PDA

View Full Version : To Test or not to Test

vettor
08-13-2015, 06:06 AM
My father is recovering from cancer surgery and has had chemo and radio therapy............I was wanting to test him for his DNA, is there a wait time required before testing, or does it not matter when to test or is it a waste of time as his DNA is "askewed" ?

BalkanKiwi
08-13-2015, 06:16 AM
My father is recovering from cancer surgery and has had chemo and radio therapy............I was wanting to test him for his DNA, is there a wait time required before testing, or does it not matter when to test or is it a waste of time as his DNA is "askewed" ?

From 23andMe:

"...However, if you are undergoing medical treatment that reduces your white blood cell count, such as chemotherapy, it is best to wait at least two weeks after your last treatment or until your white blood cell count has returned to normal."

Afshar
08-13-2015, 06:18 AM
I think thats a misunderstanding, it will be fine for testing, maybe some induced snps here and there but that will be it.

vettor
09-10-2015, 10:23 PM
My son has beaten me to test my father ( his grand-father ) but he went with 23andme ( which is what he tested with ...v4 version )......it been 10 months since my father had chemotheraphy