PDA

View Full Version : My Portuguese gedmatch result

powervr
12-24-2012, 04:41 PM
I am from the Portuguese south very close to Lisbon... from 3 generations ago I really don't know more, only that they were all portuguese from the Estremadura region (north lisbon) from familytreeDNA it says that 14% it's mideast, the rest it's european. (in FamilytreeDNA all in Iberia).

Gedmatch:

Dodecad world:
oracle X
inished reading population data. 250 populations found.
9 population clusters.

Kit Number: FN80288

Admix Results:

# Population Percent
1 Amerindian 0.40
2 East_Asian 0.00
3 African 1.41
4 Atlantic_Baltic 58.80
5 Australasian 0.45
6 Siberian 0.00
7 Caucasus_Gedrosia 9.67
8 Southern 28.98
9 South_Asian 0.28

Best Population Fit (Pct. Option 1):

1 Baleares 95.51%
2 Mozabite 1.81%
3 Yemen_Jews 1.06%
4 PUR30 0.80%
5 CLM30 0.30%
6 Papuan 0.28%
7 Colombian 0.12%
8 Puerto_Rican 0.08%
9 Ethiopian_Jews 0.04%
10 Ecuadorian 0.00%

Total RMSD: 0.101330

Baleares???

harappaworld
HarappaWorld Oracle-x Population Fitting

Admix Results:

# Population Percent
1 S-Indian 0.37
2 Baloch 5.50
3 Caucasian 13.46
4 NE-Euro 31.34
5 SE-Asian 0.00
6 Siberian 0.00
7 NE-Asian 0.00
8 Papuan 0.60
9 American 0.33
10 Beringian 0.00
11 Mediterranean 38.83
12 SW-Asian 7.92
13 San 0.00
14 E-African 1.08
15 Pygmy 0.04
16 W-African 0.53

Best Population Fit (Pct. Option 2):

0 Unable to determine 0.01%
1 spaniard 61.98%
2 basque 9.51%
3 saudi 8.01%
4 finnish 7.06%
5 druze 6.70%
6 spain-basc 3.93%
7 bulgarian 1.60%
8 puerto-rican 1.09%
9 bulala 0.12%
10 georgian 0.00%

more eastern african than west-african, that does make sense if all my sub-saharan genes are more from the moorish conquest or even from neolithic...

Dodecad V3

Admix Results:

# Population Percent
1 East_European 3.30
2 West_European 39.88
3 Mediterranean 36.21
4 Neo_African 0.74
5 West_Asian 7.62
6 South_Asian 0.35
7 Northeast_Asian 0.00
8 Southeast_Asian 0.07
9 East_African 0.42
10 Southwest_Asian 6.60
11 Northwest_African 4.81
12 Palaeo_African 0.00

Best Population Fit (Pct. Option 2) oracle X:

1 French_Basque 37.36%
2 Portuguese 14.23%
3 Spaniards 13.03%
4 Saudis 8.14%
5 Georgians 6.57%
6 Mozabite 5.49%
7 Lithuanian 5.39%
8 North_Italian 5.08%
9 Cornwall 4.69%
10 TUNISIA 0.00%

hum more french basque than portuguese?
lol

this one got it right!!!

MDLP World-22 Admixture Proportions

Admix Results:

# Population Percent
1 Pygmy 0.00
2 West-Asian 7.44
3 North-European-Mesolithic 2.17
4 Indo-Tibetan 0.00
5 Mesoamerican 0.04
6 Arctic-Amerind 0.10
7 South-America_Amerind 0.37
8 Indian 0.00
9 North-Siberean 0.00
10 Atlantic_Mediterranean_Neolithic 41.22
11 Samoedic 0.00
12 Indo-Iranian 0.81
13 East-Siberean 0.00
14 North-East-European 31.77
15 South-African 0.00
16 North-Amerind 0.00
17 Sub-Saharian 1.64
18 East-South-Asian 0.00
19 Near_East 14.04
20 Melanesian 0.16
21 Paleo-Siberian 0.00
22 Austronesian 0.24

Best Population Fit (Pct. Option 1):

1 Portugese 83.75%
2 North-East-European 5.20%
3 Near_East 2.89%
4 Ashkenazim_V 2.28%
5 Greek_East 2.26%
6 West-Asian 1.91%
7 Greek_North 0.77%
8 Greek_Center 0.58%
9 Saami 0.36%
10 Jew_Romania 0.00%

Total RMSD: 0.199435
The low sub-saharian values do not make sense with common knowledge (at least from the programs I see in TV, trying to build a more multicultural Portugal), I saw in a documentary that in Lisbon the habitants in the XVI century were more than 50% composed of black african slaves, if that was true then it doesn't show on me.... The papuan is there might be from ancient person from northern australia or timor or even the flores island...
My guess (and I am really from the southern most part of portugal, and there is one of those tools that puts me closer to gallicians than to portuguese)... My guess is that this is neolithic in kind, most from eastern africa. some from even the sahara before that region went desert... of course the neolithic compund comes not from europe, but directly from northern africa... but the moorish is also over rated... this must be a pre-islamic invasion, because the number in northern spain are not that different...ok there is something... but not what they told us in the history books... The northern people even call us mouros (moorish people)... nonsense.

