PDA

View Full Version : Sikeliot's mother's DNA tribes results... very interesting!

Sikeliot
10-24-2015, 03:58 PM
If anyone else wants to see any other part of the results just let me know.

1. Continental Cores

In her case "Mesoamerican" is probably not real Amerindian -- how could it be? It is likely resulting from affinity between Northeastern Europe and Central Asia, since she is Slavic after all. Likewise South Indian is not real South Indian. No East Asian though, incredible. The African is 4.5%, unsure if all Caucasoid people would score it or if I should take this as reflective of our actual African and x2 for my grandmother.

http://i57.tinypic.com/aol00w.jpg

2. Regional Clusters

Central European coming up before Balto-Slavic is interesting also, because it might reflect that Poland is not an Eastern Slavic nation. They are genetically continuous with Central Europeans to their west. I have been saying this for some time.

Here is the interesting one. Why is she 2.1% Khoisan?? I doubt she is actually such, as Khoisan slaves were never taken to Cape Verde or Madeira. Is it likely that she really should be getting Southern African Bantu, but due to something else in her DNA it gets misread as Khoisan due to coincidence? Everything else makes sense.

http://i62.tinypic.com/w9d1y0.jpg

Population Admixture

The Khoisan comes back, at almost 1%! So apparently it is a Namibian sample. I suspect the Khoisan sample in Namibia does consist of some Bantu admixture, since pure Khoisan people in Namibia are rare. Chances are, this correlates to Angolan ancestry. Or just a fluke! But on "Total Ancestral Populations" it is indeed the Khoisan and Southern African Bantu, and the Tswana people, that come up first out of all the Africans, though at some distance.

http://i60.tinypic.com/15chxmv.jpg

C J Wyatt III
10-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Thanks,

I have not seen the DNA tribes output before.

I'm curious what her mtDNA haplogroup is, even though that is only a small part of the picture. Do you have her on GEDmatch?

Jack

Sikeliot
10-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Mtdna is H, typical of Western Europe (her mtdna line is from Portugal).

I can send GEDmatch ID if you want.

Cascio
10-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Interesting, Sikeliot.

I have done this DNA Tribes SNP Test also but how many SNPs does it employ?

Krefter
10-24-2015, 06:03 PM
Polish cluster with BeloRussians. They're very close to East Slavs to, Ukraine and Russia, but also Baltic states. Poland doesn't overlap with Germany(maybe East Germany, may be little difference between East Germany and West Poland).

Sikeliot
12-25-2015, 04:27 AM
Polish cluster with BeloRussians. They're very close to East Slavs to, Ukraine and Russia, but also Baltic states.

Poles do pull westward genetically compared to Russians though, due to their lack of Siberian/Mongoloid admixture, which is higher in Russians and Finns.

kingjohn
12-25-2015, 05:19 AM
dear sikeliot
do not count on dna tribes
this company gave me 11% balto-slavic in line with gedmatch but it didn't show up in ftdna my origins or dna land take there anlaysis with grain of salt.
regards
adam

Sikeliot
12-25-2015, 05:25 AM
dear sikeliot
do not count on dna tribes
this company gave me 11% balto-slavic in line with gedmatch but it didn't show up in ftdna my origins or dna land take there anlaysis with grain of salt.
regards
adam

That 11% Balto-Slavic if it shows up on GEDmatch would be what might be called "Northern European". It is a part of your DNA as a European Jewish descendant (judging by your profile) but since the Jewish reference population on 23andme is Ashkenazim who have that 10-15% North Euro, it is included in there. I don't see this as inaccurate.

kingjohn
12-25-2015, 03:11 PM
thanks man
the balto slavic in your mother have to be real since you mantion polish hertige.
but instead of me who would you trust ftdna, 23and me or gedmatch?
since they contradict eachother
up until this moment i dont know if i have balto slavic genes since 1 company say no and other say yes
regards
adam

Cascio
02-12-2016, 07:16 PM
My DNA Tribes Regional Clusters are:

Aegean-Balkan-Italian 29.2pc (Tuscan average-25.5pc)

Sephardic-Sicilian 20.3pc (Tuscan average-11.9pc)

Spanish-Portuguese 17.5pc (T. av.-11.0pc)

Finnish 9.1pc (T. av.-1pc)

Pontic West Caucasus 8.5pc (T. av.-2pc)

Basque 5.2pc (T. av.-4.8pc)

Bedouin-Gulf Arabs 5.1pc (T. av.-1.2pc)

NW Europe 2.5pc (T. av.-11.2pc)

Northeast India 1.7pc (T. av.-zero)

Balto-Slavic 0.9pc (T. av. 2.6pc)

My Population Admixture (Best Combined Fit) is:

Sardinia...67.0pc

Abruzzo Italy...15.9pc

Finland...8.3pc

Abkhazian...7.9pc