PDA

View Full Version : Caution re AncestryDNA shipping

AJL
12-10-2015, 05:05 PM
A note of warning for those ordering AncestryDNA from the UK or Canada:

My kit arrived the other day and contained a prepaid return package using a form of USPS International Business Reply Prepaid from Ireland.

These WILL NOT BE RECOGNIZED by either Royal Mail or Canada Post and may end up in the dead letter office/indirectable mail.

firemonkey
12-11-2015, 03:45 AM
I won't expect any results from Ancestry then although I will give it the 20 days Ancestry services say it can take for the kit to get to them to see if it arrives there.
If not how do you go about getting your money back? If you are right this is a monumental/unforgivable error by Ancestry.

AJL
12-11-2015, 03:57 AM
^ Good question. I paid postage to the Irish destination named on the box, which I hope is a mailing house in Ireland which will forward the sample to the Ancestry labs. But if the sample doesn't show as received within a few weeks of my sending it, I will ask for my money back.

firemonkey
12-11-2015, 04:14 AM
Just had a thought on this. If this is the case and Ancestry have been doing things this way for some time then I guess they wouldn't have got many,if any,kits from those in the UK to be tested. If so wouldn't there have been a major hue and cry about this quite some time ago?

paulgill
12-11-2015, 04:29 AM
I won't expect any results from Ancestry then although I will give it the 20 days Ancestry services say it can take for the kit to get to them to see if it arrives there.
If not how do you go about getting your money back? If you are right this is a monumental/unforgivable error by Ancestry.

It probably gets to them anyways.

AJL
12-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Ancestry have been doing things this way for some time

But they just started shipping to Canada.

AJL
12-14-2015, 02:50 AM
^OK, I've heard back from Ancestry. They say the kit is indeed meant to go to Ireland, so all should be well.