AJL
12-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Your results look fairly typical for Portugal.

Ask yourself, what do these TV programs mean by "Black African slaves?" Terms like "Black" have had no fixed meanings throughout history, and may have referred to Berber-like people, or Bantu-like, or simply peope with dark features. In colonial Quebec, the terms "Black" and "Metis" and Indian" were often interchanged with no reliable system.

In any case your Mozabite is slightly higher than is found in similar non-Iberian Southern European populations (e.g. Mediterranean French or Italians), which does make sense given the history of Portugal. Meanwhile, all the Near East and Greek may be pointing to the ancient legacy of the Phoenicians, the Sephardic Jews, and the Moors. Near East and African are clearly not the major part of your ancestry, which is more endemically Iberian, however, they are a small part of you as they are of typical Iberians.

What you might have a harder time explaining is your Finnish-like or Saami-like influence. This may come from indigenous wives who were brought back to Portugal from Brazil; or it may represent something else. DNA Tribes often overascribes an Amerindian-like component to Iberians, so perhaps this represents some component that got pushed to both the far west and the far northeast of Europe through a sort-of Netwon's cradle effect.

powervr
12-25-2012, 12:27 AM
That Finnish my guess it's only my High NE-european values I do even have less amerind and east asian than most western europeans

16 North-Amerind 0.00
18 East-South-Asian 0.00
21 Paleo-Siberian 0.00

Amerindes or any typical hispanic do have higher than this values on this clusters, I really do not have any indian on me... some african, at 0.4-0.5% west african (could come from neolithic expansion), but most of my african (I am talking sub-saharan) are indeed from east, maybe south egipt ethiopia or something...not reaching 0.7%, again most likely from the neolithic, the moorish impact on the portuguese or iberian genome is inflated... I even got more closely to the galiza cluster in one of this tools than someone from northern portugal near galiza, where the moors didn't stay for more than a decade...

And I know that in galiza there is some sub-saharan genes...(at percentages close to my values) this could come from the massive migration from the sahara that intercepted the neolithic expantion, and might be the responsible for the megalithism, the most ancient megalithic type structures are from southern portugal and northern africa... and it went north until danmark...with this, a new type of human culture agriculture...

Most slaves that portugal "aquired" where from southern africa like Angola, the problem is that I do have 0.0% of southern africa, that is strange, I should have something... at least 0.1%...

powervr
12-25-2012, 12:33 AM
AJL what they call blacks are really sub-saharians, north africans are called moors, or arabs here... of course most of the mideast component is really near the berbers, from the neolithic or the moorish invasion... allthough I believe the neolithic is stronger...
Even if this is neolthic the mozabite being stronger in Iberia than in other southern population should also make sense... like the waves in a pond...
We have much less mideast than italians, or even less mideast than greeks, the other neolithic expansion (from eastern europe) did make less impact here...

The higher NE-european or atlantic baltic (close to 60% in one test), is just primitive european... the hunter gatherers... with more than 10 000-20 000 of difference in evolution, allthough close related with different aproaches to different climates... so with differences in the phenotype... someone darker in higher latitudes would risk to get raquitic childs... that is why very different population like the eskimos do have also light pigmentation...

A woman with raquitism would not be able to produce surviving childs... and the elimination of darker phenotypes is really FAST...

That is why I plot in one test closer to the swiss people than even Iberians(how is that possible?), and allmoust all of my genetic cousins (with sizeable size of identical DNA in my chromossomes) are people from.... the british isles...allthough also because there are more people from that region making this type of tests...of course... but this is also interesting.

In one of those programs, appealing to destroy the racism of the common portuguese, they went into a known gueto of free african people that was well known for centuries (near villages allways called them "names") some people even from there could not be mistaken and have slighty african features... and of course they went there to portray the african in the common portuguese, also mentioning the slave town XVI-XVII century lisbon, when one british diplomate overinflated the number of slaves, saying that portuguese didn't want to work, and used only slaves for that...

Again that was really bad science... even if that village do have more than 10% of african...

