PDA

View Full Version : DF13 and NGS

DeaEff-Thirteen
01-14-2016, 04:38 PM
another df-13'er here;been lurking around about year or so but never bothered to post. my yseq test was negative for all the further subclades tested at that time. are there any 'floatinng around' ,unstudied snp's from a 23nme y-file that would help with the df13'ers or is it useless without ngs testing at this point? i already know who to send my file to(a.Wiiliamson, or m. Jost , I think) from lurking around here, but not sure where or how, or if it is a waste of time without ngs testing. zipped,or unzipped, full file or y-file only? gimme a link y'all! ....and how do I get an invite to the yahoo threads.

dp
01-14-2016, 07:33 PM
are you in the Yahoo L21 group?
dp

swid
01-14-2016, 10:34 PM
my yseq test was negative for all the further subclades tested at that time.

You may want to test Z39589 (at YSEQ or in an FGC NGS test) or ZZ10 (in FTDNA's L21 Pack or any NGS test), as both have been found to unite several large subclades below DF13.

are there any 'floatinng around' ,unstudied snp's from a 23nme y-file that would help with the df13'ers or is it useless without ngs testing at this point?

While I wouldn't say it's impossible at this point, but...it's very, very unlikely that your raw 23andMe data would have any as of yet unknown SNPs below DF13.

DeaEff-Thirteen
01-15-2016, 04:10 AM
are you in the Yahoo L21 group?
dp

no, how do I join? r u the admin there?

DeaEff-Thirteen
01-15-2016, 04:13 AM
@ swid -ok thanks, its simple then.. i'll just have to save up for ngs or a few single snps at yseq

FunkyWanderer
02-18-2016, 05:32 PM
I've done all the tests available on FTDNA and am still R1B DF-13 and tested negative for every other downstream test

dp
02-18-2016, 05:49 PM
Just found your post. I'm just a member. I forwarded your request to someone of their team. -dp

swid
02-18-2016, 06:10 PM
I've done all the tests available on FTDNA and am still R1B DF-13 and tested negative for every other downstream test

From going through your posting history, you mentioned that you had previously done the L21 panels as both YSEQ and FTDNA. As this point, you really only have two options:

1. test Z39589 at YSEQ; even if you come back with a negative result, this will rule out a broad swath of DF13 for you going forward (just as a ZZ10- result did in the FTDNA L21 pack).
2. consider ordering a Big Y or FGC test; if nothing else, you (likely) never need to order another Y-DNA test ever again.

TigerMW
02-18-2016, 08:50 PM
I'm the main moderator on that forum. This is where we store files and reports. It is email based so you can read postings as individual emails or as daily digests but you have to register with yahoo some kind of nickname and email ID. Here is the home page from where you should be able to join.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/R1b-L21-Project/info