PDA

View Full Version : STR question

donloy
07-25-2015, 05:20 PM
Hello, I am new to this forum and DNA genealogy. Have tested all that ftDNA has to offer. Was added to the R-U152 project. My Confirmed Haplogroup is R-CTS11874. Was told by a gentleman that I was on the Germanic side of the Geiserich Cluster.

On my STR data at markers DYS389i and DYS389ii the value is 13 on both. There are three other men with the same results on the Lay surname project. These are the only matches that I have found through Y DNA testing. Are these results an error or did the marker split in two?

My kit # 342683.

If an Admin would like to look at a Raw Data file and a BAM file, I have both.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

geiserich
07-26-2015, 12:50 AM
Welcome to the Geiserich Cluster. All members of our cluster share some off-modal STR values, especially DYS640=12 (modal = 11).
Your DYS-value for DYS389II is probably a complete deletion a NULL-value.
I suppose that Richard Rocco has got your BAM file and I suppose you will cluster with "Bickel".

R.Rocca
07-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Hello, I am new to this forum and DNA genealogy. Have tested all that ftDNA has to offer. Was added to the R-U152 project. My Confirmed Haplogroup is R-CTS11874. Was told by a gentleman that I was on the Germanic side of the Geiserich Cluster.

On my STR data at markers DYS389i and DYS389ii the value is 13 on both. There are three other men with the same results on the Lay surname project. These are the only matches that I have found through Y DNA testing. Are these results an error or did the marker split in two?

My kit # 342683.

If an Admin would like to look at a Raw Data file and a BAM file, I have both.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Your kit forms a cluster with FTDNA-391722 and FTDNA-180858. You can see the full U152 tree here... https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/r-1b-u152/about/results