THe jewish compound is also inflated to non sense levels... our mideast genes do not come directly frmo the mideast, but really from northern africa, and northern africa are not the birth place of jews... that I saw in a documentary that said that portuguese had jewish genes more than 20% if that is the case, there is no place for the mozabite or berberic genes...lol... because even in a southern portuguese like me it does not reach 15%....

powervr
12-25-2012, 02:07 AM
I edited my FTDNA file and converted to 23andme ... intersting findings with interpretome...

also my african do cluster with the mozabite...

powervr
12-25-2012, 02:09 AM
http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=286&d=1356401096

with interpretome, I got with hdgp european 2 southern clusters, I am in the one near the northern cluster (obviously there is 2 distintc southern populations), one is the most likely the iberian, the problem is that iberians are really more related with some northern populations than they are with greeks, for example...

but that is what I think...

powervr
12-25-2012, 02:28 AM
AJL you could be right, I have more southern american genes less than 0.5% but it's there!
more than the mesoamerican indians or the northern american indians, could be from some indian wife indeed... that makes sense, because portuguese only colonized th southern america part...
there are no records of many from american going here, if it shows, then the portuguese did accepted better the indians than the africans, because the africans were in majority...

I read in a paper from pedro alvares cabral (the one who got first into brazil) that said that the indians were more beautifull than the european ladies....
:D
more naked at least...

powervr
12-25-2012, 03:20 AM

the mcdonald analysis...
this tests

Most likely fit is 91.4% (+- 2.1%) Europe (all Western Europe)
and 8.6% (+- 2.1%) Mideast (all North Africa)

The following are possible population sets and their fractions,

most likely at the top

Spain= 0.909 Moroccan= 0.091 or

Spain= 0.892 Egyptian= 0.108 or

Spain= 0.942 Mozabite= 0.058

which is very typical Iberian. The North African is very clear.
I see no trace of South Asian on the autosomes, but there is a large
block on the X. However, such block on the X are not as reliable as

the rest of my analysis.
Doug McDonald

powervr
12-28-2012, 01:32 PM
something fishy here...

The problem is the northern swedish closeness, why not the southern? maybe some closeness to the laps like AJL said... very interesting...

Eurogenes Eutest oracle X

Admix Results:

# Population Percent
1 SOUTH_BALTIC 6.68
2 EAST_EURO 4.36
3 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 17.38
4 ATLANTIC 24.65
5 WEST_MED 24.11
6 EAST_MED 11.46
7 WEST_ASIAN 1.02
8 MIDDLE_EASTERN 9.06
9 SOUTH_ASIAN 0.00
10 EAST_AFRICAN 0.66
11 EAST_ASIAN 0.00
12 SIBERIAN 0.00
13 WEST_AFRICAN 0.61

Best Population Fit (Pct. Option 2):

1 ES 48.34%
2 PT 9.60%
3 French_Basque 7.54%
4 Bedouin 6.99%
5 Mozabite_Berber 6.08%
6 FR 5.73%
7 North_Swedish 5.59%
8 Sardinian 5.56%
9 NL 2.67%
10 English 1.89%

Tresyl
04-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Another Portuguese MacDonald result:

Nnobrega
06-21-2018, 04:46 AM
AJL what they call blacks are really sub-saharians, north africans are called moors, or arabs here... of course most of the mideast component is really near the berbers, from the neolithic or the moorish invasion... allthough I believe the neolithic is stronger...
Even if this is neolthic the mozabite being stronger in Iberia than in other southern population should also make sense... like the waves in a pond...
We have much less mideast than italians, or even less mideast than greeks, the other neolithic expansion (from eastern europe) did make less impact here...

The higher NE-european or atlantic baltic (close to 60% in one test), is just primitive european... the hunter gatherers... with more than 10 000-20 000 of difference in evolution, allthough close related with different aproaches to different climates... so with differences in the phenotype... someone darker in higher latitudes would risk to get raquitic childs... that is why very different population like the eskimos do have also light pigmentation...

A woman with raquitism would not be able to produce surviving childs... and the elimination of darker phenotypes is really FAST...

That is why I plot in one test closer to the swiss people than even Iberians(how is that possible?), and allmoust all of my genetic cousins (with sizeable size of identical DNA in my chromossomes) are people from.... the british isles...allthough also because there are more people from that region making this type of tests...of course... but this is also interesting.

In one of those programs, appealing to destroy the racism of the common portuguese, they went into a known gueto of free african people that was well known for centuries (near villages allways called them "names") some people even from there could not be mistaken and have slighty african features... and of course they went there to portray the african in the common portuguese, also mentioning the slave town XVI-XVII century lisbon, when one british diplomate overinflated the number of slaves, saying that portuguese didn't want to work, and used only slaves for that...

Again that was really bad science... even if that village do have more than 10% of african...

THe jewish compound is also inflated to non sense levels... our mideast genes do not come directly frmo the mideast, but really from northern africa, and northern africa are not the birth place of jews... that I saw in a documentary that said that portuguese had jewish genes more than 20% if that is the case, there is no place for the mozabite or berberic genes...lol... because even in a southern portuguese like me it does not reach 15%....
You and i have extreamly identicle results!