PDA

View Full Version : feyliDNAproject, the first independent project for SW Iran

FeyliDNAproject
11-19-2015, 03:34 AM
Introduction
Greetings, I'm the administrator of the feyliDNAproject. Which is an independent and community driven genealogical project. The primary focus of this project is to facilitate genetic testing of members of the largely understudied Feyli tribes of Ilam province in Iran aswell as to create a scientific basis for study for this practicular group. We hold the view that the groups in the South-Western Iranian plateau have largely been neglected by the broader academia within the academic areas of population genetics, history and ethnology.

This is the first genetic project of this kind. At the present moment there are no known DNA project for South-West Iranian tribes.
Our primary mission is to encourage participation and create interest amongst the expatriate Feyli community, via simple to use genetic tests, and more importantly to make a formal contribution to the scientific genetic knowledge base of the South-Western part of the iranian plateau. Getting samples from people of Feyli ancestry, is the first step in uncovering the genetic diverhsity and character of the region of South Western Iran.

Informal mission statement
The main motivation for creating this project was the absence of any scientific studies regarding Feylis. Feylis are a group of previously pastoralist Zagros tribes living within an area compromising modern day Ilam aswell as Eastern Iraq. An area which has since the dawn of history housed much human activity through out history. The Ilam, alongside with the neighbouring and related provinces( such as Loorestan and Kermanshah) form an area where several prominent historical civilizations present within its territories. From the Kassites, Elamites , Medians and Achaemenians to the Parthians and Sassanians. Ilam along with Loorestan are also the areas which gave rise to the largely unidentified and extensive "luristan bronze" culture . Where a series of unique metallurgical material cultures emerged, and have provided with many of the findings within the archaeological finds of South Western Iran.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3c/Locator_map_Iran_Ilam_Province.png

Because of the nature of modern-state building, urbanization, and the lack of regional interest in academic disicplines such as ethnology, population genetics. The area has largely been neglected by formal academia. Many Feylis are unaware of their own cultural affinities, origin, history much of what compromises group identity. This is a part of a community driven effort to remedy this problem. By fullfilling this project we hope to promote Feylis interest in their history, heritage and culture. And more broadly to illuminate the regions uniqnueness and raise interest in the region.

We will also be colloborating in the future and hopefully release the project samples to be incorporated in any datasets for any genetic studies and genetic analysis, by request.

Final Notes
We are currently in the beginning phases, of the project. I will be updating this thread in the near future for collaboratory purposes. We have purchased 8 kits from 23andme. And aim to raise more funds to purchase additional kits, to subsidize ktis for project participants and to the improve the pool f current data to give a more complete picture of Feyli genetic diversity. We will also be involved in a more comprehensive endeavours, such as using free source genetic dna analysis tools to cross analyze feyli samples with samples from other adjacent areas, to explore genealogical connections betweeen different South-West Iranian groups.

You can visit our primary website, for updates, illustrations and many things to come:
http://feylidnaproject.blogspot.se/

If you have any questions about the project, or questions about Feylis. Feel free to ask them in this thread or contact me privately via PMs.

Please do refrain from publishing the results in this thread formally on blogs/websites, without the expressed consent of the project adminstrator. As the results are the property of project(Paid for by the project adminstrator). In the future, should anyone want to publish the information on this thread, please do contact me beforehand. In-line with honest etiquette and respect for the integrity of the project.

/Yours
Administrator of the Feyli DNA project.

J Man
11-19-2015, 04:21 AM
Has any Feyli Y-DNA been tested yet?

FeyliDNAproject
11-19-2015, 05:18 AM
Has any Feyli Y-DNA been tested yet?

Yes. However we do not have access to their genetic data. Only 2 are currently contactable.

So far we've observed from the data of 8 people:

YDNA:
5 x J1

MTDNA:
2x H13a1
2x J1
1x T1
1x X2e
1x U8b
1x J2b1

Male lineages from the very limited sample pool, so far have been more uniform(J1) in comparison to Female lineages. Also interesting to note, is that the female MTDNA mutations are almost exclusively associated with neolithic distribution.

Krefter
11-19-2015, 06:07 AM
Yes. However we do not have access to their genetic data. Only 2 are currently contactable.

YDNA:
5 x J1

MTDNA:
2x H13a1
2x J1
1x T1
1x X2e
1x U8b
1x J2b1

Male lineages from the very limited sample pool, so far have been more uniform(J1) in comparison to Female lineages. Also interesting to note, is that the female MTDNA mutations are almost exclusively associated with neolithic distribution.

Would you be willing to send DNA files of Feyli for further analysis? If you upload Feyli DNA to openSNP (https://opensnp.org/), Ian Logan will add their mtDNA to his database.

jesus
11-19-2015, 06:14 AM
There is a feyli guy in 23andme, Y-DNA J2a1a and mtDNA HV. There is also a Feyli with mtDNA L3d3a, not sure about his Y-DNA tho. https://www.23andme.com/you/community/thread/29803/

paulgill
11-19-2015, 07:39 AM

YDNA:
5 x J1

MTDNA:
2x H13a1
2x J1
1x T1
1x X2e
1x U8b
1x J2b1

I suppose all those J1s are Arabian kind, there is an Arabian population somewhere in that area?

FeyliDNAproject
11-19-2015, 07:46 AM
Would you be willing to send DNA files of Feyli for further analysis? If you upload Feyli DNA to openSNP (https://opensnp.org/), Ian Logan will add their mtDNA to his database.
We will eventually. At the present moment we only have 2 sample's data available.

There is a feyli guy in 23andme, Y-DNA J2a1a and mtDNA HV. There is also a Feyli with mtDNA L3d3a, not sure about his Y-DNA tho. https://www.23andme.com/you/community/thread/29803/
I've tried to contact him to no avail. He is from the Khezel tribe which immigrated to Ilam.

I suppose all those J1s are Arabian kind, there is an Arabian population somewhere in that area?
I think it depends on the phylogenic mutations that determine subclade. J1 associated with Islamic expansion and semitic speakers tends to statistically be J1e. We have not yet found any j1eamongst Feyli samples.

paulgill
11-19-2015, 08:57 AM
I think it depends on the phylogenic mutations that determine subclade. J1 associated with islamic expansion and semitic speakers tends to statistically be J1e. We have not yet found any j1e amongst feylis samples.

Where do you reside? Is there an area or a town in there named Khabar, Khabur, or Khabra? I am J1-P58-Z1853* but am unable to find any close Arabian connection, P58-L862 found in Arabia seems to be only one out of many branches of Z1853. As we are Jatt, a connection to Guti from Zagros Mountains is a possibility.

FeyliDNAproject
11-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Where do you reside? Is there an area or a town in there named Khabar, Khabur, or Khabra? I am J1-P58-Z1853* but am unable to find any close Arabian connection, P58-L862 found in Arabia seems to be only one out of many branches of Z1853. As we are Jatt, a connection to Guti from Zagros Mountains is a possibility.
I only know one Feyli participant whose paternal subclade is known. And it is under the designation PZ7263. Which is a phylogenetic branch of J1a. As for your question regarding the towns. There are no towns called Khabur in Ilam or South- Western Iran. Except for a village of Arab speakers in Rudbar district of Ilam there are no known connection to Arabs.

J Man
11-19-2015, 07:41 PM
I only know one Feyli participant whose paternal subclade is known. And it is under the designation PZ7263. Which is a phylogenetic branch of J1a. As for your question regarding the towns. There are no towns called Khabur in Ilam or South- Western Iran. Except for a village of Arab speakers in Rudbar district of Ilam there are no known connection to Arabs.

I know that this is a bit unrelated but do you know of any Bakhtiaris who have tested at either Family Tree DNA or 23andme?

jesus
11-19-2015, 08:04 PM
I know that this is a bit unrelated but do you know of any Bakhtiaris who have tested at either Family Tree DNA or 23andme?

I'm related to 2 Bakhtiaris on 23andme. One is just plain J1, mtDNA X, the other one is J2a1e and mtDNA U7 (his maternal line could be southern lur or persian tho). There is a Y-DNA G-L91 Bakhtiari on the Iranian FTDNA project as well.

J Man
11-19-2015, 08:23 PM
I'm related to 2 Bakhtiaris on 23andme. One is just plain J1, mtDNA X, the other one is J2a1e and mtDNA U7 (his maternal line could be southern lur or persian tho). There is a Y-DNA G-L91 Bakhtiari on the Iranian FTDNA project as well.

Thanks mate....Is the Bakhtiari man that you are related to on 23andme who belongs to Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1e of Bakhtiari descent/ancestry along his direct paternal line?

jesus
11-19-2015, 09:30 PM
Thanks mate....Is the Bakhtiari man that you are related to on 23andme who belongs to Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1e of Bakhtiari descent/ancestry along his direct paternal line?

Yes. He Belongs to this Bakhtiari sub tribe http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/starki-sub-tribe-of-the-haft-lang

J Man
11-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Yes. He Belongs to this Bakhtiari sub tribe http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/starki-sub-tribe-of-the-haft-lang

Wow very cool! Do you know which clan of the Astarki he belongs to?

J Man
12-16-2015, 02:07 AM
Any updates?

ChrisR
12-16-2015, 04:34 PM

I would suggest to always add the terminal tested SNP to Y-haplogroup names. For [email protected] you find a list here http://j2-m172.info/info/y-dna-tests/23andme-j2-haplogroups-snps/
So J2a1a-M47, J2a1e-M319 are possible J2 subclades present in the area/population. Current Research Tree see http://tree.j2-m172.info/

FeyliDNAproject
12-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Any updates?

Due to a credit card related issue, there has been a delay. But the project is still ongoing. We'll be seeing major updates next month.

J Man
12-18-2015, 09:09 PM
Due to a credit card related issue, there has been a delay. But the project is still ongoing. We'll be seeing major updates next month.

Do you have a number of new Feyli Y-DNA samples currently being tested?

FeyliDNAproject
01-22-2016, 07:57 PM
Do you have a number of new Feyli Y-DNA samples currently being tested?

Recently the 23andme kits arrived. The number now is 7. I'll be launching the project and updating it soon.

Halgurd
01-24-2016, 01:40 PM
MTDNA:
2x J1

Hello, what are the exact subclades of the Feyli J1 mtdna?

J Man
01-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Any new results in this project?

FeyliDNAproject
02-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Hello, what are the exact subclades of the Feyli J1 mtdna?
1x J1d
1x J1b1a

Any new results in this project?

Soon, I'm currently working on organizing questionnaires for participant selection.

FeyliDNAproject
02-22-2016, 04:30 PM
I've completed the questionnaires, selected the participants and soon we'll be ready to send the samples to 23andme.

Kurd
02-26-2016, 11:45 AM
How many total Feyli samples do you have so far, and do you know which Kurd tribes your Feyli samples belong to?

Also, do you have a breakdown of which cities or towns your Feyli Kurds have recent ancestry from?

Edit: What percentage of Luris and Bakhtiaris are Kurds. I have conflicting estimates on their percentages

FeyliDNAproject
02-26-2016, 02:31 PM
How many total Feyli samples do you have so far, and do you know which Kurd tribes your Feyli samples belong to?

Also, do you have a breakdown of which cities or towns your Feyli Kurds have recent ancestry from?

Edit: What percentage of Luris and Bakhtiaris are Kurds. I have conflicting estimates on their percentages

Feyli speakers compose 80% of Ilam, and affiliated tribes can also be found in Loorestan, where they form a significant minority, according to recent estimate. There are also significant communities and towns in Baghdad, and badre and surrounding areas in south-eastern Iraq with the Feyli community.

According to some of the participant questionare answers:

-Ali Sherwan(Sub-clan cheragvandi & safarvandi) & Laki(related but not feyli).
-Ali Sherwan(Sub clan cheragvandi).
-Khezel, Zuri, Ali-Sherwan.
-Khezel & Mousi.

Kurd
02-26-2016, 05:14 PM
Feyli speakers compose 80% of Ilam, and affiliated tribes can also be found in Loorestan, where they form a significant minority, according to recent estimate. There are also significant communities and towns in Baghdad, and badre and surrounding areas in south-eastern Iraq with the Feyli community.

