringian=1.7%
NE-Asian=1.53%
American=1.32%
Papuan=1.1%

We are quite similar, but I have higher Baloch, NE Euro, SW Asian, and Native American-Siberian-Northeast Asian percentages (I guess I have higher Turkic-affiliated admixture), and lower South Indian, lower Caucasian, and no Med. You also have a very minor African-like signal that tends to appear in a lot of Afghan results (I don't know where this comes from).

Also, you are very similar to Adam, who is a Yusufzai from Swat (he has comparable Caucasian, Med, and Baloch percentages).

Since, if I'm not mistaken, you are predominately Tajik, I think this indicates that some Afghan Tajiks are very similar to Pakistani Pashtuns + eastern Afghan Pashtuns.

Edit: It would be nice to see your Oracle results.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Okay bro, based on these results, you are basically identical to the HGDP Pashtuns, and fit right in among Pakistani Pashtuns + Afghan Pashtuns from eastern Afghanistan (Laghman, Kunar, Nangarhar, etc). This was also the case with the previous results you posted, but you were on "edge" of variation for eastern Afghanistan + FATA/KPK. Not anymore though.

My HarappaWorld results for comparison:

Baloch=36.41%
S-Indian=21.61%
Caucasian=18.67%
NE-Euro=11.51%
SW-Asian=4.08%
Siberian=2.06%
Beringian=1.7%
NE-Asian=1.53%
American=1.32%
Papuan=1.1%

We are quite similar, but I have higher Baloch, NE Euro, SW Asian, and Native American-Siberian-Northeast Asian percentages (I guess I have higher Turkic-affiliated admixture), and lower South Indian, lower Caucasian, and no Med. You also have a very minor African-like signal that tends to appear in a lot of Afghan results (I don't know where this comes from).

Also, you are very similar to Adam, who is a Yusufzai from Swat (he has comparable Caucasian, Med, and Baloch percentages).

Edit: It would be nice to see your Oracle results.

identical? not really but similar yes, i have lower south asian than HGDP pashtuns and also higher SW asian and Med( my med and sw asian scores in most calculators are higher or the same as durrani pashtuns from kandahar. youve got lower south indian on harappa but ive seen your k7, dont you score 13.""%? i score 12.5%, and your kandahar friend scores 11.""% and hes 17% south indian.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 06:27 PM
on the k15, HRP0370 scores 8.81% east med, your kandahari friend( my relative) scores 9.51%, HRP0281(eastern pashtun) scores 5.49%, pashtun individual with distant kashmiri ancestry scores 3.46%, and i score 11.83%.

Sein your ASE is 13.67% with 20% south indian i think, your kandahari friend is 11.76% ASE and 17.17% south indian. Velevt ios 13.85% ASE with 22.22% south indian, and HRP0281 is 13.49% ASE with 20.60% south indian. has my harappa scores inflated my south indian, because judging by this i should be around 18-19% south indian.

Sein
07-03-2015, 06:28 PM
identical? not really but similar yes, i have lower south asian than HGDP pashtuns and also higher SW asian and Med( my med and sw asian scores in most calculators are higher or the same as durrani pashtuns from kandahar. youve got lower south indian on harappa but ive seen your k7, dont you score 13.""%? i score 12.5%, and your kandahar friend scores 11.""% and hes 17% south indian.

They are 23%, while you are 22%, which is far from being a real difference. And they would actually average out to 21%, if 4 Punjabi-like outliers aren't included in the average. Their SW-Asian is about the same as yours (you have to remember that you have been tested under different conditions. In an actual ADMIXTURE run, the minor differences are going to only decrease). The "Med" affinity is the real difference.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 06:36 PM
They are 23%, while you are 22%, which is far from being a real difference. And they would actually average out to 21%, if 4 Punjabi-like outliers aren't included in the average. Their SW-Asian is about the same as yours (you have to remember that you have been tested under different conditions. In an actual ADMIXTURE run, the minor differences are going to only decrease). The "Med" affinity is the real difference.

