PDA

View Full Version : Flint Daggers in Prehistoric Europe

razyn
01-14-2016, 11:22 PM
I came across a reference to this recent volume, and haven't seen it cited here. Excuse me if this duplicates some earlier post.

Catherine J. Frieman and Berit Valentin Eriksen (Editors), Flint Daggers in Prehistoric Europe (Oxbow Books, 2015).

I was especially interested in the title, at least, of a chapter by Erik Drenth, "A parallel-flaked Scandinavian type flint dagger from Lent: an indicator of contacts between the central Netherlands and northern Jutland during Bell Beaker times." For better or worse, a few of us have been speculating about Jutland in a current thread under YDNA, R1b-L21. It's a bit off the beaten path, as Beaker studies go.

Finn
07-17-2020, 08:12 AM
I came across a reference to this recent volume, and haven't seen it cited here. Excuse me if this duplicates some earlier post.

Catherine J. Frieman and Berit Valentin Eriksen (Editors), Flint Daggers in Prehistoric Europe (Oxbow Books, 2015).

I was especially interested in the title, at least, of a chapter by Erik Drenth, "A parallel-flaked Scandinavian type flint dagger from Lent: an indicator of contacts between the central Netherlands and northern Jutland during Bell Beaker times." For better or worse, a few of us have been speculating about Jutland in a current thread under YDNA, R1b-L21. It's a bit off the beaten path, as Beaker studies go.

Four years later......
https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?21097-Pre-Germanic-development-in-the-LN-Flint-Dagger-Period