According to some of the participant questionare answers:

-Ali Sherwan(Sub-clan cheragvandi & safarvandi) & Laki(related but not feyli).
-Ali Sherwan(Sub clan cheragvandi).
-Khezel, Zuri, Ali-Sherwan.
-Khezel & Mousi.

Looking forward to seeing their results. Let me know if you need me to analyze them with IBS, dstats, or other formal statistical methods and compare them with other Kurds and Asians in my database.

For those not familiar Feylis were the Kurds gassed by Saddam in Halabcha, Iraq. There are large numbers around Khanaqin and Mandali. Here is a listing of some southern Kurd tribes:

No.
Major Southern Kurd Tribes

Fayli

Gurani

Kakai

Kalhuri

Laki

Silakhuri

No
Southern Kurd Sub-Tribes

Afghani

Ali Shirwani

Bajalan

Hawrami

Jawanrudi

Malikshahi

MuradKhani

Qalkhani

Sanjabi

Talabani

Zand

Zangana

Zardalan

http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/kurdish-tribes

https://ethnicgeography.wordpress.com/tag/feyli/

I also have some Zangana Kurd ancestry.

J Man
03-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Have any new results come in for this project yet?

FeyliDNAproject
03-12-2016, 02:55 AM
Have any new results come in for this project yet?

Unfortunately it's going to take a while. As 23andme's standard genetic sequencing takes at least a few months before, the rudimentary results are released. But I will keep you updated if anything interesting comes along. I'm hoping that by the time I have the new samples at hand, we'll have some Natufian or Iranian Mesolithic/Neolithic and perhaps ancient south-Asian samples available.

J Man
03-12-2016, 03:07 AM
Unfortunately it's going to take a while. As 23andme's standard genetic sequencing takes at least a few months before, the rudimentary results are released. But I will keep you updated if anything interesting comes along. I'm hoping that by the time I have the new samples at hand, we'll have some Natufian or Iranian Mesolithic/Neolithic and perhaps ancient south-Asian samples available.

Okay thanks...Also by chance do you know of any Bakhtiari or Lur men who have had their Y-DNA tested?

J Man
05-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Anything new from this project?

jjmuneer
05-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Well first and foremost Feylis/Pehlis are Kurds. We identify as Kurdish and have historically been considered Kurdish. Our genome is no different than any other Kurdish group.

FeyliDNAproject
05-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Anything new from this project?

Hello,
Unforunately the processing is still ongoing. So it will take some time. I'm expecting atleast another 2 months due to issues with the sending back the samples to the lab.

tippy
05-14-2016, 08:18 PM

L3d is primarily east african right? does he show any east african on some gedmatch runs do you know? If so is it more than usual for a feyli?

FeyliDNAproject
05-14-2016, 08:40 PM
Well first and foremost Feylis/Pehlis are Kurds. We identify as Kurdish and have historically been considered Kurdish. Our genome is no different than any other Kurdish group.

I disagree with this clear cut macro ethnic categorical model for SW-Iranian areas, specially broad simplistic categories such as "Persian" and "Kurdish", which have risen with nationalist movements in the past 150 years. The area is way too complex and dynamic for this, and the lack of sources is also another issue that adds to the problems of identity, history, and other anthropological issues.

But this is not the proper medium to discuss this. This is a genetic project, and the subject matter that you refered to is outside of the parameters of the project. Should you want to start a discussion, there are more appropriate sub-sections of anthrogenica. This thread is exclusively for answering questions regarding the project, and to give the community updates.

Administrator
05-14-2016, 11:59 PM
[ADMIN] Off-topic personalizations will be deleted shortly.

Please refrain from accusing other members of having agendas. Per section 3.11, such behavior is prohibited in Anthrogenica.

We strive to keep this forum a sensible and civil foundation for discussion. Harassing others with accusations of 'agendas' or invoking ancestral retribution has no place on this forum.

Any further personalizations in this thread will be deleted immediately without notice and considerations of infractions will be delivered. Please refresh yourselves with the terms you agreed to upon registration.

FeyliDNAproject
05-18-2016, 06:37 AM
I have good news for all the followers of the project. All the sample kits have finally arrived at the 23andme lab. We can expect atleast 6 weeks until we have all the results. With luck, we'll have all the sample results by 1 and 1/2th month.

FeyliDNAproject
06-01-2016, 02:12 PM
The results were processed faster than anticipated. I have 6 out of 7 results on hand. I'm working on organizing, some of the genomes preliminarily. But so far from what i've seen:

Ydna:
E1b1b1c1
J1
J2a1a

MTDNA:
H*
K1a4
K1a

As predicted, these results are consistent with haplogroups found in neolithic age findings and near eastern orginating haplogroups.

J Man
06-02-2016, 09:46 PM
The results were processed faster than anticipated. I have 6 out of 7 results on hand. I'm working on organizing, some of the genomes preliminarily. But so far from what i've seen:

Ydna:
E1b1b1c1
J1
J2a1a

MTDNA:
H*
K1a4
K1a

As predicted, these results are consistent with haplogroups found in neolithic age findings and near eastern orginating haplogroups.

Interesting thank you for sharing these results. You said that you have 6 out of 7 results on hand. There are only 3 Y-DNA results above. Do you have more now?

Arbogan
06-03-2016, 02:19 PM
exciting stuff!

FeyliDNAproject
06-03-2016, 02:21 PM
Interesting thank you for sharing these results. You said that you have 6 out of 7 results on hand. There are only 3 Y-DNA results above. Do you have more now?

Here is the entire preliminary list. We had one half southern arab member aswell, with the paternal YDNA of J1e. So the entire picture isn't clear. But based on the samples we have, these are the haplogroups that were sequenced by 23andme:

YDNA:
2xJ1
1xJ2a1a
1xE1b1b1c1
1x E1b1b1a

mtDNA:
2x H*.
2xK1a4.
1xHV1.
1xK1a.

Two of the samples were first cousins.

J Man
06-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Here is the entire preliminary list. We had one half southern arab member aswell, with the paternal YDNA of J1e. So the entire picture isn't clear. But based on the samples we have, these are the haplogroups that were sequenced by 23andme:

YDNA:
2xJ1
1xJ2a1a
1xE1b1b1c1
1x E1b1b1a

mtDNA:
2x H*.
2xK1a4.
1xHV1.
1xK1a.

Two of the samples were first cousins.

Do you have any tribal or clan information for these results?

FeyliDNAproject
06-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Do you have any tribal or clan information for these results?

Yes.

I've made the following list of the tribal membership of the dnaproject participants:

Musi: J1 and H
Musi and Khezel: J2a1a and H
Lak and (Ali sherwan)Cheragwani:E1b1b1c1 and K1a4
Cheragwani: J1 and K1a4
Kuti: K1a
Malek shahi: E1b1b1a and HV1

(Note that Cheragwani is a subclan of Ali sherwan or badrei/beyrey/Berye). I'll also be posting the final member result of the project as it has been delayed by problems with the quality processing. But it seems to be ongoing.

J Man
06-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Yes.

I've made the following list of the tribal membership of the dnaproject participants:

Musi: J1 and H
Musi and Khezel: J2a1a and H
Lak and (Ali sherwan)Cheragwani:E1b1b1c1 and K1a4
Cheragwani: J1 and K1a4
Kuti: K1a
Malek shahi: E1b1b1a and HV1

(Note that Cheragwani is a subclan of Ali sherwan or badrei/beyrey/Berye). I'll also be posting the final member result of the project as it has been delayed by problems with the quality processing. But it seems to be ongoing.

''Musi and Khezel: J2a1a and H''....So both the Musi and Khezel tribes have Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a present among them?

RCO
06-05-2016, 12:54 AM
I also wonder what type of J1 they have. You can try J1 M365 here i4000111 (M365)

Ancestry Tools
Haplogroup Tree> Mutation Mapper >Paternal (Y chromosome)

FeyliDNAproject
06-05-2016, 09:20 AM
I also wonder what type of J1 they have. You can try J1 M365 here i4000111 (M365)

Ancestry Tools
Haplogroup Tree> Mutation Mapper >Paternal (Y chromosome)

I couldn't find any useful information on whether the participant had the mutation i400111 via the haplogroup tree mutation mapper. However based on the lineages defining mutations of other feylis with DNA results. It's likely they belong to the precursor mutation to the subclade J P56, J-PF7263.

''Musi and Khezel: J2a1a and H''....So both the Musi and Khezel tribes have Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a present among them?
It's uncertain. But based on 3 Musi members, the J1 seems to be the defining paternal mutation. J2a1a might be associated with the khezel, but it's uncertain until more khezel tribe members test themselves.

J Man
06-05-2016, 04:35 PM
I couldn't find any useful information on whether the participant had the mutation i400111 via the haplogroup tree mutation mapper. However based on the lineages defining mutations of other feylis with DNA results. It's likely they belong to the precursor mutation to the subclade J P56, J-PF7263.

It's uncertain. But based on 3 Musi members, the J1 seems to be the defining paternal mutation. J2a1a might be associated with the khezel, but it's uncertain until more khezel tribe members test themselves.

Okay well you said this above....''Musi and Khezel: J2a1a and H''....So does the Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a result that you mentioned there come from the Musi tribe or the Khezel tribe?

FeyliDNAproject
06-06-2016, 06:09 PM
Okay well you said this above....''Musi and Khezel: J2a1a and H''....So does the Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a result that you mentioned there come from the Musi tribe or the Khezel tribe?

I unfortunately did not specify the paternal or maternal origin in the questionaire. I can ask the participant the next time i'm in contact with him.

Also I have the final results for the Y-DNA/MtDNA for the final participant.
Y-dna: G2a4
Mtdna: HV1a

So to summarize:

YDNA:
2xJ1
1xJ2a1a
1xE1b1b1c1
1x E1b1b1a
1x G2a4

mtDNA:
2x H*.
2xK1a4.
1xHV1.
1xK1a.
1x HV1a.

the complete known list of feyli y-dna and mtdna mutations:

YDNA:
4x J1
2x J2a1a
1x E1b1b1c1
2x E1b1b1a
1x G2a4

mtDNA:
2x H*.
2x K1a4.
2x HV1.
1x K1a.
1x HV1a.
1x U8b
1x J1d
1x X2e
1x T1
1x H13a1a
1x L3d3a
1x HV

As expected, in overall the both the MtDNA and the Y-dna are of near-eastern or halogroups associated with the spread of the neolithic. The exception being the outlier with L3d3a . It also looks like the number of founding male lineages is much more limited in diversity than the female lineages.

