PDA

View Full Version : Trip to the heart of DF27

Mythtown
07-08-2015, 11:54 PM
Link to my newspaper column about Basque Country:

http://www.chinookobserver.com/co/columns/20150707/editors-notebook-a-long-dna-journey-leads-to-the-pyrenees-mountains#.VZxowlGC_6g.facebook

EastAnglian
07-16-2015, 07:22 AM
An interesting read, thanks for posting. I'd like to visit the Basque country, L617 is a brother clade to the exclusively Basque DF81.

razyn
07-17-2015, 12:10 AM
An interesting read, thanks for posting. I'd like to visit the Basque country, L617 is a brother clade to the exclusively Basque DF81.

Coincidentally, your L617 got another brother clade today, YP4295. He's not Basque -- or is far from exclusively so -- but looks old, and widespread. I posted about it on a DF81 thread, because so far we don't have a Z2552 thread. I expect we soon will need one.

Also coincidentally, I swapped emails with Mythtown while he was in Basque country last week -- glad to have this opportunity to read the trip diary. Not that I agree that DF27 is Iberian, mind you; but it appears you had a good visit and did interesting things.

rms2
07-17-2015, 12:16 AM
Coincidentally, your L617 got another brother clade today, YP4295. He's not Basque -- or is far from exclusively so -- but looks old, and widespread. I posted about it on a DF81 thread, because so far we don't have a Z2552 thread. I expect we soon will need one.

Also coincidentally, I swapped emails with Mythtown while he was in Basque country last week -- glad to have this opportunity to read the trip diary. Not that I agree that DF27 is Iberian, mind you; but it appears you had a good visit and did interesting things.

I was wondering when you would get around to commenting on this thread. I'm with you, but it is a well written article.

razyn
07-17-2015, 01:38 AM
Yes, and Matt and I have been corresponding for about four years. He's one of the serious people, and the most lonely example under Z295* I know of. But I think Z295 itself entered Iberia from farther east -- let alone its 4th gr-grandpa (or whatever) DF27. I'm just looking at the other Z295 subclades from places like Sweden, the Netherlands, Bohemia, etc. -- and can't really see their sequence and distribution as DF27 reflux out of Basque country.