PDA

View Full Version : DIY Program Requests/Debug Thread

DMXX
07-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Following a discussion here (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4877-Non-Gedmatch-calculators), I've opened this thread for members experiencing difficulties running their results through the various DIY calculators, Oracles, 4mix etc. to make requests or seek feedback from the community.

Feel free to share your problems running these programs. Discussions will be streamlined if folks remember to quote whomever they're replying to.

firemonkey
07-11-2015, 08:49 PM
My problem was using the R software. Basic instructions I could comprehend but not not when it came to the programming language(hope that's right phrase).
Someone here or at Apricity(can't remember which) made a really thorough and kind attempt to help me but despite numerous attempts the raw data file just wouldn't be accepted/recognised.
Luckily they took my raw data and put it through the calculator and I got results but I would feel presumptuous asking for such help each time one of these calculators come out.

anglesqueville
07-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Firemonkey, there are many helpfull books about 'R', look for ex. on amazon (I have bought books in french, therefore I can't recommend any of them). One can of course use 'R' with DIY, 4mix, etc, without knowing many things about this soft, but that's like driving a ferrari only in first gear. Personally I'm only at the beginning, but I'm sure that that's worth the work. Furthermore, don't despair. Some weeks ago a norman friend on our forum was in the same situation than you. He had sent me his datas, etc, but that was too bad not to be able to do this by himself. I helped him with a calculator, don't remember which one ( several mails with screen captures, etc). He is now a master.

the raw data file just wouldn't be accepted/recognised.. Your problem is very likely with 'standardize.r'. Are you sure you have completed this step?

crossover
08-18-2015, 08:47 PM
someone needs to make ancestrydna raw data usable on r

Passa
01-06-2016, 12:31 PM
"At line 172 of file DIYDodecad.f90
Fortran runtime error: Bad value during integer read"

How to fix this? My genome file is 23andMe V4, maybe it's this?