FeyliDNAproject
06-06-2016, 09:09 PM
FeyliDNA project members puntDNALk12 scores and oracle:

Participant 1:
Population
Sub-Saharan -
Amerindian 0.74
South_Asian 9.32
Near_East 14.38
Siberian 1.13
European_HG 7.84
Caucasus_HG 41.65
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 24.58
East_Asian -
Oceanian -
Beringian 0.3

Single Population Sharing:

# Population (source) Distance
1 Iranian 4.93
2 Kurdish 5.65
3 Turkish 7.57
4 Turkish_Kayseri 11.16
5 Assyrian 11.41
6 Georgian_Jew 11.6
7 Laz 11.73
8 Turkish_Trabzon 12.36
9 Kumyk 12.82
10 Iranian_Jew 12.82
11 Armenian 12.95
12 Chechen 15.41
13 Turkish_Aydin 15.83
14 Balkar 16.44
15 Iraqi_Jew 16.51
16 North_Ossetian 17
17 Adygei 17.32
18 Druze 17.59
19 Syrian 18.43
20 Lebanese 19.02

Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

# Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
1 65.3% Assyrian + 34.7% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.27
2 89.5% Iranian + 10.5% Romanian @ 2.28
3 90.9% Iranian + 9.1% English_South @ 2.29
4 90.6% Iranian + 9.4% Utahn_European @ 2.31
5 91.1% Iranian + 8.9% Irish @ 2.32
6 91.3% Iranian + 8.7% Scottish_West @ 2.33
7 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Chuvash @ 2.34
8 91.6% Iranian + 8.4% Norwegian @ 2.34
9 90.6% Iranian + 9.4% German_South @ 2.34
10 90.6% Iranian + 9.4% French @ 2.35
11 90.2% Iranian + 9.8% Dutch_South @ 2.36
12 91% Iranian + 9% Czech @ 2.37
13 90.4% Iranian + 9.6% Belgian @ 2.37
14 89.1% Iranian + 10.9% Croatian @ 2.38
15 91.2% Iranian + 8.8% German_North @ 2.39
16 90.3% Iranian + 9.7% Hungarian @ 2.39
17 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Icelandic @ 2.4
18 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Swedish @ 2.42
19 91% Iranian + 9% Dutch_North @ 2.42
20 87.3% Iranian + 12.7% Bulgarian @ 2.44

Participant 2:

Population
Sub-Saharan 2.27
Amerindian 0.47
South_Asian 8.38
Near_East 14.00
Siberian -
European_HG 6.35
Caucasus_HG 44.34
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 24.08
East_Asian -
Oceanian 0.12
Beringian

1 Iranian 3.21
2 Kurdish 6.66
3 Turkish 9.77
4 Georgian_Jew 10.5
5 Laz 10.7
6 Turkish_Trabzon 10.98
7 Turkish_Kayseri 11.8
8 Assyrian 11.9
9 Armenian 12.05
10 Iranian_Jew 12.57
11 Kumyk 12.67
12 Chechen 15.65
13 North_Ossetian 15.79
14 Balkar 16.27
15 Iraqi_Jew 16.6
16 Adygei 17
17 Georgian 17.42
18 Druze 17.83
19 Abkhasian 17.84
20 Turkish_Aydin 18

1 97.4% Iranian + 2.6% African_American @ 2.06
2 98% Iranian + 2% Mandinka @ 2.27
3 98% Iranian + 2% Yoruba @ 2.27
4 98% Iranian + 2% Esan @ 2.27
5 98% Iranian + 2% Bambaran @ 2.27
6 97.9% Iranian + 2.1% NE_Bantu @ 2.3
7 95.1% Iranian + 4.9% Dutch_South @ 2.35
8 95.5% Iranian + 4.5% Dutch_North @ 2.36
9 95.6% Iranian + 4.4% German_North @ 2.37
10 95.5% Iranian + 4.5% English_South @ 2.37
11 95.3% Iranian + 4.7% German_South @ 2.37
12 95.7% Iranian + 4.3% Scottish_West @ 2.37
13 95.6% Iranian + 4.4% Irish @ 2.37
14 95.4% Iranian + 4.6% Utahn_European @ 2.38
15 95.8% Iranian + 4.2% Norwegian @ 2.38
16 96% Iranian + 4% Icelandic @ 2.39
17 96% Iranian + 4% Swedish @ 2.39
18 95.2% Iranian + 4.8% Hungarian @ 2.4
19 95.3% Iranian + 4.7% Belgian @ 2.41
20 95.6% Iranian + 4.4% Czech @ 2.41

Participant 3:

Population
Sub-Saharan -
Amerindian -
South_Asian 11.47
Near_East 15.09
Siberian -
European_HG 6.30
Caucasus_HG 44.10
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 21.74
East_Asian 0.88
Oceanian 0.05
Beringian 0.35

1 Iranian 3.77
2 Kurdish 8.97
3 Turkish 11.65
4 Georgian_Jew 12.77
5 Laz 13.89
6 Turkish_Trabzon 14.06
7 Assyrian 14.17
8 Turkish_Kayseri 14.63
9 Kumyk 14.64
10 Iranian_Jew 14.84
11 Armenian 15.12
12 Chechen 16.62
13 North_Ossetian 17.35
14 Iraqi_Jew 18.4
15 Balkar 18.46
16 Adygei 18.97
17 Afghan_Pashtun 19.19
18 Turkish_Aydin 19.83
19 Abkhasian 19.83
20 Georgian 20.06

1 90% Iranian + 10% Burusho @ 1.28
2 89.5% Iranian + 10.5% Punjabi_Jatt_Sikh @ 1.41
3 90.2% Iranian + 9.8% Haryana_Jatt @ 1.41
4 90.6% Iranian + 9.4% Punjabi_Jatt_Muslim @ 1.45
5 90.7% Iranian + 9.3% Kashmir @ 1.51
6 93.4% Iranian + 6.6% Bengali_Muslim @ 1.59
7 91.8% Iranian + 8.2% UP_Muslim @ 1.65
8 89.9% Iranian + 10.1% Pathan @ 1.67
9 88% Iranian + 12% Pakistan_Pashtun @ 1.78
10 85.3% Iranian + 14.7% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.83
11 93.3% Iranian + 6.7% Gujarati @ 1.85
12 90.9% Iranian + 9.1% Sindhi @ 1.92
13 94.1% Iranian + 5.9% Keralam @ 1.95
14 51.1% Iraqi_Jew + 48.9% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.98
15 94.5% Iranian + 5.5% Tamil_Nadu @ 2.04
16 70.3% Georgian_Jew + 29.7% Punjabi_Jatt_Sikh @ 2.1
17 95.7% Iranian + 4.3% Hakkipikki @ 2.13
18 96.1% Iranian + 3.9% Paniya @ 2.14
19 71.8% Georgian_Jew + 28.2% Haryana_Jatt @ 2.27
20 70.6% Georgian_Jew + 29.4% Pathan @ 2.27

Participant 4:

Population
Sub-Saharan 0.51
Amerindian 0.37
South_Asian 9.70
Near_East 15.67
Siberian 1.80
European_HG 2.99
Caucasus_HG 46.00
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 22.39
East_Asian 0.12
Oceanian -
Beringian 0.45

1 Iranian 3.16
2 Kurdish 10.31
3 Georgian_Jew 10.55
4 Turkish_Trabzon 12.29
5 Turkish 12.69
6 Laz 12.86
7 Iranian_Jew 13.04
8 Assyrian 13.36
9 Armenian 13.57
10 Turkish_Kayseri 13.94
11 Kumyk 15.72
12 Iraqi_Jew 16.75
13 North_Ossetian 17.81
14 Chechen 18.39
15 Abkhasian 18.52
16 Georgian 18.67
17 Balkar 19.09
18 Druze 19.1
19 Adygei 19.91
20 Syrian 20.53

1 65.7% Iranian_Jew + 34.3% Makrani @ 2.09
2 59.5% Iraqi_Jew + 40.5% Balochi @ 2.1
3 65.2% Assyrian + 34.8% Makrani @ 2.41
4 98.3% Iranian + 1.7% Nganasan @ 2.63
5 93.9% Iranian + 6.1% Brahui @ 2.65
6 93.6% Iranian + 6.4% Makrani @ 2.67
7 93.8% Iranian + 6.2% Balochi @ 2.72
8 67% Assyrian + 33% Brahui @ 2.72
9 98.1% Iranian + 1.9% Yakut @ 2.73
10 76.2% Georgian_Jew + 23.8% Pathan @ 2.73
11 65.6% Iranian_Jew + 34.4% Balochi @ 2.78
12 77.2% Georgian_Jew + 22.8% Sindhi @ 2.82
13 61.6% Iraqi_Jew + 38.4% Brahui @ 2.83
14 67.6% Iranian_Jew + 32.4% Brahui @ 2.83
15 98.2% Iranian + 1.8% Dolgan @ 2.84
16 96.3% Iranian + 3.7% Sindhi @ 2.87
17 98.2% Iranian + 1.8% Tuvinian @ 2.87
18 97.7% Iranian + 2.3% Keralam @ 2.9
19 97.9% Iranian + 2.1% Tamil_Nadu @ 2.91
20 97.2% Iranian + 2.8% Hazara @ 2.91

Participant 5:

population
Sub-Saharan -
Amerindian 0.98
South_Asian 12.11
Near_East 13.12
Siberian 1.19
European_HG 7.16
Caucasus_HG 43.29
South_African_HG 0.15
Anatolian_NF 21.11
East_Asian -
Oceanian 0.31
Beringian 0.58

1 Iranian 5.78
2 Kurdish 8.82
3 Turkish 11.13
4 Kumyk 14
5 Georgian_Jew 14.56
6 Laz 14.66
7 Turkish_Kayseri 14.94
8 Chechen 15.02
9 Turkish_Trabzon 15.21
10 Assyrian 15.49
11 Armenian 16.17
12 Iranian_Jew 16.34
13 North_Ossetian 16.93
14 Afghan_Pashtun 17.41
15 Balkar 17.61
16 Adygei 18.02
17 Turkish_Aydin 19.03
18 Abkhasian 19.83
19 Lezgin 20.07
20 Iraqi_Jew 20.1

1 53.6% Afghan_Pashtun + 46.4% Iraqi_Jew @ 1.54
2 51.6% Iranian_Jew + 48.4% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.67
3 52.9% Assyrian + 47.1% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.7
4 67.7% Georgian_Jew + 32.3% Haryana_Jatt @ 2.11
5 84.9% Iranian + 15.1% Haryana_Jatt @ 2.11
6 84.9% Iranian + 15.1% Burusho @ 2.18
7 84.1% Iranian + 15.9% Punjabi_Jatt_Sikh @ 2.32
8 66.1% Georgian_Jew + 33.9% Punjabi_Jatt_Sikh @ 2.38
9 55.4% Afghan_Pashtun + 44.6% Druze @ 2.46
10 81.1% Iranian + 18.9% Pakistan_Pashtun @ 2.52
11 85.9% Iranian + 14.1% Punjabi_Jatt_Muslim @ 2.53
12 67.7% Georgian_Jew + 32.3% Burusho @ 2.56
13 76.9% Iranian + 23.1% Afghan_Pashtun @ 2.57
14 61% Georgian_Jew + 39% Pakistan_Pashtun @ 2.62
15 84.8% Iranian + 15.2% Pathan @ 2.68
16 82% Iranian + 18% Tajik_Pomiri @ 2.75
17 87.7% Iranian + 12.3% UP_Muslim @ 2.8
18 66.6% Georgian_Jew + 33.4% Pathan @ 2.82
19 86.5% Iranian + 13.5% Kashmir @ 2.86
20 54.6% Georgian_Jew + 45.4% Afghan_Pashtun @ 2.93

Participant 6:

Population
Sub-Saharan 0.70
Amerindian -
South_Asian 9.03
Near_East 13.00
Siberian 0.72
European_HG 7.03
Caucasus_HG 45.90
South_African_HG 0.28
Anatolian_NF 22.85
East_Asian -
Oceanian -
Beringian 0.48

1 Iranian 3.71
2 Kurdish 7.25
3 Turkish 10.57
4 Laz 11.29
5 Turkish_Trabzon 11.66
6 Kumyk 11.7
7 Georgian_Jew 11.8
8 Turkish_Kayseri 12.87
9 Armenian 13.11
10 Assyrian 13.76
11 Chechen 14.09
12 Iranian_Jew 14.28
13 North_Ossetian 14.32
14 Balkar 15.38
15 Adygei 15.86
16 Abkhasian 16.49
17 Georgian 16.78
18 Lezgin 18.25
19 Iraqi_Jew 18.46
20 Turkish_Aydin 18.69

1 80% Iranian + 20% Chechen @ 1.21
2 88.3% Iranian + 11.7% Tajik_Pomiri @ 1.67
3 84.6% Iranian + 15.4% Lezgin @ 1.68
4 62.9% Georgian_Jew + 37.1% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.75
5 83.6% Iranian + 16.4% Adygei @ 2.06
6 79.6% Iranian + 20.4% Kumyk @ 2.27
7 82.8% Iranian + 17.2% North_Ossetian @ 2.27
8 84.1% Iranian + 15.9% Balkar @ 2.35
9 87.8% Iranian + 12.2% Afghan_Pashtun @ 2.52
10 89.1% Iranian + 10.9% Nogai @ 2.62
11 68.7% Georgian_Jew + 31.3% Pakistan_Pashtun @ 2.74
12 95.5% Iranian + 4.5% Russian @ 2.81
13 95% Iranian + 5% Mordovian @ 2.81
14 95.5% Iranian + 4.5% Chuvash @ 2.81
15 91.4% Iranian + 8.6% Pakistan_Pashtun @ 2.84
16 95.9% Iranian + 4.1% Finnish @ 2.88
17 92.4% Iranian + 7.6% Uzbek @ 2.91
18 96% Iranian + 4% Estonian @ 2.92
19 58.4% Iranian_Jew + 41.6% Afghan_Pashtun @ 2.94
20 96.1% Iranian + 3.9% Lithuanian @ 2.95