true, however in the actual run shouldnt my SW asian and med go higher to 4% and 3% respectivley? i prefer eurogenes than any other calculator imo

Kurd
07-03-2015, 06:51 PM

ANE K7

Dodecad k12b

EU test

Harappa

Eurogenes K13

Eurogenes V2 K15

MDLP 22

MDLP WORLD

MDLP K23B

What percentage Herati ancestry do you have? I thought you had previously mentioned that you have Herati ancestry :confused:

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 06:54 PM
What percentage Herati ancestry do you have? I thought you had previously mentioned that you have Herati ancestry :confused:

herati? never mentioned herati, however my grandmother was most likley a qizilbash from kandahar. rest of my ancestry is from kabul, laghman and paktika.

Coldmountains
07-03-2015, 07:01 PM
herati? never mentioned herati, however my grandmother was most likley a qizilbash from kandahar. rest of my ancestry is from kabul, laghman and paktika.

You look like the exact copy of a Pashtun friend of mine who is from Paktia. Quite cool genetic results you have also and if we had more samples from eastern Tajiks of Panjshir, Parwan, Laghman and other east Afghan areas populated by Tajiks we would clearly see that Tajiks and Pashtuns there are very close genetically if not almost identical except of the Tajiks with more exotic ancestry.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 07:06 PM
You look like the exact copy of a Pashtun friend of mine who is from Paktia. Quite cool results you have and if we had more samples from eastern Tajiks of Panjshir, Parwan, Laghman and other east Afghan areas populated by Tajiks we would clearly see that Tajiks and Pashtuns there are very close genetically if not almost identical except of the Tajiks with more exotic ancestry.

cool, try and pm his pic :).

the ironic bit is im directly quarter tajik yet i dont score similar percentages to them, i completley lack east eurasian admixture, heck even durrani kandaharis have more EE than me! my east med score is also on par or higher than western shifted kandaharis even when im 75% eastern afghan. that could be explained by my grandmother who was a shia persian kandahari, yet on the dna relative list im only sharing with only 1 kandahari, that could mean my grandmother was not that related to other kandaharis given their religious status etc.

Kurd
07-03-2015, 07:10 PM
You look like the exact copy of a Pashtun friend of mine who is from Paktia. Quite cool genetic results you have also and if we had more samples from eastern Tajiks of Panjshir, Parwan, Laghman and other east Afghan areas populated by Tajiks we would clearly see that Tajiks and Pashtuns there are very close genetically if not almost identical except of the Tajiks with more exotic ancestry.

If I did not know him, my first guess would have been the area of Turkey, Syria, and maybe Iran :)

pegasus
07-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Nice results , your results are so similar to Velvet's , you have must have some common ancestry in the recent past.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 07:15 PM
If I did not know him, my first guess would have been the area of Turkey, Syria, and maybe Iran :)

qizilbash link im guessing ;)

my syrian gf thought i was turkish or syrian, when i went turkey i got spoken in turkish all the time, they gave me weird looks when i spoke in a thick english accent looking confused

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Nice results , your results are so similar to Velvet's , you have must have some common ancestry in the recent past.

yep, hes my no 1 dna relative list on 23andme and GEDmatch. were certainly recently related since laghman is a small rural province. the big diffrence between me and him is my elevated med score and euro score whereas hes got more west asian or gedrosian. my south asian on most calculators are lower.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 07:34 PM
heres a qizilbash results from kabul + 1/8 direct iranian ancestry if you minus 75% of his ancestry and add 75% eastern afghan( kabul, laghman, 1/8 yusufzai and paktika) i guess you would get me.

EU test V2K15
# Population Percent
1 West_Asian 28.35
2 South_Asian 25.01
3 East_Med 16.17
4 Eastern_Euro 13.98
5 North_Sea 6.65
6 Siberian 5.25
7 Southeast_Asian 3.45
8 Amerindian 0.7
9 West_Med 0.37
10 Northeast_African 0.08

# Population Percent
1 South_Asian 35.19
2 West_Asian 30.94
3 East_Med 11.83
4 Eastern_Euro 10.34
5 North_Sea 7.62
6 Amerindian 2.05
7 Siberian 1.08
8 Baltic 0.57
9 Sub-Saharan 0.38

Dr_McNinja
07-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Cool, I added you to my MDLP-22, Eurogenes K15 and K7, and Harappa sheets for comparison.

