PDA

View Full Version : Z30503.. restricted to south asia?

soulblighter
01-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Thanks to Ray, Z30503 is available as an SNP test at FTDNA. It is downstream of P303. So far two south indian brahmins and a pakistani punjabi sample from 1K genome are positive while those from europe are negative.
If anyone knows P303 samples that are negative for known subgroups, please consider testing for this SNP after joining the haplogroup G root level project at FTDNA.

soulblighter
02-02-2016, 02:45 AM
If anyone is M278+, please test for Z30503! This would confirm their relationship.

soulblighter
01-01-2019, 07:23 AM
The G-Z30503 club is getting bigger!
The most exciting sample is one from Tatarstan (https://www.yfull.com/tree/G-Z30503/), which is Z30503*
Another sample is from Ukraine (https://www.familytreedna.com/public/G-Uncategorized?iframe=yresults) and under Z40458 (subclade of Z30503) like mine.

So I now have my paternal YDNA (G-Z30503+), maternal YDNA (R1a-Z2123+) and maternal mtDNA (C4a1) all connecting my ancestry to people currently living in the Tatarstan region of Russia....

GenealogyMike
02-26-2019, 12:00 AM
Hello Soulblighter,

You have a new club member. I received my FTDNA result today for my Big Y-700 test and I now have a confirmed Y DNA haplogroup of G-Z30503

Now the kicker - My direct paternal line is from Sicily, Italy. I have traced it back to the 1700's so far. I do show a small percentage of Anatolian/Middle Eastern DNA ranging from less than 1% up to 2% depending on the company. So I would assume that this is probably coming from the same ancestors that gave me my Y DNA.

Side note: My maternal line is 100% northern and western European, Denmark to be precise - mtDNA haplogroup T2b24.

The question that I have that will probably never be answered is how in the world this Y haplogroup ended up in Sicily in the first place. My current theory is that a paternal descendant of Middle-Eastern origins might have come to Sicily as part of the Muslim occupation of the 800's and left a little of himself (a Y Chromosome to be specific) behind. Or maybe possibly even farther back during Greek/Roman times as a lot of trade went back and forth - Who knows.

soulblighter
02-28-2019, 08:19 PM
Hello Soulblighter,

You have a new club member. I received my FTDNA result today for my Big Y-700 test and I now have a confirmed Y DNA haplogroup of G-Z30503

Now the kicker - My direct paternal line is from Sicily, Italy. I have traced it back to the 1700's so far. I do show a small percentage of Anatolian/Middle Eastern DNA ranging from less than 1% up to 2% depending on the company. So I would assume that this is probably coming from the same ancestors that gave me my Y DNA.

Side note: My maternal line is 100% northern and western European, Denmark to be precise - mtDNA haplogroup T2b24.

The question that I have that will probably never be answered is how in the world this Y haplogroup ended up in Sicily in the first place. My current theory is that a paternal descendant of Middle-Eastern origins might have come to Sicily as part of the Muslim occupation of the 800's and left a little of himself (a Y Chromosome to be specific) behind. Or maybe possibly even farther back during Greek/Roman times as a lot of trade went back and forth - Who knows.

Haplogroup G is extremely understudied, and is most likely associated with all major ancient civilizations. I would encourage you to submit results to yfull (https://www.yfull.com/tree/g/) if you haven't already so that they can expand G-Z30503 tree!
There is a sample from Tatarstan in Russia as well apart from the Ukraine sample and now your ancestry from Sicily most likely shows it may all boil down to those that carried agriculture, farming and the idea of settled civilization all over the old world.

GenealogyMike
03-01-2019, 05:18 AM
Thank you for your feedback. I am in the process of doing the upload to yfull - Just waiting on my BAM file to finish generating at FTDNA. A project manager in the G Uncategorized&root group in FTDNA groups suggested I do the same. It will be interesting to see what conclusions they come up with at yfull.

GenealogyMike
03-23-2019, 11:38 PM
Well - The plot thickens!

I got my YFull result back today - Not much of a change. Went from G-Z30503 to G-Z30503* - I guess that means they think I should be in a new terminal subclade but are not sure how to categorize it? Its just me and a Russian with this status at the moment.

Guess I will just wait till some more G-Z30503's test and end up in the same pickle jar?

GenealogyMike
03-26-2019, 01:06 AM
Just a quick update,

Mr. Ray Banks from the G-Uncategorized&Root project on FTDNA just sent me a extremely in-depth e-mail regarding my G-Z30503* status and the next step he needed me to take to further his analysis. The journey continues...B)

This excerpt from Mr. Banks' e-mail may be of interest to you all:

"On your attached spreadsheet, your unique mutations (with my notes) are listed first. I changed the tree today to show a new subgroup under Z30503. The mutations that previously were shown shared by all men are shown in the second section of your spreadsheet called Mother Group Mutations. You have negative results for Z30519 and Z30521 (in green). But everyone else underZ30503 are positive for these two mutations. These men are from India, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, and Ukraine. The samples are from BigY or the 1000 Genomes Project or the Human Genome Diversity Project. So these Z30519 men moved around southwestern Asia, and your ancestor apparently moved at some time to Italy. The major splitting at 10,000 years ago in most locations was during a period of hunter-gatherers, but agriculture was just beginning in the area of Iraq, Syria and Turkey then."

soulblighter
06-26-2019, 02:28 AM
Just a quick update,

Mr. Ray Banks from the G-Uncategorized&Root project on FTDNA just sent me a extremely in-depth e-mail regarding my G-Z30503* status and the next step he needed me to take to further his analysis. The journey continues...B)

This excerpt from Mr. Banks' e-mail may be of interest to you all:

"On your attached spreadsheet, your unique mutations (with my notes) are listed first. I changed the tree today to show a new subgroup under Z30503. The mutations that previously were shown shared by all men are shown in the second section of your spreadsheet called Mother Group Mutations. You have negative results for Z30519 and Z30521 (in green). But everyone else underZ30503 are positive for these two mutations. These men are from India, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, and Ukraine. The samples are from BigY or the 1000 Genomes Project or the Human Genome Diversity Project. So these Z30519 men moved around southwestern Asia, and your ancestor apparently moved at some time to Italy. The major splitting at 10,000 years ago in most locations was during a period of hunter-gatherers, but agriculture was just beginning in the area of Iraq, Syria and Turkey then."