Non feyliDNAproject feyli samples:

Population
Sub-Saharan 0.90
Amerindian -
South_Asian 9.01
Near_East 14.97
Siberian 1.42
European_HG 4.83
Caucasus_HG 44.10
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 23.88
East_Asian -
Oceanian -
Beringian 0.89

1 Iranian 2.32
2 Kurdish 7.71
3 Georgian_Jew 9.93
4 Turkish 10.06
5 Turkish_Trabzon 11.26
6 Laz 11.35
7 Assyrian 11.56
8 Turkish_Kayseri 11.83
9 Iranian_Jew 11.93
10 Armenian 12.24
11 Kumyk 14.06
12 Iraqi_Jew 15.83
13 Chechen 16.98
14 North_Ossetian 17.04
15 Balkar 17.52
16 Druze 17.54
17 Georgian 18.25
18 Adygei 18.42
19 Turkish_Aydin 18.43
20 Abkhasian 18.62

1 97.6% Iranian + 2.4% Dolgan @ 1.31
2 97.5% Iranian + 2.5% Selkup @ 1.31
3 98.2% Iranian + 1.8% Nganasan @ 1.36
4 97.8% Iranian + 2.2% Yakut @ 1.37
5 97.2% Iranian + 2.8% Altaian @ 1.45
6 97.6% Iranian + 2.4% Tuvinian @ 1.47
7 95.3% Iranian + 4.7% Turkmen @ 1.62
8 98% Iranian + 2% Eskimo @ 1.64
9 94.6% Iranian + 5.4% Uzbek @ 1.65
10 96.3% Iranian + 3.7% Hazara @ 1.67
11 78.1% Georgian_Jew + 21.9% Haryana_Jatt @ 1.76
12 98.6% Iranian + 1.4% Koryak @ 1.78
13 78% Georgian_Jew + 22% Burusho @ 1.79
14 92.6% Iranian + 7.4% Turkish_Aydin @ 1.8
15 87.2% Iranian + 12.8% Turkish @ 1.8
16 98.6% Iranian + 1.4% Chukchi @ 1.82
17 94.1% Iranian + 5.9% Nogai @ 1.83
18 98.4% Iranian + 1.6% Mongolian @ 1.9
19 97.6% Iranian + 2.4% Chuvash @ 1.94
20 98.6% Iranian + 1.4% Korean @ 1.98

Population
Sub-Saharan -
Amerindian 1.07
South_Asian 8.48
Near_East 14.22
Siberian 0.29
European_HG 7.51
Caucasus_HG 42.26
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 24.22
East_Asian -
Oceanian -
Beringian 1.90
1 Iranian 4.73
2 Kurdish 5.96
3 Turkish 8.28
4 Georgian_Jew 11.15
5 Laz 11.38
6 Turkish_Kayseri 11.39
7 Assyrian 11.42
8 Turkish_Trabzon 11.89
9 Kumyk 12.5
10 Armenian 12.68
11 Iranian_Jew 12.77
12 Chechen 15.26
13 Turkish_Aydin 16.21
14 North_Ossetian 16.25
15 Balkar 16.26
16 Iraqi_Jew 16.47
17 Adygei 17.03
18 Druze 17.68
19 Syrian 18.66
20 Georgian 18.74

1 65.7% Assyrian + 34.3% Afghan_Pashtun @ 2.17
2 92.1% Iranian + 7.9% Scottish_West @ 2.59
3 91.8% Iranian + 8.2% English_South @ 2.61
4 91.2% Iranian + 8.8% Hungarian @ 2.63
5 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Czech @ 2.63
6 91.1% Iranian + 8.9% Dutch_South @ 2.63
7 90.5% Iranian + 9.5% Romanian @ 2.63
8 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Irish @ 2.64
9 91.5% Iranian + 8.5% Utahn_European @ 2.64
10 92% Iranian + 8% German_North @ 2.64
11 92.4% Iranian + 7.6% Norwegian @ 2.65
12 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Dutch_North @ 2.66
13 90.1% Iranian + 9.9% Croatian @ 2.66
14 91.5% Iranian + 8.5% German_South @ 2.67
15 92.7% Iranian + 7.3% Icelandic @ 2.68
16 92.6% Iranian + 7.4% Swedish @ 2.69
17 91.4% Iranian + 8.6% Belgian @ 2.7
18 92.8% Iranian + 7.2% Chuvash @ 2.72
19 91.6% Iranian + 8.4% French @ 2.73
20 88.5% Iranian + 11.5% Bulgarian @ 2.73

Population
Sub-Saharan -
Amerindian -
South_Asian 8.55
Near_East 15.69
Siberian 0.83
European_HG 5.58
Caucasus_HG 45.57
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 23.06
East_Asian -
Oceanian -
Beringian 0.72
1 Iranian 1.66
2 Kurdish 8.4
3 Georgian_Jew 9.91
4 Turkish 11.12
5 Turkish_Trabzon 11.17
6 Laz 11.5
7 Assyrian 12.24
8 Iranian_Jew 12.56
9 Armenian 12.62
10 Turkish_Kayseri 12.79
11 Kumyk 13.66
12 Iraqi_Jew 16.26
13 North_Ossetian 16.3
14 Chechen 16.63
15 Balkar 17.42
16 Abkhasian 17.94
17 Georgian 18
18 Adygei 18.14
19 Druze 18.54
20 Turkish_Aydin 19.43

1 98.5% Iranian + 1.5% Selkup @ 1.21
2 97.1% Iranian + 2.9% Turkmen @ 1.3
3 96.6% Iranian + 3.4% Uzbek @ 1.31
4 95.8% Iranian + 4.2% Nogai @ 1.32
5 96.5% Iranian + 3.5% Tajik_Pomiri @ 1.33
6 94.5% Iranian + 5.5% Chechen @ 1.35
7 95.5% Iranian + 4.5% Lezgin @ 1.35
8 98.8% Iranian + 1.2% Dolgan @ 1.35
9 68.8% Georgian_Jew + 31.2% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.36
10 98.2% Iranian + 1.8% Chuvash @ 1.36
11 99.1% Iranian + 0.9% Nganasan @ 1.37
12 98.9% Iranian + 1.1% Yakut @ 1.38
13 98.6% Iranian + 1.4% Altaian @ 1.39
14 98.8% Iranian + 1.2% Tuvinian @ 1.41
15 98.9% Iranian + 1.1% Eskimo @ 1.41
16 98% Iranian + 2% Hazara @ 1.41
17 99.2% Iranian + 0.8% Koryak @ 1.41
18 95.1% Iranian + 4.9% North_Ossetian @ 1.43
19 99.2% Iranian + 0.8% Chukchi @ 1.44
20 94.3% Iranian + 5.7% Kumyk @ 1.44

Kurd
06-07-2016, 04:41 AM
Your Feyli Kurd autosomal results are quite similar to my N Iraq Kurmanji Kurd results. I have tabulated your project members with mine in the following spreadsheet. It would be useful if you can provide the tribe and town for Feyli 1 thru 6 samples.

SAMPLE
Sub-Saharan
Amerindian
South_Asian
Near_East
Siberian
European_HG
Caucasus_HG
South_African_HG
Anatolian_NF
East_Asian
Oceanian
Beringian

Feyli 1

Feyli 2

Feyli 3

Feyli 4

Feyli 5

Feyli 6

Kurd C1

Kurd C2

Kurd C3

Iranian Baloch

I noticed that your Feyli samples as well as my Kurmanji samples have Iranian in 1st position, followed by Kurdish in 2nd position in the oracles. This indicates to me that Punt has likely used northern Kurds for the Kurdish reference.

I calculated the Euclidean distance from your Feyli samples to my Kurmanji Kurd 2 sample to give an idea of intra-Kurd distances. This is also used in the oracles in ADMIXTURE calculators. This shows if a N Iraqi Kurmanji Kurd was used as the Kurdish reference in lieu of the Kurdish samples used by Punt, that some of the Feyli samples would be closer to Kurd than to Iranian.

SAMPLE
Euclidean distance to Kurd C2

Feyli 1

Feyli 2

Feyli 3

Feyli 4

Feyli 5

Feyli 6

Kurd C1

Kurd C2

Kurd C3

Iranian Baloch

For a more in depth analysis, I recommend investigating your Feyli samples with formal methods against other Kurds and Asians. Let me know if that is what you wish to do. As you know ADMIXTURE does not give the whole picture, as it is only informative to recent drift.

Kurd
06-07-2016, 11:23 AM
Euclidean Distances from Feyli samples to Kurmanji Kurd C1.

SAMPLE
Euclidean distance to Kurd C1

Feyli 1

Feyli 2

Feyli 3

Feyli 4

Feyli 5

Feyli 6

Kurd C1

Kurd C2

Kurd C3

Iranian Baloch

EDIT: The above table shows that intra-Kurmanji distances can be as great as Kurmanji to Feyli distances, even when the Kurmanji samples are from the same geographical area.

Although ADMIXTURE results, which are based on recent mutations (drift) at a few sites on the genome (allele frequencies for the clusters are defined by only 500 to 2000 SNPs), IBS, which is an allele to allele comparison of the whole genome (accumulated mutations at all sites), shows Kurds to have quite different ancient backgrounds. Dstats and other formal methods which focus primarily on older mutations, showed even more variation among Kurds C1 C2 and C3. For example, C2 and C3 showed a significantly higher steppe and SC Asian shift than C1.

FeyliDNAproject
06-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Euclidean Distances from Feyli samples to Kurmanji Kurd C1.

SAMPLE
Euclidean distance to Kurd C1

Feyli 1

Feyli 2

Feyli 3

Feyli 4

Feyli 5

Feyli 6

Kurd C1

Kurd C2

Kurd C3

Iranian Baloch

EDIT: The above table shows that intra-Kurmanji distances can be as great as Kurmanji to Feyli distances, even when the Kurmanji samples are from the same geographical area.

Although ADMIXTURE results, which are based on recent mutations (drift) at a few sites on the genome (allele frequencies for the clusters are defined by only 500 to 2000 SNPs), IBS, which is an allele to allele comparison of the whole genome (accumulated mutations at all sites), shows Kurds to have quite different ancient backgrounds. Dstats and other formal methods which focus primarily on older mutations, showed even more variation among Kurds C1 C2 and C3. For example, C2 and C3 showed a significantly higher steppe and SC Asian shift than C1.

They seem to be equidistant as iranians or have the same range of distance. And to be perfectly honest, west-iranic groups are difficult to seperate in admixture, unless there is a local pattern that isn't found elsewhere. Admixture seems to be sensitive to intergroup regional differences, rather than intragroup differences. You can point to general gradients, but there is no typical pattern, the only meaningful major geographic factor seems to be north versus south. Everything else is muddy. Especially with a tool like admixture. At this point only something like IBD would be useful. I will be releasing feyli dna samples, for public use soon, feel free to use them then.

FeyliDNAproject
06-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Puntdnal k12 modern mean for feylis:

CHG: 44.13%
Anatolian NF: 23.1%
Near-east: 14.46%
South-asian: 9.56%
European-HG: 6.17%
Siberian: 0.82%
Sub-Saharan: 0.48%
Amerindian: 0.4%
South-african: 0.11%
East-asian: 0.11%

Feyli
06-08-2016, 06:50 PM
The results are interesting. Soon enough we will get the subclade of the J1* that occurs in Feylis.

J Man
06-12-2016, 06:24 PM
It would be great that if at some point the Y-DNA results of the Feyli men who have tested so far could be linked to certain tribes.

