PDA

View Full Version : Does Your Car Have To Be A Certain Color

basque
01-31-2013, 09:56 PM
All of my cars have been Red Or Black. My new car this time round is Red.

basque :rolleyes: :car:

ilmari
02-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Because I often live in a desert climate with extreme heat, I buy white cars. I tested the temperatures of dozens of cars, inside and out, and bright white is the best for bright sun.

Scarlet Ibis
02-10-2013, 10:13 PM
I don't live in a desert climate, but I've always lived in the Deep Southern US, where the Summers get intense. It's pretty miserable getting into a car that's been baking in the sun all day on blacktop pavement. Even worse if the car is black. And EVEN WORSE if the seats, and steering wheel are leather. :\:\

Anyway, my past 2 cars have been green...there's no specific reason, other than that I wanted a particular model car, and it was the most decent color of that type available that day.

Ian B
10-28-2013, 11:38 AM
I don't have a particular colour preference for my cars, but I do prefer colours which don't blend in with the colour of the highway or surrounding countryside, I guess white or some bright colour would be my preferred colour.

R. Walker
11-04-2013, 04:01 AM
I've had a white one, a non metallic gold one, a metallic gold/bronze one and a silver/pewter one. I liked the metallic gold/bronze the best.
Dust didn't show on it. I live near an agricultural area where fields are always being plowed, so car gets dusty every time you turn around.

MitchellSince1893
11-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Between 1983 and 1990 I had 3 black cars...However, because they are so hard to keep clean looking (and I don't want to constantly wash them) , I vowed to never own another black car.

I owned two blue mustangs in a row from 1996-2009.

I now prefer the colors that hide dirt the best...maybe I'm just lazy and don't want to waste time washing cars. Thus I now have a particular fondness for silver cars.

geebee
11-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Yes, I want my car to be a certain color. Uncertain colors are hard on the eyes.;)

MikeWhalen
11-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Love the car bro, is it yours?

Mike

Between 1983 and 1990 I had 3 black cars...However, because they are so hard to keep clean looking (and I don't want to constantly wash them) , I vowed to never own another black car.

I owned two blue mustangs in a row from 1996-2009.

I now prefer the colors that hide dirt the best...maybe I'm just lazy and don't want to waste time washing cars. Thus I now have a particular fondness for silver cars.

MikeWhalen
11-04-2013, 07:05 PM
I have had pretty good luck with my vehicles so I've only owned 3 as they lasted a long time

the first was a car and it was white
-I did not like white as I really do live in the 'Great White North' and with 6 months of snow on the ground, its too easy for the car to blend into the environment, especially in a storm and be unsafe...so I'll never get another white one-I also found it showed dirt/dust alot and was hard to keep looking clean

The next was a burgundy red car and I liked that color quite a bit-it did not seem to show the dirt as much as the white and I seriously considered getting another vehicle that color

The third was a big chevy half ton truck...its black and beautiful!
-I love the high ride & 4 wheel drive, especially in wintertime, so I will never go back to a car again-I think the black looks very cool and it does not seem to show the dirt as bad as the white vehicle did...maybe we have different kind of dirt up here in Northern Ont. <shrug>

-as a kid, I drove the families candy apple red Buick Lesabre and loved the huge sedan and the color
-I also drove a pale yellow chevy sedan and it seemed to hide the dirt the best of all

So going back to the OP original question, $ + independant rating was always the key decision in making my purchase, but as I had grew older and had a bigger budget, color choice did become a bigger issue

Mike

AJL
11-04-2013, 08:22 PM
I've had three cars -- white, grey, and beige -- and a motorcycle, black. White shows dirt as Mike says, and grey and beige both blend in with snowy roads too much, so I have got into accidents merely by people not noticing my car. Even though I wasn't at fault this tends to cost money (my white car was totalled in a snowstorm), so I think next time around I will probably go with black again, or a shiny metal, or something fairly bright in a blue or green.

I do like red but apparently some insurers charge more for it because it is a potential indicator of unsafe driving.

MitchellSince1893
11-05-2013, 02:08 AM
Love the car bro, is it yours?

Mike

No I wish. But it is my favorite color combo...silver with blue stripes.

873 This is a picture of my previously mentioned Blue mustangs. Sorry for the thread hijack.

MikeWhalen
11-05-2013, 05:34 PM
love the 'remake' of the Boss on the right-I think it was really smart of all the companies coming out with updated but 'looks like the original' classics they had
....I've seen many of those new mustangs on the road and they are very sharp...a buddy at work got one of the new retro camaros and its a beauty too

M

No I wish. But it is my favorite color combo...silver with blue stripes.

873 This is a picture of my previously mentioned Blue mustangs. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Yggdrasil
11-06-2013, 08:06 AM
A modern car is an ugly object that should be hidden away as much as possible. If I had a choice I would prefer a camouflage colour that doesn´t showcase the dirt, some sort of silvery grey, otherwise the one that is cheaper. For safety I suppose a strong slightly unusual colour would be better.

Alessio B. Bedini
11-06-2013, 08:24 AM
I believe That the Color Also depends on the car .. if you have a Ferrari must be red!
However quiet I do not have currently a Ferrari, but a Ford Focus anthracite gray ;)

geebee
11-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Yes, I want my car to be a certain color. Uncertain colors are hard on the eyes.;)

Okay, I'll expand on my previous answer. Most of the cars I've ever owned have been bought used, and generally I've had other considerations than color. I have never owned a black car, and probably wouldn't, and I don't believe I've ever owned a white car.

IF I had my choice of multiple colors of the same model car, though, at about the same cost, I would likely go with red. The first new car I ever owned was red, and it had just 4 miles on it when I got it. I didn't quite order it from the factory, it was already on its way to the dealership. I just bought it before it got there.

However, after the first time I purchased a car from a rental company, every car I've owned since has been bought the same way. These cars have been low mileage, have been well-maintained (they pretty much looked like new), and best of all -- from my standpoint -- there was no dickering on the price. I like buying cars the same way I buy anything else: go to the store, the price is the price, buy it if you want it.

Color was still a secondary consideration. Come to think of it, though, I've owned more silver/grey cars than anything else. (I also owned one orange one, which I nicknamed "the Pumpkin".)