PDA

View Full Version : Z253 Spanish Subclades

AtWhatCost
10-18-2015, 02:13 AM
Has anyone noticed that the Spanish/Iberian Z253 guys are in the same area the Vikings were? Looks pretty obvious to me, right there on the coast.I think we're going to find a connection between some Z253 subclades and the Vikings.

Rory Cain
12-02-2015, 11:39 PM
There was a person posting under the pseudonym :Tumbleweed Hypothesis". His modus operandi was to throw up a ridiculous statement, supported by no meaningfull evidence whatsoever, in a blatant effort to provoke a reaction. I believe he was removed by the Moderator. I recognise the style here, even though hiding behind a different alias. Spanish/Iberian Vikings is a novel approach but otherwise shares the same m.o. The readers have been right to ignore this nonsense.

miiser
12-02-2015, 11:53 PM
I don't think this is Tumbleweed Hypothesis, although I agree that there are similarities in their approach. I suspect that, in fact, this account is another alias of AncientCelt aka SearchSeeker, who was previously banned for multiple accounts and inappropriate behavior. There are similar themes and style that are easily recognizable. I believe he is, sadly, the admin of the L1066 haplogroup project at FTDNA.

Rory Cain
12-03-2015, 12:36 AM
I don't think this is Tumbleweed Hypothesis, although I agree that there are similarities in their approach. I suspect that, in fact, this account is another alias of AncientCelt aka SearchSeeker, who was previously banned for multiple accounts and inappropriate behavior. There are similar themes and style that are easily recognizable. I believe he is, sadly, the admin of the L1066 haplogroup project at FTDNA.

That is indeed sad for the L1066 guys if that is so.

Miqui Rumba
09-11-2020, 11:21 PM
Finally, we can accept that Bronze Age proto-brytonic Z2195/S934/Z2187 direct descendants moved to Basque Country Coast from SW England about 3,500-3,2000 yeras ago. Basques from France HGDP remapped to GRCh38 revealed only Z2189 basque samples (mostly BY279 and a few DF73 both common subclades nowadays in Euskal Herria). Some minor Z2195 subclades stood in Great Britain and they are classified with markers only in FTDNA database. There are also a few british DF73 and BY279 detected, they do not share many markers with iberian Z2189 then we can expect an Iron Age sailor connection Biscay Gulf-Ireland Sea.
Another minor R-Z2534 clades with iberian samples in Yfull like BY13693 (subclade R-Y134019) should be revisited when all R-L21 samples of any lab will be published collectively