EasternCaucasusWarrior
06-12-2016, 08:27 PM
It would be great that if at some point the Y-DNA results of the Feyli men who have tested so far could be linked to certain tribes.

They already have been I believe.

The largest and main Feyli tribe 'Ali Shirwan', I believe 4 feylis so far have been tested from this tribe. So far all of them are J1*. It seems Ali Shirwan was J1*, the founder of the tribe. Though I believe from what FeyliDNA has stated, they will soon discover their subclades.

PoorFeyli
06-16-2016, 11:21 PM
I would like to add my mtDNA towards the project.
T1a2.

J Man
06-16-2016, 11:48 PM
I would like to add my mtDNA towards the project.
T1a2.

Have you had your Y-DNA tested?

PoorFeyli
06-16-2016, 11:58 PM
Have you had your Y-DNA tested?

Yes, in regards to 23andme. Simply J1* showed up. As for FTdna it hasn't arrived yet, it will arrive in no more than a few days.

Almagest
06-17-2016, 04:03 AM
Do you know the Haplogroups associated with these results?
FeyliDNA project members puntDNALk12 scores and oracle:

Participant 1:
Population
Sub-Saharan -
Amerindian 0.74
South_Asian 9.32
Near_East 14.38
Siberian 1.13
European_HG 7.84
Caucasus_HG 41.65
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 24.58
East_Asian -
Oceanian -
Beringian 0.3

1 Iranian 4.93
2 Kurdish 5.65
3 Turkish 7.57
4 Turkish_Kayseri 11.16
5 Assyrian 11.41
6 Georgian_Jew 11.6
7 Laz 11.73
8 Turkish_Trabzon 12.36
9 Kumyk 12.82
10 Iranian_Jew 12.82
11 Armenian 12.95
12 Chechen 15.41
13 Turkish_Aydin 15.83
14 Balkar 16.44
15 Iraqi_Jew 16.51
16 North_Ossetian 17
17 Adygei 17.32
18 Druze 17.59
19 Syrian 18.43
20 Lebanese 19.02

1 65.3% Assyrian + 34.7% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.27
2 89.5% Iranian + 10.5% Romanian @ 2.28
3 90.9% Iranian + 9.1% English_South @ 2.29
4 90.6% Iranian + 9.4% Utahn_European @ 2.31
5 91.1% Iranian + 8.9% Irish @ 2.32
6 91.3% Iranian + 8.7% Scottish_West @ 2.33
7 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Chuvash @ 2.34
8 91.6% Iranian + 8.4% Norwegian @ 2.34
9 90.6% Iranian + 9.4% German_South @ 2.34
10 90.6% Iranian + 9.4% French @ 2.35
11 90.2% Iranian + 9.8% Dutch_South @ 2.36
12 91% Iranian + 9% Czech @ 2.37
13 90.4% Iranian + 9.6% Belgian @ 2.37
14 89.1% Iranian + 10.9% Croatian @ 2.38
15 91.2% Iranian + 8.8% German_North @ 2.39
16 90.3% Iranian + 9.7% Hungarian @ 2.39
17 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Icelandic @ 2.4
18 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Swedish @ 2.42
19 91% Iranian + 9% Dutch_North @ 2.42
20 87.3% Iranian + 12.7% Bulgarian @ 2.44

Participant 2:

Population
Sub-Saharan 2.27
Amerindian 0.47
South_Asian 8.38
Near_East 14.00
Siberian -
European_HG 6.35
Caucasus_HG 44.34
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 24.08
East_Asian -
Oceanian 0.12
Beringian

1 Iranian 3.21
2 Kurdish 6.66
3 Turkish 9.77
4 Georgian_Jew 10.5
5 Laz 10.7
6 Turkish_Trabzon 10.98
7 Turkish_Kayseri 11.8
8 Assyrian 11.9
9 Armenian 12.05
10 Iranian_Jew 12.57
11 Kumyk 12.67
12 Chechen 15.65
13 North_Ossetian 15.79
14 Balkar 16.27
15 Iraqi_Jew 16.6
16 Adygei 17
17 Georgian 17.42
18 Druze 17.83
19 Abkhasian 17.84
20 Turkish_Aydin 18

1 97.4% Iranian + 2.6% African_American @ 2.06
2 98% Iranian + 2% Mandinka @ 2.27
3 98% Iranian + 2% Yoruba @ 2.27
4 98% Iranian + 2% Esan @ 2.27
5 98% Iranian + 2% Bambaran @ 2.27
6 97.9% Iranian + 2.1% NE_Bantu @ 2.3
7 95.1% Iranian + 4.9% Dutch_South @ 2.35
8 95.5% Iranian + 4.5% Dutch_North @ 2.36
9 95.6% Iranian + 4.4% German_North @ 2.37
10 95.5% Iranian + 4.5% English_South @ 2.37
11 95.3% Iranian + 4.7% German_South @ 2.37
12 95.7% Iranian + 4.3% Scottish_West @ 2.37
13 95.6% Iranian + 4.4% Irish @ 2.37
14 95.4% Iranian + 4.6% Utahn_European @ 2.38
15 95.8% Iranian + 4.2% Norwegian @ 2.38
16 96% Iranian + 4% Icelandic @ 2.39
17 96% Iranian + 4% Swedish @ 2.39
18 95.2% Iranian + 4.8% Hungarian @ 2.4
19 95.3% Iranian + 4.7% Belgian @ 2.41
20 95.6% Iranian + 4.4% Czech @ 2.41

Participant 3:

Population
Sub-Saharan -
Amerindian -
South_Asian 11.47
Near_East 15.09
Siberian -
European_HG 6.30
Caucasus_HG 44.10
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 21.74
East_Asian 0.88
Oceanian 0.05
Beringian 0.35

1 Iranian 3.77
2 Kurdish 8.97
3 Turkish 11.65
4 Georgian_Jew 12.77
5 Laz 13.89
6 Turkish_Trabzon 14.06
7 Assyrian 14.17
8 Turkish_Kayseri 14.63
9 Kumyk 14.64
10 Iranian_Jew 14.84
11 Armenian 15.12
12 Chechen 16.62
13 North_Ossetian 17.35
14 Iraqi_Jew 18.4
15 Balkar 18.46
16 Adygei 18.97
17 Afghan_Pashtun 19.19
18 Turkish_Aydin 19.83
19 Abkhasian 19.83
20 Georgian 20.06

1 90% Iranian + 10% Burusho @ 1.28
2 89.5% Iranian + 10.5% Punjabi_Jatt_Sikh @ 1.41
3 90.2% Iranian + 9.8% Haryana_Jatt @ 1.41
4 90.6% Iranian + 9.4% Punjabi_Jatt_Muslim @ 1.45
5 90.7% Iranian + 9.3% Kashmir @ 1.51
6 93.4% Iranian + 6.6% Bengali_Muslim @ 1.59
7 91.8% Iranian + 8.2% UP_Muslim @ 1.65
8 89.9% Iranian + 10.1% Pathan @ 1.67
9 88% Iranian + 12% Pakistan_Pashtun @ 1.78
10 85.3% Iranian + 14.7% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.83
11 93.3% Iranian + 6.7% Gujarati @ 1.85
12 90.9% Iranian + 9.1% Sindhi @ 1.92
13 94.1% Iranian + 5.9% Keralam @ 1.95
14 51.1% Iraqi_Jew + 48.9% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.98
15 94.5% Iranian + 5.5% Tamil_Nadu @ 2.04
16 70.3% Georgian_Jew + 29.7% Punjabi_Jatt_Sikh @ 2.1
17 95.7% Iranian + 4.3% Hakkipikki @ 2.13
18 96.1% Iranian + 3.9% Paniya @ 2.14
19 71.8% Georgian_Jew + 28.2% Haryana_Jatt @ 2.27
20 70.6% Georgian_Jew + 29.4% Pathan @ 2.27

Participant 4:

Population
Sub-Saharan 0.51
Amerindian 0.37
South_Asian 9.70
Near_East 15.67
Siberian 1.80
European_HG 2.99
Caucasus_HG 46.00
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 22.39
East_Asian 0.12
Oceanian -
Beringian 0.45

1 Iranian 3.16
2 Kurdish 10.31
3 Georgian_Jew 10.55
4 Turkish_Trabzon 12.29
5 Turkish 12.69
6 Laz 12.86
7 Iranian_Jew 13.04
8 Assyrian 13.36
9 Armenian 13.57
10 Turkish_Kayseri 13.94
11 Kumyk 15.72
12 Iraqi_Jew 16.75
13 North_Ossetian 17.81
14 Chechen 18.39
15 Abkhasian 18.52
16 Georgian 18.67
17 Balkar 19.09
18 Druze 19.1
19 Adygei 19.91
20 Syrian 20.53

1 65.7% Iranian_Jew + 34.3% Makrani @ 2.09
2 59.5% Iraqi_Jew + 40.5% Balochi @ 2.1
3 65.2% Assyrian + 34.8% Makrani @ 2.41
4 98.3% Iranian + 1.7% Nganasan @ 2.63
5 93.9% Iranian + 6.1% Brahui @ 2.65
6 93.6% Iranian + 6.4% Makrani @ 2.67
7 93.8% Iranian + 6.2% Balochi @ 2.72
8 67% Assyrian + 33% Brahui @ 2.72
9 98.1% Iranian + 1.9% Yakut @ 2.73
10 76.2% Georgian_Jew + 23.8% Pathan @ 2.73
11 65.6% Iranian_Jew + 34.4% Balochi @ 2.78
12 77.2% Georgian_Jew + 22.8% Sindhi @ 2.82
13 61.6% Iraqi_Jew + 38.4% Brahui @ 2.83
14 67.6% Iranian_Jew + 32.4% Brahui @ 2.83
15 98.2% Iranian + 1.8% Dolgan @ 2.84
16 96.3% Iranian + 3.7% Sindhi @ 2.87
17 98.2% Iranian + 1.8% Tuvinian @ 2.87
18 97.7% Iranian + 2.3% Keralam @ 2.9
19 97.9% Iranian + 2.1% Tamil_Nadu @ 2.91
20 97.2% Iranian + 2.8% Hazara @ 2.91

Participant 5:

population
Sub-Saharan -
Amerindian 0.98
South_Asian 12.11
Near_East 13.12
Siberian 1.19
European_HG 7.16
Caucasus_HG 43.29
South_African_HG 0.15
Anatolian_NF 21.11
East_Asian -
Oceanian 0.31
Beringian 0.58

1 Iranian 5.78
2 Kurdish 8.82
3 Turkish 11.13
4 Kumyk 14
5 Georgian_Jew 14.56
6 Laz 14.66
7 Turkish_Kayseri 14.94
8 Chechen 15.02
9 Turkish_Trabzon 15.21
10 Assyrian 15.49
11 Armenian 16.17
12 Iranian_Jew 16.34
13 North_Ossetian 16.93
14 Afghan_Pashtun 17.41
15 Balkar 17.61
16 Adygei 18.02
17 Turkish_Aydin 19.03
18 Abkhasian 19.83
19 Lezgin 20.07
20 Iraqi_Jew 20.1

1 53.6% Afghan_Pashtun + 46.4% Iraqi_Jew @ 1.54
2 51.6% Iranian_Jew + 48.4% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.67
3 52.9% Assyrian + 47.1% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.7
4 67.7% Georgian_Jew + 32.3% Haryana_Jatt @ 2.11
5 84.9% Iranian + 15.1% Haryana_Jatt @ 2.11
6 84.9% Iranian + 15.1% Burusho @ 2.18
7 84.1% Iranian + 15.9% Punjabi_Jatt_Sikh @ 2.32
8 66.1% Georgian_Jew + 33.9% Punjabi_Jatt_Sikh @ 2.38
9 55.4% Afghan_Pashtun + 44.6% Druze @ 2.46
10 81.1% Iranian + 18.9% Pakistan_Pashtun @ 2.52
11 85.9% Iranian + 14.1% Punjabi_Jatt_Muslim @ 2.53
12 67.7% Georgian_Jew + 32.3% Burusho @ 2.56
13 76.9% Iranian + 23.1% Afghan_Pashtun @ 2.57
14 61% Georgian_Jew + 39% Pakistan_Pashtun @ 2.62
15 84.8% Iranian + 15.2% Pathan @ 2.68
16 82% Iranian + 18% Tajik_Pomiri @ 2.75
17 87.7% Iranian + 12.3% UP_Muslim @ 2.8
18 66.6% Georgian_Jew + 33.4% Pathan @ 2.82
19 86.5% Iranian + 13.5% Kashmir @ 2.86
20 54.6% Georgian_Jew + 45.4% Afghan_Pashtun @ 2.93

