PDA

View Full Version : V3 customers and the transition to the new site

MatAust21
01-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Has any V3 customer had their results updated yet?

Did the people at 23andme mention anything as to when everyone's transition is supposed to be complete?

I have asked their customer service similar questions about a month ago, only to be ignored so far. To be honest, I don't even expect them to answer anymore.

Stephen1986
01-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Mine hasn't been updated yet.

Dr_McNinja
01-06-2016, 08:17 PM
I see $199 on their site now. For what? Same old Y-DNA, mtDNA and an ever shrinking amount of autosomal tools that haven't been updated in years.

The new Nat Geo has more autosomal markers and a better YDNA/mtDNA tree for $149.99 now.

Jutlander
01-07-2016, 09:46 AM
I was just told that it was being worked on, but with no indication of when or even an estimate. Maybe there is a problem they won't admit and we have been lost.

MatAust21
01-07-2016, 06:16 PM
I was just told that it was being worked on, but with no indication of when or even an estimate. Maybe there is a problem they won't admit and we have been lost.

I have actually considered that too. The way they are not updating us on what is going on is a bit suspecious. Perhaps only recently they realized that old customer's data is not compatible with the new site, and don't know yet how to tell us. Let's hope that is not the case.

Dr_McNinja
01-07-2016, 09:16 PM
I checked it out through a friend's account. It's actually inferior to the current UI at 23andMe. Even fewer tools and a confusing layout.

dp
01-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Just received this from 23andme:

Your special offer ends Friday

For our customers, we have been offering
a special price of $149 - a savings of $50. The offer ends this Friday, January 8th.

dp :-)

evon
01-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Think I am being moved to the new site in the next few days as things have started to change and I no longer see certain aspects of the old site..

Táltos
01-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Well they are doing something. The only matches my kits have are to each other. We are all on v4, except my mother she is v3. Not looking forward to the new site. If this is what they want to do they need to get everyone on it already.

evon
01-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Well they are doing something. The only matches my kits have are to each other. We are all on v4, except my mother she is v3. Not looking forward to the new site. If this is what they want to do they need to get everyone on it already.

I noticed such Relative finder glitches allot in the past, but this time they removed CoA from the "Ancestry overview" page, which is new..

AJL
01-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Something's definitely messed up, I can't see anyone in my RF more distant than my second cousin, not even two second cousins once removed nor my two third cousins.

vettor
01-08-2016, 06:55 PM
messages from them said ...Have you sent your v3 data to ftdna ..........what does that mean, ..........does v3 have more markers than a 67 marker ftdna test ? ...............will v3 people not from the USA get kicked out ................I was told that the will convert only v3 USA for free.

all confusing to me especially since i have mixed tests of v3 and v4

BTW....my natgeno2 went to ftdna and surpassed ftdna in extra SNP's ...........do they expect I get more from v3?

Táltos
01-08-2016, 07:26 PM
messages from them said ...Have you sent your v3 data to ftdna ..........what does that mean, ..........does v3 have more markers than a 67 marker ftdna test ? ...............will v3 people not from the USA get kicked out ................I was told that the will convert only v3 USA for free.

all confusing to me especially since i have mixed tests of v3 and v4

BTW....my natgeno2 went to ftdna and surpassed ftdna in extra SNP's ...........do they expect I get more from v3?

Was this message on your homepage or sent to your email?

Stephen1986
01-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Yeah, my RF has changed to just myself and my brother on both of our profiles as well.

Táltos
01-08-2016, 07:45 PM
I noticed such Relative finder glitches allot in the past, but this time they removed CoA from the "Ancestry overview" page, which is new..

I've never seen that happen. You are right though they have finally removed CoA from the Ancestry Overview page. They have also removed the "It looks like you have Ashkenazi ancestry" section from this page. It is missing from my daughter's and my page, as they used CoA for that as well. Sigh...

Stephen1986
01-09-2016, 12:01 AM
Yeah, my RF has changed to just myself and my brother on both of our profiles as well.

Everyone's back now, and I can send a message (well, it gives me the option but it comes up with an error) even to anonymous matches so I'll probably see more changes over the next few days.

Jutlander
01-21-2016, 11:29 AM
Anyone had any luck yet? Im still left with nothing but basic things on the original site.

Stephen1986
01-21-2016, 12:48 PM
I can't seem to send messages to new public matches, their profile pages don't seem to exist and at least doesn't show up in search results when looking for their surname.

Gerlyons
01-30-2016, 06:41 PM
This is the reply I received when I emailed customer service:

Rachel, Jan 26, 2:17 PM:

Hello

Thank you for contacting the 23andMe Team. We understand that the transition process has taken some time and we appreciate your patience. As a customer who was genotyped on a previous version of our chip, you will be automatically transitioned to the new site experience without any additional fees. However, we are still determining which reports customers genotyped on your platform will be eligible to receive at no additional cost, and whether an upgrade to a new platform will be required.

You will be notified via email once we have more information regarding your account. At this time, the best timeline we can provide is that you will be transitioned within about 8 weeks. We simply do not have a more precise timeline for customers.

We appreciate your patience during this time. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

The 23andMe Team

vettor
01-30-2016, 07:17 PM
This is the reply I received when I emailed customer service:

Rachel, Jan 26, 2:17 PM:

Hello

Thank you for contacting the 23andMe Team. We understand that the transition process has taken some time and we appreciate your patience. As a customer who was genotyped on a previous version of our chip, you will be automatically transitioned to the new site experience without any additional fees. However, we are still determining which reports customers genotyped on your platform will be eligible to receive at no additional cost, and whether an upgrade to a new platform will be required.

