PDA

View Full Version : DF13>Z210>MC14>A2070

seferhabahir
07-17-2015, 10:28 PM
I had no doubt you would be MC14+
Great news that our SNP branch has been identified....onwards and downstream from here!

Greetings, gents (in particular N21163 and dhubsith)...

I'm working with a friend in England on his Big Y results (he got them back yesterday). I'm guessing you will be able to see him in your Big Y matches if you go onto FTDNA and look. He is another MC14 and shares almost all of your common SNPs below MC14 on the Big Tree (i.e., A2070 and the rest). So, he is in the Cameron, MacPhee, Yuill grouping. I only just looked at his results today. He also has a bunch of unique mutations that neither of you share which makes sense, since he has several off-modal STR markers. His line might be from Scotland or Ireland, but he has an interesting story about some ancestors maybe being Norman and ending up in Italy for a long stay. I'll see if he might be interested in joining the forum and making his own posts.

[I started up a new thread on this, since i don't want to be considered a "necro-bumper" and in violation of policy 3.10 ... Breaches in basic forum etiquette include but are not limited to cross-posting different threads, consecutive posting in existing threads, or reviving old threads whose course of discussion has long since expired ("necro-bumping").] :P

seferhabahir
07-18-2015, 05:40 AM
I got permission to upload my friend's Big Y results, and Alex W. has already updated his public Big Tree with those results. If any of you are interested, this would be kit 229437 (Cubbon). He has four unique high quality SNPs of his own and also does not share four of the SNPs shared by Cameron, Yuill, and MacPhee. He does however share the other 20 upstream SNPs with Cameron, Yuill, and MacPhee that are listed below MC14. For now, he looks to be off on his own branch under MC14>A2070, which is consistent with his slightly different STR markers.

dhubsith
08-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Thanks, seferhabahir! I haven't been on this site in ages, didn't realize we had our own thread now! Yes, I know about Cubbon, he is in Alex Williamson's Big Tree now. It appears that in the A2070 line, Cubbon split off first, then my MacPhees, then a branch (A6138) that Cameron and Yuill share. There was also a guy named Smith 78158 that is somewhere in between Cubbon and me, and at least one other person has tested + for A6138. So after lots of tests (and money!) my little A2070 cluster is starting to take shape. I have a couple of private (so far) SNP's that I am encourageing other MacPhees to test, they will probably only occur in the family but it may help us sort out our own relationships, I am hitting a brick wall in Scotland in the 1720's, can't get any earlier than that.

razyn
08-02-2015, 05:26 PM
That Z210 in your caption should read ZZ10.

Z210 is under DF27, not L21.

N21163
09-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Thanks for your posts serferhabahir!! (and dhubsith :))
I must have missed them when you first posted.

I see that Cubbon has been added to the MC14 group now at ytree: http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=14

I have also submitted my BAM file to yfull.com for further analysis (cost is about $50 USD) and results are added to their tree as well.

Here is a link to the MC14 group (for reference my kit is YF03734) and the tree is updated about once a month as kits are processed and further analysis is completed on existing kits: http://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y16233/

Yfull give approximations of when SNPs are formed and an estimated time to the most recent common ancestor. These figures are altered as more kits are analysed.

Thanks again!

AtWhatCost
11-25-2015, 01:32 PM
This may not be a very "educated" question but it is one that has vexed me for a while and that is, how do we know all men with a specific mutation share a common ancestor with that same mutation? In other words, let's say there is a ZZ10 guy who has 3 sons but only one of those sons has the MC14 mutation, the other two sons stay at ZZ10. Now the MC14 guy goes on to have sons, and they have sons and eventually new mutations appear. But, if we go back to the original ZZ10 guy and his other 2 sons who did not have the MC14 mutation, whats to say one of those guys doesn't have a son, or grandson that also ends up having the MC14 mutation. In this scenario, all MC14 guys do not share the same original MC14 ancestor. Is this not possible, it seems plausible doesn't it? If this can't happen, why can't it happen. Certainly every son from a guy is no guarantee they will all have the same mutation and I find it hard to believe that mutation can't appear in a generation or two in a different descendant. If anyone can shed some light on this, why everyone of a mutation has to come from one guy that originally had that mutation, I'd like to understand this. It just doesn't seem logical to me. If a mutation happens in one guy, with brothers, I can't imagine that his brothers descendants couldn't develop that same mutation in later generations.

Edit: Of course all MC14 would have shared a common ancestor at some point, higher up snps, but just not the same original MC14 ancestor. In other words this branch would have shared the same ZZ10 ancestor, but not all the MC14 guys came from the same MC14 ancestor. I hope this makes sense. I'm having a hard time believing that every guy with a mutation shared the same ancestor that first had that mutation, it makes more sense to me there were multiple opportunities for an snp mutation from brothers and their descendants and that the mutation occurred more than one time in different family lines.

GTC
12-03-2015, 01:50 AM
All members are reminded that inflammatory/ad hominem posts are not tolerated on Anthrogenica.

If you have a complaint about a particular post, or poster, then the correct procedure is to use the Report Post function (via the triangle icon with exclamation point in it), not post the complaint in a thread.

Rory Cain
12-03-2015, 03:28 AM
All members are reminded that inflammatory/ad hominem posts are not tolerated on Anthrogenica.

If you have a complaint about a particular post, or poster, then the correct procedure is to use the Report Post function (via the triangle icon with exclamation point in it), not post the complaint in a thread.

That would be my tipping off readers and moderator that "Tumbleweed Hypothesis" is back under yet another alias.

GTC
12-03-2015, 03:36 AM
That would be my tipping off readers and moderator that "Tumbleweed Hypothesis" is back under yet another alias.

Once again, the correct procedure is to use the Report Post function.

Imac
01-28-2016, 02:17 PM
My first post so still on a learning curve. I tested at YSeq (kit 3298) and am L21<DF13<ZZ10<MC14<A2070 and BY246-, BY248-, and A7300- so it looks as though I am in the Cameron, MacPhee, Yuill A2070 cluster.
At FTDNA (kit 43983) I did Y111 and found at 67 markers there were 4 matches at GD6, all Camerons. My parental line is from Islay in Scotland as far back as I can trace. Any advice on testing strategy would be appreciated.