I didn't know where to put you in the K7 (I can only vary the sort on one dimension, west-east, but clearly there's variance north-south as well). Everyone except you and Rukha were ordered by WHG so I put Rukha on the other side of the Pashtun to represent his Tajik ancestry, I put you between HRP0370/HRP0286 and the other Pashtun since that seems like a good fit for your ANE/ASE/ENF.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Cool, I added you to my MDLP-22, Eurogenes K15 and K7, and Harappa sheets for comparison.

I didn't know where to put you in the K7. Everyone except you and Rukha were ordered by WHG so I put Rukha on the other side of the Pashtun to represent his Tajik ancestry, I put you between HRP0370/HRP0286 and the other Pashtun since that seems like a good fit for your ANE/ASE/ENF.

thank you Dr!!

Dr_McNinja
07-03-2015, 07:46 PM
I know this is your thread but, are any of our resident Afghans able to identify any of these Gedmatch kits and their backgrounds so I can include them on my sheets?

M942770
M026581
M377634
A193269

And also any other Gedmatch kits you may know of, along with their respective ethnic groupings? (e.g, Tajik, Pashtun, or northeast Afghanistan, south Afghanistan, etc)

I only want to include kits whose ethnic backgrounds can be identified.

EDIT: And if you know tribes/surnames (for Pashtun), origin locations (for Tajik) and haplogroups, I can add them to my haplogroup sheet as well.

EDIT: One more: M644395 this one is new

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 07:54 PM
I know this is your thread but, are any of our resident Afghans able to identify any of these Gedmatch kits and their backgrounds so I can include them on my sheets?

M942770
M026581
M377634
A193269

And also any other Gedmatch kits you may know of, along with their respective ethnic groupings? (e.g, Tajik, Pashtun, or northeast Afghanistan, south Afghanistan, etc)

I only want to include kits whose ethnic backgrounds can be identified.

sure, M26581 is a kandahari although he doesnt know which tribe etc, A193269 is an afghan although im unsure which region etc, his surname i think is miskinyar. A869372 is a qizilbash from kabul with 1/8 direct iranian ancestry, also add M644395, hes an afghan as well. here is his k15

# Population Percent
1 West_Asian 29.24
2 South_Asian 28.19
3 Eastern_Euro 16.64
4 East_Med 11.51
5 Atlantic 7.07
6 Baltic 2.1
7 Amerindian 1.58
8 Siberian 1.28
9 Sub-Saharan 0.99
10 Red_Sea 0.87
11 North_Sea 0.53

interestingly he scores 5% sw asian and 2% med yet his east med is still lower than mine, how come?

Rukha
07-03-2015, 08:08 PM
M644395 is my newest relative. He is a full Pashtun and told me that his father is from Kabul (Sahak tribe) and his mother is from Logar (Ahmadzai).

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 08:10 PM
M644395 is from logar! hes an eastern pashtun.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 08:11 PM
M644395 is my newest relative. He is a full Pashtun and told me that his father is from Kabul (Sahak tribe) and his mother is from Logar (Ahmadzai).

he just emailed me saying both parents from logar?

pegasus
07-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Your slightly more Med shifted, overall Velvet and you could easily be hypothetical first cousins.
Eventhough both you and Velvet come from mixed Tajik/Pashtun families, one would think based of your results both sides of your family are endogamous Pashtuns. I guess the Tajiks and Pashtuns come from the exact stock in Laghman. The results are consistent with those of HGDP Pashtuns who live nearby.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Your slightly more Med shifted, overall Velvet and you could easily be hypothetical first cousins.
Eventhough both you and Velvet come from mixed Tajik/Pashtun families, one would think based of your results both sides of your family are endogamous Pashtuns. I guess the Tajiks and Pashtuns come from the exact stock in Laghman. The results are consistent with those of HGDP Pashtuns who live nearby.

not first cousins however 23andme calculated 3rd cousins. siblings get different admixture results even though they come from the same exact identical stock let alone cousins, so you cannot determine a relationship based on admixture. HGDP pathans also score much higher baloch and their caucasian goes down as much as 13%.

the way to determine if two individuals are related is too see if they share a segment. i share 2 segments with velvet along with another laghmani.

