PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyody

Ancestor
11-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Hi, my name is Marco and i am a new entry in this beautiful site.

I am Italian and two years ago i started to explore my DNA . The last time i tested my DNA was with 23andme the last year. Results says that i'm a J2a1b1*. I wish to know more about this particular branche of J2. Could you help me please?

Thank you to all of you

Marco Rocca

Erik
11-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Ciao, my J2a1 brother! :beerchug:

Where in Italy are you from?

Anabasis
11-08-2015, 03:37 PM

I am Italian and two years ago i started to explore my DNA . The last time i tested my DNA was with 23andme the last year. Results says that i'm a J2a1b1*. I wish to know more about this particular branche of J2. Could you help me please?

Thank you to all of you

Marco Rocca

I think J2a1b1 is J2a-M92 which is dated 7500 years in tMRCA of yfull and possible formed 11300 years ago. (Its age between 7500-11300).

http://www.yfull.com/tree/J-M92/

M92 clade of J2a spread between caucaus, iran and southern europe italy during that period. We dont know where that first M92 man have origins. Possible somewhere between Iran and Italy. Most of the samples in yfull are from Europe. Thus that means m92 might came to europe atmost 7500 years ago. In my opinion m92 spread over northern europe during Roman Empire. I suppose that western anatolia or transcaucaus were the where M92 occured.

Ancestor
11-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Ciao, my J2a1 brother! :beerchug:

Where in Italy are you from?

Hi Erik i'm from Carrara province of Massa - Carrara between tuscany and ligury

Erik
11-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Hi Erik i'm from Carrara province of Massa - Carrara between tuscany and ligury

Very nice area! :) I'm Ashkenazi Jewish, from NE Poland (previously Russia and Lithuania).

What were your 23andme Ancestry Composition results?

Ancestor
11-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Thank you Anabasis for the explaination. I was a little bit confused because a lot of people told me that my haplogroup is jew. Others told me that probably it descends from Etrurian people.

Erik
11-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Thank you Anabasis for the explaination. I was a little bit confused because a lot of people told me that my haplogroup is jew. Others told me that probably it descends from Etrurian people.

Considering the fact that you're a Northern Italian, it's unlikely that you'll have much, if any at all crypto-Jewish ancestry. I don't think J2 is uncommon in Northern Italy. In fact, I just remembered that my friend from Umbria is J2. It likely came during the neolithic revolution or ancient Mediterranean sea trade.

J Man
11-08-2015, 06:37 PM

Thank you to all of you

Marco Rocca

Welcome! As Erik said it is always nice to see another J2a1 brother here! :)

Ancestor
11-09-2015, 07:24 AM
Thank you again for your kindness. Erik later i will write here my 23andme ancestry composition

Ancestor
11-09-2015, 10:25 PM
My ancestry composition:

EUROPEAN 99 procent
South EUROPEAN
Italian 66 ,8 procent
Iberian 0,6 procent
Broadly Southern European 15,5 procent

Northwestern European 1,4 procent.
British and Irish 9,6 procent
Broadly northwestern European 6,2 procent

East Asian and Native American 0,1 procent