PDA

View Full Version : Just confirmed Swedish ancestry..

Crom
07-10-2015, 09:58 PM
I was getting Scandinavian results in my autosomal DNA, and Eurogenes tests kept showing Swedish consistently. Then I found a man named Anders Joransson, born in Sverige in 1606. I found the name Anderson in my family tree and ended up tracing the line back to Sweden. Anders Joransson's descendants used the surname Anderson after coming to the US. Anyone else have a link to this man? These Andersons settled in Delaware.

Baltimore1937
07-12-2015, 02:07 PM
I have a few faint threads going back to Delaware/Philly on my maternal side in the colonial era. Anderson pops up in 2 or 3 of them. One thread has a Jurianson, but not an Anderson. Now the following is just from a very few different entries at Ancestry. Henry Falkenburg (Dutch), born about 1645 in New Amsterdam, married Anna Broer, born about 1648 at Deer Point, New castle, Delaware. Her father was Sinnick Broer, born about 1610 in either Sweden or Finland. His wife was Sophia Jurianson, born about 1615 in Finland.

Calamus
07-13-2015, 09:13 PM
I have a few faint threads going back to Delaware/Philly on my maternal side in the colonial era. Anderson pops up in 2 or 3 of them. One thread has a Jurianson, but not an Anderson. Now the following is just from a very few different entries at Ancestry. Henry Falkenburg (Dutch), born about 1645 in New Amsterdam, married Anna Broer, born about 1648 at Deer Point, New castle, Delaware. Her father was Sinnick Broer, born about 1610 in either Sweden or Finland. His wife was Sophia Jurianson, born about 1615 in Finland.

Do you know if Henry Falkenburg is related to the Swedish/Norwegian Falkenberg/Falchenberg family?

Baltimore1937
07-15-2015, 07:05 AM
Do you know if Henry Falkenburg is related to the Swedish/Norwegian Falkenberg/Falchenberg family?

A few years ago, a descendant did research, and claimed the ancestor was (I forget the first name) Van Valkenburg. He came from the Netherlands. There is an old castle in SE Netherlands called Valkenburg. He had a rather large family in New York. But one of his sons went off on his own into New Jersey. He learned Indian language(s) and was employed as a translator for later settlers. At least that is the family mythology. I'll have to take a look at my tree at Ancestry. Anyway, the descendant(s) claim a Y-DNA connection. But they weren't specific.

added: Lambert Jochemse Van Valkenburg, born 1614 Limburg, NE; died 1697 Albany, NY.
wife: Annetje Jacobs, born 1622 Gelderland, NE; died 1704 Albany, NY.