PDA

View Full Version : Search function not functioning properly.

Kale
06-14-2015, 10:16 PM
Or maybe there is some technicality as to how it works I don't know about?

I can copy something right out of a post, paste it in the advanced search (searching in posts) and it won't find it. "ANE:" is an example...because I was looking for all ANE K7 results run on ancients, as to compile them in a spreadsheet.

- Anything 3 characters or less is considered too short (can't search common acronyms I guess, that's kind of dumb)
- Throwing quotations around ANE K7 doesn't work.
- Ughhh...even when you get a working term and display it as posts, it doesn't show the whole post. Nevermind, futile effort on my part. This search function isn't like the zetaboards/proboards ones I'm used to.

DMXX
06-15-2015, 10:51 AM
Thanks for reporting this.

Searching works just fine for me. GEDmatch is currently down and I typed in "DMXX Dodecad K12b" to find where I'd posted my results elsewhere on the forum and found them in my Geno 2.0 thread.

I'll have a look later today to see whether we can optimise things for our members.

GTC
06-15-2015, 11:07 AM
I find that Google is usually far better at searching a forum that the forum's own search function, especially when there's a minimum character limit, as is often the case.

For instance, try Googling "Anthrogenica ANE K7"