PDA

View Full Version : Community Poll: Russian language subsection

DMXX
06-14-2015, 07:04 AM
Dear members,

Following some feedback received today regarding a Russian language area in the forum (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4679-RUssian-language-sub-forum-in-International-Area&p=89531), we are keen to determine how many Russian speakers (any competency level) are here and the level of interest among the Anthrogenica community for such a subsection.

Please select the most appropriate option applicable to you. Poll results are private and (obviously) single choice.

([Edit]: Received a PM about a possible accidental "No" vote... If anyone intentionally voted "No", please PM me and I'll correct the poll back, thank you)

DMXX
06-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Bumping this; enhanced preference capture will allow the administrators to arrive at a justified conclusion based on the results.

lgmayka
06-17-2015, 01:41 PM
The most important point is that molgen.org has been down for almost a week, and Russian speakers need someplace else to go. Molgen generously created a forum for English speakers when the old DNA Forums disappeared; the least we can do is to offer them the same courtesy.

DMXX
06-17-2015, 01:48 PM
The most important point is that molgen.org has been down for almost a week, and Russian speakers need someplace else to go. Molgen generously created a forum for English speakers when the old DNA Forums disappeared; the least we can do is to offer them the same courtesy.

Was not aware this was the case (knew eng.molgen was down, but not the primary Russian site). Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Supporting our Russian friends is certainly a prudent gesture. I'll fast-track a proposal to the other admins and will expedite a section pending discussion.

[Edit]: The section has been launched! (http://www.anthrogenica.com/forumdisplay.php?175-Russian) :) Please feel free to spread the word to the Molgen regulars.

Thanks to those who participated in the poll. As it's now online, this thread (as well as Farroukh's request thread) will be locked shortly.