Hello Mike, Where is Ray posting his new Haplogroup G tree? Is he suggesting Z-30503 ended up in its current locations with spread of early farmers?
I guess the Ukrainian sample is not in Yfull ( and Ray does not have the one from Russia, Tatarstan that is on Yfull: https://www.yfull.com/tree/G-Z30503/)

GenealogyMike
07-15-2019, 01:47 PM
Hello, Just noticed your question, sorry that I did not respond sooner.

In the FTDNA G-Uncategorized&Root Rolf Langland uploaded this G-SNP Tree that I believe is based on Ray's recent additions. https://d3tije9h5o4l4c.cloudfront.net/social-photos/3130098?dpr=2&fit=max&h=442&w=590

I do not know what other samples Ray has reviewed other than the ones submitted to him directly or that he has access to through FTDNA so you may be correct about the 2 YFull samples.

On a side note - A really distant relation to me on my Paternal line just did a Big Y 700 as he wants to see if his branch is in the same group as I and a close cousin whose 23&me also put him into G-Z30503. I have a feeling that he will be. Maybe my paternal branch will end up with its own unique haplogroup - That would be cool.

GenealogyMike
12-09-2019, 01:30 AM
G-Z30503 update.....

So my cousins Big Y 700 test was completed in October. He is officially G-Z30503 (now G-FT14587 see below)... Yay, Confirmation that our lines are directly related and as we suspected probably about 9-10 generations back! Now if we can only find the records for the few missing ancestors.... the search goes on...

So had him upload to yFull for placement on the Y Tree - He and I are still listed as G-Z30503* even after the last revision so that had no impact on that.

Also had him submit his BAM to Ray Banks for review and we got the results back today on that............. He designated a new branch of G-Z30503 for us and it is interesting. He has G-Z30503 branching into 2 parts now. The first branch has all the existing G-Z30503 sub haplogroups branching off of it and then my cousin and I are on the other branch. FTDNA already updated the block tree and has us designated as now being in haplogroup G-FT14587 now.

When you think about it this makes historical sense as the first branch of G-Z30503's that most of the testers are in stayed in the Anatolian/Near East and then mostly spread out to the south to the Persian Gulf/Arabian Peninsula and then further south to the Indian sub-continent with a few stragglers going north Russia/Ukraine. Then the second branch that my cousin and I are in followed the VILLAGE PEOPLE's instructions to "Go West" and migrated to the Mediterranean....with our direct line ending up in Sicily bringing with them a love for really cheesy disco music that has survived to this day. (that last part is just a theory... :P )

What will be interesting to see later down the road is as more people test if any more people end up not just on my side of the tree but if it will end up branching out like the first branch and where they show up on a map. Still a lot to find out.

You can see the changes on Ray's G Tree - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/111Iqo0vRt-sr8MJT7pavKQ0qoWxYSc1P7hnMRq3GijU/edit#gid=0

GenealogyMike
12-30-2019, 06:26 PM
So YFull has now also updated the G-Z30503 portion of the YTree and has added a new haplogroup designation for me and my cousin.

Now, just like FTDNA, They have G-Z30503 branching into 2 parts with my cousin and I in one branch and all the rest of the existing G-Z30503 sub haplogroups branching off of another.

What is different is the SNP that YFull decided to use to designate it - FTDNA went with G-FT14587 and YFull has decided to go with G-BY96506. Now when Ray first reported back a few weeks ago and the FTDNA tree had not updated I had assumed they would go with G-BY96506 but they went with the G-FT14587 instead and now YFull is using the one I thought they would, G-BY96506. I found that interesting. Yay dueling haplogroup designations :fencing:

I see that some of the other testers look to be in the same boat with different designations on the 2 trees.

I wonder if there will ever be a consensus on the naming in the future between the different trees?

Ironheadhasan
01-19-2020, 05:22 AM
I don't know if this thread is still active but I was born in Turkey and so were my parents and theirs. My haplogroup is G-Z30503.

Maxdp
01-20-2020, 12:30 AM
Ciao Mike Guzzetta, what is your Gedmatch kit? I will run it to check some things.

Max

Ftdna DNA-Projects Administrator of: mtDNA U3b, RomanyDNA, G-CTS342
Admin of G-M201 Group on Facebook

soulblighter
01-21-2020, 01:18 AM
I don't know if this thread is still active but I was born in Turkey and so were my parents and theirs. My haplogroup is G-Z30503.

Hey welcome! have you done a Big Y or similar test? If so, did you upload your sample to Y-Full?

GenealogyMike
02-04-2020, 01:41 PM
Hi Max,

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you.

I am also on FTDNA - I am a member of the G-Uncategorized&Root Project as we do not have enough of us G-Z30503 testers to really do a project at that level yet.

My FTDNA ID: 873595
My GEDmatch ID: T698565
My YFull ID: YF18987
MitoYDNA ID: T10578

Ilgar
08-27-2020, 05:45 PM

Please go ahead and order YFull interpretation. We have tested new Azerbaijani (turkic speaking) he is G-Z30503*