PDA

View Full Version : Simply HV

MarMar81
07-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. Nice to meet you all!
I tested with Geno 2.0, my MTdna is simply HV, no subclades found. Just a "pure" HV.
I'm not a genetic expert, so maybe it's ok. Anyways, I have some doubts about it... Should I test more (I'm on FTDNA, too)? I know Geno has a very deep investigating system about haplogroups. What do you think?

palamede
08-02-2015, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. Nice to meet you all!
I tested with Geno 2.0, my MTdna is simply HV, no subclades found. Just a "pure" HV.
I'm not a genetic expert, so maybe it's ok. Anyways, I have some doubts about it... Should I test more (I'm on FTDNA, too)? I know Geno has a very deep investigating system about haplogroups. What do you think?

Do you know your mutations in mtDNA ? Could you give us ?

GailT
08-02-2015, 03:13 PM
You can try uploading your Geno 2.0 results to James Lick's mthap web tool to see if it identifies a more specific subclade, but you would need to test the full mtDNA sequence for the most specific result possible.

Jooma
01-15-2016, 04:23 AM
You can try uploading your Geno 2.0 results to James Lick's mthap web tool to see if it identifies a more specific subclade, but you would need to test the full mtDNA sequence for the most specific result possible.
My is 16311C=?

pfouque
07-09-2018, 02:19 AM
Hi MarMar81,

New to population genetics, and sharing with you an HV mitogroup, without further details from LivingDNA. My descent is 100% French AFAIK, and it seems to be a quite rare mitogroup in France (few percent), compared to the typical H mitogroup. So I wonder whether this HV classification is accurate and if it significantly differs from H.

James Lick's mthap confirms the result, saying that some mutations are a mismatch: 750G,15326G

Mutation details with rCRS as a reference: 263G,1438G,2706G,4769G,7028T,8860G

Thanks to anyone who can help me understand these results in more details.