You will be notified via email once we have more information regarding your account. At this time, the best timeline we can provide is that you will be transitioned within about 8 weeks. We simply do not have a more precise timeline for customers.

We appreciate your patience during this time. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

The 23andMe Team

This was the standard reply to USA customers on v3 ............international customers on v3 as far as I know do not qualify for a "free" upgrade ( I call it downgrade)

can you forward me the email address and I will write to Rachel for my circumstance

Gerlyons
01-30-2016, 07:55 PM
The email is just a reply to a customer service request about the transition. The email address is from customer service: customercare@23andme.com. (I tried to send you the entire email via PM but I have not posted enough to use PM yet)

evon
02-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Today many of my matches in DNA relatives have had their names turned black, which I guess reflect their transition status as I can no longer click them. These include new and old matches from all over the world, which debunks the myth that only US based costumers are being transitioned...

Táltos
02-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Today many of my matches in DNA relatives have had their names turned black, which I guess reflect their transition status as I can no longer click them. These include new and old matches from all over the world, which debunks the myth that only US based costumers are being transitioned...

Yeah I can see this with all of my kits as well. I am disappointed that this transition has been taking so long. I have given up with trying to do anything over there.

evon
02-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Yeah I can see this with all of my kits as well. I am disappointed that this transition has been taking so long. I have given up with trying to do anything over there.

Think we still have to wait a good deal before we are all on the new site, maybe by the end of Feb if we are lucky?

leonardo
02-08-2016, 06:45 PM
I noticed this last night. The majority of mine are blacked out. You can send a message to these people, but I have had little success doing this.

rod
02-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Remember when 23andme was selling subscriptions for the "lifetime of the platform"? I wonder if the lifetime of the v2 and v3 platforms has expired.

I sorted my relative finder matches by "most recent first" and looked at my oldest matches. Two of my early matches from the v2 days are now black names and apparently have "transitioned" to the new experience. Both of them were 23andme study participants. Back then I corresponded with one of them (a public predicted 3rd-5th cousin) and we found that we were 4th cousins once removed.
March 8, 2014 he completed a more permanent "transition" at age 89. I don't think he's signed in to the "new experience".

vettor
02-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Remember when 23andme was selling subscriptions for the "lifetime of the platform"? I wonder if the lifetime of the v2 and v3 platforms has expired.

I sorted my relative finder matches by "most recent first" and looked at my oldest matches. Two of my early matches from the v2 days are now black names and apparently have "transitioned" to the new experience. Both of them were 23andme study participants. Back then I corresponded with one of them (a public predicted 3rd-5th cousin) and we found that we were 4th cousins once removed.
March 8, 2014 he completed a more permanent "transition" at age 89. I don't think he's signed in to the "new experience".

we who have v3 with v4 accounts , would IMO be the last actioned by 23andme................we are left in the doldrums

Titane
02-21-2016, 10:21 PM
All of a sudden I can send invitations to all my DNA relatives. This had been blocked since last November. If names appearing in black are an indication, the people who've transition are about 10% of my contacts...

vettor
03-27-2016, 04:33 PM
i received this ( below) as part of some notes from 23andme administration

Our records indicate that you were genotyped on our v3 genotyping chip. You will be automatically transitioned to the new site experience without any additional fees. However, we are still determining which reports customers genotyped on your platform will be eligible to receive at no additional cost, and whether an upgrade to a new platform will be required.

so , it seems my v4 and v3 accounts will different

evon
06-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Any news regarding when this transition will be complete? Really wanting to explore my matches further with the new feature...

vettor
06-27-2016, 06:56 PM
Any news regarding when this transition will be complete? Really wanting to explore my matches further with the new feature...

Only the USA people on v3 will be done or are being done by end of August...........other nations on v3 will be left as they are.

MatAust21
06-27-2016, 07:02 PM

I received an email from them some 3 weeks ago, saying it would happen in late August.

Am I the only one?

EDIT: Nevermind the question. Vettor answered it.

evon
06-27-2016, 07:54 PM
Only the USA people on v3 will be done or are being done by end of August...........other nations on v3 will be left as they are.

That is conflicting with my own information as I have what seems to be V3 matches from all over Europe that are all on the new platform now already...And how would they know which are US and not US based, as people move around allot and many samples are largely anonymous.....

MatAust21
06-27-2016, 09:49 PM
...And how would they know which are US and not US based, as people move around allot and many samples are largely anonymous.....

Did you buy it from the US version of the site? I think that is how they know.

evon
06-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Did you buy it from the US version of the site? I think that is how they know.

Mine has not been transferred, but many others from my Relative list has..Has anyone actually heard this from 23andme, as I have only heard it from others and it sounds like a typical rumor started by disgruntle costumers..

vettor
06-27-2016, 11:15 PM
That is conflicting with my own information as I have what seems to be V3 matches from all over Europe that are all on the new platform now already...And how would they know which are US and not US based, as people move around allot and many samples are largely anonymous.....

I have neither v3 or v4 update to the new system ..............I have heard of no non-Usa person being upgrade to the new system which commenced in november 2015

I say again, I have not even had the v4 upgraded

evon
06-28-2016, 10:10 AM
I have neither v3 or v4 update to the new system ..............I have heard of no non-Usa person being upgrade to the new system which commenced in november 2015

I say again, I have not even had the v4 upgraded

Had a quick look at my matches and I see at least one Swedish, one Norwegian, one Icelandic and one Canadian that are marked in black, meaning they are on the new site, these are old matches, so they were either on v3 or v2 before being transferred...So again, the non-US thing seems like a rumor nothing else..