Participant 6:

Population
Sub-Saharan 0.70
Amerindian -
South_Asian 9.03
Near_East 13.00
Siberian 0.72
European_HG 7.03
Caucasus_HG 45.90
South_African_HG 0.28
Anatolian_NF 22.85
East_Asian -
Oceanian -
Beringian 0.48

1 Iranian 3.71
2 Kurdish 7.25
3 Turkish 10.57
4 Laz 11.29
5 Turkish_Trabzon 11.66
6 Kumyk 11.7
7 Georgian_Jew 11.8
8 Turkish_Kayseri 12.87
9 Armenian 13.11
10 Assyrian 13.76
11 Chechen 14.09
12 Iranian_Jew 14.28
13 North_Ossetian 14.32
14 Balkar 15.38
15 Adygei 15.86
16 Abkhasian 16.49
17 Georgian 16.78
18 Lezgin 18.25
19 Iraqi_Jew 18.46
20 Turkish_Aydin 18.69

1 80% Iranian + 20% Chechen @ 1.21
2 88.3% Iranian + 11.7% Tajik_Pomiri @ 1.67
3 84.6% Iranian + 15.4% Lezgin @ 1.68
4 62.9% Georgian_Jew + 37.1% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.75
5 83.6% Iranian + 16.4% Adygei @ 2.06
6 79.6% Iranian + 20.4% Kumyk @ 2.27
7 82.8% Iranian + 17.2% North_Ossetian @ 2.27
8 84.1% Iranian + 15.9% Balkar @ 2.35
9 87.8% Iranian + 12.2% Afghan_Pashtun @ 2.52
10 89.1% Iranian + 10.9% Nogai @ 2.62
11 68.7% Georgian_Jew + 31.3% Pakistan_Pashtun @ 2.74
12 95.5% Iranian + 4.5% Russian @ 2.81
13 95% Iranian + 5% Mordovian @ 2.81
14 95.5% Iranian + 4.5% Chuvash @ 2.81
15 91.4% Iranian + 8.6% Pakistan_Pashtun @ 2.84
16 95.9% Iranian + 4.1% Finnish @ 2.88
17 92.4% Iranian + 7.6% Uzbek @ 2.91
18 96% Iranian + 4% Estonian @ 2.92
19 58.4% Iranian_Jew + 41.6% Afghan_Pashtun @ 2.94
20 96.1% Iranian + 3.9% Lithuanian @ 2.95

Non feyliDNAproject feyli samples:

Population
Sub-Saharan 0.90
Amerindian -
South_Asian 9.01
Near_East 14.97
Siberian 1.42
European_HG 4.83
Caucasus_HG 44.10
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 23.88
East_Asian -
Oceanian -
Beringian 0.89

1 Iranian 2.32
2 Kurdish 7.71
3 Georgian_Jew 9.93
4 Turkish 10.06
5 Turkish_Trabzon 11.26
6 Laz 11.35
7 Assyrian 11.56
8 Turkish_Kayseri 11.83
9 Iranian_Jew 11.93
10 Armenian 12.24
11 Kumyk 14.06
12 Iraqi_Jew 15.83
13 Chechen 16.98
14 North_Ossetian 17.04
15 Balkar 17.52
16 Druze 17.54
17 Georgian 18.25
18 Adygei 18.42
19 Turkish_Aydin 18.43
20 Abkhasian 18.62

1 97.6% Iranian + 2.4% Dolgan @ 1.31
2 97.5% Iranian + 2.5% Selkup @ 1.31
3 98.2% Iranian + 1.8% Nganasan @ 1.36
4 97.8% Iranian + 2.2% Yakut @ 1.37
5 97.2% Iranian + 2.8% Altaian @ 1.45
6 97.6% Iranian + 2.4% Tuvinian @ 1.47
7 95.3% Iranian + 4.7% Turkmen @ 1.62
8 98% Iranian + 2% Eskimo @ 1.64
9 94.6% Iranian + 5.4% Uzbek @ 1.65
10 96.3% Iranian + 3.7% Hazara @ 1.67
11 78.1% Georgian_Jew + 21.9% Haryana_Jatt @ 1.76
12 98.6% Iranian + 1.4% Koryak @ 1.78
13 78% Georgian_Jew + 22% Burusho @ 1.79
14 92.6% Iranian + 7.4% Turkish_Aydin @ 1.8
15 87.2% Iranian + 12.8% Turkish @ 1.8
16 98.6% Iranian + 1.4% Chukchi @ 1.82
17 94.1% Iranian + 5.9% Nogai @ 1.83
18 98.4% Iranian + 1.6% Mongolian @ 1.9
19 97.6% Iranian + 2.4% Chuvash @ 1.94
20 98.6% Iranian + 1.4% Korean @ 1.98

Population
Sub-Saharan -
Amerindian 1.07
South_Asian 8.48
Near_East 14.22
Siberian 0.29
European_HG 7.51
Caucasus_HG 42.26
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 24.22
East_Asian -
Oceanian -
Beringian 1.90
1 Iranian 4.73
2 Kurdish 5.96
3 Turkish 8.28
4 Georgian_Jew 11.15
5 Laz 11.38
6 Turkish_Kayseri 11.39
7 Assyrian 11.42
8 Turkish_Trabzon 11.89
9 Kumyk 12.5
10 Armenian 12.68
11 Iranian_Jew 12.77
12 Chechen 15.26
13 Turkish_Aydin 16.21
14 North_Ossetian 16.25
15 Balkar 16.26
16 Iraqi_Jew 16.47
17 Adygei 17.03
18 Druze 17.68
19 Syrian 18.66
20 Georgian 18.74

1 65.7% Assyrian + 34.3% Afghan_Pashtun @ 2.17
2 92.1% Iranian + 7.9% Scottish_West @ 2.59
3 91.8% Iranian + 8.2% English_South @ 2.61
4 91.2% Iranian + 8.8% Hungarian @ 2.63
5 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Czech @ 2.63
6 91.1% Iranian + 8.9% Dutch_South @ 2.63
7 90.5% Iranian + 9.5% Romanian @ 2.63
8 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Irish @ 2.64
9 91.5% Iranian + 8.5% Utahn_European @ 2.64
10 92% Iranian + 8% German_North @ 2.64
11 92.4% Iranian + 7.6% Norwegian @ 2.65
12 91.9% Iranian + 8.1% Dutch_North @ 2.66
13 90.1% Iranian + 9.9% Croatian @ 2.66
14 91.5% Iranian + 8.5% German_South @ 2.67
15 92.7% Iranian + 7.3% Icelandic @ 2.68
16 92.6% Iranian + 7.4% Swedish @ 2.69
17 91.4% Iranian + 8.6% Belgian @ 2.7
18 92.8% Iranian + 7.2% Chuvash @ 2.72
19 91.6% Iranian + 8.4% French @ 2.73
20 88.5% Iranian + 11.5% Bulgarian @ 2.73

Population
Sub-Saharan -
Amerindian -
South_Asian 8.55
Near_East 15.69
Siberian 0.83
European_HG 5.58
Caucasus_HG 45.57
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 23.06
East_Asian -
Oceanian -
Beringian 0.72
1 Iranian 1.66
2 Kurdish 8.4
3 Georgian_Jew 9.91
4 Turkish 11.12
5 Turkish_Trabzon 11.17
6 Laz 11.5
7 Assyrian 12.24
8 Iranian_Jew 12.56
9 Armenian 12.62
10 Turkish_Kayseri 12.79
11 Kumyk 13.66
12 Iraqi_Jew 16.26
13 North_Ossetian 16.3
14 Chechen 16.63
15 Balkar 17.42
16 Abkhasian 17.94
17 Georgian 18
18 Adygei 18.14
19 Druze 18.54
20 Turkish_Aydin 19.43

1 98.5% Iranian + 1.5% Selkup @ 1.21
2 97.1% Iranian + 2.9% Turkmen @ 1.3
3 96.6% Iranian + 3.4% Uzbek @ 1.31
4 95.8% Iranian + 4.2% Nogai @ 1.32
5 96.5% Iranian + 3.5% Tajik_Pomiri @ 1.33
6 94.5% Iranian + 5.5% Chechen @ 1.35
7 95.5% Iranian + 4.5% Lezgin @ 1.35
8 98.8% Iranian + 1.2% Dolgan @ 1.35
9 68.8% Georgian_Jew + 31.2% Afghan_Pashtun @ 1.36
10 98.2% Iranian + 1.8% Chuvash @ 1.36
11 99.1% Iranian + 0.9% Nganasan @ 1.37
12 98.9% Iranian + 1.1% Yakut @ 1.38
13 98.6% Iranian + 1.4% Altaian @ 1.39
14 98.8% Iranian + 1.2% Tuvinian @ 1.41
15 98.9% Iranian + 1.1% Eskimo @ 1.41
16 98% Iranian + 2% Hazara @ 1.41
17 99.2% Iranian + 0.8% Koryak @ 1.41
18 95.1% Iranian + 4.9% North_Ossetian @ 1.43
19 99.2% Iranian + 0.8% Chukchi @ 1.44
20 94.3% Iranian + 5.7% Kumyk @ 1.44

J Man
06-17-2016, 04:22 AM

I see that one of the Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a Feyli samples is now listed on the Corduene site.

Xizil - J2a1a (M172+, L26+, M47+) - Īlam, Feyli

http://corduene.blogspot.ca/

''Xizil'' seems to be listed as the tribe of this man. 'Is ''Xizil'' the same as ''Khezel''?

feyliboy
06-17-2016, 10:40 AM
I see that one of the Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a Feyli samples is now listed on the Corduene site.

Xizil - J2a1a (M172+, L26+, M47+) - Īlam, Feyli

http://corduene.blogspot.ca/

''Xizil'' seems to be listed as the tribe of this man. 'Is ''Xizil'' the same as ''Khezel''?

YES, they are the same tribe. Just differently spelt.

FeyliDNAproject
06-18-2016, 12:29 AM
Do you know the Haplogroups associated with these results?

I'll post the tribal/clan membership and the y-dna, tommorow.

Almagest
06-18-2016, 06:51 PM
I was more interested in the mtDNA L3. Can you also post the full yDNA of the E1b1b1a man?
I'll post the tribal/clan membership and the y-dna, tommorow.

FeyliDNAproject
06-20-2016, 02:21 PM
I was more interested in the mtDNA L3. Can you also post the full yDNA of the E1b1b1a man?

He belongs to the khezel tribe. As for the Y-DNA, i have no further information, other than that he belongs to yDNA E1b1b1a.

J Man
06-21-2016, 03:13 AM
I unfortunately did not specify the paternal or maternal origin in the questionaire. I can ask the participant the next time i'm in contact with him.

Also I have the final results for the Y-DNA/MtDNA for the final participant.
Y-dna: G2a4
Mtdna: HV1a

So to summarize:

YDNA:
2xJ1
1xJ2a1a
1xE1b1b1c1
1x E1b1b1a
1x G2a4

mtDNA:
2x H*.
2xK1a4.
1xHV1.
1xK1a.
1x HV1a.

the complete known list of feyli y-dna and mtdna mutations:

YDNA:
4x J1
2x J2a1a
1x E1b1b1c1
2x E1b1b1a
1x G2a4

mtDNA:
2x H*.
2x K1a4.
2x HV1.
1x K1a.
1x HV1a.
1x U8b
1x J1d
1x X2e
1x T1
1x H13a1a
1x L3d3a
1x HV

As expected, in overall the both the MtDNA and the Y-dna are of near-eastern or halogroups associated with the spread of the neolithic. The exception being the outlier with L3d3a . It also looks like the number of founding male lineages is much more limited in diversity than the female lineages.

