PDA

View Full Version : I now have five full sequence matches, world record?

Jenny
10-02-2015, 07:54 AM
Four of us who tested are from Finland, the fifth is from Norway.

I think it's kind of remarkable that our flavor of H1b1 is only showing up only in Scandinavia considering how H is the dominant haplogroup in Europe.

Is this a huge number of exact matches (like I think it is)?

Thanks!

BalkanKiwi
10-02-2015, 12:06 PM

I think it's kind of remarkable that our flavor of H1b1 is only showing up only in Scandinavia considering how H is the dominant haplogroup in Europe.

Thanks!

I have 24 full sequence matches, all with V-C72T! and with varying genetic distance. I'm sure people have way more. I assume we are talking about the same parameters and I haven't jumped the gun :)

C J Wyatt III
10-02-2015, 02:14 PM

Thanks!

"our flavor"?

I see a lot of H1b1's in the H project and the H1 project. Are these five from Finland and Norway part of any particular cluster?

Thanks,

Jack Wyatt

lgmayka
10-02-2015, 02:38 PM
My cousin in haplogroup K1c1b has over 20 exact full-sequence matches, spread across Austria, Scandinavia, and the British Isles.

evon
10-02-2015, 02:41 PM

Thanks!

Finland isnt in Scandinavia, it is called the Nordic region. ;)

Judith
10-03-2016, 07:38 PM
I think the record of exact zeroGD is about 80-90.
But it reduces the chances of you finding a match in historical times. Because in order to have so many matches your mutation will be a lot longer ago. The time for 1 mutation is now being measured by many different scientific groups as 100 generations, so your mrca may be 2-3000 years ago.
It is not intuitive that more is not better!

geebee
03-01-2017, 05:01 PM
I only have two exact matches, and both trace to the same woman: Marie Anne Catherine Berda dit Picard, who was born near the Gulf coast in 1726. (One of the two actually shows Angelique Ladner and his most distant mtDNA ancestor, but Marie Anne Catherine Berda dit Picard was Angelique's mother.)

I have five additional matches that are in the same haplogroup of H1bg, but these are: one at a genetic distance of 1; two at a genetic distance of two; and two at a genetic distance of 3. Of these five, one doesn't list a most distant mtDNA ancestor, while the other four all list a different woman. Three of these might be British; the fourth is perhaps German. However, she was only born in 1912, so it's difficult to say where her mtDNA line actually came from.

As for my two exact matches, one is much more closely related to me than just through Marie Anne Catherine. We share a great grandmother, so we're 2nd cousins. (Actually half 2nd cousins, since our great grandmother was married twice. My match descends from the 1st husband, and I descend from the 2nd.)

The other match appears to only be as closely related to the other two of us as Angelique Ladner. He has Family Finder results, but I don't believe we share any autosomal DNA at all. Of course, I do share quite a bit of autosomal DNA with my half 2nd cousin.

mangumheel
03-02-2017, 01:05 AM
My wife is H1a. She currently has 154 exact zero GD matches.

mangumheel
03-02-2017, 01:07 AM
I meant to say 154 exact zero GD Full Sequence matches.

Petr
03-02-2017, 09:07 AM
I see 104 exact zero GD Full sequence matches for H1b1-T16362C.