Rukha
07-03-2015, 08:24 PM
he just emailed me saying both parents from logar?

I dunno, he only told me that his mother is from Logar.

Your ENF is pretty high on ANE K7, would be interesting to see your K8 results. Could you post your MDLP K23b oracle?

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 08:35 PM
I dunno, he only told me that his mother is from Logar.

Your ENF is pretty high on ANE K7, would be interesting to see your K8 results. Could you post your MDLP K23b oracle?
Using 1 population approximation:
1 Pakistani_Pushtun @ 6.118839
2 Afghan_Pushtun @ 9.834200
3 Pathan @ 10.116979
4 Pashtun_Afghani @ 11.725061
5 Jatt_Pahari @ 12.681635
6 Jatt_Haryana @ 14.431416
7 Parsi @ 14.460284
8 Burusho @ 15.331016
9 Punjabi_Gujjar @ 15.766773
10 Tajik_Pomiri_Ishkashim @ 16.148767
11 Mumbai_Jew @ 17.399292
12 Jatt_Muslim @ 18.109013
13 Uzbek_Afghan @ 18.294676
14 Tajik_Afghan @ 18.586515
15 Sindhi @ 18.865437
16 Pakistani @ 19.194014
17 Cochin_Jew @ 19.588488
18 GujaratiA_GIH @ 19.964087
19 Tajik_Pomiri_Shugnan @ 20.090187
20 Tajik_Pomiri_Rushan @ 20.632071

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 08:49 PM
there must be a reason why mine and velvets south asian is compartivlely high. he said his father had pashai admixture( dardic afghans) and im pretty sure my father said his family lived in a pashayi village. the logar individual is eastern pashtun and his south asian is the same as kandahari durranis, so what is it?

surbakhunWeesste
07-03-2015, 08:54 PM
there must be a reason why mine and velvets south asian is compartivlely high. he said his father had pashai admixture( dardic afghans) and im pretty sure my father said his family lived in a pashayi village. the logar individual is eastern pashtun and his south asian is the same as kandahari durranis, so what is it?

Do you think your direct ancestors were busy Pashtunifying dardics as Indics?

Sein
07-03-2015, 08:54 PM

Logari Pashtuns aren't eastern Pashtuns, as Logar is Ghilji territory, with cultural affinities to their south and west, not to their north and east. When I say "eastern Pashtuns", I always mean the Karlani, the northern Sarbani, the northern Gharghakt, and the eastern Batani. "Western Pashtuns" are the southern Sarbani, the southern Gharghast, and the Ghilji (most of them, at least).

Although, some Ghilji are like eastern Pashtuns. HRP0281 is a Laghmani Ghilji, and his HarappaWorld results are basically identical to my own.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Do you think your direct ancestors were busy Pashtunifying dardics as Indics?

huh? i dont understand lol

surbakhunWeesste
07-03-2015, 08:57 PM
huh? i dont understand lol

Your ancestors perhaps married indic and dardic people Pashtunifying or tajikifying them, do you think that could be true?

