PDA

View Full Version : FTDNA to Gedmatch: Kit does not have enough SNPs to be tokenized

cderory
01-30-2016, 07:49 PM
I just received results from FTDNA for a Family test that I manage.
I 've just downloaded the autosomal and X files to Gedmatch.

I get the following message:
Kit Fxxxxxx was uploaded on 2016-01-30 18:10:09 (GMT / UTC)
Kit Fxxxxxx has not been tokenized. It is not available for one-to-one comparisons.
Kit Fxxxxxx has not completed batch processing for the one-to-many comparison results.
Number of SNPs utilized by GEDmatch template = 0
Warning: Kit will not be included in batch processing. It does not have enough SNPs.
Heterozygosity index = (fraction of total SNPs that are heterozygous)

What do you think about "Warning: Kit will not be included in batch processing. It does not have enough SNPs."

Huntergatherer1066
01-30-2016, 08:01 PM
What is the file size of the zipped raw data file you're trying to upload? It should be a little over 6 megabytes. Maybe you are inadvertently uploading the X chromosome file instead of the autosomal file, I think I did that once.

paulgill
01-30-2016, 09:03 PM
What is the file size of the zipped raw data file you're trying to upload? It should be a little over 6 megabytes. Maybe you are inadvertently uploading the X chromosome file instead of the autosomal file, I think I did that once.

I think from FTDNA they tell you to upload both files.

Caesarea
01-30-2016, 09:35 PM
Uploading DNA Data Files to GEDmatch.com

If you have not already created GEDmatch.com account, you'll need to create one before you can upload your data. You can upload data for more than one person under the same account.

In another browser window or tab go to GEDmatch and log in to your account.

On your GEDmatch.com account home page you'll see this "File Upload" panel, you will need to use the two FTDNA data upload options in the correct order detailed below:

Gedmatch FTDNA upload buttons.png

You'll need to upload both the autosomal raw data and then the X chromosome raw data which you have saved on your computer.

FTDNA DATA UPLOAD MUST BE DONE IN TWO STAGES one each for the two files you have previously downloaded.

It is IMPORTANT TO UPLOAD AUTOSOMAL RESULTS FIRST (Family Finder Data) using the "FTDNA Family Finder" File Upload Option

Then to UPLOAD X-DNA RESULTS SECOND using the "FTDNA X-DNA" File Upload Option

For FTDNA data to be correctly processed on GEDmatch.com ..

FIRSTLY Autosomal DNA and then SECONDLY X-DNA data files must be uploaded to GEDmatch.com - in this order!

cderory
01-31-2016, 10:16 AM
Thank you for your replies.
It was done like you explained and I used to do it because I already manage 13 others kits.

This morning the kit was fully tokenized and the previous messages have disappeared from Gedmatch (DNA File Diagnostic Utility).
So may be a problem with gedmatch analyse software!