PDA

View Full Version : R1b-S530 in Scotland and Wales

J1 DYS388=13
11-20-2015, 05:39 AM
"New evidence shows a Scottish warlord may have helped save Celts on the Llyn Peninsula from Irish invaders.

The research was carried out as part of ScotlandsDNA a project tracing the ancestry of the Scottish people - and the forerunner of a similar project now tracing the ancestry of the Welsh CymruDNAWales."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/scottish-warlord-rode-llyn-peninsula-10472572

Romilius
11-20-2015, 08:06 AM
"New evidence shows a Scottish warlord may have helped save Celts on the Llyn Peninsula from Irish invaders.

The research was carried out as part of ScotlandsDNA a project tracing the ancestry of the Scottish people - and the forerunner of a similar project now tracing the ancestry of the Welsh CymruDNAWales."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/scottish-warlord-rode-llyn-peninsula-10472572

Interesting... so they were able to select the Y signature of that tribe.

Dubhthach
11-20-2015, 10:08 AM
Typical puff piece from usual suspects. All the evidence they have is that there is a cluster in Wales that is L1335+/S530+ ("Wales 2") and L1065-

In comparison the Scottish Cluster is L1335+/S530+ and L1065+ (And poisitive for several other SNP's). The more likely explanation instead of some fanciful warlord is that both clusters shared common ancestor and that lineages diverge with one ending up in Scotland and other in Wales.

That doesn't sell newspapers though!

http://ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=9

joeflood
02-29-2016, 05:54 AM
Sorry load of rubbish as usual. L1335/S530 is an original early Bronze age L21 branch, probably Welsh and isnt visible in Scotland until about 500AD, 3000 years after its origin. How would you ride from Scotland to Lynn? Media are so gullible. Who invents this stuff?

castle3
02-29-2016, 07:25 AM
I've mentioned some explanations re the same/similar issue. Please see my post:

S38/L624 Scottish HG (Welsh Links?) posted on 22nd Feb 2016. (under the 'R' Forum)

(It should be titled S389, not S38)

Most modern scholars, including author Tim Clarkson, believe the Cunedda theory was the work of Welsh propagandists trying to elevate the status of their rulers. The 'Historia Brittonum' is the source often quoted for this link. However, there are some curious coincidences that need explanation. One being the existence of Allt (sic) Cunedda Hill, near Kidwelly in Wales - similar to Cunedda, ruler of Strathclyde.

My own S389/L624 HG, which is very Scottish, is said to be found in approx. 1% of north-east Scots. S27900 contains some 2% of Welsh folk. Both these HGs fall under ZZ37. I believe that this particular Scottish-Welsh link is via the Iron Age, or earlier.

Both ZZ37 & L21 appear under R-P312. DF13 lies under L21, with L371 below that. L371 is classified by some as 'Ancient Welsh'. Some 3.5% of Welshmen, the majority from North Wales, are via such stock. L513 also appears under DF13 & appears to be, for want of a better term, 'Ancient Celt'.