PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone's results change?

Erik
11-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Just wondering, since it is the big day today!

Mine did not change.

gstockman
11-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Mine didn't either...at least not yet, but it's still early.

Dorkymon
11-11-2015, 02:21 PM
No, but has the style changed already for those of you in the Americas?

MatAust21
11-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Nothing new for me so far, even though things were supposed to change yesterday.

ArmandoR1b
11-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Just wondering, since it is the big day today!

Mine did not change.

Results weren't supposed to change in the first place.

Táltos
11-12-2015, 04:38 PM

I think he means COA going away, and how matches will be presented.

MatAust21
11-12-2015, 04:38 PM

But did your Countries of Ancestry go away, like it was supposed to? There were supposed to be some changes to the matching system as well, but they are the same for me.

ArmandoR1b
11-12-2015, 04:58 PM
But did your Countries of Ancestry go away, like it was supposed to? There were supposed to be some changes to the matching system as well, but they are the same for me.

CoA is gone for me.
The Countries of Ancestry Lab is no longer available. Parts of this feature will be available to you once you transition into the new experience.

Táltos
11-12-2015, 05:16 PM
CoA is gone for me.

UGH! Mine is officially gone as well. :( I need a :grouphug:

fjnj
11-12-2015, 05:26 PM
It may take them weeks, if not months to roll all existing customers over to the new site.

MitchellSince1893
11-12-2015, 06:19 PM
I forgot to download my COA files yesterday but thankfully they were still available this morning.

Jutlander
11-19-2015, 02:23 PM
Would be nice if there was an indication as to the estimate of when it will be done

dp
11-19-2015, 10:00 PM
I've been browsing to see what's left that I could do on 23andme. I brought up the map and sent invites to anyone in my geographical area. I noticed a lady I've written in England had a flag in Norfolk, Virginia, USA. Thought that was odd. Anyway then I narrowed the relationships to just Close & 1-2 cousins. Scanned the world. Ends up my maternal aunt had a flag in Kansas, doubt she's ever been there, nor any of my ancestors but me. One was in Raleigh, NC and one in Richmond, VA I figure they were were I only gave states, and one was right on. My paternal aunt was not so lucky. She had flags in Southampton, UK & Suffolk, UK. They were supposed to be in Virginia, USA in the counties of Southampton & Suffolk. [Don't remember were here other pins were]
A known third cousin 1R of my aunts had a flag in Tunis, Tunisia, Africa. I'm sure she meant that to be Tunis, Hertford Co., NC, USA.
I sure hope they fix the survey-map interface. Meanwhile, how do I fix it, or tell my cousin how to get "Out of Africa". Thanks Isak D. :-)
dp

Anglo- Virginian
11-24-2015, 05:31 AM
Yes, as a matter of fact, they did. My British and Irish was raised a couple of points, as was my French and German: the old 23andMe had me at 56.5% British and Irish and now, it's 57.3%, while the French and German, once 16.0% went up to 17.2%

Lirio100
11-24-2015, 07:01 AM
Mine changed; British and Irish went way up, French and German down, Scandinavian and Ashkenazi about the same but I picked up a bit of Finnish, and a tiny amount of Sub Saharan Africa. That last is something of a surprise but I seem to have a small bit of something that always shows up odd. Gedmatch iterations can show it too.

Gray Fox
11-24-2015, 07:29 AM
Mine is relatively the same.. (99.1% West Euro) 97.8% Northwest Euro which is further broken down into 65.5% British&Irish, 6.7% French&German, 2.7% Scandinavian and then broadly Northwest Euro at 22.8%. Then rounding out the averages are less than 0.5% South Euro and 1.1% Broad Euro. I think a great deal of what is being labeled Northwest Euro is actually German/Swiss-German. Roughly on paper I am around 25-30% German, so that tidies that up. A smidgen of West African (0.7%) and an unusual 0.1% Oceanian round out the smallest figures. It is what it is.. I personally find Gedmatch calculators to be the most accurate and I really wasn't expecting an upgrade regarding the 23&me ancestry composition anyways. A few new bells and whistles (aimed at newbies), but nothing I hadn't already found out for myself by specifically checking certain snp's.

Gray Fox
11-24-2015, 07:35 AM
Mine changed; British and Irish went way up, French and German down, Scandinavian and Ashkenazi about the same but I picked up a bit of Finnish, and a tiny amount of Sub Saharan Africa. That last is something of a surprise but I seem to have a small bit of something that always shows up odd. Gedmatch iterations can show it too.

Have you performed the chromosome painting to see where the Sub-Saharan is showing up? If its showing up on both Gedmatch and 23&me, then its likely real. From what I gather, based on your flags, you have some Colonial American ancestry. That would certainly explain a small percentage of African segments showing up on a person of otherwise wholly, West euro descent.

Lirio100
11-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Have you performed the chromosome painting to see where the Sub-Saharan is showing up? If its showing up on both Gedmatch and 23&me, then its likely real. From what I gather, based on your flags, you have some Colonial American ancestry. That would certainly explain a small percentage of African segments showing up on a person of otherwise wholly, West euro descent.

I've read about the Colonial American/African ancestry but in my case I'm not sure it works. Most of my great grandparents were the immigrants; I'm actually from Michigan and the one colonial line I do have goes back up into New England. I've been working on that one, I know none of them owned slaves at least back to the 1750's (seen wills and census forms). It has to come from my mother's side, colonial line is on her side, and my dad's grandparents were all immigrant.

I haven't tried the chromosome painting yet, I hadn't been on 23andme very long before they changed the site. I think my results though, suggest the movement of people through Europe more than current nationalities. I have one great grandparent of Scandinavian ancestry--his father was Swedish and his mother Norwegian--yet 23andme gives 24% Scandinavian. I have three great grandparents from Germany--one Bavaria, one Mecklinberg-Schwerin, and one Pomerania (he was Ashkenazi), but I get 2.4% French and German. Weird part is that 23andme and Gedmatch all predict light or blue eye color, but my eyes are dark brown!:P

Anglo-Celtic DC
11-27-2015, 03:13 PM
I think the 23andme AC results changed very slightly (for most users, at least) because they changed the "speculative" (now seems to be the norm) view from 51% confidence to 50%.

Cinnamon orange
11-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Are these AC changes on the new site or across both the new and old sites?

Lirio100
11-27-2015, 06:49 PM
My changes were with the new site--ancestry changed when my account was switched from old to the new.

Lirio100
12-04-2015, 02:48 AM

Just because I tried the EthioHelix Africa K10+French: Nilo-Saharan 0.31%, North Africa 16.57%, French 80.05%, and Omotic 3.07%. Omotic?!

samirchergui
01-24-2016, 10:16 PM
i have to test again