PDA

View Full Version : ydna E in Asia

newtoboard
02-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Does anybody have any data on E in S Asia/Central Asia? I remember the Tarim basin had some as did Pashtuns(a recent study said it was Iranian in origin and probably ending the idea of even a minor greek contribution to Asia once and for all!).

newtoboard
02-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Something that might be related is the presence of Nestorian Christians and the Pzayrk rug(of supposed Armenian orgin).

Farroukh
12-30-2013, 05:24 AM
any data on E in S Asia/Central Asia?
Are you interested in E* or its subclades?
Here is the comments of Maestro Dienekes on paper about Afghanistan, incl. E haplogroup (Afghanistan's Ethnic Groups Share a Y-Chromosomal Heritage Structured by Historical Events)

misanthropy
07-22-2017, 05:57 AM
I'm Indian and have E-M78 Y-dna due to a Yemeni paternal ancestor from a few generations ago. There is significant Yemeni diaspora in South India ('Chaush' community in Deccan region, particularly) and Indonesia.

Farroukh
07-22-2017, 06:33 AM
I'm Indian and have E-M78 Y-dna due to a Yemeni paternal ancestor from a few generations ago. There is significant Yemeni diaspora in South India ('Chaush' community in Deccan region, particularly) and Indonesia.
Related article:
Presence of three different paternal lineages among North Indians: a study of 560 Y chromosomes. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19058044)
Haplogroup E1b1b1 was observed in Shias only.