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Your ancestors perhaps married indic and dardic people Pashtunifying or tajikifying them, do you think that could be true?

not indic as there are no indics in afghanistan etc but dardics yes im pretty sure. i mean my father said his village name was literally "pashayi", you could probably guess some intermarriages occured here and there.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 09:04 PM
here are the logaris harappa and ANE K7

# Population Percent
1 Baloch 35.12
2 Caucasian 19.43
3 NE-Euro 15.33
4 S-Indian 15.29
5 SW-Asian 5.28
6 Mediterranean 2.77
7 Siberian 2.51
8 NE-Asian 1.72
9 American 1.33
10 Beringian 0.78
11 W-African 0.34
12 Papuan 0.09

Population
ANE 27.89%
ASE 9.47%
WHG-UHG 11.10%
East_Eurasian 3.08%
West_African -
East_African 2.25%
ENF 46.21%

heres the qizilbash + 1/8 iranian ANE k7
Population
ANE 24.66%
ASE 9.52%
WHG-UHG 7.80%
East_Eurasian 8.74%
West_African 0.45%
East_African 0.70%
ENF 48.13%

i have higher ENF than both and lower ANE than the logari, my ASE is 12.5%, my harappa south indian should be 18-19% judging by this.

Rukha
07-03-2015, 09:05 PM

It could be some sort of Dardic ancestry. I have a relative who is half Tajik (Shamali + Panjshiri) and half American of European descent. His results suggest that his Tajik father is around 18-19% South Indian.

I'm basically half eastern Pashtun (Wardakis are Karlani and expanded to Wardak in the 17th century) and half Panjshiri but my SI is lower and I score elevated Amerindian+NE Euro like Pamiris so I dunno. I'll look to get one of my parents tested soon, hopefully they are receptive to it and don't tell me to stop wasting my money :biggrin1:

Sein, have you seen the results of any Pashtuns from Wardak? I have a few Wardaki relatives but they never responded to my sharing requests.

Sein
07-03-2015, 09:06 PM
For what it's worth, Elphinstone claimed that the Safi were "obviously" heavily admixed Nuristani and Pashayi people, since many of them have light hair and light eyes, and since most of them have a tendency towards lighter skin tone.

Sir Aurel Stein made similar observations concerning the Afridi of Tirah, as he claimed that they show admixture with a "Nordic" (lol) physical element that is "lacking among the more Semetic Afghans".

In my view, all of this is just fuzzy speculation. The Safi (and Afridi) are exceedingly endogamous people, and are rather culturally conservative. "Lighter" features simply occur across South Central Asia due to drift.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 09:06 PM
It could be some sort of Dardic ancestry. I have a relative who is half Tajik (Shamali + Panjshiri) and half American of European descent. His results suggest that his Tajik father is around 18-19% South Indian.

I'm basically half eastern Pashtun (Wardakis are Karlani and expanded to Wardak in the 17th century) and half Panjshiri but my SI is lower and I score elevated Amerindian+NE Euro likes Pamiris so I dunno. I'll look to get one of my parents tested soon, hopefully they are receptive to it and don't tell me to stop wasting my money :biggrin1:

Sein, have you seen the results of any Pashtuns from Wardak? I have a few Wardaki relatives but they never responded to my sharing requests.

panjshiris ARE shamali lool, but you mean charikar i guess? they are hardcore tajiks and can be very light.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 09:07 PM
For what it's worth, Elphinstone claimed that the Safi were "obviously" heavily admixed Nuristani and Pashayi people, since many of them have light hair and light eyes, and since most of them have a tendency towards lighter skin tone.

Sir Aurel Stein made similar observations concerning the Afridi of Tirah, as he claimed that they show admixture with a "Nordic" (lol) physical element that is "lacking among the more Semetic Afghans".

In my view, all of this is just fuzzy speculation. The Safi (and Afridi) are exceedingly endogamous people, and are rather culturally conservative. "Lighter" features simply occur across South Central Asia due to drift.

sein i need to ask my grandfather about his yusufzai mother, i wont be suprised if she came from the other side of the durrand line.

Sein
07-03-2015, 09:08 PM

I'm basically half eastern Pashtun (Wardakis are Karlani and expanded to Wardak in the 17th century) and half Panjshiri but my SI is lower and I score elevated Amerindian+NE Euro likes Pamiris so I dunno. I'll look to get one of my parents tested soon, hopefully they are receptive to it and don't tell me to stop wasting my money :biggrin1:

I've seen results for three Wardaki individuals, I'll pm you their 23andMe handles.

