PDA

View Full Version : Won't be getting any results from Ancestry

firemonkey
12-14-2015, 02:16 PM
It's obvious it's lost or been mislaid. I hope it's easy to get my money back or should I opt for another kit?

Jessie
12-14-2015, 02:26 PM
It's obvious it's lost or been mislaid. I hope it's easy to get my money back or should I opt for another kit?

How long has it been since you sent your sample in? It can take about 6 weeks.

firemonkey
12-14-2015, 02:50 PM
The kit was sent from the UK to Ireland on the 4th and is still not showing as arrived for testing. I find it hard to believe that it would take more than 10 days to get to Ireland. I had read somewhere that it takes 3-5 working days for post from UK to Ireland. If it did get there I would of course expect it to take 6-8 weeks for processing and results to be available.

dp
12-14-2015, 06:31 PM
considering the test was $69 Thanksgiving weekend they may have got swamped with orders,
-dp
ps: I was a day late in trying to order :-)

firemonkey
12-14-2015, 07:17 PM
considering the test was $69 Thanksgiving weekend they may have got swamped with orders,
-dp
ps: I was a day late in trying to order :-)

I got the kit ,activated it ,did the sample and sent it off . It just hasn't arrived at the testing place . Or are you saying they only mark it as "arrived" when they are ready to start testing it and not when it actually gets to them?

AJL
12-14-2015, 10:22 PM
The kit is apparently sent to Ireland because it has cheaper post, and from there is forwarded to a lab in the US.

firemonkey
12-15-2015, 01:28 AM
@AJL That would explain a lot. Who told you that ? I had thought the testing was done in Ireland.

AJL
12-15-2015, 05:01 AM
@AJL That would explain a lot. Who told you that ? I had thought the testing was done in Ireland.

The fine print of the TOS say that your DNA will be exported to and processed in the US. They may be using the lab of the Sorenson Foundation, which Ancestry acquired.

I've had a number of items of bulk mail sent to me from Ireland that ultimately came from other countries, so I am guessing it is the current corporate mass mailing hub (the Netherlands used to be popular spot to send from, but Ireland seems to have overtaken them).

firemonkey
12-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Seems I was more than a little previous. That'll teach me to read TOS properly

AJL
12-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Well, I can certainly understand your concern when you lay out a hundred quid for a test. :)

firemonkey
12-16-2015, 06:41 PM
Got email saying kit had arrived a few hours ago.