PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Igenea match

Afshar
09-30-2015, 11:32 AM
I have an Igenea match, the only one that matches me and my father. The problem is the account is linked to a Igenea email, and its like a couple months ago I emailed. I found out ftdna tests for igenea and places the letter E before the kit number (which is the email adress). Nothing again. Is there anyway I can find out more ?
And the name of the match consists of initials, so thats a dead end

Táltos
09-30-2015, 02:57 PM
I have an Igenea match, the only one that matches me and my father. The problem is the account is linked to a Igenea email, and its like a couple months ago I emailed. I found out ftdna tests for igenea and places the letter E before the kit number (which is the email adress). Nothing again. Is there anyway I can find out more ?
And the name of the match consists of initials, so thats a dead end

Have you ever downloaded your Y DNA matches? If you have there might be more than one email listed in the download for the match in question. If you haven't done this go into your Y DNA matches, then go to the bottom of the right hand side of the page. Select either CSV or Excel. You can then check that way. Everyone should download their matches this way every so often. Sometimes it's not obvious to see all emails, sometimes people remove emails, and don't replace them. You possibly might have an email on record of contacting someone who *maybe* be willing to work with you.

Afshar
09-30-2015, 05:42 PM
A good one but not succesful again. Its an FF match btw. People not answering emails is very annoying>:(

Táltos
09-30-2015, 06:03 PM
A good one but not succesful again. Its an FF match btw. People not answering emails is very annoying>:(

I feel your pain about people not answering emails. Sorry that didn't work for you. Yep can be done with FF & mtDNA matches too. I shouldn't have assumed it was a Y DNA match.