PDA

View Full Version : Turkish yDNA haplogroups based on regions

Afshar
05-29-2015, 09:07 AM
Maybe some of you read the Cinnioglu et al paper, which is the most detailed study so far on the ydna haplogroups of Turkey.
I was curious of Turkish members here, who have tested their yDNA, can identify with the geographical data. I got some figures from KurdishDNA blog made by Palisto (hope he doesnt mind) from the data from this paper. The following link contains the map with the numbers of the regions
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XI1lH-b2Z7A/T4Xb7qI_LCI/AAAAAAAAACk/dEUWpcatslU/s320/Screen+Shot+2012-04-11+at+12.24.52+PM.png

Pictures with better resolution
link (http://kurdishdna.blogspot.nl/2012/04/cinnioglu-et-al-2004.html)
My haplogroup is present in central Anatolia (region 7), altough it is higher in eastern Anatolia.

RCO
05-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Classic article. One of the best already published. Excavating Y-chromosome haplotype strata in Anatolia. They found one J1-M365 in region 4 Eastern Anatolia. A full Y sequence of all the haplotypes in the article would still be extremely important nowadays.

Ashina
06-12-2015, 12:40 AM
R1b from Adana, South-Med coast. No surprises there, R1b seems fairly common in our region.. or actually everywhere in Turkey.

Our mtDNAs are far more interesting. Do you have a map with (regional) Turkish mtDNA results?

Afshar
06-12-2015, 06:49 AM
There is only the data from Mergen et al 2004
I dont know if it is all up to date

Ashina
06-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Wow, M = 20% in Southern Turkey. Makes sense.

can't_lurk_no_mo'
06-12-2015, 12:49 PM
I wish they would just stick to tables. All these colored bar graphs can be a pain in the butt for colorblind people.

Afshar
06-12-2015, 01:21 PM
I wish they would just stick to tables. All these colored bar graphs can be a pain in the butt for colorblind people.
Scientists love coloring data

bebb
03-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Teşekkürler.

Caspian
09-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Are all samples ethnic Turk in this study? Isn't there any Kurdish, Circassian, Albanian, Bosniak, Laz sample in this article? Do you know?

Mfa uses East Anatolian and Soth East Anatolian samples as Kurdish on his blog. But Palisto doesn't use.
(I know that a lot of cities in Southeast and East Anatolia actually have Turkish majority f.e. Gaziantep, Malatya, Kahraman Maraş, Elazığ, Erzurum, Kars etc.)

http://corduene.blogspot.com.tr/2015/07/northern-kurds-y-dna-haplogroups.html

Does anyone know ethnic backgrounds of Cinnioglu 2004 samples?

If Cinnioglu used also non-Turkish samples, this study can't show true haplogroup distribution of Anatolian Turks.

MfA
09-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Are all samples ethnic Turk in this study? Isn't there any Kurdish, Circassian, Albanian, Bosniak sample in this article? Do you know?

Mfa uses East Anatolian and Soth East Anatolian samples as Kurdish on his blog. But Palisto doesn't use.

http://corduene.blogspot.com.tr/2015/07/northern-kurds-y-dna-haplogroups.html

Does anyone know ethnic backgrounds of Cinnioglu 2004 samples?

That's not true that I've used all samples from 5 and 9 as Kurdish. Since The region is not fully Kurdish, but predominantly. I used mostly the haplotypes already match with Malyarchuk, Cristofaro, Gokcumen and FTDNA Kurdish samples and only used 1 STR haplotype per region no duplicates. And still have to remove around 30 haplotypes, probably that's equal to more than 40 samples since many haplotypes have more than 1 occurance.

Caspian
09-06-2016, 07:42 PM
That's not true that I've used all samples from 5 and 9 as Kurdish. Since The region is not fully Kurdish, but predominantly. I used mostly the haplotypes already match with Malyarchuk, Cristofaro, Gokcumen and FTDNA Kurdish samples and only used 1 STR haplotype per region no duplicates. And still have to remove around 30 haplotypes, probably that's equal to more than 40 samples since many haplotypes have more than 1 occurance.

If so you don't have certain ethnic information about these samples. You have used haplotype matching method. But I think it is not reliable method, because religion and language shift may have been many times in Eastern Anatolia last 1000 years. For example may have been Islamized Armenians (Turkified and Kurdified Armenians), Turkified Kurdish tribes and Kurdified Turkish tribes. Therefore an Armenian, a Turk and a Kurd can be match on haplotypes.

Did you check haplotype matching between Eastern Anatolian samples and Armenians? If you check it you can find a lot of matching.

Cinnioglu didn't use non-Turkish peoples of Anatolia in his study I guess. Because these results show parallelism with other y-dna results about Anatolian Turks.

This is the first sentence in his study.
"Analysis of 89 biallelic polymorphisms in 523
Turkish Y chromosomes revealed 52 distinct haplotypes
with considerable haplogroup substructure, as exemplified
by their respective levels of accumulated diversity at
ten short tandem repeat (STR) loci. "

Afshar
09-06-2016, 07:59 PM
I contacted him a while ago. He did not provide any ethnic information so everything is possible but nothing for sure.

Anabasis
09-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Cinnioğlu didnt focused on etnisity.he used Turkish as citizen of Turkey Republic.

Gurni
09-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Wow, M = 20% in Southern Turkey. Makes sense.

Why does it make sense?