Have you been able to ask the Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a Feyli men which tribes they belong to along their direct paternal lines?

FeyliDNAproject
06-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Have you been able to ask the Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a Feyli men which tribes they belong to along their direct paternal lines?

His paternal line is khezel.

Also we have it confirmed that the J1 lineage within feylis is PF7263.

FeyliDNAproject
06-23-2016, 03:36 PM
I'll have to ask people who do view the results posted in this thread, to refrain from publishing the results in this thread formally on blogs/websites, without the expressed consent of the project adminstrator. As the results are the property of project(Paid for by the project adminstrator). In the future, should anyone want to publish the information on this thread, please do contact me beforehand. In-line with honest etiquette and respect for the integrity of the project.

If you have any questions regarding this, please email me:

[email protected]

J Man
06-23-2016, 04:36 PM
His paternal line is khezel.

Also we have it confirmed that the J1 lineage within feylis is PF7263.

So it is confirmed then 100% that one of the Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a Feyli men belongs to the Khezel tribe along his direct paternal line?

FeyliDNAproject
06-23-2016, 04:42 PM
So it is confirmed then 100% that one of the Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a Feyli men belongs to the Khezel tribe along his direct paternal line?

Precisely. J2a1a is related to khezel. You have a distant prehistoric ancestor in common.

J Man
06-23-2016, 05:42 PM
Precisely. J2a1a is related to khezel. You have a distant prehistoric ancestor in common.

Thanks...Do you know which tribe the other Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a Feyli man belongs to? There are two J2a1a Feyli men that have tested so far correct?

FeyliDNAproject
06-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Thanks...Do you know which tribe the other Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1a Feyli man belongs to? There are two J2a1a Feyli men that have tested so far correct?

I've tried contacting him to no avail. He is a 23andme match with one of the feyliDNAproject members. His tribal affilation i'm not really sure of. It's still unclear if there are any tribe specific Y-DNA.

Zoran
07-02-2016, 06:25 PM
Feyli Kurd here, results:

Y-DNA: J1
Mtdna: L3d1-5

You're welcome

FeyliDNAproject
07-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Feyli Kurd here, results:

Y-DNA: J1
Mtdna: L3d1-5

You're welcome

Hi, if you'd like to become a member of the feyliDNAproject, please do PM me. I'll add your data to the pool of FeyliDNA genomes available. We have 8 samples so far.

Magnetic
07-03-2016, 02:28 PM

is this the average for feylis (from 10 people for example) or the result of 1 person ?

FeyliDNAproject
07-03-2016, 02:31 PM
is this the average for feylis (from 10 people for example) or the result of 1 person ?

It's the average for all available feyli samples, including samples not derived from the project.

Zoran
07-03-2016, 03:18 PM

Its very similar to my results

It's the average for all available feyli samples, including samples not derived from the project.

Can't send PMs but you can just add my results

FeyliDNAproject
07-03-2016, 03:46 PM
Its very similar to my results

Can't send PMs but you can just add my results

Check your PM box. participation is entirely anonymous. There will also be alot more in the future, besides haplogroup listing.

Arbogan
07-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Feylis modelled in qpAdm, courtesy of David at eurogenesblogspot: http://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2016/07/qpadm-tour-of-iran_6.html

Kurd_Feyli
Iran_Chalcolithic 0.707 ± 0.070
Iran_Neolithic 0.125 ± 0.072
Yamnaya_Samara 0.139 ± 0.023
Han 0.029 ± 0.011

Compared to adjacent population like khorramabadi lurs:
Iranian_Lor
Iran_Chalcolithic 0.723 ± 0.078
Iran_Neolithic 0.106 ± 0.079
Yamnaya_Samara 0.130 ± 0.024
Han 0.041 ± 0.011

feylis modelled as part sintashta/andronovo:

Kurd_Feyli
Iran_Chalcolithic 0.615 ± 0.070
Iran_Neolithic 0.174 ± 0.066
Andronovo 0.185 ± 0.028
Han 0.026 ± 0.011

Kurd_Feyli
Iran_Chalcolithic 0.626 ± 0.066
Iran_Neolithic 0.138 ± 0.062
Sintashta 0.191 ± 0.030
Han 0.045 ± 0.010

If the above models are correct and indicative of indo-iranian ancestry, that would mean the indo-iranian ancestry in modern day west iranians would range from 16% to 24% with a bidirectional axis from south(-) to north(+).

FeyliDNAproject
07-11-2016, 01:41 AM
the results of 10 feylis on various admixture tests, plotted in charts:

FeyliDNAproject
07-13-2016, 01:08 AM
Second part of feyli admixture post:

Arbogan
07-19-2016, 07:18 PM
qpAdm and the genetic cues on the ancient origins of feylis part 1

http://feylidnaproject.blogspot.se/2016/07/qpadm-and-genetic-cues-on-ancient.html

Kurd
07-20-2016, 11:25 AM
I tried modeling the Feyli samples using the following base populations referenced in Lazaridis 2016 with qpAdm:

1- Iran Neolithic
2- Anatolian Neolithics
3- Levant Neolithics
4- EHG IO061
5- Han

The same outgroups were used as in Lazaridis 2016.

The majority of the Feyli samples received mediocre to poor fits, thus indicating that some other population(s) were involved in their histories. I did not use Iran Chl as it was shown to be a CHG-Iran N composite in Lazaridis 2016, and thus would hide additional Iran N admixture.

I used EHG, since the more recent steppe groups such as Andronovo, Potapovka, and Sintashta are themselves W Asian farmer admixed and thus their non farmer true steppe geneflow (EHG) would become clouded. Nonetheless, it would be useful to use those W Asian farmer admixed steppe groups to get a model more reflective of realistic admixture events for Feylis, in which case Iran Chl can also be used, if the goal is not to accurately determine geneflow attributable to the aforementioned base groups, but rather to determine contributions from populations that interacted in SC Asia or the Iran area. I will attempt such a model later.

Any fits shown below good, have a significantly higher probability of error.

EXCELLENT FIT

SAMPLE
IRAN NEOL
ANATOLIA NEOL
LEVANT NEOL
EHG
HAN
TAIL PROBABILITY
CHISQ

Kurd_F7
46.5%
37.9%
0.0%
10.9%
4.7%
99.7%

GOOD FIT

SAMPLE
IRAN NEOL
ANATOLIA NEOL
LEVANT NEOL
EHG
HAN
TAIL PROBABILITY
CHISQ

Kurd_F4
39.6%
43.3%
0.0%
11.9%
5.3%
85.2%

MEDIOCRE FITS

SAMPLE
IRAN NEOL
ANATOLIA NEOL
LEVANT NEOL
EHG
HAN
TAIL PROBABILITY
CHISQ

Kurd_F6
61.3%
0.0%
19.3%
17.8%
1.6%
67.2%

Kurd_F2
45.6%
38.0%
0.0%
8.3%
8.1%
65.9%

Kurd_F5
50.4%
0.0%
23.8%
25.8%
0.0%
58.4%

POOR FITS

SAMPLE
IRAN NEOL
ANATOLIA NEOL
LEVANT NEOL
EHG
HAN
TAIL PROBABILITY
CHISQ

Kurd_F8
32.1%
0.0%
39.3%
23.2%
5.4%
29.2%

Kurd_F1
50.2%
0.0%
29.0%
20.8%
0.0%
26.4%

Kurd_F3
45.9%
17.1%
16.0%
21.0%
0.0%
14.7%

Kurd
07-20-2016, 11:38 AM
A quick comparison of the Feyli samples F7 and F4, with northern Iraqi Kurd samples C1 and C3, which also received excellent fits, indicates that Kurd C1 and Kurd C3 received about the same amount of geneflow attributable to Iranian Neolithics, however, the steppe contribution attributable to EHG is almost double.

SAMPLE
MIXING PROPORTIONS

SAMPLE
IRAN NEOL
ANATOLIA NEOL
LEVANT NEOL
EHG
HAN
TAIL PROBABILITY
CHISQ

Kurd C1
44%
33%
4%
19%
0%
97%

Kurd C3
42%
37%
0%
21%
0%
94%

Kurd
07-20-2016, 12:43 PM
Using Andronovo in lieu of EHG, and keeping everything else the same, produced the best fit I have ever seen with qpAdm for Feyli sample F7; Tail probability of 99.9% and a super low chisq of 0.08. As expected the steppe contribution for both Kurd F7 and Kurd C3 increased, since Andronovo is itself less EHG. However, Andronovo is likely a more realistic scenario than EHG, if the goal is not to determine actual EHG geneflow.

Feyli F7 may not represent an average for the feyli samples, but is shown because its fit has the lowest probability of error for all the feyli samples.

EXCELLENT FIT

SAMPLE
IRAN NEOL
ANATOLIA NEOL
LEVANT NEOL
ANDRONOVO
HAN
TAIL PROBABILITY
CHISQ

Kurd_C3
35.5%
24.2%
0.0%
40.4%
0.0%
98.3%

Kurd_C3
33.7%
26.0%
0.0%
39.2%
1.1%
96.4%

Kurd_F7
42.5%
13.6%
12.7%
25.9%
5.3%
99.9%

Kurd_F7
43.0%
0.0%
21.7%
30.1%
5.3%
99.8%

EDIT: Iran Chl was used but produced a significantly worse fit than using Iran N. The fit can be improved by using a combination of Iran Chl and Iran N, but this scenario would not be informative.

EDIT 2: The following steppe surrogates were also used for the above, in lieu of Andronovo:

1- Afansievo
2- Steppe_EMBA
3- Steppe_MLBA
4- Sintashta

The fits were good using Afansievo, Steppe EMBA / MLBA, but were worse than using Andronovo.

Fits using Sintashta were significantly worse than all the above.

Zoran
08-19-2016, 03:48 AM
Ran over the 10 samples and noticed all of them have twice as much South Asian, whats the reason for that? I have barely 5,5% while many of the others have around 10 - 12%.

1 Caucasus_HG 44.28
2 Anatolian_NF 26.35
3 Near_East 13.43
4 European_HG 6.29
5 South_Asian 5.48
6 Siberian 1.47
7 Sub-Saharan 0.95
8 East_Asian 0.91
9 Oceanian 0.83

FeyliDNAproject
08-30-2016, 11:04 PM
Ran over the 10 samples and noticed all of them have twice as much South Asian, whats the reason for that? I have barely 5,5% while many of the others have around 10 - 12%.

1 Caucasus_HG 44.28
2 Anatolian_NF 26.35
3 Near_East 13.43
4 European_HG 6.29
5 South_Asian 5.48
6 Siberian 1.47
7 Sub-Saharan 0.95
8 East_Asian 0.91
9 Oceanian 0.83

Simple, it's a part of variation. Even family members might differ on their overall percentage similarities. Admixture tests don't perfectly correlate with ancestry. And genetic recombination is another factor that needs to be taken account when making an interpretation of these tests.

Hirontumen
01-16-2017, 01:21 PM

Hirontumen
01-16-2017, 05:12 PM
Simple, it's a part of variation. Even family members might differ on their overall percentage similarities. Admixture tests don't perfectly correlate with ancestry. And genetic recombination is another factor that needs to be taken account when making an interpretation of these tests.

For some reason my previous message wasn't typing what I wanted.

Anyway. Do you accept this in relation to different Kurdish groups? Namely Soranis vs Kurmancis vs Feylis etc...

Hedda Gabler
09-13-2017, 12:29 PM
FYI, Feylis are not Kurds, but a Lur tribe. Zaza-Gorani speakers are also not Kurds.

Kurd
09-13-2017, 02:55 PM
FYI, Feylis are not Kurds, but a Lur tribe. Zaza-Gorani speakers are also not Kurds.

Stop spamming the threads with nonesense. You realize that all someone will have to do is google feyli kurds to show that your statement is false.