Rukha
07-03-2015, 09:08 PM
panjshiris ARE shamali lool, but you mean charikar i guess? they are hardcore tajiks and can be very light.

Yes, somewhere around north of Kabul. He could be full Panjshiri though, there are Pashais and Nuristanis living in Panjsher too.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 09:10 PM
Yes, somewhere around north of Kabul. He could be full Panjshiri though, there are Pashais and Nuristanis living in Panjsher too.

ironically pashayis and nuristanis are pretty light on average.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 09:14 PM
where do you think the qizilbash ancestry shows in my admixture? its been pretty diluted by my other afghan ancestry but im guessing its the presence of early european farmer in k23b which only HRP0370 and HRP0286 have( im pretty sure both have recent qizilbash-like admixture). my ENF is also pretty high along with my east med. the qizilbash are not to different from kandaharis admixture wise.

in addition i have 4 iranian relatives and 2 turkish relatives on 23andme. all the afghans i have on 23andme have 1.

surbakhunWeesste
07-03-2015, 09:24 PM
not indic as there are no indics in afghanistan etc but dardics yes im pretty sure. i mean my father said his village name was literally "pashayi", you could probably guess some intermarriages occured here and there.

Dardics are Indics actually they fall under Indo-Aryan.

Dardic :

Chitral
Kashmiri/Kashur
Kohistani
Kunar
Pashayi
Shina

jesus
07-03-2015, 10:03 PM
here are the logaris harappa and ANE K7

# Population Percent
1 Baloch 35.12
2 Caucasian 19.43
3 NE-Euro 15.33
4 S-Indian 15.29
5 SW-Asian 5.28
6 Mediterranean 2.77
7 Siberian 2.51
8 NE-Asian 1.72
9 American 1.33
10 Beringian 0.78
11 W-African 0.34
12 Papuan 0.09

Population
ANE 27.89%
ASE 9.47%
WHG-UHG 11.10%
East_Eurasian 3.08%
West_African -
East_African 2.25%
ENF 46.21%

heres the qizilbash + 1/8 iranian ANE k7
Population
ANE 24.66%
ASE 9.52%
WHG-UHG 7.80%
East_Eurasian 8.74%
West_African 0.45%
East_African 0.70%
ENF 48.13%

i have higher ENF than both and lower ANE than the logari, my ASE is 12.5%, my harappa south indian should be 18-19% judging by this.

The logari is pretty to similar to Durranis, just higher NE euro and Lower caucasian, SW asian and south Indian are nearly identical with some Durranis.

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 10:05 PM
The logari is pretty to similar to Durranis, just higher NE euro and Lower caucasian, SW asian and south Indian are nearly identical with some Durranis.

Since my ENF is 48.88% do you think that's. Because of my Qizilbash ancestry?

surbakhunWeesste
07-03-2015, 10:38 PM
your inbox is full

The Barnacle
07-03-2015, 11:33 PM

I didn't know where to put you in the K7 (I can only vary the sort on one dimension, west-east, but clearly there's variance north-south as well). Everyone except you and Rukha were ordered by WHG so I put Rukha on the other side of the Pashtun to represent his Tajik ancestry, I put you between HRP0370/HRP0286 and the other Pashtun since that seems like a good fit for your ANE/ASE/ENF.

Could you do my k8 by stimulating it from my k7 please?

Dr_McNinja
07-04-2015, 04:34 AM
Could you do my k8 by stimulating it from my k7 please?
Sorry, no way to do that to my knowledge. Though I'd love to be able to, the K8 is probably the best and most reliable calculator we have. We had to donate $$ to Davidski at Eurogenes to get the K8 run. I'd recommend it, especially if you think your HAP S-Indian is being inflated by more than just ASE. High Oceanian/East Eurasian admixture in K8 would account for that, though K8 is probably mixing something else archaic in with that Oceanian. Nonetheless, there's a bunch of whatever it is in S-Indian because it's got an ancestral/ancient presence in India, especially in the Himalayan regions still. You can see the effects of it a little even in Sein's results, so I'm guessing it might be present in northeastern Afghanistan (Hindu Kush) as well.

