PDA

View Full Version : J1c5a1

jmbaxter02
09-04-2015, 01:03 AM
I just received my mtDNA results back from DNA Ancestry Project dot com and apparently they don't have a too large of a pool of people in their database because according to their data base, I came up having ZERO matches for J1c5a1; with a diverse amount of varying and inconclusive matches for just "J1c". This is completely brand new for me and maybe that's normal??? but I'm hoping to find a little bit more of a definitive answer, as to where my ancestors actually came from. My family is clueless because of a lack of records past my grandparents. I have 22 pages of data with my HVR1, HVR2, and Coding Region information, along with a cute certificate stating that I am "CONFIRMED" to be in J1c5a1. I'm also on ancestry dot com and because I didn't have my tests done with them, I can't upload my results to my page....that has me kind up upset but I should have done a little more homework prior to selecting the company that I did, so that's my fault! Does anyone know of another site or possibly a mtDNA search engine that I can upload my results to help me with this? :\

Lynnette1897
05-02-2016, 10:33 PM
I too got my mtDNA results and am in J1c5a1 group. I used the Family Tree test and am trying to figure out how to upload to Ancestry.

Cryfder
11-17-2016, 02:24 AM
I too got my mtDNA results and am in J1c5a1 group. I used the Family Tree test and am trying to figure out how to upload to Ancestry.

I'm also a J1C5A1.