Try telling this to the Kurds of Halabcha Iraq that Sadam gassed that they are not Feylis or for that matter not Kurds, or the Kurds of the Kurdish city Kermanshah Iran

Edit: Southern Kurdish language

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Kurdish

Hedda Gabler
09-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Stop spamming the threads with nonesense. You realize that all someone will have to do is google feyli kurds to show that your statement is false.

Try telling this to the Kurds of Halabcha Iraq that Sadam gassed that they are not Feylis or for that matter not Kurds, or the Kurds of the Kurdish city Kermanshah Iran

Edit: Southern Kurdish language

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Kurdish

I have googled it and found this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feyli_Lurs

Lupus82
09-18-2017, 07:57 PM
There is a bit confusion on the identity of the Kurds and Lurs.

Lupus82
09-18-2017, 08:19 PM
Hedda Gabler

Are you Kurd yourself?

Hedda Gabler
10-05-2017, 01:40 PM
I think there are both Feyli Lurs and Feyli Kurds. Some southern Kurds may have been assimilated into Lurish Feylis and then known as "Feyli Kurds". Dunno.

Zoran
10-06-2017, 04:36 AM
Kurds from Halabja are not Feyli Kurds, they most likely speak Sorani and are Sunni muslims. Feyli Kurds are Shi'ites and are mostly found around Kermanshah, Ilam and in Baghdad as well.

Saba123
01-14-2018, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, So I tested my mother who is 75% Bakhtiari. When I put her DNA through MDLP16 her first group was Iranian_Lor, which shows she is obviously Luri. But when I check her one-to-many matches on GEDmatch she is not related to anyone from the Feyli Project(some people she is related to are related to you guys thou), and only has like 4ish relatively distant Luri relatives. I found a Bakhtiari member, from one these sites, kit number and found she was related to quite a few of you guys and was not at all related to my mother. I was under the impression that Luri people where all pretty related and quite an endogamy heavy group. Her family is from Ramhormoz most recently but state they are from Behbahan originally(i'm not really sure what tribe they come from)

1 Caucasian 51.4
2 Indian 18.82
3 Steppe 10.08
4 NearEast 8.53
5 Neolithic 8.1
6 Oceanic 0.9
7 EastAfrican 0.74
8 Subsaharian 0.68
9 NorthEastEuropean 0.57
10 Amerindian 0.19

1 Iran_Lor (Lor) 4.12
2 Iranian (Iran) 4.39
3 Iranian (Fars) 4.96
4 Kurd (Syria) 5.33
5 Iran_Mazandrani (Mazandrani) 5.55
6 Zoroastrian (Iran) 5.69
7 Azerbaijani (Baku) 6.69
8 Iranian (Kerman) 6.82
9 Jew (Uzbekistan) 7.44
10 Azeri (Azerbaijan) 7.5

1 62.9% Iran_Mazandrani (Mazandrani) + 37.1% Assyrian (Iraq) @ 2.11
2 66% Iran_Mazandrani (Mazandrani) + 34% Armenian (Yerevan) @ 2.14
3 73.7% Iran_Mazandrani (Mazandrani) + 26.3% Jew (Iraqi) @ 2.23
4 65.4% Armenian (Armenia) + 34.6% Makrani (Pakistan) @ 2.24
5 64.8% Iran_Mazandrani (Mazandrani) + 35.2% Jew (Azerbaijan) @ 2.24
6 68.7% Armenian (Armenia) + 31.3% Brahui (Baluchistan) @ 2.24
7 67.7% Iran_Mazandrani (Mazandrani) + 32.3% Assyrian (Iran) @ 2.25
8 64.8% Iran_Mazandrani (Mazandrani) + 35.2% Armenian (Yegvard) @ 2.28
9 79.6% Iran_Mazandrani (Mazandrani) + 20.4% Cypriot (Cyprus) @ 2.28
10 68.7% Armenian (Armenia) + 31.3% Balochi (Baluchistan) @

FeyliDNAproject
03-22-2021, 11:26 AM
I've recently been able to get 5 Feyli dna samples processed with G25 platform from Eurogenes. Will be posting their results in different G25 modules here.

J Man
03-22-2021, 12:01 PM
I've recently been able to get 5 Feyli dna samples processed with G25 platform from Eurogenes. Will be posting their results in different G25 modules here.

So your project is still active then...That's good news as I thought it was finished. Have you managed to collect any other Feyli samples within the last few years?

FeyliDNAproject
03-22-2021, 12:25 PM
So your project is still active then...That's good news as I thought it was finished. Have you managed to collect any other Feyli samples within the last few years?

Unfortunately for personal reasons I've been on hiatus and the project was shelved. However I'm restarting the project, the recent developments in independent dna analysis tools have also piqued my interest. Equally it's good to see that you're still active Mr.Jman, from my recollection you were an excellent poster.

Anyone with questions on Feyli dna related questions, or a Feyli who is willing to participate as a member in future endeavours is welcome to DM me here, or to the project related email: [email protected]

I will be posting another entry soon.

Jatt1
03-22-2021, 12:31 PM

Let us know their haplogroups too.

J Man
03-22-2021, 01:28 PM
Let us know their haplogroups too.

Check his website...He has the haplogroups listed of the participants in it so far

Magnetic
03-22-2021, 01:36 PM
@FeyliDNAproject

can you send me gedmatch kit numbers of feylis please ?

FeyliDNAproject
03-22-2021, 06:53 PM
@FeyliDNAproject

can you send me gedmatch kit numbers of feylis please ?

I do not have them up on gedmatch anymore unfortunately. For future reference please DM with questions of this nature.

Jatt1
03-22-2021, 10:53 PM

YDNA:
5 x J1

MTDNA:
2x H13a1
2x J1
1x T1
1x X2e
1x U8b
1x J2b1

YDNA:
5 x J1 what subclades are these J1s?

FeyliDNAproject
03-24-2021, 05:54 AM
From what I remember the lineages we discovered by sequencing Feylis was following:
5x J1a1b1a
2x J2a1a
1x E1b1b1c1
2x E1b1b1a
1x G2a4/G2a2b

All of these are consistent with genetic diffusion of neolithic population movements in west-asia. The only noticable finding is J1a1b1a being predominant lineage from the limited sample reference. I'm hoping in the future more feylis get tested and join the feyliDNAproject.

FeyliDNAproject
03-24-2021, 08:28 AM
I took sometime to analyze the 5 Feyli samples that were recently processed with G25. It has some interesting findings. I created a Feyli average.

Analyzing with G25 Vahaduo distance tool:
As predicted the neighbouring Lurs(from Khorramabad) and Kurds(I haven't confirmed, but i suspect Iraqi kurds?) are the closest to Feylis genetically. Which confirms my longstanding premise that Feylis are a mixed/transitional population inbetween Southern-Kurds and Lurs.

Individual distances:

(Post continued below.)

FeyliDNAproject
03-24-2021, 08:48 AM

Feyli West-asian multi-component analysis:

Individual results:

As can be seen in this PCA, Feylis sit firmly in the West-Iranic cline, being closest to Kurds and Lurs, both highly related populations.
PCA:

FeyliDNAproject
03-24-2021, 09:08 AM

Conclusion: Feylis are as asserted earlier, a transitional group within the broader NW Iranian genetic group, analysis with Vahaduo tools corroborates this position. Feylis are relevant the intra-variation of west-iranic groups. Hopefully future sampling will bring more light to the genetic variation of understudied regions in West-Iran and neighbouring regions.

Helves
03-24-2021, 12:07 PM
Great work. Do you mind sharing the coordinates for the Feyli average?

Johnny ola
03-24-2021, 02:46 PM

feyli,0.0930502,0.1084078,-0.066373,-0.03553,-0.0481625,-0.001534,0.0050525,-0.0008075,-0.0303208,-0.015991,0.0017458,-0.0042338,0.006058,-0.0051607,0.0034268,0.0112038,-0.0020535,0.0002218,0.0034568,-0.0095982,0.0014038,-0.0041112,0.0012015,-0.0020785,0.005688

FeyliDNAproject
03-24-2021, 02:48 PM

Absolutely, you're welcome to use it any future modelling purposes: Feyli_average,0.0928796,0.1096772,-0.0669764,-0.0354008,-0.0467776,-0.002008,0.004935,-0.001246,-0.0299832,-0.0145058,0.0006496,-0.0035668,0.004222,-0.004101,0.0043972,0.0091222,-0.0049546,0.0010642,0.0037458,-0.0096546,0.0008984,-0.004476,0.0000984,-0.0020724,0.0060592

David Bush
05-10-2021, 02:57 PM
From what I remember the lineages we discovered by sequencing Feylis was following:
5x J1a1b1a
2x J2a1a
1x E1b1b1c1
2x E1b1b1a
1x G2a4/G2a2b

Other Samples of Feylis in more FTDNA
(Probably all of them)
637217-Kakaie (IQ Project)-Kakie, Daquq -Iraq-R-M269
BP21046-Pir Khodri-(IQ Project)-Kurd, Qara Dagh-Khanaqin-Iraq-R-M198
637304-Soramiri-(IQ Project)- Kurd-Khanaqin-Iraq-R-M207
659509-Emad (ammar alani studies T)-Feylis-malekshahi-wasit province-Iraq-J-Z43617
MI53716-Albassam (IQ Project)-Fayli Kurd, Iraq,J-M172
MI53718-Mamoosi (IQ Project)-Mamoosi (Fayli Kurd) wasit province-nomaniyah,Iraq,J-M172
MI20307-Khaliwand (ammar alani studies T) -wasit province,Iraq,J-M172
533995-Fayli (ammar alani studies T) -Feylis-malekshahi-Diala Province,Iraq,J-ZS3128
BP11553-Shiravani (IQ Project)-Shiravan Wazn Badini Kurd-Iraq ,J-ZS1706
637371-Abdulkarem (IQ Project) -Fayli Baghdad-Iraq,J-M267
637321,Kakie (IQ Project),Kakaie khanaqin, Iraq ,J-ZS1706
BP21041,Al Radhi (IQ project),Falyi Kurd - Wasit,Iraq,G-M201
BP11499,Albadrawi (IQ Project) Fayli Kurd,Iraq,E-M35
637317,Aljadiri (IQ Project),Jadiri - Fayli Kurd Maysan,Iraq,E-M35

NoLandFeily
06-28-2021, 02:52 PM
Hello, I'm Feily from Ali Shirwan, anyone tested from this tribe ? can someone explain to me if Ali Shirwan originally Arab or ? would be appreciated.

FeyliDNAproject
07-02-2021, 04:30 PM
Hello, I'm Feily from Ali Shirwan, anyone tested from this tribe ? can someone explain to me if Ali Shirwan originally Arab or ? would be appreciated.

To answer this question, from the results that have been derived over the years, arab origin is highly unlikely for feylis in general. As for Ali-sherwan, there are two members who declared their clan affinity as ali-sherwan. Neither show any genetic signature via admixture tests or Y-DNA for arab ancestry. Both belonged local Y-DNA J1 subclades, the same went for the.

For further info: I will refer you to recent entry here and older feylidna blogposts:
https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?5850-feyliDNAproject-the-first-independent-project-for-SW-Iran&p=760090&viewfull=1#post760090

and for haplogroup assignments.
http://feylidnaproject.blogspot.com/2016/07/feylidna-haplogroup-results.html

Halgurd
07-04-2021, 08:17 AM

I know a Feyli Kurd who is Ali Shirwan. He claims that his family descends from the Prophet Muhammad, and he is also J1.

NoLandFeily
07-05-2021, 07:31 PM
I know a Feyli Kurd who is Ali Shirwan. He claims that his family descends from the Prophet Muhammad, and he is also J1.

Yeah I wasn't sure how validated the family tree is as nobody in my family has the ''Syed'' title. Also I'm a complete noob and fairly new to the DNA testing so I'm not really sure what J1 refers to, I thought Arabs are J1 ? I just stumbled upon this thread randomly, I honestly cannot wait for my 23andMe kit to arrive so hopefully I can get some answers.