PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find information - Marker M335

UtopiasCult
02-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Hello,

Trying to get some information on M335 - R1b1b? Or is it R1b1d? I've seen both referenced, 1b more common.

From what I gather it is extremely, extremely rare.

Huntergatherer1066
02-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Hello,

Trying to get some information on M335 - R1b1b? Or is it R1b1d? I've seen both referenced, 1b more common.

From what I gather it is extremely, extremely rare.

The longhand haplogroup names can change, so it has likely been both, and the correct one will to some extent depend on which haplotree tree you're referencing. It is easiest to just say the shorthand R-M335. M335 is an interesting and scarce marker at least given current testing, are you positive for it?

UtopiasCult
02-07-2016, 09:40 PM
The longhand haplogroup names can change, so it has likely been both, and the correct one will to some extent depend on which haplotree tree you're referencing. It is easiest to just say the shorthand R-M335. M335 is an interesting and scarce marker at least given current testing, are you positive for it?

Yes, hence my interest.

UtopiasCult
02-10-2016, 10:15 AM
So no one can help? What is the purpose of this forum then?

smal
02-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Yes, hence my interest.
According to the ISOGG tree (http://isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpR.html), M335 was moved from tree to tree investigation on 20 January 2016. This marker will be placed on tree in the correct position only if someone of M335+ makes NGS test (BigY or FGC).
Are you member of the R-M343 (M73- M269-) DNA Project (https://www.familytreedna.com/public/R1b1Asterisk/)?

Megalophias
02-10-2016, 03:42 PM
So no one can help? What is the purpose of this forum then?
To my knowledge M335 it has been found in a man from Turkey, a man from the Himalayas of India, a Chinese Muslim from Yunnan, and a couple of Germans. Where are you from?

All we know about the relationship of M335 to other kinds of R1b is that it doesn't fall into the most numerically important clades, R1b1a-P297 and R1b1c-V88. It could belong to a different twig off the same branch as those two, or it could belong to the most divergent known branch, R1b2-PH1165. Or maybe it has its own branch entirely. No one knows, because there are only a handful of samples and none of them have been full sequenced.

It's really just a matter of luck that the marker was even defined (Cinnioglu found it in Turkey first I believe). Otherwise it would just be some random unclassified R1b*, which is found at low levels in many places.