"S-Indian" isn't really South Indian, or at least, it doesn't really signify that. It literally represents modern South Indians because they have the most "ancestral" Indian admixture because they have the least Indo-European/Steppe influence. We see it go up again in the far north near the Himalayas. So it's more "ancestral India" than anything, especially with regard to Oceanian. East Eurasian though does peak around the South, East, and Northeast, but it's hard to say whether that's recent or ancient. North/Northeast Indian East Eurasian is probably recent and "legit" East Asian.

It's likely there's branches of archaic Asian admixture like ASI or related to ASI (perhaps something like Ust-Ishim or primitive ANE) present throughout parts of Asia. It's what all that noise is in our results. Until ancient genomes from this region (India and Himalayas/Hindu Kush) are sequenced, we probably won't know what it is.

Mellow
07-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Congrats, first afghan results i've seen:)

The Barnacle
07-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Sorry, no way to do that to my knowledge. Though I'd love to be able to, the K8 is probably the best and most reliable calculator we have. We had to donate $$ to Davidski at Eurogenes to get the K8 run. I'd recommend it, especially if you think your HAP S-Indian is being inflated by more than just ASE. High Oceanian/East Eurasian admixture in K8 would account for that, though K8 is probably mixing something else archaic in with that Oceanian. Nonetheless, there's a bunch of whatever it is in S-Indian because it's got an ancestral/ancient presence in India, especially in the Himalayan regions still. You can see the effects of it a little even in Sein's results, so I'm guessing it might be present in northeastern Afghanistan (Hindu Kush) as well.

"S-Indian" isn't really South Indian, or at least, it doesn't really signify that. It literally represents modern South Indians because they have the most "ancestral" Indian admixture because they have the least Indo-European/Steppe influence. We see it go up again in the far north near the Himalayas. So it's more "ancestral India" than anything, especially with regard to Oceanian. East Eurasian though does peak around the South, East, and Northeast, but it's hard to say whether that's recent or ancient. North/Northeast Indian East Eurasian is probably recent and "legit" East Asian.

It's likely there's branches of archaic Asian admixture like ASI or related to ASI (perhaps something like Ust-Ishim or primitive ANE) present throughout parts of Asia. It's what all that noise is in our results. Until ancient genomes from this region (India and Himalayas/Hindu Kush) are sequenced, we probably won't know what it is.

how do i contact him? might as well do my k8. when i donate 20 quid will he do my k6 as well?

Dr_McNinja
07-04-2015, 02:54 PM
how do i contact him? might as well do my k8. when i donate 20 quid will he do my k6 as well?

eurogenesblog@gmail.com

Yeah I think he'll run you through a bunch of calculators for a crowdfunding donation, you'd have to ask him which.

The Barnacle
07-04-2015, 03:10 PM
eurogenesblog@gmail.com

Yeah I think he'll run you through a bunch of calculators for a crowdfunding donation, you'd have to ask him which.

Do i donate 20 dollars first or?..

The Barnacle
07-04-2015, 03:23 PM
heres a comparison between the qizilbash/iranian individuals eurogenes k12 and k12b with mine
Qizilbash
k12
Population
South Asian 26.93%
Caucasus 37.84%
Southwest Asian 3.33%
North Amerindian + Arctic 0.40%
Siberian 3.70%
Mediterranean 2.76%
East Asian 4.83%
West African 0.12%
Volga-Ural 11.02%
South Baltic -
Western European 1.26%
North Sea 7.80%

K12b

Population
Western European 6.37%
Siberian 4.57%
East African -
West Central Asian 24.37%
South Asian 17.73%
West African 0.26%
Caucasus 24.22%
Finnish 1.63%
Mediterranean 4.24%
Southwest Asian 2.97%
North European 8.08%
East Asian 5.56%

mine k12

Population
South Asian 37.61%
Caucasus 37.32%
Southwest Asian 1.91%
North Amerindian + Arctic 1.37%
Siberian 1.92%
Mediterranean 0.66%
East Asian -
West African 0.26%
Volga-Ural 7.38%
South Baltic 1.90%
Western European 2.64%
North Sea 7.02%

k12b

Population
Western European 7.43%
Siberian 2.97%
East African -
West Central Asian 30.27%
South Asian 25.50%
West African 0.20%
Caucasus 20.16%
Finnish 0.69%
Mediterranean 1.81%
Southwest Asian 2.06%
North European 8.06%
East Asian 0.84%

the main difference between me and him is the extra south asian that i have has gone into his east eurasian components.

