PDA

View Full Version : Haplogroup G in Israel and Egypt : Hyksos?

The_Lyonnist
02-24-2016, 10:57 PM
On this map There are a lot of G in Israel and north of Egypt, where was supposed to be the Hyksos. So I'd like your opinion.

http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup_G2a.gif

Kale
02-25-2016, 05:40 PM
G was the primary haplogroup of the Anatolian neolithic, I wouldn't doubt a lot of it come from that.

Asante
02-05-2019, 12:12 AM
On this map There are a lot of G in Israel and north of Egypt, where was supposed to be the Hyksos. So I'd like your opinion

Interesting! I thought of something similar a few years back.

Asante
02-05-2019, 12:13 AM
G was the primary haplogroup of the Anatolian neolithic, I wouldn't doubt a lot of it come from that.

Hmm. So you believe that it was of Northeast African/Nile Valley origin? DNAtribes proposed this on one of their analysis a few years back.

Moe12
02-07-2019, 04:10 PM
Hmm. So you believe that it was of Northeast African/Nile Valley origin? DNAtribes proposed this on one of their analysis a few years back.

G is likely Neolithic in Egypt, it came during the Neolithic period when Egypt transformed from a hunter-gatherer hub to a sedentary farming lifestyle especially in Faiyum A. These intrusive people brought E-Z830, G, T and R-V88 (perhaps also some J2 and J1). They brought farming and livestock to Egypt. G originally was one of the main haplogroups of Neolithic Anatolians and it's not native to the Nile Valley.

The_Lyonnist
02-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Iberians and Hyksos are similar names ...