PDA

View Full Version : Geno 2.0 Results

Veridicus
12-13-2012, 02:46 AM
What's up! I am new here and new to this whole genetic genealogy and wanted ask a few questions. I was labled as H6a1b3a - any info on this or some of the downstream mutations from H6? Anyone here at least H6 or any projects I could join? The action on this haplogroup is slim - hope to hear from someone at least with some answers.

Also, not sure what age this particular mutation is but has there been any studies on unique subclades in America where it is very rare or absent in the European populations or others with mainly European Haplogroups or is the time span of approximately 400 years to soon for any uniques clades in European Americans? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks! By the way love this forum. :hungry:

lgmayka
12-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Family Tree DNA has an mtDNA H6 Project (http://www.familytreedna.com/public/mtdna_h6/default.aspx?section=mtresults). There is supposed to be a way to transfer your Geno 2.0 data into an FTDNA account, but:
- I don't know whether your mtDNA haplogroup gets transferred. (It might only transfer your Y-DNA haplogroup.)
- I don't know whether you can transfer into a new (rather than already existing) FTDNA account.

Veridicus
12-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Family Tree DNA has an mtDNA H6 Project (http://www.familytreedna.com/public/mtdna_h6/default.aspx?section=mtresults). There is supposed to be a way to transfer your Geno 2.0 data into an FTDNA account, but:
- I don't know whether your mtDNA haplogroup gets transferred. (It might only transfer your Y-DNA haplogroup.)
- I don't know whether you can transfer into a new (rather than already existing) FTDNA account.

Thanks! What exactly do you get when you join one of these groups - is primarily access to hook-up with cousins?

lgmayka
12-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Thanks! What exactly do you get when you join one of these groups - is primarily access to hook-up with cousins?
The project administrator may be able to give you additional interpretation of your subhaplogroup, based on the ancestral origins of those in the project who belong to it.

By the way: If you attempt to transfer your results to FTDNA, there is a point at which the procedure appears to ask for money (even though the transfer should be free). I have been told that you need to select Invoice (meaning that you will "pay" the $0 later). At the end of the procedure, it should be clear that the cost is zero.

Veridicus
12-17-2012, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I transfered my results but only the Y data seems to have showed up. I do not know why the mtDNA data is not present?