Dr_McNinja
07-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Huh.

I just read up on the Qizilbash after adding that person to the spreadsheets. They have a lot of East Eurasian, even some Southeast Asian (the latter could appear as ASE, Barnacle). It seems like the perfect admixture candidate for some of the "foreign" admixture contribution that seems to appear in some North Indian Muslims (like "Mughals").

How many Shi'ite groups like them were in the subcontinent?

Edit: Also, many of the Pakistani Shi'ites whose admixture results I've seen often show signs of mixed ancestry. I always figured it was just Iranian, but they have a bunch of East Asian often too.

The Barnacle
07-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Huh.

I just read up on the Qizilbash after adding that person to the spreadsheets. They have a lot of East Eurasian, even some Southeast Asian (the latter could appear as ASE, Barnacle). It seems like the perfect admixture candidate for some of the "foreign" admixture contribution that seems to appear in some North Indian Muslims (like "Mughals").

How many Shi'ite groups like them were in the subcontinent?

I suppose quit a few since there is a large Shia community in Pakistan and India, rockman being one of them. Although not quite like the qizilbash since I read up on them, and they went as far pakistan( then Afghanistan or part of durrani empire), though not into the subcontinent. Shia groups like nawabs from nishapur is a much better candidate Imo.
As for the individual, he told me both sides of his family call themselves qizilbash, however both of his parents have Tajik admixture, not surprised since they live in such a cosmopolitan city. Funny thing, one of my close friends didn't even know he was qizilbash until I told him, both of his parents were Shia, his mother being half Iranian. seems there has been s influx of recent Persian migrants from further west into Afghanistan.

The east Eurasian among the Shia population of Pakistanis could probably be explained by the Mughals, who were Turkic, so they must've had some East Eurasian admixture. That or hazaras.

Administrator
07-06-2015, 10:37 PM
[ADMIN] Thread closed and member banned due to the following:

- This user posts their 'results (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4555-Barnacles-23andme-result-thread&p=92796&viewfull=1#post92796)' on 26th June

- A staff member (DMXX) posted 'coincidentally' (their words) similar results differing in choice scores (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4555-Barnacles-23andme-result-thread&p=92807&viewfull=1#post92807) on 27th June

- This user denies these results are theirs (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4555-Barnacles-23andme-result-thread&p=92813&viewfull=1#post92813) on 27th June, citing Gedmatch technical problems (for no apparent reason)

- A forum regular (Kurd) observes this user's results are not adding up to 100% (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4555-Barnacles-23andme-result-thread&p=92994&viewfull=1#post92994) despite being Gedmatch generated on 28th June, this user cites Gedmatch technical problems as responsible here too

- A staff member (DMXX) points out growing inconsistencies with this user's accounts (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4555-Barnacles-23andme-result-thread&p=93029&viewfull=1#post93029) on 28th June

- In the ensuing period, this user repeatedly ignores several Gedmatch screenshot requests

- Finally, in July 3rd, this user shares Gedmatch screenshots (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4555-Barnacles-23andme-result-thread&p=94093&viewfull=1#post94093) that are fully identical to those 'coincidental' results posted by DMXX and differ in those choice components with the first set of results

Therefore, this user had initially doctored their original results and repeatedly lied to the community in an attempt to continually justify them. This is an unacceptable abuse of the community's trust and time. We resoundingly consider this a breech of section 4.4 of our Terms of Service (http://www.anthrogenica.com/faq.php).

Let this be a lesson to any users who attempt to mislead the community for personal gain - You will eventually be caught out.