PDA

View Full Version : Anglo- Virginian's 23andme results.

Anglo- Virginian
10-26-2015, 04:06 AM
I had this done late last year and the results are interesting enough, to say the least, not least because my AncestryDNA and my FamilyTree DNA results read a little different.

http://i.imgur.com/KMhKhdY.jpg

AnnieD
10-26-2015, 04:26 AM
Do you have any guesses on what you're remaining unassigned 0.1% mystery might be? This is a test that apparently likes a cliff-hanger. :)

From forums I've seen about British heritage, your results seem to fall in the general pattern of up to 60-70% B/I = more English vs. higher B/I = more Irish. I've seen a few Irish posters with 80 -90% B/I. However, it seems that lower B/I may also indicate a continental influence such as Colonial Americans may get with mostly British Isles heritage but also Dutch, French, etc. influences. Thus far, while my 23andMe, AncestryDNA and FTDNA results were fairly compatible at the major B/I sub-regional, others have complained of discrepancies between them.

Anglo- Virginian
10-26-2015, 05:40 AM
Do you have any guesses on what you're remaining unassigned 0.1% mystery might be? This is a test that apparently likes a cliff-hanger. :)

From forums I've seen about British heritage, your results seem to fall in the general pattern of up to 60-70% B/I = more English vs. higher B/I = more Irish. I've seen a few Irish posters with 80 -90% B/I. However, it seems that lower B/I may also indicate a continental influence such as Colonial Americans may get with mostly British Isles heritage but also Dutch, French, etc. influences. Thus far, while my 23andMe, AncestryDNA and FTDNA results were fairly compatible at the major B/I sub-regional, others have complained of discrepancies between them.

My ancestry is essentially English, yes. :) I also have 1/8 French Cajun heritage and about 1/16 German. I don't know how such a small admixture would effect the results of my other two tests, though.