PDA

View Full Version : Genome transfer from Familytree

Kristiina
10-26-2015, 07:24 PM
Hello,
I would like to run Familytree genome data in independent bloggers' calculators but I haven't been able to find a way to do it on my own Familytree page. I can only find autosomal transfer from Ancestry DNA and 23andMe to Familytree. I suppose that it should also be possible to do the opposite transfer.

Could anyone help?

Thanks!

Erik
10-26-2015, 07:34 PM
Hello,
I would like to run Familytree genome data in independent bloggers' calculators but I haven't been able to find a way to do it on my own Familytree page. I can only find autosomal transfer from Ancestry DNA and 23andMe to Familytree. I suppose that it should also be possible to do the opposite transfer.

Could anyone help?

Thanks!

Download your raw data, create a GEDmatch account, upload your raw data there, wait a bit for it to process, and then you're all set! Have fun :)

Kristiina
10-26-2015, 08:02 PM
I would really like to have fun, but the problem is how! I have been reading over and over again the titles of the page and I can only find in the menu above "DNA Tests" and under it "Autosomal Transfer" and after clicking it a text appears: "Transfer your 23andMeŠ(V3) or AncestryDNA™ today and join the world's most comprehensive genetic genealogy database."

Where on the menu can I find a path to transfer the data from Familytree to my Computer?

ArmandoR1b
10-26-2015, 09:22 PM
Go to https://www.familytreedna.com/my/family-finder/downloads.aspx and download the build 36 files for Gedmatch and the build 37 autosomal DNA file for DNA.Land.

Kristiina
10-27-2015, 07:34 PM
Thank you very much! I will go there as soon as possible! I discovered that the persons concerned had not taken FamilyFinder but only haplogroup tests. One of them ordered FamilyFinder today! :-)

Is it really so that he has to send by post a new sample to FTDNA?