PDA

View Full Version : 67 markers

Jenny
12-11-2012, 02:08 PM
My grandfathers ysearch is 6mxq5.
He differs from another entry only at 406 s1, my grandfather has the value of 11 here, the other guy has 12.

I have contacted the other poster who says that no one from eastern Finland, no fathers, brothers, cousins ever moved to southern Ostrobothnia or even out of the home village.

I know this is a close match, but could it be before recorded history?
Does that marker mean anything specific?
Thanks

Jaska
12-12-2012, 02:00 AM
My grandfathers ysearch is 6mxq5.
He differs from another entry only at 406 s1, my grandfather has the value of 11 here, the other guy has 12.

I have contacted the other poster who says that no one from eastern Finland, no fathers, brothers, cousins ever moved to southern Ostrobothnia or even out of the home village.

I know this is a close match, but could it be before recorded history?
Does that marker mean anything specific?
Thanks
It seems that he differs from 8N9MB (from Vesilahti) only in DYS449 = 30 vs. 31, and from FZ9D2 (from Liperi) in Y-GATA H4 = 12 vs. 13 and in DYF406S1 = 11 vs. 12.

In the last marker the original value is 11, so your father's and 8N9MB's 12 is a sign of a common subgroup - this marker is rarely mutating. Ilmajoki and Vesilahti are both in Western Finland, so the common ancestor may have been already in Western Finland; so far no known East Finns with the value 12.

Still, GD of only 2/67 to the other man with the value 11 means that the common ancestor shouldn't be so far in time... But the gap could still be several generations, because it may take a few generations without any mutations.